BRING ON THE BAD GUYS!

CobraSaboteur87

Oh yeah man for sure I get it. The only thing I would be worried about is that if some of these redos actually got made (I'm sure they all will at some point) as to how they would turn out.

As a huge champion of ToyBiz (while also appreciating the redo improvements we get from Habsro) I can't possibly think of them doing a "better" version of Omega Red or Sinister...those figs are absolutely impeccable as far as I'm concerned. I however certainly wouldn't bash Hasbro for trying to make them better but at least in regards to those two figs...they have their work cut out for them! lol

#BRINGONTHEBADGUYS!!!

Bring On The Bad Guys Vol. 5-7...The X Files!!!

1. Silver Samurai

2. Senyaka

3. Jim Lee Toad

4. Colonel Stryker

5. Deathstrike

6. Maverick

7. Jim Lee Mystique

8. Bone Breaker

BAF: Tusk

1. Cameron Hodge Phalanx

2. Trevor Fitzroy

3. Marvel Now Magneto

4. Sebastian Shaw

5. Kane

6. X-Cutioner

7. Raza

8. Corsair

BAF: WarStar

1. Spiral

2. Lilandra

3. DeathBird

4. Proteus

5. Vulcan

6. Pandemic

7. Ord

8. Gauntlet

BAF: Predator X

Longtime lurker on this site but I've been a long time collector of ML and members of other sites. Lists like this are what give me an impulse to create an account post. I can't help but bring on the bad guys.

X-Men Wave:

BAF: Sauron

1. Sebastian Shaw

2. Selene

3. Exodus

4. Pyro

5. Avalanche

6. Deathstrike

7. Vulcan

BAF: Nimrod

1. Callisto

2. Goblin Queen

3. Trevor Fitzroy

4. Senyaka

5. Apocalypse

6. Mister Sinister

7. Deathbird

Spider-Man

BAF: Dr. Octopus

1. Mysterio

2. Vulture

3. Morlun

4. Scream

5. Lizard

6. Scorpion

7. Calypso

Avengers/General MU

BAF: M'Baku

1. Executioner

2. Killraven

3. Titania

4. Crimson Cowl

5. The Hood

6. Living Lazer

7. Mandarin

BAF: Attuma

1. Wizard

2. Maximus The Mad

3. Graviton

4. Count Nefaria

5. Red Ghost

6. Sin

7. Morgan Le Fay

BAF: Kingpin

1. Typhoid Mary

2. Bullseye

3. Black Swan

4. Tombstone

5. Hela

6. Blackheart

7. Mephisto

@CaptainNash

I'm glad our love for the bad guys has brought you out of the shadows! lol welcome aboard and nice waves, especially your Attuma and M'Baku lists!

Thanks! I have said for the last year if Hasbro just released nothing but villains, X-Men and females for the next few years I would be fine, so it's great to see such support for an area of ML that is sorely lacking.

I'll play.

Executioner - Enchantress needs him at her side plus I am doing a Masters of Evil setup.

Jim Lee Sabertooth - rumored to be coming so I threw him on the list anyways.

Mr. Sinister - If they put out another one. I 'll probably will grab.

Apocalypse - Same as Mr. Sinister.

Dark Phoenix - One was shown at SDCC. Not sure which scale its for. Would make more sense if it was for us.

Avalanche - Would love to see a redo.

Pyro - Same as Avalanche.

Dr. Doom - If they are doing a FF wave then I am sure this one will be included.

Wizard - I would grab him.

Hydro Man - Same as Wizard.

Baron Von Struker - I am surprised Hasbro did not try to work him in.

Mysterio - I am sure one is on his way but we seriously need a redo.

Vulture - Same as Mysterio but would like to have a Hasbro version.

Shocker - Redo needed.

Titania - I would grab her.

The Goblin Queen - I love the Phoenix saga. I feel Inferno wraps it up with Jean finally accepting the PF. GQ would go nice next to Mr. Sinister.

Those are the villains I would grab. I plan on grabbing Kingpin from Ebay. He looks pretty solid so I did not list him and I plan to do the same with The Blob. if they redid him then I imagine he would be a BAF and I would prefer they work on something else. I hope they are doing the X-Men waves the same way they are doing the Spidey waves with them being two or three a year. They could work in Pyro and Avalanche easy. Plus might throw in Toad. I am sure Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister are on their way.

Nice list Dodge, thanks for playing!

With Mr. Sinister being confirmed for the new Wolverine movie (odd...) we might just see a new one sooner rather than later but as I stated in a previous post, the ToyBiz one was so damn good, I'm pretty confident Hasbro will have a hard time topping it.

