Some dirty business at Walmart today

Marconius17

i know im highly disliked on here so my response wont make a difference and i can careless what people think and neither should this person. I have found a couple of posters on here scalping on ebay and i wont mention any names but thats just as worse. Your biggest mistake was posting this, keep your mischievous acts to yourself.

Are you comparing scalping.... to stealing? Serious?

I personally think scalping figures is MORE ethically and/or morally wrong than what this kid did. Way more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot believe people on here are bashing this guy for this. hasbro has already been paid by walmart before the figures were in the store. sure he got them by switching prices which is wrong but after all what walmart as well as other stores do with the ridiculous markups they charge us is just as wrong. if you want to treat this guy like a criminal why not treat the retail stores the same way. they steal from us by charging ridiculously high prices and some people do the same by switching the prices to something more reasonable. just bury this thread already because everyone has done this or something similair in their lives.

wow, do you even know when a shop doesnt makes enough money then it closes? jobs are on the line and i doubt that you can find a job on the next corner right now. any shop buys things from mattel, hasbro, jakks and so on to sell them at a regular price. if they sell them for half of, do you think that they earn much with it?? lets say you have to pay a paycheck of 1000usd. you earn 5 bucks when you sell a figure. you have to sell 200 figures just to cover one paycheck. i doubt that will happen. once i thought like you but since i have my own shop, it isnt that easy at all. dont know how walmart works but they also have to make money or they are out of buisness. as for reasonable prices, mattel is far worse. dcuc was around 15 usd at shops. now that mattel sells them on their own, one would think that it gets cheaper since there is no middle man like walmart but they ask 20usd on mattycollector for one figure. shipping not included. shops arent that bad if you ask me. no heat, just discussing it.

are you seriously worried that Walmart is not making enough money?

no its just that most of the time people call shops ripoffs and such just because the price is a little higher in one then in the other. i just think that isnt really fair. ok some comic shop who ask double or triple for marvel legends variants are idiots. i have a comic shop but i dont ask more for a variant as the regular price. its lame to do something like that. shops have a lot of costs. its not as simple as most think it is. walmart can go out of buisness to. where i live, 3 great and well known shops in germany closed and went bankrupt because the economy went downhill. a lot of people order online now and the shops are missing these people to. its getting hard to survive out there. i can understand that like everyone (me included) wants the best price but sometimes it doesn't hurt to pay a buck more if the shop deserves it. i mean if service and everything is ok, why not :-)

Some people will never understand, thats why they will never understand Business or economics. Its very simple if no profite is made then their is no store. Cause and effect: People steal all the time, prices go up to make up for the lose. People stop buying because of cost, business slows down. People loose jobs. I mean If you dont get it I understand, some never will. I could write all day and theives still will be theives they dont care about any one but themselves. Also the guys who always complain but turn around and still buy the product. I mean whats the point about bytching and crying about the job hasbro is doing when you just sit their and wait for their product to go on clearence then go buy them, and then go complain again?? " what the hell man, we are getting screwd, we never get anything new or good, buuuttt I will still buy them when they go on clearence" and then blam Hasbro for doing a shytty job. Plain and simple No Sales No Toy Line: If you cant afford them Than its probably a good sighn that you shouldnt be in the game at all.

:spidey_read_thread: Your right sir. I love it when someone says they are not going to buy any more less competition for me at the stores. I am a collector and pay whatever the fig cost. That whole switching prices come on now you cant afford it dont buy it. Like MikeC123 says the more this happens the higher the price will go. But I bet if the theive gets robed his crying more then any other guy.

Some people will never understand, thats why they will never understand Business or economics. Its very simple if no profite is made then their is no store. Cause and effect: People steal all the time, prices go up to make up for the lose. People stop buying because of cost, business slows down. People loose jobs. I mean If you dont get it I understand, some never will. I could write all day and theives still will be theives they dont care about any one but themselves. Also the guys who always complain but turn around and still buy the product. I mean whats the point about bytching and crying about the job hasbro is doing when you just sit their and wait for their product to go on clearence then go buy them, and then go complain again?? " what the hell man, we are getting screwd, we never get anything new or good, buuuttt I will still buy them when they go on clearence" and then blam Hasbro for doing a shytty job. Plain and simple No Sales No Toy Line: If you cant afford them Than its probably a good sighn that you shouldnt be in the game at all.

sometimes shops are self to blame to. when i heard some guys talking about captain america and thor toys being clearenced, i was like why?? avengers is coming next year and i bet that they still would sell a year later. it made no sense to me but i guess thats the ignorence of these huge supermarkets.

nah they have storage costs. may sound silly but the longer the item stays on the shelf with out selling the more the store is paying for it to sit there when they can have an other item in its spot selling. they are not to much worried about future gains they want the sells now.

sometimes shops are self to blame to. when i heard some guys talking about captain america and thor toys being clearenced, i was like why?? avengers is coming next year and i bet that they still would sell a year later. it made no sense to me but i guess thats the ignorence of these huge supermarkets.

my closest Walmart put all the Ironman2, Thor, and Captain America figures on clearance for 5 bucks earlier this year. I guess to make room for the Avengers toys.

but then, when the Avengers toys arrived, they took all those old figures and marked the price UP to 8.99, the same price as the Avengers stuff. lol

and I think they have only received 2 cases of Avengers figures. But the pegs are still full of IM,Thor, and Cap movie figures

my closest Walmart put all the Ironman2, Thor, and Captain America figures on clearance for 5 bucks earlier this year. I guess to make room for the Avengers toys.

but then, when the Avengers toys arrived, they took all those old figures and marked the price UP to 8.99, the same price as the Avengers stuff. lol

and I think they have only received 2 cases of Avengers figures. But the pegs are still full of IM,Thor, and Cap movie figures

Same thing happened at all 4 Wal-Marts in my area. I was actually getting another Bucky Cap, Odin and Loki the other day to keep MOC and they were back to full price, so the hell with that.