New SMC Figures!

pooda

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw these today when i went to work. I am very unimpressed. They look to be more like 5 1/2 inch. They have horrible articulation. Paint seemed dull. I took one look at these and knew they were a deffinate pass. Maybe had they atleast ben characters not done before i would have picked them up.

right! they couldve done tombstone, another vulture(younger maybe), silver sable, or a black cat that wasnt as fu*king ugly as the ML version!

you did not just say that after telling eldestson to "watch his cursing". what a hypocrite! Although you have a good point about tombstone.

hypocrite? do you come to read, or just look at the pictures? here, ill help you...cen·sor·ship: is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the government or media organizations as determined by a censor. dude....you really need to chill. IDK what "gripe" you have with me (always trying to point out something that I did wrong, or complaining about something that i posted)...you really need to get over it. and yeah....Tombstone would be awesome!

actually he said "censor your cursing. " which he obviously did by replacing a "c" with a "*". Honestly I don't see the freaking point of "censoring" anything if you're going to type it anyway. Not like we, or the kiddies, on the board don't know what you're saying.

thank you for reading with understanding. the point of censoring the cursing is that flatout cursing isnt allowed. (not my rule) but youre right about people still knowing what youre saying. look at it like a rated R movie thats shown on regular TV.

here's my point...

regular tv relies on sound and visual to get it's messege across.although the visual is still questionable(wolvie2281 said we could tell what you were saying), if you sounded the word out it's still the same word. If you can say fu*king(now i'm a hypocrite,thanks) without the "C" on regular tv and make it work, I'm sure you could get a job at fox.

Besides regular tv would say "fudging" or "beeeeep".

as for my "gripe"..... judge ye not lest ye be judged.

P.S. red letters don't scare me

I saw these today when i went to work. I am very unimpressed. They look to be more like 5 1/2 inch. They have horrible articulation. Paint seemed dull. I took one look at these and knew they were a deffinate pass. Maybe had they atleast ben characters not done before i would have picked them up.

right! they couldve done tombstone, another vulture(younger maybe), silver sable, or a black cat that wasnt as fu*king ugly as the ML version!

you did not just say that after telling eldestson to "watch his cursing". what a hypocrite! Although you have a good point about tombstone.

hypocrite? do you come to read, or just look at the pictures? here, ill help you...cen·sor·ship: is the suppression of speech or deletion of communicative material which may be considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or inconvenient to the government or media organizations as determined by a censor. dude....you really need to chill. IDK what "gripe" you have with me (always trying to point out something that I did wrong, or complaining about something that i posted)...you really need to get over it. and yeah....Tombstone would be awesome!

actually he said "censor your cursing. " which he obviously did by replacing a "c" with a "*". Honestly I don't see the freaking point of "censoring" anything if you're going to type it anyway. Not like we, or the kiddies, on the board don't know what you're saying.

thank you for reading with understanding. the point of censoring the cursing is that flatout cursing isnt allowed. (not my rule) but youre right about people still knowing what youre saying. look at it like a rated R movie thats shown on regular TV.

here's my point...

regular tv relies on sound and visual to get it's messege across.although the visual is still questionable(wolvie2281 said we could tell what you were saying), if you sounded the word out it's still the same word. If you can say fu*king(now i'm a hypocrite,thanks) without the "C" on regular tv and make it work, I'm sure you could get a job at fox.

Besides regular tv would say "fudging" or "beeeeep".

as for my "gripe"..... judge ye not lest ye be judged.

P.S. red letters don't scare me

i love my fans! :laugh:

They could have at least used mattel hips on that goblin instead of making him a normal old school t crotch, then while not being as good as say ML13 Goblin he'd still be a pretty nice figure.

Im betting Mattel has a patton or whatever on their articulation.

Anyway, it looks like they are really aiming these at kids moreso collectors (even more than they were before).

Again, the Spiderman figs look like 6" versions of 3.75" figs.

They could have at least used mattel hips on that goblin instead of making him a normal old school t crotch, then while not being as good as say ML13 Goblin he'd still be a pretty nice figure.

Anyway, it looks like they are really aiming these at kids moreso collectors (even more than they were before).

yeah, SMC has always kinda been geared to kids, with all of the "action" features. ie. missile launchers and stuff

yeah, SMC has always kinda been geared to kids, with all of the "action" features. ie. missile launchers and stuff

Sure, but the figs themselves were up to par with ML.

Sure, but the figs themselves were up to par with ML.

Not always they weren't, Hydro-Man would probably like a word with you :P and some of the Spideys released weren't on par either if i remember correctly.

Naw I have new Gears of war NECA figs and they have mattel hips, and they look even better because of the sculpt and paint jobs.

Naw I have new Gears of war NECA figs and they have mattel hips, and they look even better because of the sculpt and paint jobs.

Those aren't exactly the same as mattel hips...and they may have pattoned theirs too.