Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Are 26 episodes a new standard series length for animation?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 damprime

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Really what's up with that? Every last Marvel series the last few years haven't ran past this length. FF World's Greatest, Wolverine and The X Men and now Avengers EMH. Plus a few non Marvel related series. Two I really liked and a lot of people agree on were Sigma Six and mostly Transformers Animated. But Marvel had some good things going with most of their's. Even if you couldn't get brought in by some of the animation styles, the stories and different takes on the characters would. FF World's Greatest had some of the coolest costumes and character designs. The animation was beautiful and I really like the guest stars like She Hulk, Namor, Hulk and Iron Man. Wolverine and the X Men was tops for me. It was nice seeing alot of characters who you never thought would see any size screen time briefly or not. Seeing a Cyclops on edge and not playing nice was also cool. Not to mention Domino, Polaris and Wanda having more than one appearance. What's to say about Avengers EMH that hasn't already been said? The best Marvel series ever.

What happened to the days when great cartoons ran as long as they could or networks couldn't keep them because of ratings. Hell FOX has four animated shows with the least amount of seasons so far at three. How many episodes of Bleach and Dragon Ball are there? C'mon Marvel give us more of the quality animated shows and let them run forever like The Simpsons and Family Guy. What do you guys think?

#2 Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

I liked all what you mentioned. FF:WGH was really good. A:EMH is spectacualr. Speaking of which, I really like Spectacular Spider-Man. W:athXM was possibly better than the X-Men. And my kid loves all these cartoons too. The Marvel acquisition by Disney really screwed us over it seems in regards to cartoon continuity.

#3 damprime

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yeah I almost forgot about Spectacular Spider Man. I like it better than the new Ultimate even though I watch it too. Mainly just to see what the villains and other guest stars will look like. The takes on them are pretty cool. Like Dr. Strange's look with the long hair for instance. I try to ignore the cutaways and Deadpool like narration. It only works for him because he is crazy. lol.

#4 Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

I blame loeb, and the people at disney. They want the marvel cartoons to be just like all the garbage on their channel. Have you seen all the awful shows they have on there. Not one of them leaves you thinking or teach anything. The shows are just mindless and aren't funny at all. I mean that is what their trying to achieve and the shows just aren't funny at all. Yet their excuse is that those shows get more ratings then Avengers emh. Of course avengers doesn't have good ratings, you guys kept moving the show to get it cancelled. First it was on wednesdays, then fridays, and finally sunday morning. All this time change in less than a year, plus the lonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg droughts in between episodes all the time. Nice going disney, can't wait to see it all blow up in your face loeb. You ruined the best marvel cartoon ever. hulk.gif

#5 Eagle16

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

A:EMH has 52 episodes. Which isn't bad but I agree they should have kept going. It is a great show that still had so much story to tell.

#6 BigBearJahlon

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

Cartoons have come a long way.
For years the standard was 13 episodes. However, when sitcoms started to go beyond that format, the more populate toons followed suit.
I hate Dragon Ball as toon, (the movies were cool), but they had multiple episodes.
Smartly, Marvel started to do the same thing. And I think that was from the success of the Last Airbender.
26 episodes is great. That is half a year of good cartooning.
Sadly, it will not be enough for AEMH.
Too many loose ends. Especially when it comes to Surtur.

Really going to miss this show.
Loved how they handled the Skrull invasoon. First in a nice build up and then in the cool episodes.
Can you imagine how the new series is going to be with everything wrapped up in one episode???

And yes, I am looking at you Loeb!!!!
Ok, rant over. O:-)

#7 SpideyMang

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

Slightly off topic, but I really miss the Spider-Man, and X-Men Animated Series' those were so great. I loved watching those as a kid and at the time it seemed like the series just went on forever. It's a shame that series seem to be a lot shorter these days, with even smaller season it seems too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Action Figures
Star Wars
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us