Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Three Storms's Content

There have been 148 items by Three Storms (Search limited from 22-April 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16375477 Anyone here collect not-so-popular 80's toys?

Posted by Three Storms on 18 August 2007 - 09:08 AM in General Discussion

I collect Tron, Battlestar Galactica (original Mattel stuff), Wheeled Warriors, some Starriors, and I'd like to collect Starcom but there's been a price spike for those things over the past couple of years.

#16370378 The end of YOUTUBE...?

Posted by Three Storms on 05 August 2007 - 07:58 AM in General Discussion

QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 5 2007, 02:00 AM) View Post
so what... is this guy the new Lars Ulrich?

Ironically, the RIAA has gone after Youtube for posting of videos that promote bands like Metallica.

#16365028 LINDSAY LOHAN 'ARRESTED FOR DUI'

Posted by Three Storms on 24 July 2007 - 04:09 PM in General Discussion

Anyone else notice that those who party with Paris Hilton end up in rehab for drugs, alcohol, or both, and end up with criminal records?

#16364816 BWAHAHAHA!

Posted by Three Storms on 24 July 2007 - 07:24 AM in General Discussion

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

I just got to the part where Dobby dies. He annoyed the crap out of me in Chamber of Secrets, but his death was kinda sad. sad.gif

#16364815 Tell the NFL to Suspend Michael Vick!

Posted by Three Storms on 24 July 2007 - 07:22 AM in General Discussion

Innocent until proven guilty. He has a right to a fair trial and not a public conviction and punishment before his trial takes place.

Let the justice system work first, then if he's convicted, start demanding suspensions.

#16363827 G1 custom "reissues" up for sale - not sure where to put this...

Posted by Three Storms on 21 July 2007 - 07:32 AM in What Do You Have To Trade

This go in the trading area.

Your customs aren't bad though.

#16359474 The new 7 wonders of the world

Posted by Three Storms on 11 July 2007 - 07:17 AM in General Discussion

QUOTE(shadowboy_2099 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:13 PM) View Post
1.I took offense because u said it was a CRAP list, meaning, most of those options were junk.Even if Chichen Itza wasn`t in the official list, I`d still be offended because u called crap other monuments who offend italians, hindus, peruvians, etc

2.The Leshan giant, sure it`s impressive,but not as impressive and well crafted as the ancient Colossus of Rhodes. Besides, aztecs built an entire city, not just a huge statue. Again, I wasn`t talking about aztecs, but MAYANS. That`s what chichen itza is about.

3. If the mexican pyramid got more votes,it was because the egyptian pyramid WAS ALREADY A WONDER OF THE WORLD!!! Voting was done to choose the NEW wonders, and the Gizeh pyramids took the honorary place.

4. The PANAMA CANAL!?!? Is kick ass piece of modern engineering, and if that`s the case, let`s toss in the Petronas Towers, the Three Gorges dam which is the largest in the world, the golden gate...

1. It is my opinion that it is a crap list. It is your opinion that is not. Get over it instead of taking cheap shots because I am a mod, as if that has anything to do with my right to have an opinion (it doesn't). Welcome to free speech where everyone has a right to an opinion.

2. The Colossus of Rhodes was a bronze statue with a wood inner frame. The Leshan giant is a massive piece of rock. The Colossus is praised because of the engineering complexity of building a massive statue with two feet touching two cliffsides over a river, which even now is difficult. No one even knows what it looks like, even though there's good speculation. It's the engineering that put it on the list.

3. If the Mexican pyramid got more votes, it was because more people voted for it. Even though I see your point about the redudancy of having the last original of the 7 wonders on the list in the first place.

4. The Panama Canal is a massive piece of engineering greater than any of the original or new 7 wonders. Engineering is what made the originals so unique, and when you look at the original 7 wonders in terms of engineering and architectural achievements, the Panama Canal should definitely be on the list. Artistically, it's plain and boring though, so I have no love for it. It's just that it's scope, complexity, and in the time it was made in without modern equipment that we have now makes it a huge achievement.

