Official Toyfair 2018

tarot

It seems that the killmonger and Ross set will have a baf piece of....... Stan Lee!

Other parts included in an dr strange and iron man as well as a falcon and winter soldier

That's some BS too. They got us. "Heheheheh yup, you'll buy Cap and Iron Man again."

Yep, see that's the kinda crap that causes massive parts swapping. Anyone who buys these things make sure it the right BAF parts. Personally, I'll just pass. If I really want the figure I'll even buy it on the secondary market rather than buying another damn IM or Cap.

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled onto a youtube video of someone interviewing Dwight Stall and Jesse Falcon at Toyfair and thought it was interesting of what I heard and thought I would share concerning Firestar which is a figure I been wanting made and others as well I noticed. Someone actually asked them about a future release of her and if she would appear in a Spiderman wave which I figured most likely would happen.

Dwight answered that they actually made a prototype of her and did plan to stick her in a Spiderman wave some years back but he was told No. The reason being that they did not want to mix mutants in with the Spiderman line. I found that pretty interesting because I was holding out hope of seeing her pop up someday but now know they did have plans but was not allowed to go through with it. I love how Dwight is open about this and was willing to share.

I did not post a link to the youtube video because I did not want to break the rules but liked learning the fate of Firestar and wanted to share. He acted like she still might see the light of day, maybe in an X-Men wave?

I stumbled onto a youtube video of someone interviewing Dwight Stall and Jesse Falcon at Toyfair and thought it was interesting of what I heard and thought I would share concerning Firestar which is a figure I been wanting made and others as well I noticed. Someone actually asked them about a future release of her and if she would appear in a Spiderman wave which I figured most likely would happen.

Dwight answered that they actually made a prototype of her and did plan to stick her in a Spiderman wave some years back but he was told No. The reason being that they did not want to mix mutants in with the Spiderman line. I found that pretty interesting because I was holding out hope of seeing her pop up someday but now know they did have plans but was not allowed to go through with it. I love how Dwight is open about this and was willing to share.

I did not post a link to the youtube video because I did not want to break the rules but liked learning the fate of Firestar and wanted to share. He acted like she still might see the light of day, maybe in an X-Men wave?

But wait cloak and dagger are mutants? Right? 😂

Joking aside yeah I can see why he would say that. I mean she actually extremely hard to place into one of the waves. Spidey as she was introduced in the amazing friends cartoon. Xmen because that wasn't her comic book introduction And she was a member. Avenger because she was a member or a possible new warrior line? See can't really put her in one

But wait cloak and dagger are mutants? Right? 😂

Joking aside yeah I can see why he would say that. I mean she actually extremely hard to place into one of the waves. Spidey as she was introduced in the amazing friends cartoon. Xmen because that wasn't her comic book introduction And she was a member. Avenger because she was a member or a possible new warrior line? See can't really put her in one

Cloak and Dagger are not mutants, they do not have the X-gene.

What strikes me is how the higher ups at Hasbro seem to be more "in the know" than they need to be. It's almost like Dwight, Jessie & crew are giving up too much information when they try and sell an idea. Who the hell offered up the information that Firestar was a mutant in the first place? I suppose I could imagine the suits posing some question like "Does this character have any involvement with properties not owned by Marvel?" rather than "Is this character a mutant?". I think their thinking would be geared more towards "Is this character Avengers, GOTG, Spider-Man, Television or X-Men or other?". Anyone with any kinda knowledge knows she's an Avenger or New Warrior, but only very loosely an X-Man. It just seems like someone is over informing them somehow. As a matter of fact, I can't even remember a time when she was closely involved with the X-Men or related teams, tho I'm sure she has been for short periods. You would think, by now, the creative crew would know how to play the game when proposing a line up. I could maybe see some of the stuffed shirts be hip to the fact that some of the high profile characters that have been on the Avengers like Rogue and Beast are mutants, but Firestar?

In reality, I guess that would explain the absence of an updated Quicksilver (other than the dual movie identities), but if that's the case, how the hell did they get away with Scarlet Witch (the non MCU one)? I don't know. I've been on this forum for a long time, and though Dwight seems like a pretty straight shooter most of the time, it seems like anything that Jessie has to say involves some amount of BS. Back in the day when Hasbro first obtained the Marvel license he was a strait out liar on many cases. He was often heard making excuses & contradictory statements that left everyone scratching their heads. This seems like some more of that same kinda Deja Vu.

