3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

Luckily a 5 Below just opened near me. Picked up a Groot/Rocket set... just cuz and two Starlord/Gamoras for customs.

They also had the pre-Last Jedi Star Wars figs for 5 each. A lot of these got blown out for a couple bucks at Target recently, but I picked up Krennic for fodder (middle aged white dude head and a really nice white cap might be useful for something)

for those who have found the iron man/mega man 2 pack, is it over in the toy aisle or with the video games?

No clue. I had to ask an employee to pull the case from the back and the remaining 5 sets still haven't been put on the shelves yet.

My set of the final wave came in from HTS today and everyone has QC issues except for Ultron. Nazi Cap has extra plastic between the peg and joint on his left elbow and I'm afraid to cut too much away and risk nicking the peg. Jessica's right arm from the elbow down is made of soft, rubbery plastic instead of hard plastic and it doesn't want to connect securely to her upper arm. Magneto has the same iffy ankle joints that the 6" Kamala Khan suffered from, so it seems to be a matter of time before the peg snaps. Spider-Man 2099 has a warped lower left leg due to the wonky way it's positioned in the package. Maybe it is for the best that Hasbro takes a break for a little while until they can get their %$^ together.

Thanks to this site, I stopped off at Five Below on Thursday and picked up 2 of the Starlord/Gamora packs for only $10+tax. Even for $10 each I wasn't interested in this set of minor repaints, but for $5 each I was happy to pick them up.

I wonder out of all of the comic book packs that we got, how many actually gave us 2 new characters/costumes. I don't think that there were too many. It's a shame that that second wave of the comic book pack relaunch (the Captain Marvel set and the Scarlet Spider/Spider-man set) was so weak -- I think a stronger wave would have been successful enough to have kept it going. But when the budget was obviously so poor that it only gave us two packs (and the Spidey set looked pretty cheap, imo), I don't know how Hasbro could have expected good sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally spotted the Iron Man- Mega Man 2 pack today. But for $19.99, couldn't pull the trigger. This would have been a cool way to get some epic Capcom figures out of a series of 2 packs. Even though this scale is "dead" I feel like it was a missed opportunity

I feel like it was a missed opportunity

In more ways than one too. Mega Man doesn't really fit in with any existing teams or groups that we've gotten so he really feels like an odd duck without other Capcom figures. I've seen a lot of 6" collectors lamenting the fact that this wasn't a full 6" line and (as much as it hurts to admit it) they're kinda right. Hasbro likely would have gone all out with these if they were in their favorite scale so it's weird the way they've handled this.

It was a wasted opportunity but glad to have him, he chills with My World Of Nintendo figures like Samus , StarFox Crew, and Link.

It sucks because Hasbros Marvel team sucks, ANOTHER 6 inch line from these nobs? No thanks.

Im Convinced this was GOING to be a line before the Marvel team got to kill it for another 6 inch line and thats why we only Got Megaman and a VERY LAZY repack of Ironman.

(Now gotta find a Good Sonic figure)

Has anyone seen the final wave out in the wild yet?

The AOA Magneto wave?

I got mine from Hasbrotoyshop with the 20% off.

But have seen them hit retail,

One of the Local stores near me has the entire wave but they like 14 bucks plus tax

another retail spot has the wave but at 16-17 plus tax.

But havent found them at TRU or Target.

No Walmarts near me.

• 1 month later...

I found these today at Dollar Tree:

https://www.dollartree.com/Marvel-Avengers-Plastic-Superhero-Busts-4-in-/p402387/index.pro

They're slightly larger than MU torsos. The listing says 4" when it should say 4" scale. From base to head, they come up to the waist of an average MU figure. Nice decor for an Avengers Mansion/Tower display.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...