Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Is anyone else disappointed with MUA 2 roster???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 belmont13

belmont13

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 came out yesterday and I was eyeing the strategy guide only to find the character section lacking. Save a few characters they pretty much repeated the one from the first game. Now that doesn't sound so bad but they eliminated some of the first game characters only for them to appear as NPCs. The game features the story from civil war which is good but you can't play with some of the people that played a role in it. for example:

-Cable,Black Widow, Hercules, Moonstone, Cloak and Dagger, She-Hulk are all NPCs.

There are many others but these are the ones that I was looking forward to play with. Also Namor was present in the last battle of civil war(great moment by the way) and I was hoping he be playable and I think he's not even in the game, the same with Punisher. Now don't get me wrong Penance, Songbird, Green Goblin and Iron Fist are good additions but why stop there when the possibilities are endless I mean the first one had a great cast of Heroes and villain and this one kind of pales in comparison. Any thoughts???

#2 SP1D3RxV3N0M

SP1D3RxV3N0M

Romulan

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

They took characters that weren't even in the Civil war and created a role for them to appear in this game.

#3 Ant

Ant

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

Im hoping we get loads more characters as DLC. With MUA 1 we only got the 8 characters, im hoping this time around we get much more!

#4 EldestSon

EldestSon

Borg

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:38 PM

Yes. And what's up with all the characters that are in the game that you can't play???

I'm also disappointed in in the story (it's just not great and not epic in comparison to MUA1), lack of powers (MUA1 characters had 6-8 powers), and the shortness of the game. I know you have to play both sides, but even then it won't feel as long as MUA1.

Oh, and only one extra costume per character??? Really??? I've unlocked Jean's, Logan's, and Juggys and they all suck. Oh and the variant costumes dont give you anything different.

#5 belmont13

belmont13

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (EldestSon @ Sep 24 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. And what's up with all the characters that are in the game that you can't play???

I'm also disappointed in in the story (it's just not great and not epic in comparison to MUA1), lack of powers (MUA1 characters had 6-8 powers), and the shortness of the game. I know you have to play both sides, but even then it won't feel as long as MUA1.

Oh, and only one extra costume per character??? Really??? I've unlocked Jean's, Logan's, and Juggys and they all suck. Oh and the variant costumes dont give you anything different.

I agree the one costume unlock for character really hurts the game, at least in the first you got 4 and some of them were alternate identities like War Machine.

#6 spardyman

spardyman

Andorian

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (belmont13 @ Sep 25 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (EldestSon @ Sep 24 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree the one costume unlock for character really hurts the game, at least in the first you got 4 and some of them were alternate identities like War Machine.

feel lucky, wii owners don't even get extra costumes. no juggernaut,and the wii version is based on the psp,ps2 version,which is even shorter.how the heck can the original x-men legends game which came out 5 years ago be better than this travestry. somebody dropped the ball.

#7 TomXsXeX

TomXsXeX

Mouser

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

Im just happy I can get my boy Sentry for the DS.

#8 belmont13

belmont13

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (TomXsXeX @ Oct 7 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im just happy I can get my boy Sentry for the DS.

Have you played it??? Is he cool to play with??? I usually get the 360 version but if the DS one is good I'll get that one too.

#9 boxintypex

boxintypex

Mouser

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

they kinda lowered the roster

#10 thedevilsdue06

thedevilsdue06

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

though im pretty sure Elektra had no part in civil war, she was my favorite character to play with in mua1. i missed her in this game. The biggest problem i have with it was comparing it to mua1. There are no real consequences in the game for not completing a certain task. the costume selection is dismal to say the least. also, im a cheater, and could find no cheats!

#11 jiggychoo

jiggychoo

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

Never I love them !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us