Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Marvel Comics Q&A thread

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#26 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:37 AM

Iron Man - Written by Robin Laws, art by Michael Ryan. The adventures of billionaire industrialist and publicly known superhero Tony Stark.

The Hell?!?!?When did Tony reveil he was Iron Man?And please tell me they didn't do it in some stupid way.

Unfortunately, I can't.

While I don't mind the way in which it happened, many Iron Man fans have complained about the way it was done.

I wasn't reading the book myself at the time, so not certain on all of the details, but here's what I seem to recall from the quick browse I gave it:

After an underwater adventure, Stark is left on a fishing boat in armor, with the mask open.

After he recovers, he realizes his identity is going to be blown, if not now, eventually.

So he decides he's going to reveal it himself, and calls a press conference, without telling anyone what it's about.

Before he has a chance to make his announcement, though, he sees a dog about to get hit by a car (or truck, not important... moving vehicle), and jumps off a balcony to rescue it, revealing in the process his armour.

After the rescue, he talks to the press.

Since then, his identity has been public knowledge, both in his own title, and in Avengers.

Personally, however it was done, I feel it was a good move. I'm not an anti-secret identity guy, but there are some secret identities that I have long felt could or should be disposed of, and the Stark/Iron Man secret was one of them.

It always struck me as odd, and was even pointed out in a pre-Mini Marvels Bullpin Bits strip (short three-panel comic strips that ran on the old Soap Box pages before they got dumped, written and illustrated by Chris Giarusso), that the man with the most high profile bodyguard on the planet was almost never seen in the presence of said bodyguard, and that the bodyguard would yet somehow arrive almost everytime Stark was threatened, at the same time as Stark somehow disappeared from the scene, and NOBODY EVER CAUGHT ON!

It's not like Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Peter has some low-level fame in terms of name recognition in the Marvel universe, as the guy who took all those Spidey pics, but he's not a public figure.

Everywhere Stark goes, pretty much, the press is going to be watching. So would his competitors. It was inevitable that someone would catch on to the secret.

And why did it need to be a secret in the first place? Iron Man's foes still knew to attack Stark and Stark's friends, because that's who Iron Man was supposed to protect, so again, it's not the Peter Parker thing of protecting the innocent family and friends.

Nor does the secret allow him to relax into a normal life: if he's not known as Iron Man, he's still known as the scientific genius and billionaire celebrity figure who hangs around with an Avenger, and finances the rest of them.

It allows him to ditch any pretense of not understanding science and other subjects as he frequently did before, in order to cover the secret, as the fictional hireling inside the suit wouldn't be expected to know that stuff.

A few of the characters whose identities are either publicly known, or at the very least no longer secret (as in, maybe not everybody has heard, but anybody who was interested could find out easily).

Archangel
Beast
Bishop (sort of)
Captain America
Cyclops
Daredevil (sort of: has been outed, but continues to publicly deny)
Hulk
Human Torch II
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Mr. Fantastic
Phoenix
Professor X
She-Hulk
The Thing
Yellowjacket
Wasp
White Queen

Presumably several other X-Men's identities can easily be found out, now that the Xavier Institute's connection to the group is publicly known.

Several supervillians' names are public record, as well.

#27 HPZ

HPZ

Disarm You With A Smile

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:51 AM

can gambit charge wolverine's adamantium skeleton????

#28 HPZ

HPZ

Disarm You With A Smile

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:51 AM

can pyro control the human torch???

#29 RJBrian

RJBrian

TM & Fro Joe: Missing In Action!

• Members
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:57 AM

LOL!! That is a good question. I have never thought about that before.

#30 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:08 AM

can gambit charge wolverine's adamantium skeleton????

To the best of my knowledge, yes, sort of: if he grabbed a claw, he could charge it. If he could place his hand on exposed bone, he could charge that piece of metal covering that bone, but he couldn't charge all of the bones at once.

Still, he'd be long dead before he managed to place a charge on any of the bones. wink.gif

#31 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:16 AM

Most likely not:

While at some points Johnny has at least seemed to turn into pure flame, it's generally accepted that he only surrounds himself in it, so direct control of the Torch is out.