What strikes me is how the higher ups at Hasbro seem to be more "in the know" than they need to be. It's almost like Dwight, Jessie & crew are giving up too much information when they try and sell an idea. Who the hell offered up the information that Firestar was a mutant in the first place? I suppose I could imagine the suits posing some question like "Does this character have any involvement with properties not owned by Marvel?" rather than "Is this character a mutant?". I think their thinking would be geared more towards "Is this character Avengers, GOTG, Spider-Man, Television or X-Men or other?". Anyone with any kinda knowledge knows she's an Avenger or New Warrior, but only very loosely an X-Man. It just seems like someone is over informing them somehow. As a matter of fact, I can't even remember a time when she was closely involved with the X-Men or related teams, tho I'm sure she has been for short periods. You would think, by now, the creative crew would know how to play the game when proposing a line up. I could maybe see some of the stuffed shirts be hip to the fact that some of the high profile characters that have been on the Avengers like Rogue and Beast are mutants, but Firestar?

In reality, I guess that would explain the absence of an updated Quicksilver (other than the dual movie identities), but if that's the case, how the hell did they get away with Scarlet Witch (the non MCU one)? I don't know. I've been on this forum for a long time, and though Dwight seems like a pretty straight shooter most of the time, it seems like anything that Jessie has to say involves some amount of BS. Back in the day when Hasbro first obtained the Marvel license he was a strait out liar on many cases. He was often heard making excuses & contradictory statements that left everyone scratching their heads. This seems like some more of that same kinda Deja Vu.

Maybe it wasn't Hasbro but Marvel that said No. I don't think he was clear on which side. Personally I never really understood why in the cartoon show why they made her into a mutant/X-Man. Iceman was already one. It would have made more sense to me to have her be an Avenger for story purposes. Now that there has been interest shown, hopefully we can get her in maybe an X-Men wave though I would have preferred her in the Spiderman line so it would free up a slot in an X-Men wave so we might get a figure of maybe Rachel Grey or some other female we have not gotten yet.

The original question was is there going to be a Spiderman and his amazing friends' three pack and thats when Dwight remarked that they did made a figure of her and wanted to slip her into a Spiderman wave but he was told No.

But wait cloak and dagger are mutants? Right?

Yeah thats true. I pretty much have been going with the idea that the Spiderman line is ongoing and the Avengers pop up whenever there is a movie. X-Men has been one wave per year. I figured that it would be most likely that she may pop up in a Spiderman wave because of the cartoon show.

Deight also stated he wanted to release an Emma Frost recently. And stated the old one still holds up. Maybe a rerelease?

That would be cool with her cape this time. I have the old one and it does hold up, just that she needs her cape.

Deight also stated he wanted to release an Emma Frost recently. And stated the old one still holds up. Maybe a rerelease?

That would be cool with her cape this time. I have the old one and it does hold up, just that she needs her cape.

I saw this interview as well and if I remember correctly Dwight actually said he'd like to do Emma "again" insinuating at using the current molds, but the interviewer, maybe it was even JC, saying the old one still holds up. I think I even remember Dwight kinda shrugging his shoulders a bit, too. I tried looking up the interview again, but as I said, I forgot by who and exactly when, and there are so many to have to sit thru to find that little bit of information.

Now, I'm not one to advocate a buncha redos just for the sake of redos but I do do think a new figure would be better than a rerelease. Firstly, I do have the first one and though it looks really good it does not hold up to the current stock, specifically to the female figures. The face sculpt, upper body and torso (dem boobies & abs) all look good but the legs are a bit skinny. And even that's not that big a deal but they are quite rubbery and between that and the heeled feet the damn thing is all but impossible to stand. As I said, a straight redo would be a waste of space, especially in the already limited 1 per year X-Men wave, but how about an Emma in her black outfit in a two pack with an Astonishing Cyclops or maybe Sebastian Shaw? That would be a way to improve on the design while making that character available to people who didn't pick up the first one also while not being a straight redo. I personally would love to see her done using the formula used for the Dark Phoenix TRU exclusive. Though most people mistake it to just be the Kate bishop buck it is actually a mix of the Kate Bishop (upper chest & torso) and the thicker Scarlet Witch or Moonstone thighs. I haven't seen this particular modified buck used since but it's very well done and should be used more often. If anyone needs comparison, just look up comparisons between the it and the Juggy wave Jean Grey. The difference is clear (aside from the Fugly vs Beautiful face sculpts).