Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

I got edited!!!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Leatusiv

Leatusiv

Imperial Officer

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

I was just looking at an older post from a few weeks ago(In MOTU) and noticed that I was edited.....Has anyone else had this happen to them??

#2 ARROW

ARROW

• Members
  • 7,932 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

Yes, it happens.

The usual reasons are that a poster uses profanity, trolls, or posts a topic something that is unnecessarily redundant.
Since each forum has its own group of moderators, some choose to manage their forums differently than others. Some appear to like to trim the discussions occasionally to make things easier to read thru--but I've seen this to be rare.

If you've got a problem with how your post has been edited, just look at the index for all the forums for the moderators and PM them for an explanation.

#3 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yeppers. But only when I say things like #$## you, eat #$@#, etc.

#4 synch

synch

Energon hunter

• Members
  • 36,553 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:54 AM

or maybe you posted news linked to another site. they don't like that or see a need for it specially if that said news or whatever was posted here first. Can't really blame em for it either since they work hard to bring it to us smile.gif still it would be nice if they let you know why eh ? wink.gif

#5 PhoenixSword

PhoenixSword

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. . .

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

most of the modified posts i've seen do have a little note that says not to what the person did. . . usually swearing, bashing people or sites or companies, scans from a magazine. . . that kinda stuff.

#6 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

Actually we are evil toy dictators and when we get bored we just like to edit posts for fun FIREdevil.gif

#7 scotty26

scotty26

sexys not back, i've been here for a long time!!!

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:59 AM

no it hasn't happened to me but i get yelled at alot LOL

#8 Leatusiv

Leatusiv

Imperial Officer

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

Actually we are evil toy dictators and when we get bored we just like to edit posts for fun

No nothing so glamorous....I was repeating a fun little name for Jitsu from when I was a child.lol

#9 Jase

Jase

Moderator of Fate

• Moderators
  • 8,215 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(scotty26 @ Jun 21 2007, 12:59 AM) View Post
no it hasn't happened to me but i get yelled at alot LOL

Scotty, how many times do I have to tell you to ASK a mod for permission BEFORE you make a post? SHEESH! Now I have to decide if you should be suspended for a week or not. It isn't easy having power......smile2.gif

#10 scotty26

scotty26

sexys not back, i've been here for a long time!!!

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

sorry my bad

#11 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(JayC @ Jun 21 2007, 12:12 AM) View Post
Actually we are evil toy dictators and when we get bored we just like to edit posts for fun FIREdevil.gif

LOL guitar.gif guitar.gif guitar.gif

#12 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(MaceWinduPreview @ Jun 20 2007, 12:46 PM) View Post
Yeppers. But only when I say things like #$## you, eat #$@#, etc.

LMAO I got edited .... he he

#13 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

What was the "little name" you used? It all depends... we have to make sure there's not questionable things on the site. Young kids are on this site, and we have to be careful of them as well. Plus Hasbro and other companies like to look around and make sure we're not doing anything we should be or putting up things that shouldn't be put up... and the like. It's not all fun and games for us... icon_lol.gif

#14 Three Storms

Three Storms

All glory to the hypno-toad!!!

• Moderators
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(JayC @ Jun 20 2007, 11:12 PM) View Post

Don't tempt me, man. guitar.gif guitar.gif Right now I want to edit his post just to be an ass. guitar.gif guitar.gif tongue.gif

#15 PhoenixSword

PhoenixSword

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. . .

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

Young kids are on this site, and we have to be careful of them as well

don't take me wrong but that kinda sounds stupid considering young kids are on the internet as a whole and not just this site and can have access to pretty much anything. plus they probably have and do hear worse things at school or at home. so using them as a reason for mod editing doesn't sound like a justifiable reason to me. now if you would have said you edit immoral posts to keep the site decent in the eyes of adults as well as children it would make sense, but i think the main reason is not to offend anyone (which is pretty freaking hard nowadays) and to keep the toy companies happy. But hey, i'm not a mod now am i?

#16 JoeRhyno

JoeRhyno

Steel

• Admin
  • 10,410 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

But it doesn't have to do with the kids really Phoenix, it has to do with the site and how it's registered, if it's registered as an all ages site, then it has to be suitable for ALL AGES.. if it starts to get a little out of hand.. the company that runs the site can get in trouble and so could JayC.. then again.. I think there's a disclaimer now when you joi,m if you're under 13 you have to have a parents permission or something like that...

#17 Riker

Riker

shubway

• Moderators
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

We usually like to leave notes like these! wink.gif

MOD EDIT

NOT ON THESE BOARDS!

#18 hamsterboy

hamsterboy

Robin

• Members
  • 10,316 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE(JayC @ Jun 20 2007, 11:12 PM) View Post

I knew it!!!!!!!!!! guitar.gif

#19 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:53 AM

my powers are useless in this forum!

*waves hand around like a jedi*

#20 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(Mike @ Jun 22 2007, 01:53 AM) View Post

You and me both

#21 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(Wheeljack35 @ Jun 22 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post

You and me both

You and you and me, THREE. icon_lol.gif

Well maybe I'm the only one who cares if younger kids are on here... I don't want them to see or hear anythign they shouldn't regardless if they see and hear it elsewhere. dry.gif

#22 Leatusiv

Leatusiv

Imperial Officer

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

What was the "little name" you used?

It's in the MOTU forums in the wave 6 staction topic....I was calling Jitsu "Jap Slap"(as my grandad called him when I was a LITTLE KID) Anyway,next thing I know I'm a racist hate monger lol....Fun stuff you should go check it all out.But we're all at peace now.

#23 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Oh I see. Probably shouldn't have posted it, especially again, but then again, I DID ask. lol

#24 Leatusiv

Leatusiv

Imperial Officer

• Members
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

I still think it's funny but I came up with a PC name so everyone would calm down.lol

Person of Asian/Oriental decent endowed with an oversized/enlarged gold plated right hand used for (but not limited too) the action of delivering a quick open handed palm thurst. smile2.gif

#25 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(RC_rika @ Jun 22 2007, 11:03 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Wheeljack35 @ Jun 22 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post

You and me both

You and you and me, THREE. icon_lol.gif

Well maybe I'm the only one who cares if younger kids are on here... I don't want them to see or hear anythign they shouldn't regardless if they see and hear it elsewhere. dry.gif

Girl....How do you not have powers this is your forum

Mike and myself have no powers here because this isn't our forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us