#16359025 The new 7 wonders of the world

Posted by Three Storms on 10 July 2007 - 07:44 AM in General Discussion

QUOTE(shadowboy_2099 @ Jul 8 2007, 09:33 PM) View Post
If it was a popularity contest, then a modern monument such as the eiffel tower, or the statue of liberty would have been there. I agree some of them shouldn`t be there, but u can`t comapre the ancient wonders to the "modern" ones, just because there is no more to choose from.
In ur opinion, the aztecs did no better than the egiptyans. Ok, i`ll buy u that, but the buddhist haven`t done any better than aztecs. Anyway, i was talking about mayans, not aztecs.

Being a moderator doesn`t give u the right to be rude.

I wasn't being rude. You only took offense because one of the things I don't see as unnecessary for being on the list is oin your own back yard. It was a popularity contest, for which the public VOTED on it here:

http://www.new7wonders.com/

The voting is over, but it does still say "See the results of the first ever global election." The Eiffel tower and Statue of Liberty were both choices that didn't get enough votes. The Buddhists haven't done any better than the Aztecs? Find me something similar to Leshan Giant or the great wall before you say that. Once again, your preference biases your subjectivity.

http://www.new7wonde...ndex.php?id=633
Do you find it interesting that the Mexican pyramid got more votes than the Egyptian pyramid, knowing the Egyptian pyramids are the originals that came much sooner? It was a loaded poll in which people voted on favorites, not on subjectivity; people just like you who vote for what's in your back yard and what you identify with instead of looking at the big picture.

Does that mean they GAVE them a bunch of choices and let them vote from that??

There were only 21 choices to choose from, and many things that a normal person would assume to be on that list were never there, like the Nazca lines, Leshan giant, etc..

#16358438 The new 7 wonders of the world

Posted by Three Storms on 08 July 2007 - 04:16 PM in General Discussion

QUOTE(shadowboy_2099 @ Jul 8 2007, 02:14 PM) View Post
I`m happy Mexico is there, not just because I`m mexican, but what chichen means as a civilization,. Chichen its not just a pyramid, is a whole city, is mathematic and astronomic knowledge, one of the greatest societies in the post classic period in all america.
So don`t say it`s a crap list when u can offend people. Read a bit before making a statement.

It's a crap list. There I said it again. It's my opinion and you are free to like the list as it is for all I care; I don't. It was based on voting, so it was based on popularity, and misses the spirit of what makes something monumental in the original 7 wonders. Sorry for my bluntness, but you only like the Mexican entry as a Mexican. That biases your subjectivity. What the Aztecs did in 1400 AD is no more impressive than what the Egyptians did in 3500 BC.

Everything on my list is something truely monumental, truely unique, and truely unmistakable.

#16358294 The new 7 wonders of the world

Posted by Three Storms on 08 July 2007 - 10:28 AM in General Discussion

It's a crap list that has more to do with favorites than what makes a monument something truely epic.

Here it is:
Chichén Itzá, Mexico
Christ Redeemer, Brazil
The Great Wall, China
Machu Picchu, Peru
Petra, Jordan
The Roman Colloseum, Italy
The Taj Mahal, India

I think it' lame and misses out on truely significant monuments that aren't far from what made the original 7 wonders so famous.

Here's my list that I think more encompasses the spirit of the originals:
1. Angkor Wat/Angkor Thom, Cambodia
2. Petra, Jordan
3. The Great Wall, China/North Korea/Mongolia
4. The Pantheon, Rome
5. Leshan Giant, largest Buddha statue (232 feet), China
6. Stonehenge, the UK
7. Panama Canal, built by the US/owned by Panama.

Anyone else have a list?

#16357521 Ann Coulter

Posted by Three Storms on 05 July 2007 - 07:35 PM in General Discussion

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 5 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post
Hate bush and conservatives all you want. It's your right and I really couldn't care less. At least do it for clear and valid reasons instead of the reasons the mobs chanted to you like "no war for oil."

If there's one thing I want you to know about me it's I'm my own human being. I think for myself. I never do or say what others are saying.

