Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 DoktorAvidan

DoktorAvidan

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

..your life.

This show is SO GOOD.
I'm stoked for the Masters of Evil episode.

#2 RodimusVTS

RodimusVTS

Vortious

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

I totally agree.

#3 wolverine2281

wolverine2281

Jango Fett

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

It is so awesome. My 2 yr old daughter watched the one were Thor was fighting Graviton and kept saying "Daddy what happened Thor?" every time he got smashed into something :D

#4 Eagle16

Eagle16

Mouser

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

I agree. Its totally awesome.

#5 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

Couldn't agree more! love everything about it, the voice work is great! Jeffery Combs is such a fantastic Leader. I've always been a fan of him since the 80's in his horror movies and the late 90's with Star Trek DS9 and when I first heard the Leader speak I was excited because I knew it was him. Gamma World last week was just the best hour episode I've seen in ages. I haven't watched Masters of Evil yet but I will tonight!

#6 DoktorAvidan

DoktorAvidan

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

I'm also stoked for when Vision shows up. (underrated Avenger)

#7 brianregan09

brianregan09

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Yeah i'd go as far as saying its the best cartoon Marvel has done and this coming from a guy that grey up on mid 90's Xmen and Spiderman cartoons which i love to this day

#8 DoktorAvidan

DoktorAvidan

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

I also watched The Next Avengers animated movie today.
I was cautiously optimistic, and I was not disappointed.
Seeing a grey-haired Hulk throwing down with a pimped out Ultron was pretty awesome to watch.

#9 MOTUeric86

MOTUeric86

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

I actually liked the Wolverine and The X-Men series that was on a year ago. I was bummed when they didn't re-new another season.

#10 bevx1138

bevx1138

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

This is easily the best Marvel-based cartoon ever. I know we're only part-way through the first season, but I feel totally confident saying this.

The writing is fantastic and the casting/voicing is absolutely pitch-perfect! They seem to be doing everything right, taking the best bits of every continuity: classic Avengers origins, the Ultimate universe and the movie stuff.

When this show was first announced over a year ago, I swear Phil Lamarr, one of my favorite voice actors (but who I'll always remember as Marvin in Pulp Fiction), who currently voices JARVIS, said that he'd also be playing the Vision... If that's true, the they really are doing things right, because Lamarr also recently voiced Simon Williams/Wonder Man!

#11 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

Wolverine and the X-Men series was fantastic! It was by far my favorite version of X-Men. It could have fit in perfect with Avengers canon. I really wish Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men and Avengers - Earth's Mightiest Heroes existed in the same Universe. Did anyone notice the newspaper on the newest episode mentioning School for Mutants and Baxter Building having an Alien? Also it was awesome seeing Wolverine in World War 2 as part of the Howling Commandos and them mentioning Reed Richards. I just wish Black Panther wasn't part of the team because I despise that character. Hope Vision takes his place because Panther sucks.

#12 DoktorAvidan

DoktorAvidan

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I noticed Phil as Wonder Man also and thought it was cool
maybe he'll reprise his role as Uatu.

and what's up with Panther hate?

I mean the Avengers have a huge roster so when they get Vision they might switch him for Panther and have Panther go back to Wakanda or something.
Maybe have him assist sometimes and bring him back for huge battles (like the inevitable one with Kang)

#13 DoktorAvidan

DoktorAvidan

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 588 posts

Yeah I noticed Phil as Wonder Man also and thought it was cool
maybe he'll reprise his role as Uatu.

and what's up with Panther hate?

I mean the Avengers have a huge roster so when they get Vision they might switch him for Panther and have Panther go back to Wakanda or something.
Maybe have him assist sometimes and bring him back for huge battles (like the inevitable one with Kang)

#14 bevx1138

bevx1138

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 76 posts

Have you all seen the online mini-sodes? They're actually the first 4 or 5 episodes of the series chopped up so that the TV premiere could be the team coming together for the first time... If you guys haven't watched them, DO. They're not filler or fluff-- there's some really great world-building and character establishment in them.

Anyways, I spotted a newspaper in one of them that referenced the Punisher and something else that I forget (maybe Spidey or X-related?). And in another, Hawkeye's SHIELD pilot was a certain blonde "Agent Morse" who I'm sure we'll see more of (um, cuz I totally spotted Mocky in one of the trailers)... So many little nuggets of awesome!

#15 Onyx

Onyx

Driller

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

I agree! I've been recording it and watching it with my kids also.

#16 QthaGreat

QthaGreat

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

I've watched that show and it is awesome. By far the best marvel based cartoon! I have noticed a little Panther haterism out there, whats up with that?

#17 Drayco90

Drayco90

Andorian

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (bevx1138 @ Dec 5 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you all seen the online mini-sodes? They're actually the first 4 or 5 episodes of the series chopped up so that the TV premiere could be the team coming together for the first time... If you guys haven't watched them, DO. They're not filler or fluff-- there's some really great world-building and character establishment in them.

Anyways, I spotted a newspaper in one of them that referenced the Punisher and something else that I forget (maybe Spidey or X-related?). And in another, Hawkeye's SHIELD pilot was a certain blonde "Agent Morse" who I'm sure we'll see more of (um, cuz I totally spotted Mocky in one of the trailers)... So many little nuggets of awesome!

