Anyone seen Wal Mart Exclusives?

Heisenberg

I'm genuinely astonished that someone is just now coming to the realization that walmarts employees receive no customer service training lol no offense Bigtasty.

Can't really blame them though as I'm pretty sure Walmart employees get paid in the form of clearance-priced bags of dog food instead of traditional payroll checks. I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.

As someone who has had a previous career in retail store management, the wages that corporate dictates for the average level employees was downright nauseating and it really really bothered me.

There's nothing quite like the look on an employees face after I give them a glowing mid year review and accompany that with a $0.40 raise... because that's all I'm allowed to give for a "top performer" and when I call up my district/regional manager and tell them that this is utter nonsense and I need to give this person(s) at LEAST a $1 or more increase, I get told "we don't make the rules and you calling me to complain about it won't change anything" ahhhh good times, good times...

I'm genuinely astonished that someone is just now coming to the realization that walmarts employees receive no customer service training lol no offense Bigtasty.

Can't really blame them though as I'm pretty sure Walmart employees get paid in the form of clearance-priced bags of dog food instead of traditional payroll checks. I could be wrong...but I don't think I am.

As someone who has had a previous career in retail store management, the wages that corporate dictates for the average level employees was downright nauseating and it really really bothered me.

There's nothing quite like the look on an employees face after I give them a glowing mid year review and accompany that with a $0.40 raise... because that's all I'm allowed to give for a "top performer" and when I call up my district/regional manager and tell them that this is utter nonsense and I need to give this person(s) at LEAST a $1 or more increase, I get told "we don't make the rules and you calling me to complain about it won't change anything" ahhhh good times, good times...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am a manager at a bookstore and I am in the top 5% of sales directives out of every store in the entire US. My last raise? 17 cents......I am not messing with you my last yearly raise was 17 cents. To be fair we do have a thing called spiff where if we make certain numbers we can add between 60-100 dollars to our pay check but to get that you have to make the store an insane amount of money through discount cards. We also get a 25 cents raise per quarter if we are in the top 10% of earners for that quarter. So, I feel your pain I really do. Butttttt if someone comes into the store looking for something and is respectful I will do everything I can to find them that item. They might work a job even more shitty than mine and finding them this book is their escape. My point is I know they are paid #$## and it sucks but you should still take pride in the job you do.

I used to have bosses that would bs me about stupid stuff acting like I did not deserve this and I did not deserve that. They acted like it was my fault I got a small amount of a raise. They would say I am too shy and quiet and do not have self esteem blah blah blah. I could not believe the looks on their faces when I gave them my two weeks notice and told them I was offered way more somewhere else. They called me into the office and then tried to give me .50 cent more an hour acting like that was alot. I laughed in their faces and walked out. That was at Walmart.

Yeah that sounds about right. While I wont pretend to know you or the managers you worked for, I've been on the receiving end of an employee telling me they were leaving many many times and each time you have to put on a face and act like you're devastated they are leaving and pretend to be totally shocked lol.

What the employees never see is the conversation the managers have afterward which usually gos like "thank god that kid is leaving" or "we really lucked out by having them quit because I really didn't want to bother with the papertrail needed for firing them" or "good, one rotten egg gone and now onto hiring one of the 40 people that applied this week"

The point of this...EVERYONE is expendable in retail, especially including the managers like I used to be. Retail management made me a great living but now that I'm out...I would check myself into prison before going back lol

So after my hunt this weekend that was a huge success involving me finding every exclusive/fig I was looking for, I still struck out completely on Walmart with regards to Bucky/Falcon...0/8

At least I found 4 more deadpools so I'm making progress there 9/100. Has anyone else had luck scoring the Bucky/Falcon this past weekend? I'm starting to get annoyed...lol

Has anyone tried the Civil War Falcon's wings on Sam Wilson Captain America from the 3 pack?

Falcon Cap has the hole in his back that should allow you plug in the MCU falcon wings.

does anyone have the 3 3/4'' MCU falcon? does his backpack for the wings have 1 or 2 pegs???

Need Wings for Sam Cap

Idk if this'll help but the MCU falcon has two peg holes the 3.75 falcon has wings attached to its arms kinda like the ml darkhark so maybe try (I don't have it so I dont know) the toybiz falcon wings? Idk

Yeah was on vacation this week in Naples FL and hit several huge/newer walmarts with the wifey while we were putting around town...they didn't just NOT have the Bucky/Falcon, they barely had any legends period. I swear each store only had like 4-7 legends each and they were all Absorbing Man/Onslaught figs (big shocker there)

I did find an extra set of Black Series 3.75 Wave 4 for a buddy but that was about it.

What's even weirder is that we made a trip to a comic shop whose hours of operation was 3PM-12AM Monday-Friday and closed on the weekends...strangest damn hours I've seen for a store ever, not just a comic shop lol.

