What do you guys think about the Marvel Legends 2 packs

TrevSter881

So what's the alternative? Buy all the characters I already own in a different scale? Start a new Marvel collection again? Pay 10 dollars for half a figure with half the detail? The rerelease of the same characters is the reason I got out of collecting Star Wars. ML not cost effective? fine Retail prices going up? true economic reccesion? I understand what I don't get and still haven't gotten is an explanation of why we were shown a product in SDCC, were asked to vote on which we wanted, despite much whining and complaining we voted 3 were chosen, we were told we would get them and here we are exactly one year later and the figures haven't been released and might not get released this year.WTF????? That's just plain wrong.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing last forever so your alternatives are either enjoy the next thing to come along or you simply enjoy what you already have.

As for the ML 2-packs shown at last year's comic-con, like I said before, I am sure we will get some kind of update next week. Why the delay, I don't know. TRU possibly postponed them due to having so much of the current inventory in stock, I don't know, but the alternative would have been to say nothing till the figures were actually released. Im sure in-part Hasbro wanted to try and build hype for them last year to convince TRU to pick them up at all but its been a tough year all around thanks to the recession and so im sure those are factors in play. Why get mad about it though even if they don't come out at all? Was voting that much a choir for you? I mean if or when they come out great, if not then enjoy what you already have.

I didn't mind the voting, I actually thought it was cool idea to give us a choice, and like I said if they decide that ML is too much for them and they want cancel it,fine, It would upset me but I would get over it eventually; like you said nothing lasts forever but what really bothers me is the way they avoid the issue if they are having problems getting these to retail for some reason like for example the one you mentioned about Toys r Us then fine but tell us about it but don't announce the figures then say we might not get these this year then avoid the issue in the Q&As. A simple "We are having a little trouble getting these 2 packs to retail cite X reason but be sure we would give you more information about it at Comic Con." A straight answer would go a long way but instead we have to wait an entire year to hear news about the fate of 6 figures. I do enjoy what I have and will enjoy these figures if and when they come out but I would also enjoy a little information about it every once in a while instead of generic and empty answers.

DCU does great and they are like 40% b listers lol. I know motu and dcu have hassles , but it's always been that way. DCU can be hard to find sometimes but wave 13 and 12, and 11 have been easy, I live around 3 trus 5 targets and like 8 wal-marts so it is usually not that hard.

If DCU can be successful with mostly unrecognizable characters ( to kids) then ML does not have an excuse.

I have a few MU and i can't wait for Galactus but hasbro has mostly given up with ML, I mean the Iron man 2 toys 6 ich are great especially War mac, but they were in stores for like 3 weeks and then nothing, they sold fast I wasn't even able to grab a suitcase IM, so there is a market for them.

DCU does great and they are like 40% b listers lol. I know motu and dcu have hassles , but it's always been that way. DCU can be hard to find sometimes but wave 13 and 12, and 11 have been easy, I live around 3 trus 5 targets and like 8 wal-marts so it is usually not that hard.

If DCU can be successful with mostly unrecognizable characters ( to kids) then ML does not have an excuse.

I have a few MU and i can't wait for Galactus but hasbro has mostly given up with ML, I mean the Iron man 2 toys 6 ich are great especially War mac, but they were in stores for like 3 weeks and then nothing, they sold fast I wasn't even able to grab a suitcase IM, so there is a market for them.

You will have to show me some actual proof that DCUC do great, cause I don't by it.

You will have to show me some actual proof that DCUC do great, cause I don't by it.

I can only go by that a company would not put in the money and time and effort for a failing line. on the web site their sets always sell out in a decent time, wave 5 (which was a wal-mart exclusive wave ) sold out on matty in minutes. they have waves and waves planned, and there are no sighs of them going away anytime soon. I mean hasbro releases the iron man 2 6inch figs and they sell out, with people wanting more.

You know qc going down (toybiz) or stuff never getting released (hasbro). I think most people can agree that DCU is successful. I say they at least have 2 years or more. but obviously I don't have matte'ls numbers, I can just go by the signs.

Nothing last forever so your alternatives are either enjoy the next thing to come along or you simply enjoy what you already have.

As for the ML 2-packs shown at last year's comic-con, like I said before, I am sure we will get some kind of update next week. Why the delay, I don't know. TRU possibly postponed them due to having so much of the current inventory in stock, I don't know, but the alternative would have been to say nothing till the figures were actually released. Im sure in-part Hasbro wanted to try and build hype for them last year to convince TRU to pick them up at all but its been a tough year all around thanks to the recession and so im sure those are factors in play. Why get mad about it though even if they don't come out at all? Was voting that much a choir for you? I mean if or when they come out great, if not then enjoy what you already have.

Thanks for your brilliant input ENI Guy. That's like saying "Hey your dog is dead but enjoy the fact that everyone else's dog is still alive."

