BAF Apocalypse Question

Longshot

So I've been looking to snag a cheap BAF Apocalypse on Ebay lately.

Is it me or does the paint scheme totally not match? I'm not talking about the "black painted variant" but the paint on the standard blue one.

Why is his torso BLACK and SEA GREEN?

Is this on all of them? I think it looks bad. Maybe it's just how they photograph on Ebay?

marvel-legends-baf-apocalypse-complete_330507289140.jpg

Like...look at that. The torso is totally different from the rest of the figure to me and stands out. That looks awful.

Both the "blue" Apocalypse and the "black" Apocalypse both seem to have the sea green & black torso meant for the "black" Apocalypse. Why does the "blue" version have a black & green torso? And why are the "blue" version's gloves and boots green? So ML could more use less paint for the black variant. Ugh. The green works for the "black" variant. But IMO, ruins the blue one, especially with the odd black torso.

review_ml12_9.jpg

I'm gonna track down the black version, the blue is totally hideous to me with that green.

The black torso is not a mistake that is the way Apocalypse is. His torso is black but his arms are blue. Same with the different color on the gloves it's just the way he is in the comics (and in the 6 inch figure). I also could be wrong but I thought I heard that the black wasn't a planned variant but a mistake in the early runs were the black parts never received the blue and silver paint washes.

Aren't the black apoc pieces only in variant figures? I thought it was a planned variant?

The black torso is not a mistake that is the way Apocalypse is. His torso is black but his arms are blue. Same with the different color on the gloves it's just the way he is in the comics (and in the 6 inch figure). I also could be wrong but I thought I heard that the black wasn't a planned variant but a mistake in the early runs were the black parts never received the blue and silver paint washes.

Gonna have to disagree.

The BAF Apocalypse, both the standard and variant, are based off of Apocalypse from X-Men Vs. Street Fight old action figure series.

Here's the standard. NO GREEN TORSO, NO BLACK. Just shades of blue.

2e518b16-f75b-43e9-9188-0821d5c58c0d.jpg

And here's the greenish/black variant the BAF "black" one was based on:

sf_apocalypse_dhalsim1.jpg

So you see...

Wrong colored torso, gloves, and boots on the "standard" BAF. They belong (and are on) the "black" one.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna have to disagree.

The BAF Apocalypse, both the standard and variant, are based off of Apocalypse from X-Men Vs. Street Fight old action figure series.

Here's the standard. NO GREEN TORSO, NO BLACK. Just shades of blue.

2e518b16-f75b-43e9-9188-0821d5c58c0d.jpg

And here's the greenish/black variant the BAF "black" one was based on:

sf_apocalypse_dhalsim1.jpg

So you see...

Wrong colored torso, gloves, and boots on the "standard" BAF. They belong (and are on) the "black" one.

Thanks for that info... I never knew... And I have both apocalypses in MOC, but don't have the heart to open em... :o