We're gonna have MCU X-Men & Fantastic Four figures. Well That Didn't Last Long!

Rukkdeez

The Disney takeover continues, as they have officially acquired 20th Century Fox. I'm sure it'll be a few years, but the X-Men and FF are now in the MCU.

This is very important to we collectors of Marvel Legends because our days are numbered getting MCU free X-Men waves, and now it's imperative we get that Walgreens exclusive Thing before the dust settles.

Yup. Operation: Clean Sweep is now complete. Congratulations MCU collectors! Your takeover will be complete! I now understand the Marvel Humans' fear of mutant takeover.

who care that we are getting MCU F4 and X-men?! The important thing is now that they are all under the same banner means we will be getting more of them every year!! That mean we will be getting more then 1 X-men wave per year and we might finally get more Fantastic Four character like Silver Surfer, Galactus Super-Skrull and more. Character that have been long absent from Marvel Legends for a while due to this merger.

If it mean we have to get MCU figure to get the characters we need then I'm all for it. It's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I'm excited!!!!!!!! NO MORE CRAPPY X-MEN MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus we get Galactus done right and get to see Reed Richards on screen with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. Hulk fighting The Thing. Dr. Doom done right!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw, I agree this is not a good thing for us fans. I believe the X-Men franchise is being put in place to take up the reigns when the current Avengers arc comes to its eventual end in a few years. That being said, I assume The X-Men waves will start to be distributed in a way similar to what the Avengers are now, meaning 2 to 3 waves a year with at least 50% MCU figures in each. So let's just look at the logistics of that. Say we get 2 waves a year. Yippie, right! Well let's just assume, from history, that at least half the waves will be MCU figures (and we all know they will) and say at least 1 of the 2 BAFs will be MCU (we know it will), it still means we get no more comic based figs in a two wave year as we do now with our standard yearly 7 figure all comic based wave now. The only difference is now you get to buy a buncha crappy figures you don't really want to complete your Nimrod or MCU Apocalypse (hopefully the design will be much better than Fox's) BAF.

Our best hope would be that, like the Avengers, specific characters would get their own break off films and we can get ML waves for each of them. So, if we can get a case where we have X-Men, Wolverine, Deadpool & say maybe Rogue (cuz, admittedly I do believe she will be much better utilized & represented in the MCU) waves rotating similar to the way the Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America & Thor waves rotate now, it could actually be a good thing. Maybe the that would also mean the Avengers wave could be shifted to a single yearly all comic based wave. I would not be too unhappy with that arrangement, but I supposed whatever is going to happen still remains to be seen.

Either way, time to star getting relegated to seeing MCU X-Men figs rotting on the shelves, taking up space, where at one time you couldn't even find the X-Men waves on the shelves. Get ready for droves & droves of MCU Wolverine & Deadpool in every wave & get ready for lame movie based characters as the BAF as the likelihood of ever getting a comic Sauron, Omega Red or Strong Guy drifts further into the abyss.

Teamy Strong Guy for life.

Well first, I don't know how things are where you're at, but around here the MCU figures are the best sellers. Just ask anyone who spent weeks pouring through Nova and Space Iron Man figures trying to find a Rocket Raccoon or Gamora. Don't even ask what I went through to score Black Widow or Black Panther. That's obviously the case in other regions as Hasbro isn't in the habit of making toys that don't sell. But obviously you don't like them, so subscribe to whatever delusion gets you through the night.

Second, its kind of early days (the announcement is just about exactly 24 hours old) to predict how Disney or Hasbro will do anything.