Now with that aside I will admit Saddam was a bad man. I don't like him. He should have been taken down. But we first should have focused on Osama Bin Laden. He's the one who attacked us. He's the one who attacked the Twin Towers. Saddam didn't. And by us going into Iraq we messed up their economy. Let's see what did they have? Water? Check. Electricity? Check. An economy? Check. No rioting in the streets and destryoing priceless artifacts? Check. So we destroyed what Iraq once had. Now isn't that good recunstruction?

And what about Katrina? Well we really "helped" them. Heckuva job Brownie. They're still in a bit of sticky wicket won't you say? They still have no food. No water. Great way to be isn't it.

And as for Clinton well I won't say he was the best. But I wasn't really around for most of his presidency. I was born in '92. I didn't care much for politics back then. But I csan assure you he probably did better than Bush. But I wouldn't really say Bush is the president. He's more along the lines of Cheney's #$#@#. He's pretty much just there to look after Bush.

The only thing this president has ever done was give me hope that I to, a "C" average person, can be president. And the reason we aren't going into Iran is because we don't have the troops to go into Iran.

There's more to the news than what CBS and CNN tell you.

Bin Laden didn't attack us. Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, aka the "blind sheik" who carried out the 1994 WTC attacks did, and we have him in jail already. He got the info and plans out through liberal American lawyer Lynne Stewart who hated this country so much she colluded with terrorists to do some carnage. She's in jail now too, and she was convicted in 2005 for providing materials to Al Qaeda from the blind sheik. Bin Laden, who got wealthy off of his family business in the US, financed 911.

We did help the people in NO as best as we could. There was more incompetence from the city and state's leaders than the government, because contrary to the lies in the media, Bush had the coast guard and national guard rescuing people from rooftops the very next day. I know because I saw it live for myself. NO can't rebuild properly once again because of Nagin. He's more concerned with getting the tourists back, and has flooded his city not with NO'ers who want jobs to come back to, but illegal aliens, leaving the refugees poor even now. I personally don't see how the media in any good conscience could lie like they did. The day after the storm they had 24-hour live coverage of the coast guard pulling people off of rooftops and flying them to safety. A week later they're attacking Bush as taking days to get there to do anything. soupson.gif They also neglect to mention how large the storm damage was. It wasn't isolated to just New Orleans, and the storm in fact devastated an area the size of Great Britain, which means that there's more than New Orleans to rebuild. Other cities need rebuilding too, and some towns were completely wiped out. New Orleans is like Cindy Sheehan: it became the poster child that the media loved to play on to get it's own agendas across.

On the other hand, New Orleans knew for DECADES that the city's levees would not hold against a major hurricane, and the response of not only Nagin but his predecessors? Pass the buck. They decided it was the Federal government's job to take care of NO, and not NO's or Louisiana's job to take care of NO. Here in San Antonio, which has bad flooding problems to where many floods have created frickin lakes, the city took things into it's own hands and built a massive underground waterway to deal with it. No passing the buck and no crying about it. NO's leadership was just too incompetent to deal with the problem beforehand.

It's easy to cast a favorable light on Clinton because he simply never had to deal with the things Bush has had to deal with.

#16357339 Ann Coulter

Posted by Three Storms on 05 July 2007 - 10:38 AM in General Discussion

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 4 2007, 03:16 PM) View Post
I would die before I vote for a conservative. I always vote liberal. But in actuality I don't think there should be a goverment. Look what having this guy in office has done. It's pretty much seperated us. We've gone into a war for nothing but oil. So I am an anarchist first and liberal second.

Uh.....What I remember is France and the UN going against war because of the oil. They cut deals with Saddam to take cash and oil in exchange for their opposition. The biggest international reason against the war was the destabilizing the world economy due to oil. Looks to me like it was those against the war who wanted the oil.

Besides, Iraq got to keep it's own oil. That's why some democrats and republicans in the early days of the war wanted Iraqi oil to help pay for the cost of the war.

