Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Thoughts On Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. *SPOILERS*

Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. AgentCoulsonLives

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

Loved it. Thought they did a great job of tieing it in to the cinematic universe and it will be interesting to see how much they tie it in to upcoming movies as the series goes on. Like for instance will we see clues dropped for Avengers 2 in this series that have an actual impact on the movie?

I also wonder if this series can bridge the gap with Marvel movies done by other studios. For instance I know a character like Spider-Man can't appear in a non Sony movies or X-Men in a non Fox movie, but do those same licensing restrictions apply to TV????

Now for some SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like from the clues dropped in tonites episode that Agent Coulson is going to end up being a LMD which is a twist I would think will def have repercussions on the Movie-verse.

#2 Dodge76

Dodge76

Romulan

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

Whats a LMD?

I just saw the episode while ago and thought it was pretty good. I was pretty skepital about this new show but after seeing it, it looks promising.

#3 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

LMD stands for Life Model Decoy which is essentially a robot or android. Nick Fury has been known to use them as stand-ins  in the comics sometimes kinda like Dr. Doom sometimes uses Doombots. Tony Stark actually made a reference to LMD's in the Avengers movie when Coulson was trying to contact Tony on his cell phone in the begining of the movie.

The reference made in the S.H.I.E.L.D. series about Coulson not knowing the truth in regards to his death would lead us to believe that he wasn't actually healing while in taheti but was having a new LMD model activated. Now if this is the case and this Coulson turns out to be a LMD, the question is, was Coulson always a robot or was the real Coulson in fact killed in the Avengers movie and this one was brought online afterwards and given the real Coulsons memories?

It also makes me wonder if Coulson is an artifical being, will this somehow end up leading into Avengers 2 and be connected with Ultron?

#4 WindWhisperBomb

WindWhisperBomb

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

I'm enjoying the show so far. I'm not completely sold on the non Coulson characters just yet. I can't wait to see what kind of suprises they come up with for sweeps.

#5 Diabolical

Diabolical

Horde Trooper

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

I would hae thought there would be more discussion about this but just the same.

It's taken me a long time to get into this show but I'e stuck with it and it's had a few good episodes. It's a shame turn turn turn had the lowest ratings so far because I felt like it was one of the best episodes so far.

#6 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:36 PM

I have this show downloaded so now I need to watch it :) super ready for this one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us