Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Do you think psychology would be a good career?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 amazingdm

amazingdm

Just say NO to singer.

• Members
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(RC_rika @ May 3 2007, 01:22 PM) View Post
Psychology is a fascinating subject, and if I go back to school someday, I want to major in psych. I've taken MANY classes, so I know that I like this field. AmazingDM, how can you know that you want to get onto this career path if you've never taken a class on it?? Just wondering..

There are tons of careers out there where you can help others, psychology isn't the only way... unsure.gif

see my first post

#27 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(amazingdm @ Apr 30 2007, 10:29 PM) View Post
Scared of the thought of just having a "job", I really want a career, something I can be good at, be accomplished. I cringe at the thought of moving from one place to another just based on seniority etc.

Anyone have experience with psychology?

I read it before... unsure.gif

#28 amazingdm

amazingdm

Just say NO to singer.

• Members
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

well my point is just that I don't know, which is why i'm inquiring

#29 madman1366

madman1366

your friendly neighborhood lunatic

• Members
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:29 PM

I took psychology in college. At the time, I just took it because nothing else really appealed to me. I don't remember if I needed it to fulfill an elective course or some requirement though.

After the first year I was going to make it my major, but I kinda got sidetracked and never got back to it.

All my life I've been the "go to guy" when friends had problems. I got the idea that maybe I should just start getting paid for what I've always been doing anyway. The only thing I think I ever accomplished was making them feel better for a little while. I'm not sure if there's any more that a pscychologist can do other than that, the rest is up to the person seeking help.

I just can't help but think about what happens when you're tying your best to be a good psychologist and you ARE good, but it seems like you lose more people than you really ever help. That's gotta suck!

You can be one of the best, but if people you try to treat don't want to help themselves then it can REALLY be the kind of job that takes a serious toll on your own mental health.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us