Bush didn't want the oil. He wanted to put an end to a dictator that's been in power for too long and has put over 300,000 people in mass graves. He wanted to prevent Iraq from becoming a nuclear power because the last thing the world needs is another madman leader with nukes (Bush never said Iraq had nukes, and said he wqas trying to develop them, which is true). Too bad liberal oppoosition in congress is preventing us from dealing with Iran even as the leader boasts his desire to bring a nuclear holocaust against Israel and anyone who allies with her (including us). I smell another Pol Pot in the making in which the US turns a blind eye to another problem in the region because of the unpopularity of taking down dictators.

Hate bush and conservatives all you want. It's your right and I really couldn't care less. At least do it for clear and valid reasons instead of the reasons the mobs chanted to you like "no war for oil."

But it ultimately was none of our business what others do in their own countries, rights? They have their own sovereignty that we have no right to violate, right? We're not the world police and shouldn't act like it, right? Wrong. Everyone else comes to America and tells us what the hell to do. We have illegals tying to dictate our laws to us against the will of our own citizens, and were filled with people from all over the world who hate us yet feel compelled to come here and make our lives hell. They tell us what to do based on what offends them and what they want on our own soil, so screw them. It's only fair to tell them what to do on theirs. Our sovereignty gets violated every single day by both legal and illegal people from other countries.

#16356631 Ann Coulter

Posted by Three Storms on 03 July 2007 - 09:32 AM in General Discussion

I like her. I don't agree with her for most of what she says, but I respect her right to say it. Still, there are some things I do agree with her on, like how some widows of 9/11 expploited their losses for political purposes with campaigning for democrats, which was wrong. I also agree with her about Cindy Sheehan exlpoiting her son's death for her own celebrity, which is true. Sheehan didn't raise her son. His father and stepmom did, and Sheehan disowned him after he refused to go AWOL. Sheehan also spent her son's insurance and death money on herself and her "tour" instead of his burial; she let the military bury him for free instead so she could pocket the cash. She also had already met President Bush. She just wanted to do it a second time so she could lynch him when she had the media attention on her.

I am not one of those people who get all hostile over someone saying things I do't like. Let her, Rosie, Rush, and all the other extremists on both ends say as they will.

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 2 2007, 10:21 PM) View Post
I pray to god every night that he strike this women with brest cancer or some other for of cancer(prostate cancer lung cancer cancer cancer). I hate her. I used to read her outrageos statements and go "Ohhh Ann!" and imagine like a cartoon drawing of her to shrug its shoulders and smile as a funny music plays. Then Porky the Pig would come up and go "Th-th-th-that's all folks!" but now I read this and feel like breaking her teeth. I'm not one to promote violence at women but I want to punch her in the throat. I was so happy when Laura Ingram got brest cancer. As sadistic as that sounds I hate her. She is nothing but scum. Her and Coulter. I really hate her. i'm not gonna lie about that. She doesn;t even think about her actions. She talks and cuts people down. She's a mean cold hearted.

That's just wrong. Once again specifics for why you hate her, please. Surely there has to be some justification of substance. Jeez man.

#16356629 I HATE Moving! Hate! Hate!

Posted by Three Storms on 03 July 2007 - 09:28 AM in General Discussion

I LOVE the morning. It's my favorite time of day. The air is cleaner, the temps are cooler, and overall it's just nicer.

#16356224 Ann Coulter

Posted by Three Storms on 02 July 2007 - 06:37 AM in General Discussion

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 1 2007, 05:51 PM) View Post
I don't like her at all. I actually hate her. But I do think ifshe ever spent a week or two with me she would learn some very important things. She would learn respect. She would learn how to control herself. But most importantly Ann would learn how to SHUT. THE. #$##. UP. Even if only for an hour I would teach her the meaning of opinions. Of listening. Of being respectful to others. but most importantly I'd teach her how to SHUT. THE. #$##. UP. So as you can see Ann would learn some important things by spending time with me. And I hope I get the chance to show her what it means to SHUT. THE. #$##. UP!

So what are you trying to say?

guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif

#16355345 Is it racist, to fire somebody for being a...

