Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

New forum layout

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DennisW22

DennisW22

Andorian

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

i dont really like it, i think its just a little unfamiliar thats all, plus we lost some forum threads, like my SDCC 2008 one sad.gif

plus somethings dont work like the avatars and some of the emotions, their pictures dont show up

JayC, whats up? can you give us a little clarification?

#2 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

These are the new MN forums, they are totally seperate from the TNI forums now. We transfered many of the thread from there to here but posts made in the 2 weeks or so will not have transfered over. As for icons avaters and such those will be added in soon, we are just getting things settled in so not to worry if everything does not work as it should right away.

For more clarification I've made a news post here

http://marvelousnews...23&itemid=11479

#3 Opticon

Opticon

Guy on Fire

• Members
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:33 AM

I dunno, I can see an organizational point to this, but its a bit of a pain, a few more pages to go through to get to the same stuff. Especially since i browse a bunch of forums at once (tabbed browsing)...take some getting used to.

Anywho, wheres the option to change the skin (if there is one), cause i've always hated the black backgrounds on here...heh.

#4 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:49 AM

Well again these are not the TNI boards those are a seperate boards independent of these and still basically unchanged. These are the new MN boards for MN readers completely dedicated to all things Marvel. If you prefer a more general board then TNI is the place to be. We just have set it up so people who want to use more then one board they can use the same login and not have to sign up for each site.

#5 MysterioMenace

MysterioMenace

Snakeman

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:39 AM

It's going to take me a while to get used to. I think I'll like it better once I do. Until then I think it needs some work, but obviously it's new and still being worked on.

Oh...and where the heck did the DC toy section go?

#6 shokker

shokker

Borg

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:07 AM

well well what a night. new hulk trailer, new indiana jones trailer and now marvelous is also new. i loved the old forums better but in time this will be good too. it looks more stylised. there are some stuff missing but let them work on it. just with hasbro. give them time to develope. i just hope it doesnt take 2 years as hasbro did. i miss the smiley who punches the other one lol

#7 Opticon

Opticon

Guy on Fire

• Members
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (MysterioMenace @ Apr 30 2008, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh...and where the heck did the DC toy section go?

Ya, i'm kinda curious about that as well....

#8 electro16

electro16

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

This will take a little getting used too.Why did you change the logging in method? This email thing is a pain in the butt.Password and username is the easyest thing,it took me forever too memorise it and now you change it. mad.gif

#9 TomTom

TomTom

Quintesson

• Moderators
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

i like it. nuff said

#10 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

jayc do you think you'll get round to transfering all the page from the first page of the old thread. i notice that alot of people are going to that more then this.

#11 HighEvolutionary

HighEvolutionary

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:55 PM

So what JayC is saying is that the Marvelous News forums have officially seceded and become their own independent republic. íViva la revolucion!

#12 pvbvillegas

pvbvillegas

Snakeman

• Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

whoa... i've been away for a couple of weeks due to work, and when i come back, everything has changed! it looks nice, but i'm not yet familiar with it... i hope i can find some time to check out everything new...

#13 ScorpioKyle

ScorpioKyle

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:08 AM

I just don't care for the black background, hurts my eyes and makes things harder to see.

#14 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (ScorpioKyle @ May 2 2008, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't care for the black background, hurts my eyes and makes things harder to see.

Not to worry. We are soon going to be addin a new board feature to all the forums where each member can select what colors they want. So if you prefer white backgrounds you will be able to select that, black and so fourth. This is an issue that has come up many times so this new feature that will soon be rolled out will hopefully end that age old debate smile.gif

#15 SH0CKWAVE

SH0CKWAVE

Snakeman

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

curious if the board has any plans for another layout any time soon.

any snazzy new features coming down the pike?

#16 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (SH0CKWAVE @ Jun 6 2011, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
curious if the board has any plans for another layout any time soon.

any snazzy new features coming down the pike?

It would be nice if the forum layout could stretch horizontally more. What is it optimized for 1024/768? I think most of us are higher than that these days and those with wide screen monitors would appreciate being able to use more screen space and not have huge bars of black on either side.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us