Legends Riders - Your Best Guess

monron999

So, in this slow period while we wait for SDCC to come around there's a lot of time for random speculation & I'm bored. Rather than the typical "what to expect" convo, let's focus on a specific area.

Since Logan has been shown as the first reveal for the second "wave" of Riders we're left wondering what the next character and maybe even what vehicle will round out the assortment. I saw Logan coming a mile away, I must say & I'm just as certain a Captain America on his motorcycle is on it's way as well (whether it's a modern version or WWII or a swap of the two), but it won't be in this set. It'll most likely be held as a headliner for the 3rd or later wave.

After much thought and information gathering and trend charting (ie. Random Hope) I've come to the staunch conclusion that a comic version of Winter Soldier on his motorcycle will indeed be the second character in this wave that will be revealed at SDCC. Where as Ghost Rider was the big draw on the first wave, Logan will be on the second wave. Similarly, the way Black Widow was the less coveted yet still very recognizable character badly in need of a comic based update, so will the version of the Winter Soldier be.

Just my best guess & strongest hunch. Anyone else?

I would like a Dan Ketch but after we just got a Ghost Rider, they might hold off on them for a bit.

I would like to see them do the F4 separately and each of them comes with a part of the Fantasticar. once you collect all five of them they can combine into the bigger version.

I would like a Dan Ketch but after we just got a Ghost Rider, they might hold off on them for a bit.

I would like to see them do the F4 separately and each of them comes with a part of the Fantasticar. once you collect all five of them they can combine into the bigger version.

That's a great idea Tarot! I would love to see an Aragorn. Since we've gotten a Black Knight, maybe it could come with a classic Valkyrie. Or maybe a Blade (dressed like the one we DIDN'T get) with a motorcycle.

Guys I really don't think hasbro (or any company for that matter) would put a guy in a wheelchair in a line call "ultimate riders". They have enough problems would sjw on their backs

Lol. So true.

Sad? Yes, but so true.

I think Hasbro kinda painted themselves in a corner with Prof X. They shoulda done him a long time ago when the waves were mixed franchises. At that time he coulda qualified as the "large" figure in any wave. Right now I think they're gonna have a really hard time figuring out where to fit him him. Obviously he will not be a Rider, as Tarot so eliquently put it, and I seriously don't think Hasbro would pull another "Finish-A-Figure" coup after that Vulture fiasco. I doubt the chair could be broken into more than 3 pieces even if they wanted to do it that way. At this point I think the safest bet would have to make him that 7th or 8th figure in a wave that has accessories (or one big accessory) rather than a BAF part. When that will actually happen, if ever, is anyone's guess. I mean, we still haven't gotten a Beast figure & judging by this year's X-Wave, which the creative team deemed the "Strongest Wave Yet" last year before the first character was even revealed, it may be some time before ole Xavier sees another plastic iteration. If that assortment is what passes for strongest I shudder to think what characters make it into a standard line up.

Here's to a depowered Blob making it into the next, soon to be deemed "Greatest X-Wave Evaaah" wave.

I don't know, it seems to make sense to get Prof. X out to put him in a box like that. Maybe as an exclusive like Walmart or Walgreens. They don't have to call it Ultimate Riders that way, Just slap Prof X on the box with an exclusive sticker on it and boom there you go. It will sell. I can't really imagine right now what they can do other then motorcycles and horses right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From a bunch of online sources I think it's safe to say Deadpool and his Vespa is certainly coming really soon, A Cap or Winter Soldier on a motorcycle will happen no doubt in my mind soon as well, Judging from popularity I'd say a Black Panther & Panther Cycle is highly likely , and lets be real they wouldn't more then likely pass on making another thing to sell a spider-man, so give him that Spider-Cycle I am sure everyone at Hasbro is saying, Also more likely a Wal-green's Fantasti-car I imagine could happen, Maybe an Ant-Van since we just got Ant-Man Movied, I however think they will stick with bikes for the most part, but if they move on i'd say Punisher Van. But let's be real all we actually need is JPN Spider-Man & Leopardon

A Punisher Van would make a great HasLab project. A Punisher Figure painted out the wazoo with 3-4 heads  and an finely detailed (look at how Hasbro just did the 3.75 TVC Hovertank for example) and large Van complete with rubber tires, compartments, working storage racks inside the Van to hold the guns and of course, most importantly, the set must include a TON of weapons. To be clear, I mean “real” weapons too and not these yellow rifles and purple pistol monstrosities they keep packing in with the figures. Throw in a Micro figure to ride shotgun with Castle and I would back that set at a $100 ALL DAY LONG.

I saw a video of someone mentioning Lockjaw and Crystal to Dwight at SDCC this year and he seemed to have liked the idea so that might happen.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:29 PM, UsurperSmurf said:

I want a Black Knight and Comic Valkyrie with their winged horses. A Moonboy/girl and Devil Dinosaur (paint a JP T-Rex red or something) and a Crystal and Lockjaw.

Enough with the motorcycles for everyone talk, Hasbro hear's this & all they gotta do is modify & tweak the 3 bikes they've already made & that's it.  Panther doesn't need a bike, Cap doesn't either. At least the comic versions don't , if you're talking about bikes for the MCU versions, then have at it. A comic based battle van for the Punisher is what I'd like to see done. A winged horse for BK is another want.  FF fantiscar, sure.  Personally, I wish Hasbro would start delving into the diorama arena. Make interlocking city street dio sets or an office dio for the Kingpin,  Avengers quinjet that fits 6 figs, 2 in the cockpit, 4 passengers. I'd rather fork over $75+ for stuff like that than another rehashed MU Sentinel & umpteenth Wolverine re-do set. An X-Men danger room dio.

Actually nah and yeah, Cap does need his bike with a place on the front to hold his shield and this time he comes with sculpted upper body and not painted on scale mail and also an unmasked head sculpt but younger looking.

1 hour ago, dave said:

Actually nah and yeah, Cap does need his bike with a place on the front to hold his shield and this time he comes with sculpted upper body and not painted on scale mail and also an unmasked head sculpt but younger looking.

And not suffering from BHS. But Cap w/ bike is probably the only way I'll buy another Cap.

But  Punisher van is definitely needed. Valkyrie on winged horse would be great, Odin with Sleipnir  would definitely sell...Moon Girl with Devil Dinosaur. Or the Fantasti-Car with Valeria & Franklin. Moon Knight's Angel Wing. They''ll probably repurpose Widow's bike as Ketch's cycle...but they need to think outside of the box