Posted by Three Storms on 29 June 2007 - 07:13 PM in General Discussion

His remarks hadn't costed them a dime. The season had just ended, so no ratings hit had occurred. Some people complained, the matter was pretty much reserved for the tabloids, he did a public service announcement for the gay groups, and all was forgiven and they were all moving on from it when Disney decided that it wasn't enough and wanted him to pay some more.

#16355258 Is it racist, to fire somebody for being a...

Posted by Three Storms on 29 June 2007 - 03:32 PM in General Discussion

He didn't say anything racist, and if he did, that's no excuse for destroying his livelihood. He just made some anti-gay remarks when one of his castmates pushed him into a fight.

I don't believe in the thought police going around throwing their weight around every time someone gets offended, because if we had a right to persecute someone for how we feel, we'd all be on death row. It's even more ridiculous to know that he, Michael Richards, and Mel Gibson had to get THERAPY for simply using words that others don't like. They're not mentally ill. They're just dumb-asses who said something stupid when they lost their tempers. The ones who are mentally ill are the ones who think people need therapy and need their careers destroyed if you say something they disagree with, and act like they have a right to control what comes out of your mouth. Freedom of speech: accept the bad with the good or get out.

What's the difference between calling someone a racist/homophobic slur and calling someone a f***ing ***hole? It's all hateful just the same. Do I need therapy for yelling "#$#@#" to a woman who cut me off on the freeway yesterday? It was hateful.

He is a good actor, and to throw away his career and slander him as a homophobe for something he said out of anger is wrong. Enough of the mobs telling you what you can or can't say. Nobody cares when athiests offend Christians in the name of intolerance. Nobody cares when Muslims offend everybody in the name of intolerance. Nobody should care when someone screws up and says something stupid like Isiah Washington did.

But it's Disney, the same organization who annually has "gay days" for homosexual couples and their families only. Their tolerance is even lower than what they think Isiah's is.

#16355081 Ann Coulter

Posted by Three Storms on 29 June 2007 - 07:35 AM in General Discussion

What did she say to make you mad?

#16354127 Heres why I HATE the media.

Posted by Three Storms on 27 June 2007 - 08:41 AM in General Discussion

The leftist media does not see crimes against whites the same as they see crimes against non-whites. All people who are not white and straight are automatically assumed to be victims by the left, and any story that contradicts that is buried fast.

#16351782 I got edited!!!

Posted by Three Storms on 21 June 2007 - 05:32 PM in General Discussion

QUOTE(JayC @ Jun 20 2007, 11:12 PM) View Post
Actually we are evil toy dictators and when we get bored we just like to edit posts for fun FIREdevil.gif

Don't tempt me, man. guitar.gif guitar.gif Right now I want to edit his post just to be an ass. guitar.gif guitar.gif tongue.gif

#16351779 New York City pays $29,000 for arresting topless woman

Posted by Three Storms on 21 June 2007 - 05:30 PM in General Discussion

Coccaro, who now goes by the name Phoenix Feeley

Porn star, stripper, prostitute, or model.

#16348983 F4: RotSF Thundercloud rumor

Posted by Three Storms on 14 June 2007 - 05:59 PM in Movies & Television

Galactus is definitely a cloud. I've already spoken to a couple of people who have seen it.

#16348971 Marvel Studios Update

Posted by Three Storms on 14 June 2007 - 05:25 PM in Movies & Television

Captain America, defending America from evil nazis!!!

*to be filmed in Canada

#16345205 Anyone ever have this happen to you?

Posted by Three Storms on 04 June 2007 - 06:12 AM in General Discussion

QUOTE(TomaXamoT @ Jun 3 2007, 10:51 AM) View Post
Yeah, we had that happen on our family comp a few years ago.

1 thing I guess i never really understood, is whats the point of a virus? like is it just some bored virgin in his parents basement that said 'hey, maybe ill mess with a bunch of people and make a virus that creates popups!'?

Pretty much, yes.

They're also used by scumware people to cause pop-up ads to harass you into buying something.

#16344840 Anyone ever have this happen to you?

Posted by Three Storms on 03 June 2007 - 08:46 AM in General Discussion

It probably didn't get removed. Some scumware relocates itself by creating a new folder somewhere else in order to prevent deletion.

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us