I have moved on though. Marvel Select and Minimates. No PUinverse figures. Hasbro doesn't really owe us anything though. We already know that they want nothing to do with Marvel Legends so we don't need them to tell us that. All I know is that i have a lot more money in my pocket to buy better things.

Oh and DCUC is successful in my book. I don't collect them but I always see them selling and with the release of that new Blue Beetle they are finally getting some really nice articulation. That figure is so awesome; I might have to pick it up.

I can only go by that a company would not put in the money and time and effort for a failing line. on the web site their sets always sell out in a decent time, wave 5 (which was a wal-mart exclusive wave ) sold out on matty in minutes. they have waves and waves planned, and there are no sighs of them going away anytime soon. I mean hasbro releases the iron man 2 6inch figs and they sell out, with people wanting more.

You know qc going down (toybiz) or stuff never getting released (hasbro). I think most people can agree that DCU is successful. I say they at least have 2 years or more. but obviously I don't have matte'ls numbers, I can just go by the signs.

I can go by signs to. First Mattel has already paid for the DC license from Warner Bros. So regardless of how well the line does or doesn't do, that is money already spent. So of course they are going to do what they can to try and make that money back and hopefully make a profit. I'm sure Mattel went after that license primarily for the movie related stuff. That is where most the money is made on these things. ML and DCUC even at the height of popularity are a drop in the bucket compared to what a company can make off a line connected to a big summer blockbuster. The biggest difference between Marvel and DC right now is Marvel has had a string of movie blockbusters in recent years allowing Hasbro to probably make a lot of money on things like Iron Man, X-Men and Spider-Man. DC has not. Beyond Batman (which with the last movie was very dark not and not as attractive to young kids or more specifically young kids parents as opposed to say Iron Man) the DC movies have all bombed. Superman Returns.

I live in a big major metropolitan area and the DCUC figures, the same couple of waves you always find sit here, month after month. When a retailer gets a rare new case, yeah they sell but when they start getting those cases in real numbers the figures sit. I've also talk to managers at some of these retail outlets along with etailers and comic shop owners who sell these things.

Mattel by there own admission has said these don't sell well on their own website which is because what demand there is for them has already gone somewhere else and bought them. Mattel is obviously not reaching any new consumers with these when they try and sell them on their own site.

Now I am not saying these don't sell at all or there is no profit being made at all. In fact many of the small retailers when they get a wave before a large retail chain does, will sell these well, but the numbers they are selling them in isn't one I think is going to make a large corporation like Mattel doing a money dance.

So obviously since a Mattel isn't opening their books to any of us and won't comment on distribution numbers, its almost impossible to say 100% how well these do or don't do, but if you want to go by signs, then I think there more signs out there that say these only sell mediocre at best, but certainly not great as was previously stated.

Jay C, I have never seen you this active in a thread before.

Good to get feedback from you, even if you are breaking our hearts!!!

For me, the only thing I ever wanted was that ML would be treated like Star Wars and GI Joe. When Hasbro first took over, they sold ML for 10 beans , and the 8-inch GI Joe Sigma Six figures were 10 beans as well.

Don't tell me a BAF arm or leg was as cost effective as the multitude of accessories that Sigma six got.

Then it takes them 2 years to give us the Nemesis series, but we can be flooded with Wolverine Origins, MU,and Iron-Man 2 figures in no time.

YES, the market has changed.

YES, prices have gone up and now ML is a collector's series, but man, just treat us right.

That is all I ask.

Stop milking us with 50 versions of the same character.

Don't show us a plethora of action figures but only release 6 -12 A YEAR!!!

I know 4 - inch figs are cost effective and their accessories and vehicles sell pretty well, but man, al I want are some figures that they already have molds of!!!

If you want to sell 2-packs, put the Silver Samurai and Crimson Dynamo in them, and watch them fly off the shelf.

Heck, just put them on the shelf.

Like I said in an earlier post, stop stringing us along.

I know nothing lasts forever, and that Hasbro is into making $$$, but even on limited production, there are many willing to give up the green IF they (Hasbro) would simply supply what is demanded.

ok maybe dcuc doesnt sell as good as we think. well everyone has another opinion on the subject i guess because if dcuc wouldnt sell then why continue? because mattel respects the fans and can live with what they get. who says by the way that marvel legends dont sell? they can do good, what do we know? i dont even believe that moviefigs are such big sellers. movies are mostly pg-14 and most kids of that age arent playing with figs anymore. i worked at a toystore and i can tell that most are into nintendo ds and playstation. i had a lot of collectors buying marvel legends. kids buyed a lot of spideys and f4 figs at my store but the secondary characters not so much. jayc you have a lot of great arguments on everything and i am always on board with what you say but not this time around. i am still on the side like most on the ml boards that if hasbro would deliver then ml would have a bright future. so much time has past that i doubt that hasbro can turn the wheel and give us what we want. they dont realy seem to care. thats the impression a lot of people getfrom what they do.