Remakes - Needs, Wants, and It would be nice ifs...

DSmith

So what remakes of characters previously done in Marvel Legends do you want to see done?

And by remakes, I mean a straight remake of a character, same costume, etc, as was produced before. Just on a better body or face sculpt.

For me:

Needs

Classic Captain America - I could see the recent Ultimate Cap being slightly retooled into the classic version

Toad - say no more

Magneto - anything still solely represented by the Toy Biz ML1 Iron Man body needs a redo. Period.

Rogue (Jim Lee) - Looks like a drag queen after a rough night

Cyclops (Jim Lee) - Looks tiny compared to other figures now.

Red Skull - they have not gotten it right

Silver Centurion Iron Man - see Magneto reasoning

Storm (Jim Lee) - her head is SOOOO tiny compared to the other women

Iceman

War Machine - see Magneto reasoning

Dr. Strange - mine doesn't stand up and is lost in his cape. Something must be done.

Nightcrawler - I could see major advancements in design and articulation

Mystique (classic/white dress) - nuff said

Scarlet Witch

Spider-Woman - both Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter are being done a huge disservice on that awkward body

Wasp - if any woman needed a new body and two costume variants, it's Wasp over Jean Grey

Mandarin

Invisible Woman - Is it so hard to get a pretty face on Sue Storm?

Absorbing Man - after all the good stuff with the Wrecking Crew they can do better with Absorbing Man

Guardian - looks like a happy meal toy

Black Bolt - subpar

Wants

Gambit - they've done so well reinventing the sculpted jacket that this cloth jacketed Gambit is outdated

Beast (Jim Lee) - Articulation has come a long way, I could see some great improvements

Sabretooth (Jim Lee)

Mr. Fantastic - the ML 5 version doesn't fit with the more recent sculpts for the rest of the team, the Hasbro two-pack version's head is too cartoony for me.

Vision - The Toy Biz version is outdated, the Hasbro one is TINY and laughable next to Heroic Age Avengers figures

Wonder Man

Daredevil - still plenty of room for improvement

Psylocke - Just need a slight color re-deco on the X-Force version and we're good to replace the Toy Biz monstrosity

Quicksilver - since I got him my figure's body has severely discolored from the rest of his parts.

It would be nice if...

Colossus - I'm using the Marvel Select version in my display, but it would be nice to get a new ML version

Silver Surfer - Not a fan of the Toy Biz or Hasbro versions

Kraven - the Marvel Universe version looks better than the Marvel Legends version

Electro

Cable

Havok (classic) - I think he could look even more slick nowadays

Ms. Marvel - on that Moonstone body she'd be HOT

Longshot

1. Jim Lee Rogue (Everyone agrees ToyBiz"s was a joke)

2. Scarlet Witch

3. Magneto ( What was up with the Vince MacMahon clone?)

4. Jim Lee Cyclops (Should have swapped bodies with above)

6. Ms Marvel

7. Spider Woman (Hands are way too big

8. Psylocke (Neither versions face is that pretty)

9.Juggernaut TB version (Too ape like)

10. Most Spider Man villains

11.Blade (He's too small and that leg problem).

12. Black Bolt

13. Nova (Removable helmet)

14. Phoenix/Dark Phoenix

15.Storm (prettier)

16.Cable (Every version needs to be taller)

17. Domino

18.Mystique ( Each version could be prettier. Nobody likes ugly even if she is blue)

19. Madame Hydra ( See above. Villain or not. She's not drawn that way in the comics)

20. US Agent (Taller)

21. Ol Skool Sentinel Series Cyclops (The body is too goofy looking and too much washing)

If I just got Rogue, Kraven and Scarlet Witch, I could patient for the rest.

Without a doubt ... the Scarlet Witch.

Give me a new Black Bolt and a new Annihilation styled Nova

Heck we all deserve FREE and updated versions of any figure using the Doc Samson and Adam Warlock bodies because of that awful V-crotch with no thigh cut ... and the includes the Thor Legends version of Loki.

We need a new Dragon Man as well

Easily the most needed is Scarlet Witch... the new moonstone body would be great as she is very curvy.

Magneto definitely needs an update, it's been a loooong time since the Toybiz maggy

We need a more scale accurate Wonder Man... the new Hyperion/Luke Cage body would fit nicely

How about doing Ultron right? The Toybiz one stunk and the new IM wave one just doesn't cut it.

How about a classic sunfire, the AOA Sunfire is fine, but not the one we are most use too.

Absorbing Man! The Hulk line one is still better than the Hasbro one, but come on guys, do one of the best Marvel villians right.

Blackbolt/Adam Warlock - terrible body and articulation.

Loki, the Doc Sampson body one is nice, but how about the classic costume or even better the semi-classic Walt Simonson costume?

The Destroyer - need a scale and detail accurate Destroyer, seriously

They never got Silver Surfer right, he's slim, but 6"4" (scale alert!) and those Roswell alien faces don't cut it.

Red Skull, again neither Hasbro or Toybiz got him right.

The Vision, the Toybiz one is very dated and the Hasbro one uses that joke of a body. Do one of the greatest Avengers right please.

• 1 month later...
  1. Nova (I have to have a Nova Prime/Annihilation Richard Rider)
  2. Mary Jane (hate the movie line ones, my Spidey display is incomplete without her)
  3. Scarlet Witch
  4. War Machine (personally I'd like one that reflects his Heroic Age look, but I'll settle for anything)
  5. Ms. Marvel (why this isn't happening yet is beyond me, but an easy custom if it doesn't happen)
  6. Mandarin
  7. Spider-Woman (again Moonstone body, there are some great customs of Spider-Woman with this base)
  8. Moon Knight (armored version from Vengeance of the Moon Knight)
  9. Fantastic Four (all matching and no "goofy" Reed Richard head or crazy elongated Reed)
  10. Gambit (as mentioned above the sculpted coat, and arms would be great)

Probably others but these are my top 10. If I could get the top 3 or top 5 I'd be quite content.