Well, I don't know what Bizzaro world you live in but this issue's already been discussed to death, by you and pretty much no one else. Though I've conceded to you the fact that where you live and hunt is much different than where I and I would say about 90 percent of everyone else on this forum do, I'm not surprised you find it necessary to call me out for hating on your beloved MCU figures again. For the record I do not hate them, I actually enjoy them & think they're very well done at this point. I'm just saying I've been MCU Captain America'd & Iron Man'd to death. Add to that the way other figures, like saaaaay, Vision & Ronan get the shaft only to have 3 freaking Starlords in one year. Add to that the saturation of said figures into every case. Yes, Black Widow & Black Panther were both hard to find, but in your blind defense of the MCU you fail to recognize the 2 biggest determining factors why those 2 figs are so hard to find. Firstly, they were different and new and secondly, they were both short packed. I have both of them, but I had to dig through a wasteland of Cap & IM to find them. I'm not saying they don't sell because the formula works with both sides. If it's new or different it sells, end of story. It''s not mine, your or anyone else's opinion, its just fact, but I'm calling you out now. If all the MCU figures outsell the comic figures, show me. I've posted pics of MCU Thor & Loki and Manthing wave MCU figures clogging the shelves, to which you said it was just my opinion even though it was actually photographic proof. I challenge you, post some pics of multiple comic figures taking up more space than MCU figures. Don't doctor them or stage it, just show them in their natural settings. And 2 comic figures sitting next to 1 MCU won't cut it, cuz I know that game. Show me an excessive amount of comic figures overpowering a smattering of MCU figures on the shelves of what can be clearly identified as a store setting. You can't cuz it doesn't happen, but I can guarantee I can inundate this entire post of pics showing it the way I describe it.

You're obviously not shy about saying it, now show it. I've already admitted that that might well be the case in your area, now show me. I showed you mine.

And as far as speculating what Disney/Hasbro/Marvel plans to do? Isn't that pretty much at least 80% of what we do here. If it was all about what they've already done or already confirmed there's pretty much no reason for discussion at all, just a buncha complaining, which I've already admitted to do extremely well. And that's not just my opinion.

post-21367-0-78600200-1513353966_thumb.jpg

Well first, I don't know how things are where you're at, but around here the MCU figures are the best sellers. Just ask anyone who spent weeks pouring through Nova and Space Iron Man figures trying to find a Rocket Raccoon or Gamora. Don't even ask what I went through to score Black Widow or Black Panther. That's obviously the case in other regions as Hasbro isn't in the habit of making toys that don't sell. But obviously you don't like them, so subscribe to whatever delusion gets you through the night.

Second, its kind of early days (the announcement is just about exactly 24 hours old) to predict how Disney or Hasbro will do anything.

Not this again...didn't we already settle this garbage in the Avengers/MCU thread?

Well, I don't know what Bizzaro world you live in but this issue's already been discussed to death, by you and pretty much no one else. Though I've conceded to you the fact that where you live and hunt is much different than where I and I would say about 90 percent of everyone else on this forum do, I'm not surprised you find it necessary to call me out for hating on your beloved MCU figures again. For the record I do not hate them, I actually enjoy them & think they're very well done at this point. I'm just saying I've been MCU Captain America'd & Iron Man'd to death. Add to that the way other figures, like saaaaay, Vision & Ronan get the shaft only to have 3 freaking Starlords in one year. Add to that the saturation of said figures into every case. Yes, Black Widow & Black Panther were both hard to find, but in your blind defense of the MCU you fail to recognize the 2 biggest determining factors why those 2 figs are so hard to find. Firstly, they were different and new and secondly, they were both short packed. I have both of them, but I had to dig through a wasteland of Cap & IM to find them. I'm not saying they don't sell because the formula works with both sides. If it's new or different it sells, end of story. It''s not mine, your or anyone else's opinion, its just fact, but I'm calling you out now. If all the MCU figures outsell the comic figures, show me. I've posted pics of MCU Thor & Loki and Manthing wave MCU figures clogging the shelves, to which you said it was just my opinion even though it was actually photographic proof. I challenge you, post some pics of multiple comic figures taking up more space than MCU figures. Don't doctor them or stage it, just show them in their natural settings. And 2 comic figures sitting next to 1 MCU won't cut it, cuz I know that game. Show me an excessive amount of comic figures overpowering a smattering of MCU figures on the shelves of what can be clearly identified as a store setting. You can't cuz it doesn't happen, but I can guarantee I can inundate this entire post of pics showing it the way I describe it.

You're obviously not shy about saying it, now show it. I've already admitted that that might well be the case in your area, now show me. I showed you mine.

And as far as speculating what Disney/Hasbro/Marvel plans to do? Isn't that pretty much at least 80% of what we do here. If it was all about what they've already done or already confirmed there's pretty much no reason for discussion at all, just a buncha complaining, which I've already admitted to do extremely well. And that's not just my opinion.