Of course, if Pyro could control the flames surrounding Johnny, then sure, he could control the direction he flew, and initiate or cut off any attacks.

However, Johnny's control of the flames is at least equal to, and most likely superior to, Pyro's.

As far as I know, the original android Torch, now retired from active duty, had somewhat less control over the flames than Johnny has shown, though I confess that I haven't read enough stories of the original Torch to be certain. If it were the case, then presumably Pyro could overwhelm that Torch's control.

However, as each of the Torches is able to shut down their flames at will, they could override Pyro's control by simply shutting down.

Pyro's other difficulty would come from the fact that he's been dead for a couple years now, and corpses have a hard time doing much of anything.

#32 1337R8

1337R8

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:40 PM

"can gambit charge wolverine's adamantium skeleton????"

No, see, the real question is "Can Gambit charge the planet?". You know, sit down one day, touch his back yard and just start charging.

I remember this was actually addressed in a letters column sometime in the 90s (you know, back when Marvel cared to reply to and acknowledge fan comments and queries, heh), and I think it was answered that he wouldn't have enough energy to charge up such a large object. But still, this is a far better question than Wolverine's skeleton.

#33 neue zeil

neue zeil

Possum Killer

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:38 PM

Well Eccentrik I guess that's a good reason to reveil he was Iron Man but did he say he was Iron Man from the begining?After all ol shellhead hasn't been a very popular guy with the government.Remember a little story called the Armor wars?Or maybe that he killed a few people leading up to the Crossing(or whatever the story was called that led to Iron Boy)It doesn't make sense considering all the crap he's done and been accused of.

#34 HPZ

HPZ

Disarm You With A Smile

• Members
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:51 PM

can kitty pride allow other people to walk through stuff by holding on to them, and if so could she and nightcrawler work together, making it so he could teleport without worrying about walls

#35 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:10 PM

\"can gambit charge wolverine's adamantium skeleton????\"

No, see, the real question is \"Can Gambit charge the planet?\".  You know, sit down one day, touch his back yard and just start charging.

I remember this was actually addressed in a letters column sometime in the 90s (you know, back when Marvel cared to reply to and acknowledge fan comments and queries, heh), and I think it was answered that he wouldn't have enough energy to charge up such a large object.  But still, this is a far better question than Wolverine's skeleton.

In Gambit's solo comic it was revealed that in at least one parallel universe, he DID blow up the Earth, when his powers went out of control.

For a time there, Gambit was able to charge things without physical contact, but they scaled that back.

#36 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:17 PM

Well Eccentrik I guess that's a good reason to reveil he was Iron Man but did he say he was Iron Man from the begining?After all ol shellhead hasn't been a very popular guy with the government.Remember a little story called the Armor wars?Or maybe that he killed a few people leading up to the Crossing(or whatever the story was called that led to Iron Boy)It doesn't make sense considering all the crap he's done and been accused of.

That's the one major problem he has now, of course: he can't pin Iron Man's screw-ups on anonymous employees who have now been "fired".

Not sure if it's been directly addressed since the unveiling, but if he was asked, he COULD truthfully say that there have been others who've worn it over the years.

Not sure what legal ramifications came about in regards to the murders, but it was eventually revealed first that Kang was mentally controlling the armour. Later still, it was revealed that it was not infact Kang, but instead Immortus, who of course, is Kang. Gotta love time travel. Anyways, due to the events of Heroes Reborn and Heroes Return, all Tony's (original who went insane, teen from another dimension, Franklin Richard's idealized Heroes Reborn) combined into one afterwards. The Avengers absolved him of any guilt in the killings, though he still felt some responsibility, which lead him to institute anti-mindcontrol measures installed in all subsequent armours.

When the issue was last mentioned, Tony had not yet revealed his identity.

The Heroes Return armour also eventually killed, when it became sentient. It was later revealed that Ultron was to blame, and thus the murder is added to Ultron's list of crimes.

#37 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:21 PM

can kitty pride allow other people to walk through stuff by holding on to them, and if so could she and nightcrawler work together, making it so he could teleport without worrying about walls

Yes, Kitty can phase other people if they remain in contact with her.