I mostly agree with most of your redos and Shocker takes the #1 spot for me...I pray every night for the announcement that he will get thrown into the upcoming Jackal series/Wave 7. The last Shocker we got had "action feature" arms...ugh

With regards to Mysterio and Vulture; considering Mysterio came in #3 on last years fan poll (finalists #1, 2 & 4 have all been confirmed) I think there's a 100% chance we will see him in 2017. With Vulture being the main villain of Homecoming, I think there's a 110% chance we will see him next year lol and I can't wait! To that end...I hope we get a classic Tinkerer!!!

For Dark Pheonix, it was my understanding from SDCC that it was shown at 3.75 scale. I'd happily buy her in both scales but it would seem weird that they would repaint her for 6in that quick. My take is she would most certainly be an exclusive if that was the case and I would vote her into my 2017 Walgreens budget with ease. I have a strong hunch that we will see an XMEN box set from EE next year and Hasbro ALWAYS throws in repaints when it comes to box sets so she might be a strong multipack contender.

Really really really hope we get a FF wave which will easily cross off Doom for us and yeah, with the Jnaut wave being the best selling Legends wave to date, I think we should demand NO LESS than two X waves a year. Cmon hasbro...take a second to stop counting all those $100 bills we gave you from Jnaut and make it happen "officially"

Really like your mention of Hydro Man and BARON VON STRUCKER...another sorely missed MCU bad guy and just a long overdue villain in general. Well played sir!

Well you officially made my day MCU as I apparently missed the memo about Shocker being in the movie!!!

This definitely explains the lack of shocker being released and while I 100% agree with you on a comic version, it probably is safe to say we will see the movie costume.

That being said, getting a Vulture, Tinkerer and Shocker next year is a BIG win for villains in my book! BRING IT!!!

Nice list Dodge, thanks for playing!

With Mr. Sinister being confirmed for the new Wolverine movie (odd...) we might just see a new one sooner rather than later but as I stated in a previous post, the ToyBiz one was so damn good, I'm pretty confident Hasbro will have a hard time topping it.

I mostly agree with most of your redos and Shocker takes the #1 spot for me...I pray every night for the announcement that he will get thrown into the upcoming Jackal series/Wave 7. The last Shocker we got had "action feature" arms...ugh

With regards to Mysterio and Vulture; considering Mysterio came in #3 on last years fan poll (finalists #1, 2 & 4 have all been confirmed) I think there's a 100% chance we will see him in 2017. With Vulture being the main villain of Homecoming, I think there's a 110% chance we will see him next year lol and I can't wait! To that end...I hope we get a classic Tinkerer!!!

For Dark Pheonix, it was my understanding from SDCC that it was shown at 3.75 scale. I'd happily buy her in both scales but it would seem weird that they would repaint her for 6in that quick. My take is she would most certainly be an exclusive if that was the case and I would vote her into my 2017 Walgreens budget with ease. I have a strong hunch that we will see an XMEN box set from EE next year and Hasbro ALWAYS throws in repaints when it comes to box sets so she might be a strong multipack contender.

Really really really hope we get a FF wave which will easily cross off Doom for us and yeah, with the Jnaut wave being the best selling Legends wave to date, I think we should demand NO LESS than two X waves a year. Cmon hasbro...take a second to stop counting all those $100 bills we gave you from Jnaut and make it happen "officially"

Really like your mention of Hydro Man and BARON VON STRUCKER...another sorely missed MCU bad guy and just a long overdue villain in general. Well played sir!

Yeah thanks. When I started to collect Legends originally I was not going to collect the bad guys but my feelings changed. Legends just keeps getting better and better. I was not a big fan of Toybiz. When I first saw those back in the day when I was hugely collecting Star Wars figures I thought they looked like crap originally so I did not buy them. I am loving how Hasbro is handling the line and pretty much prefer the new figures over the old. Thats why I prefer redos unless they were done well in the first place, Some of the older Toybiz stuff looks pretty well done like Vulture looks sweet. I have that figure but still would like to see Hasbro's take.

Yeah I'm right there with ya on Star Wars...been faithfully collecting those 3.75 beauties since 1995 when I was a kid and have easily made the transition into the 6in scale in 2013 but then again...kind of a "forced transaction" since they're making like 10 SA 3.75 SW figs a year at this point.

You would definitely be the first marvel collector I've heard of however to think the ToyBiz legends were crap (as in at the time of when they were being released that is) but to each their own of course. Hasbro still can't hold a candle to the ToyBiz days of POA (I understand how some collectors feel there was "too much" POA) and easily, most importantly, the paint apps.

