Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

SDCC 2017

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

So pics of the 6" exclusive set have popped up. It's a Thor themed box set with Jane-Thor, Malekith, Bor, Odinson, and Ulik. No clue what our exclusive will be (if we even get one) but I'm jealous of that Malekith. Hopefully we can get one soon.

Any guesses on what our exclusive could be? Probably won't be a Thor set because they usually do different themes for each scale, but this would be a great time for us to get that Executioner. I don't think that would go over very well with most collectors though.

#2 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

Best guess a bunch of repacks of figures we got many times before (if anything at all, they are ok with ignoring our scale.)

But would love that Executioner we were shown and Denied ages ago and even a Malekith, we got Dark elves but never him.

A Thor versus Foom would be awesome too.

#3 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

Maybe a WWH set to tie into Thor but still be something else- finish off the Warbound.

Just kidding...looking forward to static figures and repacks.

#4 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

A warriors 3 box set would be a dream come true for me. But like stitch said they don't usually do the same themes. I know last years set raised some issues with it only having one fully articulated figure but I loved it. How it was presented was awesome.

#5 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

I think we might not get anything.

My dream would be they give us a Netflix Defenders boxed set.

I think a Squirrel Girl vs. Thanos boxed set would be amazing. They would reuse Thanos again (but maybe do him in that more 70s blue/orange color scheme) and do a Squirrel Girl and package her with a half-dozen static posed attack squirrels.

#6 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

I hate to say it, but I am also pretty pessimistic this year.  I'm not expecting anything, and if we do get something, it will probably be cheap repaints/repacks.  I love dragonkings idea, though.  It would be awesome if they finally released that Foom.

I'm happy we got last year's pack, though.  That Collector was probably my favorite figure from last year, and it was great getting Lockjaw and Moon Boy too.

#7 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'll still haven't gotten over how over-priced I thought that set was... I get that the package was cool, but I just can't stand the idea that I'm paying for cardboard instead of more/better figures.

#8 tellytubbygen

tellytubbygen

Mouser

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

I expect a set of limited articulation titanium figures that will cost 40 dollars a figure. 

#9 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

@tellytubbygen

Finally, someone with realistic expectations of the line!

In all honesty and coming from a die hard MU 3.75 enthusiast AND completionist...I just kind of forget the line exists and keep my hopes at such a LOW level, that I find it easier to be "excited" (I'm using word loosely) about any new news that way. For me, I find that to be the most pragmatic approach and that way when they do announce a wave, I'm like "oh yeah, they brought the line out of retirement for one more wave, cool, I'll have to get that wave"

It's probably a little more easier for me to forget about the line since I'm also a die hard 6in collector and there's SO much 6in legends to keep track of and collect these days...it keeps my brain preoccupied very well with marvel collecting. I also collect the Mezco 1:12 figures which imo, are the best damn marvel action figures on the market period.

When "new" stuff comes out, I'll buy it 100% like I always do but I just really don't even "think" about the line anymore. Same thing with the Joes...I just forget they exist until the new FSS wave goes live for preorder. Now with the return of the SW Vintage Collection coming in early next year...now THAT is something I am literally counting down the days to release on! At least Hasbro will be returning some true love to ONE of their SA 3.75 lines...

#10 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

I'd like to see them finish the gaurdians movie figs in one box set

#11 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

I'd like to see them finish the gaurdians movie figs in one box set

I think they'd likely hold that one back for next year to go with Infinity War. SDCC sets typically aren't something that they could do at normal retail outlets.

#12 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

The 6" legends have there sdcc exclusive box set high res pics out! They look awesome! Malekith looks bit bulky tho, could be the angle. Would we have any news about are scale by now?

#13 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Malekith is on their new standard male body which is really bulky in the torso and thighs so it looks especially odd on a character like Malekith that is normally portrayed as lanky. 

#14 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

So with a recent official Hasbro release of images of the 6" inch Legends box set and the 12" inch Daredevil images released, with no mention (or leaked images) of a 3 and 3/4 inch exclusive, are we fairly certain that our chosen "bastard line" will be shunned completely this year at SDCC?
Also, not to be bitter, but does anyone find it odd that the 6" legends line gets 5 figures at a $99.99 price tag.....$20 each -the same as at retail. If I were a 6 inch collector I would feel quite pleased with this price tag for an exclusive set. Congratulations to them I suppose.

#15 DocDoomII

DocDoomII

Mouser

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

So with a recent official Hasbro release of images of the 6" inch Legends box set and the 12" inch Daredevil images released, with no mention (or leaked images) of a 3 and 3/4 inch exclusive, are we fairly certain that our chosen "bastard line" will be shunned completely this year at SDCC?
Also, not to be bitter, but does anyone find it odd that the 6" legends line gets 5 figures at a $99.99 price tag.....$20 each -the same as at retail. If I were a 6 inch collector I would feel quite pleased with this price tag for an exclusive set. Congratulations to them I suppose.

Read my mind about us having a SDCC exclusive.

#16 wedge1968

wedge1968

Borg

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

There will definitely be an expensive exclusive this year because with all of the money I am spending on other stuff, the cosmos will not let me get away with not dropping a lot of money.

#17 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:37 PM

There will definitely be an expensive exclusive this year because with all of the money I am spending on other stuff, the cosmos will not let me get away with not dropping a lot of money.

A part of me hopes you're right because I could use a break from F5 day this year. Didn't they announce the Collector's Vault a few days or weeks later than the 6" exclusive last year? Then again, we had pics of it from Chinabay at this point last year didn't we?

#18 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

I wouldn't be suprised of we don't see one. Then agian
I say it's maybe a 70 30 chance right now

#19 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:24 PM

70% chance of no SDCC release, right?

I think there is a 90% chance of no SDCC exclusive, a 33% chance of an announced ending or hiatus of the 3.75" line, and 33% chance of no further announcements and leaving the line in limbo, and a 33% chance that more 3.75" figures will be announced.

#20 tellytubbygen

tellytubbygen

Mouser

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

No 3.75" figures in Marvel, Star Wars or GI Joes. This must be a first or am I missing something?

#21 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

There has been no 3 3/4 for Star Wars for a few years now. Nothing last year or in 2015 or 2014. Only 6inch.  Let's be honest though, the past two years for Marvel 3 3/4 were nothing to rave about. Last year we received one figure and then a bunch of plastic and some foam. The year before was creatively aimed at multiple scales but basically gave us giant man and hank pym in a lab coat. Nothing we were truly dying for, but decent. I'm not really surprised there is nothing this year. Then again, they could always surprise us at the convention. It's not the first time they've done that with exclusives.

#22 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that we haven't heard anything.  It will be good to save the money, but I do wish that we had gotten a (worthwhile) exclusive.  I now wonder if Hasbro didn't show anything at NYCC because they had already decided to cancel the line.

#23 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:12 PM

I feel safe in guessing that there is no exclusive for us, nor will there be any major announcements. Hopefully we can still get that last wave.

#24 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

According to the front page, we're FINALLY getting Skurge in a 2 pack with Enchantress. Hallelujah.

#25 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

I guess my SDCC hope is rising - for news, that is.  Still guessing "nope" on an exclusive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us