Nightcrawler generally does not worry about walls much anymore these days: in a recent issue of Uncanny he teleported a great distance into a moving plane that was very likely not in line of sight.

In theory, it's possible that they could combine their powers in the way that you suggest, but it's also quite likely that the shock of teleportation (which always places a physical strain on Kurt's passengers) might cause Kitty to stop phasing at an unfortunate time.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, we do not know if the material that makes up the dimension Kurt 'ports through can be phased through. There have been some substances over the years that Kitty was unable to phase through.

#38 Beach Head

Beach Head

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:27 PM

You guys are gonna make me pull out my old X-Men collection now.

Whataver happened to Psylocke's brother Captain Britain, and how did he take the news of her death.

#39 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:28 PM

You guys are gonna make me pull out my old X-Men collection now.

Whataver happened to Psylocke's brother Captain Britain, and how did he take the news of her death.

Alright, some of the details will be off here, as I'm too lazy too pull my Excalibur miniseries backissues, and I don't have any issues of the regular series, but here goes:

After Excalibur broke up, and he had married Meggan, he went back to being a scientist, as he had once again been depowered.

While helping his friend Dane Whitman, the Black Knight, study the latest changes to his own powers, Captain UK (Captain Britain from another dimension, old friend of Cap cool.gif appeared, pursued by forces from Otherworld.

Meggan called in Psylocke, and then the five of them (Brian, Meggan, Psylocke, Black Knight, Captain UK) went to Otherworld to fight the forces, who were apparently under the command of Roma gone bad.

Most of the Captain Britain equivalents from other dimensions had been killed off.

Brian underwent a challenge, and after winning it, the true history of his father was revealed, and Brian's powers were restored, he was given a new costume, and the sword Excalibur.

Brian and company then defeated Roma, who turned out to actually be Mastermind (artificial being, used to be Brian's father's computer, not in any way related to the X-Men character(s) who used the name).

Brian then restored the Otherworld forces to their true forms: turned out they were the Warpies from the old Cap. B. series, grown up.

Brian then became king of Otherworld, and he and Meggan were going to remain there. Black Knight and Psylocke returned home.

Psylocke then went and got herself killed.

We never saw Brian's reaction to the news, or even how the X-Men managed to get the news to him (Otherworld must have been a really long-distance call. ).

We only saw Brian and Meggan (not even identified as such, you were left to figure it out for yourself) arrive on a small jet to take custody of Psylocke's remains from the X-treme X-Men group. They had no dialogue, and left immediately thereafter.

Since then, we have not seen Cap B at all, in the regular Marvel Universe.

However, Mark Millar has long spoken of intentions to introduce Ultimate Captain Britain in the pages of the Ultimates, and in the most recent issue of Ultimate X-Men, set one of the first pieces in place by introducing Brian.

There are no current plans (that I am aware of) to reintroduce the Marvel Universe version of the character, as the Excalibur miniseries did not do terribly well in sales. However, it's a safe bet that once the Epic imprint starts accepting submissions, that Cap B and Excalibur will recieve their fair share of submissions. Whether any get approved will depend on their quality.

Also, as Marvel seems to be taking an interest in reviving some dormant properties (Silver Surfer and New Mutants getting new ongoings, Straczynski doing a Dr. Strange mini, as well as an ongoing(?) based on Squadron Supreme), it may be that Excalibur or Captain Britain may see a revival through one of Marvel's other imprints*.

* Current Marvel imprints: Marvel, Marvel Knights, Epic, MAX, Ultimate, Tsunami (sort of).

#40 vino

vino

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:32 PM

is apocalypse still alive and if not how did he die,what was his exact powers.

whats up with mr.sinister and what are his exact powers.

a few years ago when i use to read the book i remember a cool character by the name of exodus is hes till around and could you describe his powers.

how did ol'juggy join the x-men and as i remember he isnt a mutant.

and what are bishop's powers.

thanks.

#41 neue zeil

neue zeil

Possum Killer

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:51 PM

, Straczynski doing a Dr. Strange mini

Holy crap!When's this suppossed to happen?

#42 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:04 PM

is apocalypse still alive and if not how did he die,what was his exact powers.

