Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

• Please log in to reply
4339 replies to this topic

#4326 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

Oh cool. I can usually find some gems at decent prices at this con, as I collect various lines.

Did a Walgreens run today too. No Torch in the area yet. I'm sure soon or all the scalpers scooped 'em up for the convention.

Well they didnt hit TRU. SR has dark phoenix 2-packs, about 3 or 4 floating around, some in wrong places. Picked one up. Really surprised with all the scalpers in the area they didnt send a scout to TRU to get them all. They probably are otw there now as the con is wrapping up.

I hit the con, you might have seen me, tall dude in probably the only yellow start fleet uniform. Saw lots of red/blue I was one yellow one. I nabbed a man-thing BAF for 40 which was nice.
Yeah I hit that booth up about 3 different times lol. Saw the bafs they had out but passed. Bought a loose Blade (minus the baf part) and a couple of wrestling figs I've been after.

Kinda dissapointed at the Marvel showing in general this year. Mostly Thor wave and Netflix. Was hoping to see some exclusives (not super marked up) and some older waves, but no such luck. Seeing Torch and Black Panther was cool but everyone had em marked up too high.

Too many people lol, I can't say if I saw you or not! I was wearing a black ballcap and backpack.

#4327 decon

decon

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

Human Torch is available at walgreens.com.

Price dropped to $16.99 today.  Sue Storm also available online for $16.99.

#4328 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Ok so I've been here a long while just always dealt with the 3.75 since it was universe.
As of last night I decided to take the plunge into marvel legends 6". 8 bought the juggernaut X-Men wave from bbts,and the marvel knights wave minus bullseye off hts
So I want to start getting the movie figures and X-Men, figure I might branch off more into comics type as I get farther along.
Question want to start building the avengers from aou, and civil war. Where is a good place to start?

#4329 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

Ok so I've been here a long while just always dealt with the 3.75 since it was universe.
As of last night I decided to take the plunge into marvel legends 6". 8 bought the juggernaut X-Men wave from bbts,and the marvel knights wave minus bullseye off hts
So I want to start getting the movie figures and X-Men, figure I might branch off more into comics type as I get farther along.
Question want to start building the avengers from aou, and civil war. Where is a good place to start?

Hey I remember you. You were a big contributer on the MU board. Welcome to the Legends 6 world.

To answer your question, Legends waves kind of have a mixture of both movie and comic characters, so you may have to just do some investigating to round out the collection. I'm primarily a comic version collector but Hasbro's new actor face scan tech is legit.

#4330 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

Kilionnorcal thanks man
I got my brother deception Mark to blame for this lol

#4331 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

Kilionnorcal thanks man

You won't regret getting into the line, best all around line at the price point on the market today imo.

#4332 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

I ordered yesterday and they sent me email that they shipped it. I called customer service and was issued a refund for the difference. Gotta love a sale where you can actually get the item and it not be "unavailable" or "out of stock" (Human Torch is now out of stock online by the way).

#4333 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

Kilionnorcal thanks man

You won't regret getting into the line, best all around line at the price point on the market today imo.

I agree 100%, but you wouldn't know it by all the incessant complaining by collectors that goes on.

#4334 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

I have noticed lots of complaints

#4335 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Kilionnorcal thanks man

I agree 100%, but you wouldn't know it by all the incessant complaining by collectors that goes on.
Not a Hasbro shill but For $20 we get a lot. People expect $50+ quality in these figures.

#4336 Mangar

Mangar

Andorian

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Kilionnorcal thanks man

Not a Hasbro shill but For $20 we get a lot. People expect $50+ quality in these figures.

Yeah. I started out collecting MU but moved to ML and eventually sold all my MU stuff. The original MU figures looked great in package, but once I opened them it made me sad that so many of them looked like they had polio with wonky legs and knee joints. Occasionally you get some bad paint ops with ML just like any line, but the figures themselves are quality items and the BAFs are addicting!

And in actual "Sightings & Hauls" news, I found a few more Human Torches at another NYC-UWS Duane Reade, so if any locals missed the online sale check your friendly neighborhood DRs this week.

#4337 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,898 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:43 AM

Kapowtoys.co.uk had just sent me out a delivery notice for the Defenders set. looks like the Amazon exclusive with be available for purchase soon.

#4338 greenlucario

greenlucario

Mouser

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Thanks!! For anyone that's wondering it's still up/back up at the same $16.99.

#4339 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,898 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Kapowtoys.co.uk had just sent me out a delivery notice for the Defenders set. looks like the Amazon exclusive with be available for purchase soon.

they also sent one out for Walgreens medusa

#4340 monron999

monron999

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

Kilionnorcal thanks man

I wouldn't exactly call it incessant complaining, but this is a place where we can express our opinions & can feel like it has a fairly good chance of being heard.I think the reason it seems that there's so much complaining is because most complaints are a pretty divisive subject between people of opposing opinions & they almost always spark a dialogue.

I will say I'm probably one of the bigger "complainers" here but I also am a huge proponent for Hasbro and what they've done with the line, especially since the Infinite remodel started, but there are sometimes things that happen that I feel the need to vent over. Such was the case with the Vulture Wings BA(wt)F and, more recently, the waste of a roster spot in the once a year X-wave & much touted "best X-wave ever" with a retread non-mutant character like Gladiator who woulda been more suited for an Infinity War wave. Yet, I would say my favorable comments versus unfavorable are about 4 to 1.

If you really look think about it, someone could praise Hasbro & ML all day & get little to no response, but negative expression usually gets debate going. That's just the way of the world. I personally enjoy pointing out issues, if only to at least get opposing opinions & ideas. Some of the best advancements often result from strong opposition.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us