3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Found these today at Target. Maestro turned out quite well, but I'd still like a classic version. X-23 is nice and I like the windswept hair. Moon Knight is actually somewhat decent once you pose him. The guy that poses these for cons and stock photos does a terrible job and really highlights all of the faults the sculpt has. Spider-UK is still on that godawful body, but the pattern on his suit hides the wonky torso proportions to some extent. Iron Man is a good looking sculpt and I can almost guarantee that Hasbro will rerelease it at some point with a resculpted right arm sans blade.

I have to think that these already selling at clearance prices can't be good for long term health.

I think these 50% prices were just the Targets sale to clear stock prior to the new stock hitting shelves. It seems as if some have been fortunate enough to catch this wave at just the right moment while the sale is still occurring. I have two targets near me (which I have been checking) and one had the sale the other did not.

Thank you all for posting this information, as I was able to acquire the entire wave fresh out of the box today. The break down was as such:

1 Marvel Maestro

1 Spiderman UK

1 Moon Knight

1 Lady Deadpool

2 Invincible Iron Man

2 Wolverine

It has been a long time since I acquired a whole wave in the wild...it felt good-even if overpriced.

I have to think that these already selling at clearance prices can't be good for long term health.

I think these 50% prices were just the Targets sale to clear stock prior to the new stock hitting shelves. It seems as if some have been fortunate enough to catch this wave at just the right moment while the sale is still occurring.

Correct. The sale had ended and they were honoring the old signage with a manual override.

I found this wave as well. I came close to getting Moon Knight and Iron Man, but eventually just decided to get Wolverine. The claws were bent and the paint job could have been crisper, but I agree with everyone on the nice head sculpt. The windswept hair looks good. I just wish we had a better selection of characters coming this year... There wasn't much for me in this wave. Maestro looked decent, for those interested...

The reason for the discount i think is irrelevant. That's however many less figures selling at full retail. That hurts the line. It's hard for me to begrudge someone getting a deal, but if you know better, don't be pissed about the poor output and quality.

In this instance the "discount" is relevant. Target will have to absorb the loss, not Hasbro.

Now the actual (ended) sale may indicate trouble for the line, but at least at my store the pegwarmers were all old Marvel Infinite figures.

But that's worse. If the retailer is absorbing a loss, then a retailer is not inclined to continue selling a product. That's sort of my point.

I think there was a whole big thing like this last year, where the 2016 Joes were hitting, but the 2015 Joes were still on clearance prices. And everyone was requesting the sale price for the new figures, even though they knew damn well that's not what was intended to be on sale. And you can claim retailer fault, and you'd be right, but the same people are going to be complaining this year when the selection is even more limited, if one exists at all.

Remember, Hasbro already doesn't want to be investing in the development of the 3.75 lines, anyway. So, if these retailers that barely order the stuff start order less, then we get what we've got. Or we're paying 15 bucks next year for the same repainted figures over and again.

HTS has the new 2 packs up. 15% off with SPRING17 code.

I don't collect MCU but I'm liking that Dr Strange pack. It doesn't appear to come with any extras, which is a shame because it'd be an instant buy for me if it had a couple of magic effects included. I'll most likely cave and buy both sets anyway but think I'll wait and hope for a sale.

Saw the Dr. Strange and Guardian 2-pack at TRU today. I can only warn people that the QC is horrible, Normal strange has major eye issues along with Yondu and the other two figures just don't look great. I went through 3 DS packs and all had bad eyes and I must of went through around 7 GotG packs and all had issues. At $32.99 maple leafs money I wasn't gonna grab them with garbage paint and plus Cap and Falcon are shelf-warming hard so this may be a wait for a price drop set.

Is any one else a bit disappointed with the shocker we are getting in the two pack with spiderman? I was hope'n they would use the new Buck with chest articulation.

A little bit. I wish we'd gotten a proper classic Shocker, but I've really grown to love the Thunderbolts over the last few years and it's nice to keep filling out their ranks.

They have the new wave at my closest Target as well. The paint apps of this wave, though not terrible, could definitely have been better. I passed on Lady Deadpool, the one that I wanted the most, because one of her black eyespots had not been completely filled in. Maestro had a line of white above his mustache on one side of his face. I did pick up an X-23 Wolverine -- awesome figure! -- but passed on buying a second of her because there was a spot of yellow paint on one of the "ears" of her mask.
In person, this wave doesn't excite me anymore than the pics of it did. Even one Bronze age character/costume would have gone a long way towards engaging me as a customer.
I thought that Maestro, like so many of the recent releases, was ruined by going cheap on the paint application. A wash effect on his hair, beard, and armor, would have made him look a whole lot better. Moon Knight didn't include any weapons, as far as I could tell. Did he quit using them in the comics or did Hasbro just botch the figure?

It's pretty clear that Hasbro is content to see what they can get away with as far as the 3.75 line is concerned. They know what they're doing is not acceptable. they also know this line has no appeal to kids (or more accurately, parents), so despite their official denials about not having collector's items, because they only sell toys, it is a collector's line that they don't really care to improve. I know we've gone over all this before, but we continue to lament about how slighted we are as though we don't all know full and well that we're going to get screwed.