When is the Walgreens Fantastic Four releases?

KiloinNorcal

Yeah I'd say May/June is a safe bet for Sue with Torch in Aug/Sep. I could be wrong but I want to say that was the release schedule for last years Namor & Punisher. Idk, I just wish that they would bump it up to 4 a year so we could get one every quarter. I remember Dwight saying at SDCC (or was it NYCC?) last year that their relationship with Walgreens is fantastic and that Walgreens was "all in"

I remember that being an exact quote so from there on out, I've been waiting to hear some additional news about a possible "expansion" of their partnership. Of course, Dwight stating that Walgreens was "all in" could simply just mean that Walgreens is having great success with their exclusives and/or they are just very happy with the way Hasbro is treating them on the professional side.

Still...I'm hoping "all in" means that at some point down the road, we get more than 2 a year. I 1000% understand that comparing a retailer like TRU to a retailer like Walgreens is NOT an apples to oranges sort of deal but just as a side bar, I'd say if ANY retailer is "all in", it's gotta be freaking TRU lol.

So far TRU has this year:

1. Groot Evolution

2. Mary Jane 2pack

3. Dark Pheonix 2pack

4. A-Force 6pack

5. Hydra 2pack (assuming Hydra Cap and ?)

Plus

SW Commander Gree & 2 more rumored Exclusives before years end.

On the legends side, that's 13 confirmed figures for this year versus the 3 from the 3pack from last year.

In 2016, we got: (only speaking for SW & Legends)

1. Avengers 3pack

2. SW Droid 3pack

3. SW Hovertank Pilot

Bottom line, TRU is track to nearly triple its exclusives from last year (among those two 6in lines) and we all know there's at least a small chance there might be another surprise in store as the year is still young. Go TRU lol

@KiloinNorcal

Completely right!

The Jnaut wave was the beginning of the end. Up until that point, Walgreens only got in 2-3 figures from any given wave-which is appropriate for the shelf space allocation. Most exclusives (Legends & SW alike) were shipped out in qtys of 2-4 to most store with more higher-volume stores receiving the 8-count sidecap shipper.

The madness started when most stores received full cases of Jnaut and THEN also received full cases of Dormammu...ugh

That was the case for JUST the 4 closest stores in my area and to this day, each and every store is just drowning in those 2 waves. Walgreens have 2 shelf spaces for Legends, one for Spidey and one for "Avengers" and most of their exclusives fall into those sub-categories as far as how their computer systems operate as well-Venom, Daredevil, Punisher fell into Spidey category and Ant-Man & Namor fell into the Avengers category.

Full cases going to a Walgreens is just ridiculous and the end result is just massive clogging. Each of the two shelf space allocations allow for about 7-8 figures and every store I go to is sitting on most of a Jnaut Wave, most of a Dormammu Wave, plus hangovers from HulkBuster Wave, plus lingering exclusives like several Namor, Daredevil and Ant-Mans for example-especially from stores that got 8-count shippers (most in my area) Most stores have Legends bleeding all over the place and jammed into cross sections where DC and Black Series figures go...

I think they've learned their lesson though as all the stores in my area have only received 2-3 GOTG2 figs and 2-3 Warlock Figs and that's EXACTLY how it should be. I have seen the entire Warlock wave a few times over at Walgreens when they first landed (I just waited for the case to show on EE for myself) and I'm pretty sure I've hit every one of those stores since that wave landed and there's no longer a single Warlock figure anywhere in my area to speak of-that's how you do it. If Warlock went out by the solid case, I'd be seeing more than half the wave at each store at this point, just rotting like the Jnaut figs are. Walgreens is not a TRU or Target lol they just don't have the space for full waves.

I hope this continues for the new FF exclusives as I WANT those FF figures as much as the next guy (probably more than most collectors actually lol) BUT we do NOT need to see Sue being shipped out in full case shippers...we just don't.

How polite of you that you waited for someone to open it lol as I would've cut it open, took 2, stocked the rest on the shelf and then took the box with the figures to the register.

Very, very interesting that you saw a case of 6 as that's a first for a ML single carded case pack. As we all know regular waves are cases of 8 and the only other variation to single case packs that I know of was Walmart Bucky & Cap and those were 4 per case. As I'm writing this, I realized that I actually don't know what the TRU Groot case pack was but simply due to how many I saw on the shelf, I always assumed it was a case of 8...but maybe it was 6 also?

Good info sir and I thank you for it 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Sue has made it to Florida yet?

Definitely. I found her in Tampa 2 days ago. Walgreens on Gunn hwy had a full case...just down the road from Heroes Haven comic store.
Do you know if Brandon has had any at any point? I neglected ordering it online thinking Bartow had it, but they didn't (weird online inventory crap), so now I either find it in the wild or pay through the roof eBay prices for her.

You will find her in the wild, trust me lol. Just give the manager at your local store her WIC # or UPC # and have him/her pull on the districts inventory of on-hand counts.

I went into my local store last night, who didn't receive theirs yet, and did just that. I told him to print me the list of all stores in the surrounding 2 districts, that showed counts of 3 or more on her. He gave me the list and it showed 22 stores within 25 miles of me, all showing a case of 6. I drove 2 miles to the closest store and there was indeed 6-I took 2 to the register and went home lol.

Shop smart, not hard! 😄

I am beginning to really hate Walgreen exclusives. I have been going into both of the 24 hour ones and nothing but pegwarmers. Get weird looks from employees as I walk out. I see on the front page that they finally hit their website for sale and sold out but had a store locator that told which ones have them in stock. One of them near me showed that they did so I call. It takes them forever to answer. I explain what I am looking for and he says nope don't have it.

I wish this was a team set exclusive with the whole team in one package and an Entertainment Earth or TRU exclusive then Walgreens. Or at least release them altogether as a wave as a Walmart exclusive. Sorry for the rant................ I know I will probably find her eventually. I just hate going in there every night after I get off work.

I am beginning to really hate Walgreen exclusives. I have been going into both of the 24 hour ones and nothing but pegwarmers. Get weird looks from employees as I walk out. I see on the front page that they finally hit their website for sale and sold out but had a store locator that told which ones have them in stock. One of them near me showed that they did so I call. It takes them forever to answer. I explain what I am looking for and he says nope don't have it.

I wish this was a team set exclusive with the whole team in one package and an Entertainment Earth or TRU exclusive then Walgreens. Or at least release them altogether as a wave as a Walmart exclusive. Sorry for the rant................ I know I will probably find her eventually. I just hate going in there every night after I get off work.

I agree with you. I mean since it is their exclusive you'd think they could devote some actual shelf space to it. The one I found was buried behind over a dozen peg warmers from at least four different waves. If it was a different store's exclusive at least it would be manageable. I know my local walgreens is way out of the way, so I usually can only check there once a week or so.

You beat me to it! Since it was back online, I was able to track it down. What was great was at the Walgreens I went to, they keep the Invisible Woman in the back and only issue one (if asked for it). I asked the lady who got mine "why"? She told me because "it keeps people (scalpers) from buying them all up. You gotta love that policy!

Rukkdeez!!! That's awesome! Where are you located?

I wonder if checking all the stores and not asking for it means that I have missed out on getting it multiple times!

I just caved today and ordered it on the Walgreens website, rather than endless fruitless searching!

I'm in Southern California (San Diego North County area) and After I procured mine, I asked myself the very same question!