A-force boxset / dark pheonix 2 pk

cable_and_hope

Any idea when either will drop ( at the very least on ebay from overseas) as I am dying to get those . The A-force set is the thing I have been most excited about ever in my 5-6 years of collecting Marvel legends/ Dc universe / Dc direct/ Icons figures hands down. I mean elsa Bloodstone , a new she hulk and Sif , not to mention singularity ? Just the perfect set IMO . Just hoping someone had any idea . I was hoping they would start popping up on the Bay soon .

Yep got my 2pk dark pheonix just waiting for it to arrive as they have shown up in bigger cities and I won one on ebay . Man that a-force set is so sweet. I see you can pre order the SDCC Thor set now too on ebay.

Do NOT put too much stock on that! All that is are scalpers positioning themselves. Most will be at Preview night and will clock as many sets as they can.

Yep got my 2pk dark pheonix just waiting for it to arrive as they have shown up in bigger cities and I won one on ebay . Man that a-force set is so sweet. I see you can pre order the SDCC Thor set now too on ebay.

Do NOT put too much stock on that! All that is are scalpers positioning themselves. Most will be at Preview night and will clock as many sets as they can.

Oh I know . I actually never preorder figures unless they have to be and will be super rare. With Legends I either get them in stores or buy them in full sets once they are out on ebay or bigbad.

I just need the She-Hulk....

Same here, I look for her to be crazy overpriced on Ebay.

And if she is, if it's anywhere close to the price of the entire set, you may as well go for it.

I pretty much will depending on the price of the set. I may have to skip her if I have too.

FYI, only because I didn't see this mentioned, the TRU Phoenix/Cyclops 2pack is street dated for 8/1 in TRUs computer system. Of course, that doesn't mean that we couldn't find it sooner as ALL it takes is for a stock clerk to put them on the shelf early and then they're fair game.

Case in point, the TRU GOTG 3.75 pack is street dated for 7/1 and I found that in my local TRU around 6/15. The register prompted the street date and the cashier told me I couldn't buy it. She was just doing her job but as former retail store manager (of TRU as well) I kindly told her that while I understand that rule, since it's on the shelf...you technically have to sell it to me lol. Long story short, she brought over the manager and I walked out of the store with the set easy peasy.

Regarding the A-Force Set, I have never read the books and don't even care about some of the characters in that set per say but since it's essentially a 6fig set comprising all new characters that we have never gotten before, I'm beyond stoked about that set-probably the best ML set ever done imo (of course I'm drooling over the Thor Set too) but unlike the Thor set (and most sdcc sets these days), I don't see any figs from that A-Force set being re-released single card, at least not for a long while. Regardless, that A-Force set has my money on day 1!

FYI, only because I didn't see this mentioned, the TRU Phoenix/Cyclops 2pack is street dated for 8/1 in TRUs computer system. Of course, that doesn't mean that we couldn't find it sooner as ALL it takes is for a stock clerk to put them on the shelf early and then they're fair game.

Case in point, the TRU GOTG 3.75 pack is street dated for 7/1 and I found that in my local TRU around 6/15. The register prompted the street date and the cashier told me I couldn't buy it. She was just doing her job but as former retail store manager (of TRU as well) I kindly told her that while I understand that rule, since it's on the shelf...you technically have to sell it to me lol. Long story short, she brought over the manager and I walked out of the store with the set easy peasy.

Regarding the A-Force Set, I have never read the books and don't even care about some of the characters in that set per say but since it's essentially a 6fig set comprising all new characters that we have never gotten before, I'm beyond stoked about that set-probably the best ML set ever done imo (of course I'm drooling over the Thor Set too) but unlike the Thor set (and most sdcc sets these days), I don't see any figs from that A-Force set being re-released single card, at least not for a long while. Regardless, that A-Force set has my money on day 1!

A-force set is weird for me. While I don't particularly care for any of the characters except maybe She-Hulk, they're all so well done I feel compelled to at least give it a second look.

@KiloinNorcal

Exactly lol. I can't remember the last time I was excited about getting a set/wave of characters, that I almost don't even care about getting. The execution of this set is just so original as well as superb and that is more than enough to rank this set with an extremely high mark. I mean 6 new characters with 5 of them making their ML debut? How can this set simply just not be appreciated!

I watched a review of the Aforce She Hulk and Sif. The rest I don't know and don't care for. They look good but passes for me. She Hulk looks ok. They could have done a better job on her. Sif looks cool but when these hit Ebay then I have to see what they are selling for to make up my mind. She Hulk maybe a pass if she is above a certain amount. Collecting Marvel Legends is not a cheap hobby so I have to pick and choose. We still have Marvel Knights coming and I want that Blade and Elektra as well as the Thor wave which I want some figures out of that as well. They are supposed to be hitting about the same time in August I believe. Its all wait and see for me plus expenses that rise up. Plus my area has peg warmers like crazy so I may have to depend on Ebay and Amazon.

I know exactly how Cobra feels. Back when EE offered that GOTG boxed set I knew I had to get it, the figures were great with Gamora being a special stand-out. This of course flew in the face of the fact I hated the movie and never read the comics.

As for this set, I'm all kinds of excited. I love the She-Hulk, I'm one of those collectors who's been screaming for a Sif figure, and in my own little fan-boy mind, I look at Else Bloodstone and all I can think is . . . "SWEET!!! Marvel has there own Buffy now!" That's three deal makers right there.

You didn't like the Guardians of the Galaxy movie ? What are you a robot , do you not feel ? :wink: Both GotG movies are just fantastic IMO.

I rarely ever get my figures thru online ordering as I usually just wait for good ebay stores like kokomo and the like to have them in stock and then order but when on the 20th would these sets become available ? Basically I am asking whether I will just need to refresh my toys r us page every 5 minutes or do most new items get loaded at midight , noon , 4 pm ect ? Or is it just keep checking and hope you are lucky to get one ?

I rarely ever get my figures thru online ordering as I usually just wait for good ebay stores like kokomo and the like to have them in stock and then order but when on the 20th would these sets become available ? Basically I am asking whether I will just need to refresh my toys r us page every 5 minutes or do most new items get loaded at midight , noon , 4 pm ect ? Or is it just keep checking and hope you are lucky to get one ?

I don't stalk the TRU website often, but I think I've seen items go up between 7:00 AM & 7:30 AM EST. No clue if that will hold true for the SDCC stuff this Thursday though. For example HTS usually tends to put up new listings between 11:00 PM & 12:00 AM EST, but they do their SDCC release at random times every year.

Good luck!

Its now 7:05am CST on my end, and as of the top of every hour (and several points in between) since 3:00am CST the A-Force entry on TRU's SDCC page is still listed as "Coming Soon."

It's alright.... I'm a patient man...

MOUTHA $%?@!!!

I can't imagine it would be before comic-con begins, maybe an hour or two after the start or even after it ends today