Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Found a figure at Wal Mart I can't find on Ebay or even Google.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

It is not a Marvel figure but I had to share this with you guys and get your thoughts. 

I went to a Wal Mart I had never been to before to track down a Black Panther and Nick Fury a friend had hidden for me. I decided to look over the DC Multiverse DKR line of figures and found a totally new Superman figure that was factory sealed in the package as if it was the same older "fat" Superman from the DKR comic series. I have tried to find this figure on Ebay and Google but can't find a single image. Did I find some sort of factory mishap? I have attached a picture of the figure if anyone knows what this is please enlighten me. 

Attached Files

#2 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:06 AM

No one has any idea? Would this be worth something if it is the only one of its kind? 

#3 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:03 AM

No looks like someone swaped out the Dark Knight Returns Superman with a older New 52 Superman and then returned it to the store.

#4 jonnyshowcase

jonnyshowcase

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

Yeah that's a new 52 Superman that has been swapped for a DKR Superman.

Attached Files

#5 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

I understand why you think a customer did this but I am 99 percent sure it is factory sealed. It still has the little rings holding his hands in place his cape is slotted perfect and the box just appears to never have been open. I thought factory errors were worth something? 

#6 jonnyshowcase

jonnyshowcase

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

I'm not even sure Mattel(DNK figure)makes the DC Collectibles(New 52 fugure) figures. So a factory error may not even be possible.

#7 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

I'm not even sure Mattel(DNK figure)makes the DC Collectibles(New 52 fugure) figures. So a factory error may not even be possible.

Hmmmm that is a good point and I don't know but if you can inspect the figure up close you will see it still has the small adhesive rings holding his hands in place and everything just looks too perfect. If someone really wanted to replace the 20$ DKR Superman with DC Collectible Superman I doubt they would go through all that trouble. Does anyone know if a factory error is possible? If it is a factory error would it have any value? 

#8 mako

mako

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

Sadly, the new "collector packaging" makes this especially sleazy form of shop-lifting easier than ever to pull off.

Of course, I once saw an Amazing Spider-Man Venom on an old-fashioned blister card for a DCSH Mongul figure you would swear was fresh from the factory.

It's truly pathetic how skilled some of these a-holes get at this.

#9 PGlass77

PGlass77

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

This seems to very common in stores like Toys R Us and Walmart. When Hasbro first took over the Legends line, I found a Marvel Select Thor in a Marvel Legends Thor package (Diamond figure in a Hasbro Package). It looks factory sealed, so I bought it thinking it may be worth something later on, maybe to those that like collecting error packaging. Past few years, I have bee seeing a lot of other error figures: Captain America from the Mandroid line with light blue arms and a bald man's head in place of the Mandroid head; a Toy Biz Wasp in a Hasbro Wasp package; Machine Man with squigy purple plastic pieces in place of his arms...I have also seen similar package errors with the DC Universe line, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Monster High.

#10 eronel55

eronel55

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

honestly it isnt hard to put a figure back in the packaging like that.  just takes a little patience and some tweezers.  i put my icons flash back into its box that way.  takes several minutes but it works and looks like it just came off the shelf.  that is definitely not a variant for that line

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us