Lucky, you only have 1 peg of GotG MCU stuff, lol. Similar thing where I'm at, just more GotG and Netflix stuff.

I will admit that lately the MCU figures have been warming, but it was always the comic figures that were in the past. That doesnt change the fact that we wouldnt have the 6 line if it wasnt for the movie figures.

You're absolutely correct. It WAS always the comic figs that lingered in the past. Nobody denies this. Here's the thing though; the reason for that was there were either only 1 to 2 MCU characters, or NO MCU characters in those waves. There will always be peg warmers. There will always be characters the majority of ML collectors aren't interested in. For the most part (with some exceptions), the percentage per wave was limited to 1 or 2. Now however, with more MCU per wave being rammed down our throats (this due to MCU fans politicking almost incessantly for more movie figs despite there not being enough characters to honestly support that desire. But they wanted Zemo, Quicksilver, Crossbones, Yellowjacket....hell, even Trevor Slattery!), with little to no regard for the comic fans or the characters, because they came into this only viewing movies. Hasbro gave them 3 per wave, then more, then even the friggin' Build-A-Figure! THAT still wasn't enough! Those photos do not lie! This "cause" has resulted in multiple "effects": More money is being left on the shelves, comic collectors have less likelihood to get characters they've always craved (MCU fans get more characters, but check out those pegs again). This has carried over to the BAF's. It's gotten so bad, we get characters that could be part of a wave as the seventh figure as the Build-A-Figure! And all the while, a character that's also been in demand falls by the wayside, and why? To appease movie goers who are in love with actors. It's to the point Hasbro isn't even listening to the comic collectors "campagns for characters. If they did, we WOULD'VE gotten that Man-Ape. We WOULD'VE gotten comic Black Order (don't even front. If Proxima Midnight was a comic based figure, we would've seen her by now and we would know what the BAF is already. It's gonna be MCU based).

Now we have MCU fans attempting to rationalize what's going on by saying "it used to be comic figs" ( it isn't just you) so they can take no responsibility in the current state.

BOTTOM LINE: The best thing for this line is for MCU to be brought back down to 1 or 2 characters per wave...AT THE MOST! Build-A-Figures: only when necessary. NOT just because a movie is out and the BAF has to be movie related.

As for MCU collectors, you guys need to admit it. The formula was great (and needed to keep the line going) at TWO. You guys just got greedy.

Naw, I agree this is not a good thing for us fans. I believe the X-Men franchise is being put in place to take up the reigns when the current Avengers arc comes to its eventual end in a few years. That being said, I assume The X-Men waves will start to be distributed in a way similar to what the Avengers are now, meaning 2 to 3 waves a year with at least 50% MCU figures in each. So let's just look at the logistics of that. Say we get 2 waves a year. Yippie, right! Well let's just assume, from history, that at least half the waves will be MCU figures (and we all know they will) and say at least 1 of the 2 BAFs will be MCU (we know it will), it still means we get no more comic based figs in a two wave year as we do now with our standard yearly 7 figure all comic based wave now. The only difference is now you get to buy a buncha crappy figures you don't really want to complete your Nimrod or MCU Apocalypse (hopefully the design will be much better than Fox's) BAF.

Our best hope would be that, like the Avengers, specific characters would get their own break off films and we can get ML waves for each of them. So, if we can get a case where we have X-Men, Wolverine, Deadpool & say maybe Rogue (cuz, admittedly I do believe she will be much better utilized & represented in the MCU) waves rotating similar to the way the Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America & Thor waves rotate now, it could actually be a good thing. Maybe the that would also mean the Avengers wave could be shifted to a single yearly all comic based wave. I would not be too unhappy with that arrangement, but I supposed whatever is going to happen still remains to be seen.

Either way, time to star getting relegated to seeing MCU X-Men figs rotting on the shelves, taking up space, where at one time you couldn't even find the X-Men waves on the shelves. Get ready for droves & droves of MCU Wolverine & Deadpool in every wave & get ready for lame movie based characters as the BAF as the likelihood of ever getting a comic Sauron, Omega Red or Strong Guy drifts further into the abyss.

Teamy Strong Guy for life.