Apocalypse is not alive.

The big millenium storyline, closing off plot-threads left dangling from the 80's in X-Factor, back when it was still the original five X-Men using the name, involved Apocalypse and a prophecy called The Twelve.

Both the X-Men and Apocalypse attempted to gather the Twelve prophecied mutants. The X-Men because they thought the group were supposed to destroy Apocalypse, Apocalypse because he needed them to perform the ceremony which would allow him to transfer into a new, more powerful body.

Apocalypse was a nearly immortal mutant who could control his size and shape, was nearly indestructible, and who changed bodies when he wore out the one he was living in.

He was attempting to transfer his essence into the body of Nate Grey, X-Man, but Cyclops interrupted the process. However, as Cyclops was genetically similar to Grey (Grey was created in another timeline by Sinister, using a combination of genes from that timeline's Cyclops and Jean Grey), Apocalypse was able to use his body instead.

Then, in a confusing series of timeline alterations, the X-Men eventually somehow came to the conclusion that the attempted merge had killed both Cyclops and Apocalypse.

Later, the X-Men began to believe that somehow, Cyclops might have survived. Cable (who had joined the team in the aftermath of Cyclops' apparent death \"killing\" Cable's sworn enemy) and Phoenix went to try and find him, as did several minions of Apocalypse.

Cyclops was alive, with amnesia, and control of his powers, but Apocalypse was slowly taking over his mind, and forcing him towards his ancestral home, in order to complete the transformation.

Eventually, though, Cable and Phoenix caught up with him, and with their help, Scott overpowered the essence of Apocalypse, Jean tore it out of him, and Cable killed it, completing his mission.

Since then, the name Apocalypse has been dropped from use in the books. He's now referred to by his other name, En Sabah Nur, when referred to at all.

whats up with mr.sinister and what are his exact powers.

When last seen as a major player in a storyarc, Sinister corrupted a scheme of the High Evolutionary's, and turned all mutants into normal humans for a time. Eventually, the X-Men decided to fight against it, and with the Evolutionary's assistance, defeated Sinister, who escaped.

Sinister next appeared in a flashback. Dani Moonstar and Wolverine were investigating his apparent death. The thirteenth or so in a row. The Neo, Claremont's big new villians from his return to the books (they've since been eliminated), a group of reclusive mutants, had suffered several deaths as a result of being turned into normal humans for a time. They found out Sinister was responsible, and killed him for it. Then he got better, so they killed him again. And again. And so on.

In his most recent appearance, in an issue of X-Men Unlimited, he tried to tempt Nightcrawler with an offer to bring back Colossus. Nightcrawler refused, on the grounds that it wouldn't really be Colossus, and that it would be sinful, and several other reasons, and destroyed the apparent means that Sinister had for restoring Colossus.

Since then, he has not appeared. There's been word the editors have asked the writers to avoid using him, for at least a while, as they felt he was over-exposed. Morrison apparently had no interest in using him anyway, nor did Claremont. Austen may eventually use him, but there is no plans for him to appear in any of the known upcoming arcs.

As to what his exact powers are, I've never been sure myself, but according to someone else who knows better, he had total molecular control over his body, and was basically immortal and invulnerable.

Someone else believes he can bring the dead back to life, but other than his offer to do so for Colossus, there's no evidence I've seen that he can do so. Given that he's a well established liar and manipulator, and that the story was a back-up in X-Men Unlimited (whose stories are usually ignored), it hardly counts as evidence that he truly can do it.

a few years ago when i use to read the book i remember a cool character by the name of exodus is hes till around and could you describe his powers.

Exodus could basically do anything he wanted to. Telepathy, telekinesis, teleportation, any other tele's you can think of (telephones, television, telegraphs... wink.gif ), as well as energy projection. He also apparently was very long lived, or at least time travelled, as he had a history with the Black Knight that went back a few hundred years.

Last I saw him, he was fighting with Holocaust/Nemesis/whatever they were calling him that week, the son of Apocalypse from Age of Apocalypse, as Asteroid M plunged to Earth. Not sure if he's been shown since then. As I understand it, none of the current creative teams have the slightest interest in the character, who suffers from the Superman problem even more than Superman does: a character who can do anything is terribly hard to make interesting.

how did ol'juggy join the x-men and as i remember he isnt a mutant.