While I easily agree Hasbro has made great strides in creating better body molds (again with less POA, so a pro/con depnding on your articulation taste) and head sculpts (mostly the females more than anything) they still can't hold a candle to the layered, highly detailed paint apps of ToyBiz (plus fewer accessories in most cases) which is a shame since its 2016 last time I checked. Then again, Hasbro is releasing legends by the truckload these days compared to the 3-4 waves we would get a year from TB so I guess they have to cut corners somewhere.

I do miss the glory days of collecting though, 2005-2012 (exception being the dark ages of legends) when you could look forward to 40-60 SA SW, Joe's and MU figs a year (plus the countless sets/exclusives) while legends was on hiatus (for me)

Now, it's the complete opposite lol. Legends are back in black and are dominating the toy aisles along with the new 6in SW format while MU has been reduced to a handful of figs a year by comparison (not counting the loss of POA) and SA 3.75 Joes and SA 3.75 SW have become relegated to store exclusive lines with very limited offerings and prices are just over-inflated across the board for SA 3.75 in general on top of that.

It's sad/interesting to see the shift from 3.75 into 6in (since it would be a stretch to say they are "co-existing) and the only thing left to complete the 6in domination (for me) would be Joes done in a 6in black series format.

I know we all love our marvel figs but a 6in, decked out Joe line would be the best thing Hasbro could ever do for me and NO ONE does bad guys like G.I.Joe! LOL

I guess I should stop vomiting my nostalgia before I turn into an even sadder panda...and no one likes a sad panda.

Bring On The Bad Guy Vol. 8...The Cap Files!

1. MachineSmith

2. Flag-Smasher (he's so lame he's cool)

3. Von Strucker

4. Crossbones

5. Viper/Madame Hydra

6. Dr. Faustus

7. Sin

8. Death Adder

BAF: Hitler (is there a bad guy more symbolic than Adolph for Cap to fight/defeat?)

The answer to your question is "no." Unfortunately, that's also Hasbro's response to the idea of a Hitler action figure lol. It would be pretty awesome though.

@malocchio

Don't be so sure! I mean, Mickey Mouse and Hitler are just on opposite sides of the same coin afterall!

@KiloinNorcal

HELL YES! I would probably buy two of each! Go Joe!

Yea that's true haha. I would also be into a 6" Joe line. I have most of the vintage collection and quite a bit modern era as well.

Yeah I really think 6in is the way to go for Joes at this point. It's not that I won't continue to buy them at 3.75 (I always have and always will) but between the 25th/Modern line that ran 2007-2012, the yearly "50th" mutilpacks we get these days and the awesome figure subscription service, I don't know what else they can release or change up that we don't already have/haven't already been done before.

The 50th packs are almost scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point (not that I don't love them) so I truly think the biggest chance at a new full Joe line and a breath of fresh air for the franchise would be the transition into the 6in.

If they simply upscaled the amazing sculpts, POA, paint and BUTT LOADS of accessories/guns the 3.75 have into 6in, with a Black Series style window box with the classic vintage card work/graphics...I would literally be in heaven...HEAVEN.

The question is...why haven't they done it?

If we take a trip down memory lane to the 2007-2009 25th Anniversary line; that line launched to become the fastest selling toy line in Hasbros history at the time, even outpacing SW for that period. Additionally, if anyone hunted down that line in its ENTIRETY (including the countless exclusives and vehicles) like I did at retail, then you know first hand how difficult it was to have a complete collection when it was all said and done. I hunted that line to the point of nausea and there was still about 15-20 figures that I only ever saw ONCE on the pegs. Also, let's remember that the line launched with zero movies/cartoons/media to tie it in with which is all the more impressive and just overall a true testament to the crazy amount of Joe fans that are out there...which also translates into the success of a yearly batch of 12 figures that get released to the tune of a ridiculous $350 through the sub service lol.

Clearly, the 6in SW Black Series line has done very very well for Hasbro so it really seems like a peanut butter and jelly kind of idea to me. Make it happen Hasbro!!!

Yeah I would be right there with you on 6 inch GiJoe.

If they made a six inch black series Joe line, i'd buy every single one.

I'm totally in for this idea. They even have several molds from ML that could easily translate over to a Joe line to be used while they develop their own sculpts. I would just hope they would be produced & distributed in a manner more like ML than previous Joe lines. You could drive yourself nuts tracking down all the figures in the way they're currently released. And don't even get me started on the Sigma Six distribution.