Monron, right after I started this thread, I had to fly out to the east coast for the holidays. When I was at the airport, I saw the initial responses (one by Tarot). I swore I would respond when I got settled in. I was going to particularly address Tarot's notion of more waves equaling more figures, as well as other issues mentioned both by him and JD. Once again, you've done my work for me., and I mean on every point. We've been of one mind so often lately, I've started to wonder if your real name isn't Charles Francis Xavier! I'm also trying to remember what the hell we disagreed on?!?! Anyone reading lately wouldn't believe we ever did, and I'm starting not to as well.

I will admit that lately the MCU figures have been warming, but it was always the comic figures that were in the past. That doesnt change the fact that we wouldnt have the 6 line if it wasnt for the movie figures.

You're absolutely correct. It WAS always the comic figs that lingered in the past. Nobody denies this. Here's the thing though; the reason for that was there were either only 1 to 2 MCU characters, or NO MCU characters in those waves. There will always be peg warmers. There will always be characters the majority of ML collectors aren't interested in. For the most part (with some exceptions), the percentage per wave was limited to 1 or 2. Now however, with more MCU per wave being rammed down our throats (this due to MCU fans politicking almost incessantly for more movie figs despite there not being enough characters to honestly support that desire. But they wanted Zemo, Quicksilver, Crossbones, Yellowjacket....hell, even Trevor Slattery!), with little to no regard for the comic fans or the characters, because they came into this only viewing movies. Hasbro gave them 3 per wave, then more, then even the friggin' Build-A-Figure! THAT still wasn't enough! Those photos do not lie! This "cause" has resulted in multiple "effects": More money is being left on the shelves, comic collectors have less likelihood to get characters they've always craved (MCU fans get more characters, but check out those pegs again). This has carried over to the BAF's. It's gotten so bad, we get characters that could be part of a wave as the seventh figure as the Build-A-Figure! And all the while, a character that's also been in demand falls by the wayside, and why? To appease movie goers who are in love with actors. It's to the point Hasbro isn't even listening to the comic collectors "campagns for characters. If they did, we WOULD'VE gotten that Man-Ape. We WOULD'VE gotten comic Black Order (don't even front. If Proxima Midnight was a comic based figure, we would've seen her by now and we would know what the BAF is already. It's gonna be MCU based).

Now we have MCU fans attempting to rationalize what's going on by saying "it used to be comic figs" ( it isn't just you) so they can take no responsibility in the current state.

BOTTOM LINE: The best thing for this line is for MCU to be brought back down to 1 or 2 characters per wave...AT THE MOST! Build-A-Figures: only when necessary. NOT just because a movie is out and the BAF has to be movie related.

As for MCU collectors, you guys need to admit it. The formula was great (and needed to keep the line going) at TWO. You guys just got greedy.

Excellent points that I can absolutely agree with. Yes, I can admit Ive gotten greedy for more MCU figures. If Hasbro were to limit movie figures to 2 per wave, they would still be getting my money. I think the increase in movie figures boils down to the fact that they are still toys. In my opinion movie figures are more appealing to kids because they can recognize them more so which should result in an increase in sales. The Thor and Loki figures being double case pack really fills the pegs. Im afraid Blacks Panther and Killmonger will follow suit. Same with Daredevil and Punisher. I think thats the first change that Hasbro needs to make.

I think I Proxima Midnight will be comic based.

Excellent points that I can absolutely agree with. Yes, I can admit Ive gotten greedy for more MCU figures. If Hasbro were to limit movie figures to 2 per wave, they would still be getting my money. I think the increase in movie figures boils down to the fact that they are still toys. In my opinion movie figures are more appealing to kids because they can recognize them more so which should result in an increase in sales. The Thor and Loki figures being double case pack really fills the pegs. Im afraid Blacks Panther and Killmonger will follow suit. Same with Daredevil and Punisher. I think thats the first change that Hasbro needs to make.

I think I Proxima Midnight will be comic based.

I guess we'll find out next month during Toy Fair which one of us is right.

They screwed up this year. Thor and Loki are both at 2 per case. It's also loki's blue outfit not his long standing green one. Thor is also in a two-pack with an exclusive figure, same thing with star lord, who they also did another single release with a long a coat......and re-released the entire first GOTG wave. They just made them too accessible.

• 2 weeks later...