But...it gets weirder. They had a MOMC (it literally looked case fresh) Toybiz Series 6 Deadpool behind the counter for $45...

Naturally, I picked that up as an extra for the collection and I'm pretty sure they forgot to put the #2 in front of the #45 on the price tag but I obviously wasn't going to question it lol. The clerk was a 18yo girl who probably knew as much as about toys as your average congressman so I think that helped.

LOL when I was checking out, my wife whispered into my ear "isn't that like really really cheap for that figure?" so I whispered back "ssshhhhhh yes it is...now go start the car"

I very speedily walked towards the door out of fear the manager/owner was going to pop out from the back and realize what was going on lol I don't do drugs but THAT was a rush!!!

Congrats on Punisher Dodge! He was by far the Legends fig I was most looking forward too this year and I've bought 4 of them just to show my support to Hasbro lol usually buy 2 of every exclusive but I can't get enough of this guy!

Thanks, I really like the figure and glad to add him to my collection. I had the other one that came with his trench coat when Legends Returned. I figured if I did not find this one in stores then I may have stuck with that one. Glad thats not the case.

Lol the Epic Heroes Wave T-Bolts Punisher and Xforce Deadpool are the only 2 marvel legend figures I own from what Hasbro had produced between 2007-2013.

The taste of the "Dark Ages" never left my mouth so my collection pretty much literally goes from having every Toybiz wave and every wave starting with the "Infinite Series" rebrand in 2014-current and absolutely nothing in the middle lol

I started out with The Return of Marvel Legends and then reaching back through Ebay to get some of the classic Toy Biz ones. I can kick myself for not grabbing the Toys R Us exclusive X-Men Jubilee BAF wave when I had the chance. I was right there holding them in my hands but forced myself to put them back because I had truck problems and did not know how much it was going to cost me to get it fixed. I later bought a Jubilee head and stuck her on an extra Spidergirl body that seemed to fit. I hope they do another Jubilee from the early 90s.

I started out with The Return of Marvel Legends and then reaching back through Ebay to get some of the classic Toy Biz ones. I can kick myself for not grabbing the Toys R Us exclusive X-Men Jubilee BAF wave when I had the chance. I was right there holding them in my hands but forced myself to put them back because I had truck problems and did not know how much it was going to cost me to get it fixed. I later bought a Jubilee head and stuck her on an extra Spidergirl body that seemed to fit. I hope they do another Jubilee from the early 90s.

I hear you. The future of the X-Men in ML was still way up in the air when the Jubilee wave came out. It was kinda shifty that it was only a TRU exclusive so I forced myself to buy the set on the thought that we may never see another X-Man in ML form. It did end up being a good purchase & I actually like that version of Wolverine even better than recent Brown & Yellow one. The sculpt is specific and exclusive to that figure as far as I can tell & it fits in well with the 90's X-Men line up, though I'm sure Hasbro will eventually do another blue/yellow one as they round out the 90's roster as they say they will.

As for the exclusives, all my local W-Marts have gone thru at least 2 restocks of the Juggy wave and still no Falcon or W. Soldier to be found. I did, however manage to score 2 full Juggy waves and an extra Deadpool and Rogue.

Lol nice score. Were you still needing this fig or just grabbed an extra one at that price? (I would've done so at that price as well lol)

On a side note...$7.18 brings back good memories of the ToyBiz days when they were $7.44 at Walmart and $7.99 at target...all that POA, PAINT, Accesories, comic, bases and clamshell packaging for $8...almost brings me to tears lol.

I'll never forget the time I walked into Walmart with a buddy and we scored the entire Giant Man wave including variants which I think brought that wave over 12 figs if I recall (lol like 3-4 different Sentry's) plus the whole Face Off wave AND variants in one fell swoop. Walked out of there with at least 12 single carded figs and the 6 2packs for less than $200 lol

Oh I see well congrats on the Nova and on being a new collector! It's always nice to see fresh, optimistic blood versus the grizzled, pessimistic jerkoff types that i tend to be sometimes lol.

Speaking of which lol...what really kills me are the new Icons...Toybiz Icons were 10x more sculpted, painted and obscenely articulated AND only cost you $15. These new Icons are $50 and I just don't get it man...

I'm not saying the new Icons are trash, because they're not all that bad to be honest...I guess, but I simply can't get over the damn price point of $50!

I will say the new packaging these Icons are sporting is absolutely FANTASTIC and WAY better than the garbage ToyBiz boxes lol, it was so hard finding MIMB ones back in the day! Maybe the shiny new packaging is the reason the new ones are $50?

Idk but rant over...I'm tired of listening to myself #$## and moan lol.

I traded the Storm from that wave for a Toy Biz Cable.......seemed like a good idea at the time since I already had a loose Storm. With the new Cable and insane price of Storm its not a great deal for me in hindsight. I don't really regret it though because it made another forum member really happy. I still have Magneto from that wave MOC but wish I would have picked up an extra set of all the figures.