Detailed in the recent Uncanny X-Men story-arc, and now trade paperback, Hope.

For those too lazy to find it for themselves (back issues will be available for it in virtually any decent comic shop, and the trade is recent enough that it should be terrigically easy to find), here's the no-frills, basic summary:

Juggernaut was in trouble. Called the X-Men. X-Men fought Juggernaut. Once the situation was made clear, they worked together. Juggernaut then came back to the mansion. Having nothing better to do, and needing to recover, he decided to stick around.

Later issues had him accompany a rescue team at the request of Northstar, mostly because it annoyed Iceman.

He then asked to become a member of the team. He hasn't yet really gotten an answer, to my knowledge. Xavier's alright with it, but the Uncanny group doesn't seem to really know who's in charge right now, and he'd need approval from whoever is running the show there (Nightcrawler's supposed to be, Archangel's been doing most of the work, and the now returned Havok is the most qualified).

He is still not a mutant. If he does fully join the team, he will not be the first non mutant to do so. Mimic was a member, briefly, and gained his powers through a lab accident, not through the X-Factor gene. Mimic later went on to even be part of one incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Guess they don't do background checks.

and what are bishop's powers.

Bishop absorbs energy attacks, and then can channel the energy into energy attacks of his own. He's been shown to absorb various energy beams, lasers, electricity, thermonuclear energy, and now even telepathic probes.

As he cannot use his energy attacks unless charged from being hit by attacks directed against him, he also carries energy weapons. He can use these by themselves, turn them on himself, and sometimes apparently even channels his powers through them.

thanks.

No problem.

#43 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:10 PM

, Straczynski doing a Dr. Strange mini

Holy crap!When's this suppossed to happen?

Straczynski first dropped hints in Amazing Spider-Man, where he had the good doctor guest star, and say some foreshadowy things, and then had the editorial comment-box say "as detailed in the Dr. Strange miniseries blah blah blah..." when the series had not yet even been approved.

I'd have to go grab my Spidey backissues to check what title they gave it, but it involves, in some way or another, an appointment with death.

It's since been confirmed in at least one article on Newsarama that the series will happen, but it's not yet been solicited, and I'm not sure when it's supposed to happen, or who will be drawing it.

Straczynski's Squadron Supreme based project will be called Supreme Power, be more loosley than directly based on previous incarnations of the property, and be a mature readers title through MAX. It's apparently ongoing, if I recall correctly, though perhaps it's a mini and my memory's a bit off.

How Straczynski will juggle Amazing, SS, and Dr. S at the same time, not to mention his television projects, and lingering commitments with his creator owned Top Cow projects, remains to be seen.

#44 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:17 PM

Did some checking.

Supreme Power is indeed an ongoing, which unless another book shows up before it, would make it only the third MAX ongoing (Alias by Brian Michael Bendis & Michael Gaydos, and The Eternal by Chuck Austen & Kev Walker being the first two).

When last interviewed about the project by Newsarama, back in mid-January, JMS was already handing in the third issue's script.

The book will first be seen in a sample in Wizard Magazine's July issue.

At that time, the book was supposed to begin July 16th, but as it was not included in the July solicitations, it must have been delayed until at least August.

Dr. Strange was at that point a 35-page proposal he'd given to Marvel. No word on when it would happen, or who the artist would be.

Heck, I haven't even managed to track down an artist for Supreme Power yet.

#45 RJBrian

RJBrian

• Members
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:49 PM

Damn eccentrik, you really know your stuff.

I have got one for you, What has Deadpool been up to lately? He has always been one of my favorite characters, and I have been out of the comic book world for while (about 5 years).

#46 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 01:29 AM

Damn eccentrik, you really know your stuff.

I have got one for you, What has Deadpool been up to lately?  He has always been one of my favorite characters, and I have been out of the comic book world for while (about 5 years).

In the final issue of his title, Deadpool was blown up by a suitcase full of plastic explosives. He had written the deactivation code on his hand, but it had been cut off during a fight, so... BOOM.

