Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Marvel Legends Avengers: Infinity War rumors

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 mako

mako

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

Ok, got it. Movie figures are bad. Hasbro is wrong to make them. No collector anytime, anywhere, ever liked movie figures. If they did, they were wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up. And by all means, if there's anything else I don't like, PLEASE let me know. I'm flying blind here. :wink:

#27 jonnyshowcase

jonnyshowcase

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Ok, got it. Movie figures are bad. Hasbro is wrong to make them. No collector anytime, anywhere, ever liked movie figures. If they did, they were wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up. And by all means, if there's anything else I don't like, PLEASE let me know. I'm flying blind here. :wink:

And you win the thread my friend

#28 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Oddly enough, MCU figs are ALWAYS the ones left pegging.

#29 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:10 AM

Finally, bout time you start to see things my way! But seriously, all melodrama aside. I know movie figs are necessary. As I said, it was the major reason Hasbro wanted the license in the first place, but too much of what they perceive is a good thing is actually bad for the line. I know you maintain that wherever you live you don't see the lingering of MCU figs, but it seems pretty rampant a lot of other places. It's just that every time I see waves just rotting in the same spot, literally not even being touched, for months on end, I just start to wonder how long the stores will keep ordering the product. I assume they don't care about the particulars, like 8 movie Thor & 10 movie Loki (seriously, that's the count at my nearest WM) are what aren't selling. The consumer knows why they're not selling, the fans know why they aren't selling, but the suits that make all the calls at WM, they just see ML not moving & get a bad picure of the entire line. It's just not good for the future of the wave. I guess that's my biggest problem, aside from the character choice.

#30 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

Finally, bout time you start to see things my way! But seriously, all melodrama aside. I know movie figs are necessary. As I said, it was the major reason Hasbro wanted the license in the first place, but too much of what they perceive is a good thing is actually bad for the line. I know you maintain that wherever you live you don't see the lingering of MCU figs, but it seems pretty rampant a lot of other places. It's just that every time I see waves just rotting in the same spot, literally not even being touched, for months on end, I just start to wonder how long the stores will keep ordering the product. I assume they don't care about the particulars, like 8 movie Thor & 10 movie Loki (seriously, that's the count at my nearest WM) are what aren't selling. The consumer knows why they're not selling, the fans know why they aren't selling, but the suits that make all the calls at WM, they just see ML not moving & get a bad picure of the entire line. It's just not good for the future of the wave. I guess that's my biggest problem, aside from the character choice.

Once again, you've hit multiple nails on heads. Who says we always disagree? Lol

#31 BLP

BLP

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

They should be separate friggin lines.

#32 BLP

BLP

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:19 PM

And the Guardians 2 BAF should have been the Milano cockpit. Okay COULD have been...

#33 BLP

BLP

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

Seriously though, separate lines would bring me back to Marvel Legends. At 30 bucks a fig Im not paying to track down extra baf parts online, or find online buyers and package and ship comic figs. I just wanna buy the toys I wanna buy in the store and go back to my life. But Hasbro doesnt cater to my life. Sorry I keep adding my 2 cents (0 cents after the conversion).

#34 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Separate lines would be awesome. I've actually been a big fan of that suggestion for a while. It would forever prove which figures sell better. Of course, it would be the comic figs, but somehow I just don't think it matters to the shot callers at Hasbro. We already know the best selling waves are the X-Men waves and non-movie Spider-Man waves but somehow that just seems to keep falling on deaf ears.

As far as Rukkdeez & I not getting along. For the most part our disagreements are simple minutiae. At the end of the day we pretty much have the same concerns regarding the health of the line. Our biggest disagreements come when I'm right & he's wrong. Which is always the case. Lol.

#35 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

actually separate lines would be an extremely bad idea. what would happen if they separate the line? that's right. Marvel Legends would be cancelled out right in order to sell movie toys. No more BAFs or comic figures. Stores would only order the movie lines and won't bother with the comic figure as they think they can make money off the movies.

Having the 2 things together is a much safer option for ML. Even if you don't agree with Movies figure in the line, you cannot admit that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have ML at all.  Like most of the people are saying we don't mind having MCU in the line just not taking it over. We just want a more Comic focus selection rather then a MCU collecting. The Black Panther was for example has 3 regulars figure and one BAF from the MCU. Where is the comic version of Black Panther (not the Walmart one)? or Killmonger? The BAF is a MCU too that could have easily been a standard figure. (still pissy about no M'Baku). While I am looking forward to all the comic figures this wave, they are all something we have already and while I like that we are getting the Highly Request Iron Man, shouldn't he have been in the Avengers line instead. None of the comic figure are directly connected to BP.

#36 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

actually separate lines would be an extremely bad idea. what would happen if they separate the line? that's right. Marvel Legends would be cancelled out right in order to sell movie toys. No more BAFs or comic figures. Stores would only order the movie lines and won't bother with the comic figure as they think they can make money off the movies.

Having the 2 things together is a much safer option for ML. Even if you don't agree with Movies figure in the line, you cannot admit that if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have ML at all.  Like most of the people are saying we don't mind having MCU in the line just not taking it over. We just want a more Comic focus selection rather then a MCU collecting. The Black Panther was for example has 3 regulars figure and one BAF from the MCU. Where is the comic version of Black Panther (not the Walmart one)? or Killmonger? The BAF is a MCU too that could have easily been a standard figure. (still pissy about no M'Baku). While I am looking forward to all the comic figures this wave, they are all something we have already and while I like that we are getting the Highly Request Iron Man, shouldn't he have been in the Avengers line instead. None of the comic figure are directly connected to BP.

I agree. If Hasbro were to separate the lines, the "shot callers" would go with what they believe would be the "hot sellers". It's as someone mentioned earlier (I think it was Monron), the leadership in the stores only know brand names and numbers. They don't differentiate between MCU Thor and Thor Odinson. They simply see Marvel Legends aren't selling.

As for the comic figures not being connected to the Black Panther, 2 of the 3 are also kings, but if that was supposed to be the connection, maybe ANAD Iron Man should've been Infamous Iron Man instead? Just a thought.

#37 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

I agree. If Hasbro were to separate the lines, the "shot callers" would go with what they believe would be the "hot sellers". It's as someone mentioned earlier (I think it was Monron), the leadership in the stores only know brand names and numbers. They don't differentiate between MCU Thor and Thor Odinson. They simply see Marvel Legends aren't selling.

As for the comic figures not being connected to the Black Panther, 2 of the 3 are also kings, but if that was supposed to be the connection, maybe ANAD Iron Man should've been Infamous Iron Man instead? Just a thought.

ironically out of that wave IM is the one I'm most looking forward too, after Namor of course.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us