Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Thor the dark world

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

A place to discuss your favorite hero the god of thunder and his film.

#2 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Is this the Thor 2 renamed? Hopefully they have a full budget to do much less Earth and/or desert scenes this time.

#3 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Prem1x @ Aug 17 2012, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this the Thor 2 renamed? Hopefully they have a full budget to do much less Earth and/or desert scenes this time.

This is the official title revealed at the 2012 comic con. Well they will have the money but that is not the problem. The problem is natalie portman is coming back to have a major role in the film. Therefore thor will have to be mainly on midgard once again in other to tie in with the jane foster character portman is playing and their forgetful and none convincing romance. Frankly that is the only thing I did not enjoy about the film, Natalie's huge part in the film. I thought the film should have been centered more on asgard or even more on the nine realms. Now with the sequel we might get a little more asgard and maybe thor will visit the other places like svartaifheim home of the dark elves. Which this would make sense since malekith is going to be the villain for this film. Maybe also visit hel home of hela and muspelheim home of surtur and the fire demons. If the film finished with loki asking surtur for an alliance to take over, This would make the film alone.

#4 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well the villain for the film is going to be malekith the accursed. I would of prefered enchantress and executioner led by loki behind the scenes or even better surtur lord of muspelheim and his army of fire demons. Regardless if marvel does this right then malekith could just be the next loki. What I mean by this is most people did not know who loki was before thor and avengers and now loki is widely know by the casual fan.

#5 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I like Malekith as a character, but I honestly haven't had much exposure to him. Something Thor has to outsmart rather than beat down sounds good to me.

I hear you on the 1st movie romance, but I thought it was believable enough. I think both the actors are outstanding. They just weren't given much to work with. I still love Portman even though she went and had a kid behind my back.

#6 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Prem1x @ Aug 17 2012, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like Malekith as a character, but I honestly haven't had much exposure to him. Something Thor has to outsmart rather than beat down sounds good to me.

I hear you on the 1st movie romance, but I thought it was believable enough. I think both the actors are outstanding. They just weren't given much to work with. I still love Portman even though she went and had a kid behind my back.

Nice, portman had a kid without you knowing. I'm sure she broke a lot of nerds hearts when she found a man and had kid with him. After all this girls been in a lot of movies we like to watch.

#7 ClauseRose

ClauseRose

Romulan

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Malekith is by far one of my favorite villains from Thor. I think in this one Loki needs to sit back and not do much, as he is trying to regain his status in Asgard. Of course, however, he should pull some string from behind the scenes

#8 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (ClauseRose @ Aug 18 2012, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Malekith is by far one of my favorite villains from Thor. I think in this one Loki needs to sit back and not do much, as he is trying to regain his status in Asgard. Of course, however, he should pull some string from behind the scenes

Agreed and maybe have loki start to prepare things behind the scenes while malekith is creating havoc for thor, giving the opportunity to loki to do his work. Like making alliances with surtur and others from the nine realms. Then loki can have an army to attack in the third thor movie. Imagine ulik, fire demons, wolves, dark elves, frost giants, and midgard serpent or fafnir all besieging the walls of asgard. Meanwhile loki and enchantres with skurge waiting to get in and kill odin and thor. It would be epic like a lord of the rings two towers and return of the king sort of massive battles. Where you have 10,000 uruk-hai attacking the people. Maybe it could make as much money as those films did and really put the thor franchise movies up there with the success batman, iron man, and avengers have had.

#9 BigBearJahlon

BigBearJahlon

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

i like the idea of Loki being involved, but playing the background schemer instead of the upfront and outright villain. Aside from that, this film needs 2 more things.

1) a physical villain and army worthy of Thor's strength. His powers seem so downplayed and I think that hurt the first movie. I mean he faced the Destroyer, but his abilities were not shown against him.

So I vote Ulik, or since it is Malekith, use Algrim who eventually becomes Kurse and defeat him and the dark elf army.

2) we need ACTION!!! That is the first flick truly lacked. We got it in spurts, but nothing like the Hulk, Iron Man, or Captain America films. In fact, Thor needs more action than most of them because of what he can do. I thought the story of the first one was really good, but with only 3 fight scenes, I left the movie feely the lack.

After watching Sucker Punch, i kept thinking that it was Thor in reverse: GREAT action sequences and a so-so story.

Can Zach Snyder direct a Marvel film please????

PS: @ JesusFollower, I love the screen name!!! Amen

#10 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (BigBearJahlon @ Aug 22 2012, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i like the idea of Loki being involved, but playing the background schemer instead of the upfront and outright villain. Aside from that, this film needs 2 more things.

1) a physical villain and army worthy of Thor's strength. His powers seem so downplayed and I think that hurt the first movie. I mean he faced the Destroyer, but his abilities were not shown against him.

So I vote Ulik, or since it is Malekith, use Algrim who eventually becomes Kurse and defeat him and the dark elf army.

2) we need ACTION!!! That is the first flick truly lacked. We got it in spurts, but nothing like the Hulk, Iron Man, or Captain America films. In fact, Thor needs more action than most of them because of what he can do. I thought the story of the first one was really good, but with only 3 fight scenes, I left the movie feely the lack.

After watching Sucker Punch, i kept thinking that it was Thor in reverse: GREAT action sequences and a so-so story.

Can Zach Snyder direct a Marvel film please????

PS: @ JesusFollower, I love the screen name!!! Amen

hear hear.

we do need more action. I completely forgot about kurse, but your right he would be a challenge to thor. Malekith and kurse actually did work together in the comics and their both dark elves, so that is a great idea. Thanks.

#11 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Now they have done it, I'm so excited now for this movie. They have just hired adewale akinnuoye-agbaje to play kurse. Now this movie is going to be really really good. Thor will have someone to fight that can match him. I love it when movies have more than one villain, now thor will have to fight both malekith and kurse. Oh yeah, and loki is also going to be in this. So thats three villains for thor to fight.

#12 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Dr. strange is rumored to be in the film. So far it hasn't been confirmed at what part of the film he will show up. Most likely he will show up at the end of the film, just before the credits. Kind of like what they did with iron man 2 when mjolnir shows up at the end, to lead you in to the upcoming thor film.

#13 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

New update viggo mortensen known for his work in the lord of the rings trilogy is set to possibly be dr. strange. As of now the dr. strange role is still a rumor but, what has been confirmed for sure is that marvel studios are in talks with him for a role.

#14 Jesusfollower

Jesusfollower

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Tyr has just been announced for the film. HE is another of thors brothers. Maybe we will get balder next.

#15 QthaGreat

QthaGreat

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

sweet! this is slowly but surely becoming an interesting film. and I agreed with the previous post that this one needs to up the anti on actioin and Thors power set. He's one of the most unstoppable forces in the Marvel Universe and he got down played in his own film and the Avengers film. Thor should have been able to take out most of the Chitari on his own. Kurse and Malekith will be great villians. I hope for some cameos of The Enchantress, The Executioner, Hela, Balder, and Surtur.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us