A-force boxset / dark pheonix 2 pk

cable_and_hope

I got an e-mail from Toys R Us that my order was cancelled, too.

I know I ordered my set within 10 minutes of it being available on the website, and had no problem with the order. And now I've got to hope I can find it in a store or catch in back in stock online when I guarantee there were guys shipping suitcases filled with of 10 of them out of San Diego this weekend.

Jeez, I guess somebody at TRU really screwed the pooch on this one (ask me if I'm surprised).

Fortunately, I got my shipping confirmation, with a Thursday due-date. Not celebrating until it's right here in front of me though. I've lived to many TRU.com horror stories.

Same here. My current status is at Shipping Label Created. I'm worried though because I read from someone at the Fwoosh forums say they got a shipping notice with fedex only to have it canceled later on.

Did anybody here receive a shipping confirmation with tracking only to have the order canceled?

Gosh, I kind of assumed when I ordered the A-Force set they would, you know. . . send it to me.

Yeah, I know I chose the free shipping, but even FREE shipping has to be mailed. . . eventually. Seriously, ,my order has had the same "Item(s) located in stock" notation since I made the order, three days ago!

Super! You located my item(s) in stock. How about locating them in MY MAILBOX.

Okay, I'm all vented now.

As of this morning, I'm still dealing with the same situation.

Ya, that's why I never opt for premium shipping. You never know when it's shipping out anyway. I've learned the hard way from years & years of ordering & shipping through my own business.

On the brighter side for me, I just tracked & got confirmation that min was picked up for delivery. Sux that they had to cancel some orders. Are they at least doing rain checks?

Really hate TRU website and online ordering system. I ordered this on the site around maybe 11am the day it was live. Later got an email about how there was a delay with my order, but it's NOT a cancellation. Then at 2 in the morning I got an order confirmation email, 2 days after the order. In that email, there was a link to check the status of my order, but clicking the link took me to a page that said the order is not valid. But all the while my bank account was charged for this $130 order. Then Tuesday I got an email that it shipped, and was received at a FedEx smart post in Groveport OH. But the charge was no longer in my bank account and I had the money back. Then tracking my order thru FedEx today, it says it's somewhere in PA, due to arrive to me by Friday. But this morning the charge went through again in my bank account.

All sorts of nonsense and tomfoolery. But sorry to hear about the canceled orders, I'd be tons frustrated by that cause I really am looking forward to this set.

Really hate TRU website and online ordering system. I ordered this on the site around maybe 11am the day it was live. Later got an email about how there was a delay with my order, but it's NOT a cancellation. Then at 2 in the morning I got an order confirmation email, 2 days after the order. In that email, there was a link to check the status of my order, but clicking the link took me to a page that said the order is not valid. But all the while my bank account was charged for this $130 order. Then Tuesday I got an email that it shipped, and was received at a FedEx smart post in Groveport OH. But the charge was no longer in my bank account and I had the money back. Then tracking my order thru FedEx today, it says it's somewhere in PA, due to arrive to me by Friday. But this morning the charge went through again in my bank account.

All sorts of nonsense and tomfoolery. But sorry to hear about the canceled orders, I'd be tons frustrated by that cause I really am looking forward to this set.

Really around 11, I ordered mine at 10:08 and they cancelled my order. Glad you got yours, though. By the way everyone I filed a complaint against TRU with the FTC. I know nothing with prolly happen with it but it makes me feel a little better.

So, its not going to be in stores then? God, they should have given more information about this when it was announced it didn't say SDCC. I have been so insane at work that I wasn't able to order it directly as it when on sale. I am truly depressed I missed this.

So, its not going to be in stores then? God, they should have given more information about this when it was announced it didn't say SDCC. I have been so insane at work that I wasn't able to order it directly as it when on sale. I am truly depressed I missed this.

no it's going to be in store. they just didn't have enough order. there will be another shipment.

Jonnyshowcase I want to say it was between 11 and 11:30, and I was surprised it was still order able, honestly. I was also still slightly drunk from the night before so I was anxious that I was filling out the order incorrectly, lol. So I was trying to sober myself up to be sure I get the set. Hope to get it tomorrow, but might be Friday. Currently in Edison NJ!

Wow, let's all give DSmith a nod for the moment of insightful honesty. We're like our own little support group here. Lol.