• 8 months later...

Needs: 1) Scarlet witch ( the toybiz one is a joke )

2) Rogue ( jim lee) ( the face on the toybiz one is ugly and the moonstone body would add curves)

3) Ms Marvel ( The toybiz one is too skinny and needs more curves )

4) Blade ( the one we have is too small and looks funny )

5) Psylocke ( the new one is better, but needs to have more curves with moonstone body )

6) Beast ( the toybiz one is cool but has no ab joint and a funny neck, and the hasbro ones are more disabled than the Professor X figure )

• 1 month later...

Well, a year and a half later and we actually got a cross a few off the list!!!

Remade:

Magneto (2014, X-Men)

Red Skull (2014, Captain America)

Scarlet Witch (2015, Avengers)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) (2015, Avengers)

Black Bolt (2014, Thanos Imperative)

Ms. Marvel (2014?, Infinite 3pack)

With that in mind, I'm updating the list of remakes! Adding ways to figure out how to get them released...

Infinite Avengers Wave release remake possibilities:

Classic Captain America

Silver Centurion Iron Man

War Machine Mark I

Wasp

Mandarin

Absorbing Man

Vision

Wonder Man

Quicksilver

Jim Lee X-Men Infinite remake 3pack:

Rogue

Cyclops

Beast

Infinite X-Men Wave release remake possibilities:

Toad

Storm (Jim Lee)

Iceman

Nightcrawler

Mystique (classic/white dress)

Gambit

Sabretooth

Psylocke

Colossus

Cable

Havok

Longshot

Alpha Flight SDCC 5pack:

Guardian

Sasquatch

(then new releases of Snowbird, Shaman, Box)

Infinite Dr. Strange/Defenders Wave release remake possibilities:

Dr. Strange

Daredevil

Silver Surfer

Valkyrie

Infinite Fantastic Four Wave release remake possibilities:

Mr. Fantastic

Invisible Woman

Infinite Spider-Man Wave release remake possibilities:

Kraven

Electro

• 3 weeks later...

I'll keep this brief...

Would love to see a remake of X-23, I have the ToyBiz one and it could really, really be improved upon. Especially in light of how nicely Hasbro has been doing with female figures.

Second, Rogue. I guess technically Rogu has been remade and it is an awesome looking figure. Hasbro release her!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Nova (I have to have a Nova Prime/Annihilation Richard Rider)
  2. Mary Jane (hate the movie line ones, my Spidey display is incomplete without her)
  3. Scarlet Witch
  4. War Machine (personally I'd like one that reflects his Heroic Age look, but I'll settle for anything)
  5. Ms. Marvel (why this isn't happening yet is beyond me, but an easy custom if it doesn't happen)
  6. Mandarin
  7. Spider-Woman (again Moonstone body, there are some great customs of Spider-Woman with this base)
  8. Moon Knight (armored version from Vengeance of the Moon Knight)
  9. Fantastic Four (all matching and no "goofy" Reed Richard head or crazy elongated Reed)
  10. Gambit (as mentioned above the sculpted coat, and arms would be great)

Probably others but these are my top 10. If I could get the top 3 or top 5 I'd be quite content.

As mentioned above time to change this list up.

Remakes

1. Mary Jane (sort of counts, if I consider the movie ones)
  2. War Machine (Heroic Age)
  3. Mandarin
  4. Moon Knight (Modern look, and the Mr. Knight look)
  5. Gambit (using new trench coat and sculpted arms from either Punisher/Nick Fury, or Movie Star-Lord)

The other half of the list is getting made (fingers crossed) or has been re-made. I can't even remember how long Spider-Girl (May Parker) and Ms. Marvel have been on either of these lists.

Would be nice ifs....

1. Darkdevil
  2. Stegron
  3. Gamora (DnA version)
  4. Groot (BAF, DnA version)
  5. Adam Warlock (Adam Magus variant)
  6. Phyla Vel (Quasar with Martyr variant)
  7. Prowler
  8. Chameleon (swappable J. Jonah Jameson head and hands/arms)
  9. Mephisto (BAF)
  10. Mantis (GotG version)
  11. Bug (GotG version)
  12. Jack Flag (GotG version)
  13. Major Victory
  14. Blink
  15. Sunspot

• 3 weeks later...

Y'all ready for this....

Ba ba ba

Lets go for the big teams

Avengers

- marvel now hulk ( baf )

- Shane chi

- mocking bird

- young avengers hawk eye ( kate b )

- new avengers luk cake ( black tank top )

- Loki classic costume

- kang

Xmen

Astonishing colossus ( baf )

-Havoc (mavel now uncanny avenger)

-rouge. " "

- cannon ball " "

- sun fire " "

- muiltpul man

- step ford cuckoo

Fantastic four

-who really cares ?

I don't know ......

- the kids

- Johnny

- sue for sure!

- mister fantastic lab coat

- moloid

Now maybe set for fun

-Do a Asgard set of 3 warrior 3

- apocalypse twins

- new xmen : beak, angle , kid omega , glob , frank quitly beast

Hope u like my lists

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if people would want something like this but this is interesting to see with this current wolverine body mold. Now that Hasbro has made an unmasked wolverine head they can utilize it for different wolverines - ultimate version, age of apocalypse, etc. IMO the ML Ultimate Wolverine from Blob series needs to be improved just like what they did to Emma Frost.

They could have just given the previous yellow wolverines a removable head in the first place. lol. and maybe make a different version with this head:

15673759912_a6bdcc8e66.jpg