The other newspaper hero was Man-Thing.

#18 decepticonmark

decepticonmark

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

Also as one who grew up watching the Xmen of the 90's and Spiderman I would have to say what those cartoons were then, Avengers is the next level. As far as Panther or for that matter any of the members of the team if you've noticed they have already started having only part of the team in certain episodes{Panther Quest episode Thor couldnt be reached by commications according to Iron Man so he wasn't in the episode, then I believe one had Antman MIA as he was still in Wakanda}. That's why so many members are being added I think. That way they can highlight a few members each week and then bring them all together in big episodes like Gamma World and such.

#19 decepticonmark

decepticonmark

Cobra Officer

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:28 PM

sorry double post

#20 Brymstone

Brymstone

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:37 PM

Love the show has the potential to be the JLU of Marvel. The only thing I don't like about Panther is that he shows up and dismantles the whole Avengers team, (with the exception of Thor and Hulk). Come on now he's good but not that good.

Anyway it is great I love the call backs to classic Avengers Mythos..fighting the Hulk, Masters of Evil, Loki pulling the strings.
I also love that they are not a team yet...they are currently a loose collection of Super Heroes. I would hope that sooner rather than later they resolve this issue and find their roles but it is a refreshing change of pace that they don't automatically gel as a team. This is even being explored in the new monthly comic that my son and I read.

Masters of Evil ep was great...can't wait to see what they do next.

As for other Marvel animation loved Next Avengers movie the best of the full length animated films. The Hulk Vs movie was great too (note: same voice actors as Hulk and Wolverine in this show and in Wolverine and the X-men)
WatX was better than it had any right to be. The idea that Wolvie would lead the X-men is laughable. Cyclops has never just fallen apart like he did. That aside the later eps were great leading to an Apocalypse heavy second season, but alas someone dropped the financial ball and we are left with what might have been. I think the fact that it was relegated to the abysmal network called Nicktoons which we still don't have here in Albany left it nowhere to go.

#21 RunRmc65

RunRmc65

Mouser

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

My kids and I love this show. They are definitely learning their superheroes real fast. I like how it is aimed to follow the mainstream marvel but has a few nods of Ultimate. In case you didnt see my post in the tv section. Captain Marvel is next week and he has his Ultimate Universe appearance.

#22 DoktorAvidan

DoktorAvidan

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Exactly.
As they expand the roster of the Avengers, they'll play with reserve/loadout members.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch the Masters of Evil episode (no spoilers please)
I don't have XD :/

Also, I hope eventually they play around with Hulk incarnations and how different Hulks would work with the team (or not)
Like they need Hulk for something but he's Joe Fixit so they go to Vegas and he's reluctant to leave his life, so he has to throwdown with the Avengers until he turns Green and joins up again.

Also Panther taking out everyone with such ease plays with his current writing where he is Marvel's Batman (Beat everyone because well...just because)
Like him wrestling Silver Surfer and winning (seriously what the #$##?)

But as long as they scale back Panther's fan-writing Plot Armour he'll mesh well.

I'm curious if Wolverine will show up again or other non-Avengers.
Barely in the first season so who knows.

#23 Eagle16

Eagle16

Mouser

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:46 PM

I know they are dropping a bunch of hints and names of other people in the Marvel universe (and I love it) but what are the chances that they actually show up in the series? Anyone know if they can legally use other characters (like x-men, spider-man, fantastic four, etc...)? Does marvel own the animated rights to everyone? I know they recently got Spider-man back. But what about everyone else?

#24 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:20 AM

The reason I hate Black Panther is because the way he's been written in the comics the past few years. The Head guy at BET started writing the series and just made Black Panther the best at everything. He made Black Panther arrogant, racist and selfish. He even retconned the first time Captain America met Black Panther's grandfather and had Captain America come off like a jerk and had Black Panther's grandfather beat him senseless. Their original meeting had them stalemate and become friends. He just made it seem that Black Panther was smarter then everyone, could beat everyone and was better then anyone, I hate that. Doctor Doom said he invented his first armor when he was like 12 and Black Panther said ''I made mine when I was 9''. Heck Black Panther has the cure for Cancer but won't share it with the world and save millions or possible billions of lives. He put Silver Surfer in a headlock and beat him lmao haha. Silver Surfer who is so powerful he could beat Hulk and Superman got beat by Black Panther.

Wolverine has a healing factor, Adamantium Claws and Skeleton but he gets his ass kicked in almost every issue, not Black Panther though, he's unbeatable lol. I hated how they kept pointing out how much better Wakanda technology was compared to Stark's. Lets not forget they had Storm marry him and take her away from X-Men comics for the longest. Their is no way she'd marry him, I just didn't buy it. Atleast the newest Black Panther comics had him finally get what was coming to him. Doctor Doom screwed up Wakanda good and beat Panther pretty good. I'd like to see Luke Cage smack Black Panther down a level or too. They've been treating Luke Cage like crap in comics for awhile and treating Black Panther like a freaking emperor.

#25 shortysben

shortysben

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

I havnt seen this, does anyone know if it is on demand (comcast)???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us