Well, I finally got ahold of someone in customer service who wasn't a douche. Basically what she said was they were initially given a finite amount of reserves for online orders for guaranteed online stock for the product. Under the circumstance that they sold out in a short order and the demand was strong enough they were then given a certain amount of vouchers so they could literally buy more product and sell to the public. So those people who were saying the site listed them as "sold out" for a period of time then went back up for sale a few minutes later were possibly caught in that short period of time when they were actually sold out for a while. Its most likely that the people who purchased after that actually bought the voucher & fell into the group that was affected. When the dust had settled, somehow the quantity needed for the vouchers & the quantity calculated for actual guaranteed in store shelf stock got combined so they literally had to back out the amount needed in store from the total combined amount. When they did this they configured it by regions & backed out a certain percentage from each region. Soooo, even though you might not have been one of the latest orders overall you might have been one of the later orders in a certain region that had a high concentration of orders. So as you know 20 percent of 2000 orders in one region is a hell of a lot more than 20 percent of 100 orders in another region. An over simplification, but the general idea is there. How those regions were determined was beyond their pay scale but they did offer just a bit more light than "good luck finding them at the store". She did say it would be possible that they may go back up for sale online again but could give no specifics, so the standard "good luck" was still tagged on at the end of the conversation.

I did receive my order yesterday as well, using the cheap shipping at that. I completed my order from putting it into my cart & providing all my new account information literally 3 minutes after the sale posted so I'm thinking I got into the early guaranteed order group.

Lmao! Thanks Monron! And great info from your customer service rep! So maybe when I got my "this is NOT a cancellation email", I was part of the group on hold for the voucher product. So bizarre.

Good that there's obvious demand for this set, hopefully to break the stigma that no one wants female figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet on the Dark Phoenix 2 pack. I'd been haunting ebay for awhile, hoping that TRU would restock online before it came to this while of course visiting the local TRU at least once a week for the last month. Needless to say scalpers are just terrible, the wallet will be feeling this one.

That is exactly why I rarely buy current figures off Ebay. For those, I'd pay retail + (reasonable) shipping PERIOD. I'm perfectly willing to go higher for figures that have been out of circulation for a bit or possibly exclusives. . . but I refuse to feed into scalpers. Why would I pay some rediculous mark up to one of these douche-bag, ball-washers when 9 times out of 10 these guys are the very reason I can't find the figure their trying to sell me in the first place.

Take the Jessica Jones figure. I want it so bad it hurts. But will I pay 30-40 bucks for it? H--L NO!

If distribution of a figure is so bad I can only get it by scalper, then it dosen't exist for me. End of story.

It really is a major problem. If it hadn't been an exclusive I wouldn't have even entertained the thought. But there's only one TRU in reasonable driving distance from my home, and they have been swimming with the Iron Man Drone 2 pack for the last month now, and have only managed to get one case of MJ/Spidey 2 pack, so I figure I'll recoup some of the cost in saved gas and wear and tear on my car.

Like I said, I can be a little more lenient toward exclusives, I just hate feeding the scalpers.

Of course, it doesn't help that this is one of those months where all I seem to find in stores are headaches. And once I reach a certain level of disappointment on the hunt, I start reevaluating whatever it is I'm looking for. "Is this something I REALLY want?"

I'm rapidly approaching this point with the Dark Phoenix set.

I don't think the Phoenix set has even been released in my area yet. I've been off work and been making my rounds pretty frequently with nothing in sight. I will not pay scalper prices for current release figures either.

I'm hitting TRU today in hopes of the distribution center sending some Dark Phoenix 2 pack.

Searching for DC Batwing mech suit reaper, duke thomas, and atom. Those I'm not worried about.

I'm waiting on Star Wars 40th Annie Luke Xwing to drop to $50 (currently over $200)

Damn scalpers.

Is Toys R Us going to come out with more AForce sets or is this done and over with? Are they going to be on the shelf or only online? Anyone know?

From what I've gathered it hasn't been confirmed either way. Most are predicting they will hit stores later this year. It's frustrating though, since it's an in demand set.

Is Toys R Us going to come out with more AForce sets or is this done and over with? Are they going to be on the shelf or only online? Anyone know?

From what I've gathered it hasn't been confirmed either way. Most are predicting they will hit stores later this year. It's frustrating though, since it's an in demand set.

Thanks for the answer. I was wanting to get Sif but looks like I missed out on her.

The set is available for order on the website as of this morning...

https://www.toysrus.com/product?_br_psugg_q=marvel+legends+exclusive&productId=119480626

I received an order confirmation... now we just have to see if they actually honor it and ship it to me or if they cancel my order again.

Still up nearly an hour later so I think you're good.

Thanks for the answer. I was wanting to get Sif but looks like I missed out on her.

I missed out the first time (and today apparently) as well, Sif's the only one I'm really interested in.