He is apparently dead.

An amnesiac with healing powers and an odd sense of humour, calling himself Alex Hayden, ran into Deadpool's supporting cast (that is, the supporting cast circa the end of the title, Sandi and Taskmaster), in the book Agent X. Sandi was, for a while at least, convinced that Alex was Wade, and while Taskmaster was less sure, he was not above using the possibility to get people angry at Alex who were angry at Wade.

During Agent X (the book has now been cancelled), any references made to Deadpool always used Wade, not Deadpool, as the name of the character.

The reasons for the disappearance of both the Deadpool character and name are unconfirmed, but widely believed to be connected to Rob Liefeld's involvement in the character's creation. This theory is backed up to an extent by the fact that at the same time Deadpool (book & character) was replaced by Agent X, two other Liefeld-creation based titles underwent similar title changes. X-Force, which at the time no longer had any connection to the original Liefeld/Nicieza group, was relaunched as X-Statix, while Liefeld's signature Marvel creation, Cable, had his title relaunched as Soldier X (also since cancelled), while the character himself is now referred to only by his name, Nathan, not by any codename.

Despite rumours to the contrary, there have been no signs that Liefeld holds ownership of any of the characters, as many of the characters he created or co-created in New Mutants/X-Force have been seen and referred to by codename since the changes to the above mentioned titles.

Deadpool was a favourite of mine, particularly in the Kelly/McGuinness issues. I was one of the few who managed to get some enjoyment out of Priest's run, despite some serious flaws (many of which were the fault of the editor and the artist, not Priest himself). Palmiotti's run I skipped altogether. Tieri's run I read much of, and found bland. The final run was by the team that went on to launch Agent X, and consisted of Gail Simone's writing, with the art of UDON studios.

I'd enjoyed Simone's online column, You'll All Be Sorry (YABS for short), but found her run largely unfunny. UDON's art was a mixed bag. Some aspects I enjoyed, but large parts of it I did not.

I did not read Agent X, with the exception of skimming it on the shelves.

The best issue I read of Agent X was the second to last issue (final issue ships this month, I believe), written by Evan Dorkin.

The only glimmer of hope I can offer to a fellow fan of the character is that Deadpool was one of the many properties that Marvel licensed to Artisan Pictures in a multimedia deal. If a film or television series went ahead, a revival of the character in comics would likely accompany it.

However, the deal was made before the apparent removal of Liefeld names/concepts from the Marvel Universe, and it may be that whatever barriers keep the character out of current comics may also apply to the Artisan deal, and as such prevent any progress on an Artisan project featuring the character.

#47 RJBrian

RJBrian

• Members
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 03:57 AM

Well that sucks!!

#48 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:05 AM

Captain Britain's current costume is one of the new Marvel avatars, for those curious.

The guy in blue, with a sword, next to Kingpin.

The artist here managed to get things a bit wrong: the lion's head is much too large, the stripes on the arms are incorrect, and the comics version has a pattern of flames on his face in the shape of the crosses from the flag.

#49 Joe Fixit

Joe Fixit

The Real Deal

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:36 PM

Anyone know what happened to Conan? He used to have his own book for quite a while but it dropped out sometime ago.

And what about Shang Chi? Is he still around?

#50 Dan Grylls

Dan Grylls

Tri-Klops

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

Anyone know what happened to Conan?  He used to have his own book for quite a while but it dropped out sometime ago.

And what about Shang Chi?  Is he still around?

Conan's sales slipped into oblivion, so Marvel stopped publishing him.

Their rights to the property eventually lapsed.

If I recall correctly, there are plans for another publisher to begin a Conan series, but it will be based upon the novels and ignore any Marvel continuity.

There are also plans for, I believe, Dark Horse, to collect and reprint the old Marvel stories. Dark Horse has done this before, reprinting Marvel's Star Wars comics under the title Star Wars: A Long Time Ago...

Shang Chi very recently had a MAX miniseries by the original creative team, Doug Moench and Paul Gulacy. I think the trade may already be out, but am not certain. Back-issues should be available at any fine comics dealer.

Other appearances in the past few years include Journey Into Mystery, Marvel Knights, and a two-part story in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us