Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Ann Coulter

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 3 2007, 05:36 PM) View Post
Since alot of you seem to be screaming bloody murder at me for a a)a satire post. and b)you think I'm being cold and mean hearted. So if you want to I'll explain. I highly dislike because while people like Savage and Rush have kinda faded into obscurity Coulter still tries to keep her name in the headlines. Wheather it's criticizing the widows of 9/11(which I disagree with)or calling John Edwards she tries to be shocking and outrageous for pretty much the media attention. I didn'tmean most of the stuff I posted in that comment. I was hoping you people would a)see it and think it was satire like I meant. or b)see and...well There is no b in this point. And last I checked this was a forum. I can curse and use foul language to get my point across. That was actually something I used in the comedy club at my school. But what I put here was the PG-13 version. So don't take most of my comments literally. Yes I do dislike Coulter. Yes if she spent time with me she would learn the meaning of respect. She would memorize every single line from Caddyshack. and she would also learn to SHUT. THE. #$##. UP. So like I said take my posts with a grain of salt and a shot of penacilin.

a... Exactly HOW would we have known you were being "satirical"? We don't really know you yet.

b... Not knowing you were being "satirical" or facetious, or just joking for the sake of being shocking, it's pretty easy to understand why we were screaming bloody murder at you. It's great that you're so into politics and are actively voicing an opinion with regards to the things in the world or our society, that you feel so passionately about and it's understood that there are going to be people who are just as passionate about these things from the OTHER side of the issue, that have a different take on these things than you apparently do, but are you this hostile and hateful towards everyone that disagrees with you?

Ann Coulter is making a living by expressing her views on politics. She's not running for office, so she doesn't have to be as diplomatic with her comments and actions. I'm sure she wants respect, and she tip toes too close to the edge of LOSING it, for some of her tirades, but in the end...I think she puts a lot of these spineless, two-faced Liberals in their place, and they of course HATE IT and therefore HATE her.

If she needs to just "SHUT THE F@#K UP", then so should John Stewart, Bill Maher, Al Franken, Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Moore, Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Al Gore and every other Liberal loudmouth on the Left.

These people seem to like to share their opinions also, and do so just as obnoxiously, hatefully and satirically as Coulter. If they go away, then maybe she'll go away. If you just hate RUDE people, then the list is large, as she's hardly at the top of my list.

#27 RockSteady

RockSteady

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 3 2007, 08:02 PM) View Post
QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 3 2007, 05:36 PM) View Post
Since alot of you seem to be screaming bloody murder at me for a a)a satire post. and b)you think I'm being cold and mean hearted. So if you want to I'll explain. I highly dislike because while people like Savage and Rush have kinda faded into obscurity Coulter still tries to keep her name in the headlines. Wheather it's criticizing the widows of 9/11(which I disagree with)or calling John Edwards she tries to be shocking and outrageous for pretty much the media attention. I didn'tmean most of the stuff I posted in that comment. I was hoping you people would a)see it and think it was satire like I meant. or b)see and...well There is no b in this point. And last I checked this was a forum. I can curse and use foul language to get my point across. That was actually something I used in the comedy club at my school. But what I put here was the PG-13 version. So don't take most of my comments literally. Yes I do dislike Coulter. Yes if she spent time with me she would learn the meaning of respect. She would memorize every single line from Caddyshack. and she would also learn to SHUT. THE. #$##. UP. So like I said take my posts with a grain of salt and a shot of penacilin.

a... Exactly HOW would we have known you were being "satirical"? We don't really know you yet.

b... Not knowing you were being "satirical" or facetious, or just joking for the sake of being shocking, it's pretty easy to understand why we were screaming bloody murder at you. It's great that you're so into politics and are actively voicing an opinion with regards to the things in the world or our society, that you feel so passionately about and it's understood that there are going to be people who are just as passionate about these things from the OTHER side of the issue, that have a different take on these things than you apparently do, but are you this hostile and hateful towards everyone that disagrees with you?

Ann Coulter is making a living by expressing her views on politics. She's not running for office, so she doesn't have to be as diplomatic with her comments and actions. I'm sure she wants respect, and she tip toes too close to the edge of LOSING it, for some of her tirades, but in the end...I think she puts a lot of these spineless, two-faced Liberals in their place, and they of course HATE IT and therefore HATE her.

If she needs to just "SHUT THE F@#K UP", then so should John Stewart, Bill Maher, Al Franken, Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Moore, Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Al Gore and every other Liberal loudmouth on the Left.

These people seem to like to share their opinions also, and do so just as obnoxiously, hatefully and satirically as Coulter. If they go away, then maybe she'll go away. If you just hate RUDE people, then the list is large, as she's hardly at the top of my list.

Yes sometimes I think Jon Stewart, Al Franken, bill Maher the whole lot just need to shut it. I don't like the liberal oud mouths. I personally am not a liberal. But I choose to say I am. I'm actually an anarchist but when I tell people they strt biting into me. Therefore I choose to say I'm a liberal. Not as liberal as them but still somewhat liberal. And I assumed you guys would know it's was satrical when I mentioned Porky Pig. I assumed once I mentioned that you wouldn't be able to take it so serious. I'm apoplogize to anyone who was offended. I meant no offense only to say a simple joke. Somethings in there I did mean. Other things were an extremity of what I think. Others are things I would like to do(punching her in the mouth)but would never do. So again to those offended I apologize.

#28 DPrime

DPrime

Please, someone hook me up with a Jammer figure! :)

• Members
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Funny, I didn't even notice this thread when I commented on Coulter in the book thread Phoenix started...

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 1 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post
The funny (or annoying in some cases) THING...about her, is that she ACTS like a liberal in her delivery and hateful, obnoxious mannerisms, but she's verbally spouting off the views of a Conservative...

... As a Conservative, I hear her sometimes and think "daaaamn...she sounds just like one of those left pundit SHRILLS I can't stand" ...

Okay, here's the problem - A LOT of people are just plain a$$holes. The liberals may have been a bit more vocal of late, what with Bush Jr. in power the last several years. That's not a slight against him, just that when a Republican is in power, you're bound to hear more criticism of him/her from Democrats, and vice-versa.

Don't fall for the "us vs. them" mentality, VH. I know that you're too smart to believe the BS some would have you believe that all liberally-minded people are hateful and obnoxious! I mean, c'mon... Some are just jerks, and so are some conservatives (like her).

#29 DPrime

DPrime

• Members
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 3 2007, 05:24 PM) View Post
I'm actually an anarchist but when I tell people they strt biting into me. Therefore I choose to say I'm a liberal. Not as liberal as them but still somewhat liberal.

No offense, but anarchy is something I don't think anyone like the three you mentioned would embrace whatsoever - I'm no expert on the subject but in a sense, it would seem like the most extreme sort of liberalism possible, so to say you're "not as liberal as them", well...

#30 RockSteady

RockSteady

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

I would die before I vote for a conservative. I always vote liberal. But in actuality I don't think there should be a goverment. Look what having this guy in office has done. It's pretty much seperated us. We've gone into a war for nothing but oil. So I am an anarchist first and liberal second.

#31 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(DPrime @ Jul 4 2007, 04:00 PM) View Post
Funny, I didn't even notice this thread when I commented on Coulter in the book thread Phoenix started...

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 1 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post
The funny (or annoying in some cases) THING...about her, is that she ACTS like a liberal in her delivery and hateful, obnoxious mannerisms, but she's verbally spouting off the views of a Conservative...

... As a Conservative, I hear her sometimes and think "daaaamn...she sounds just like one of those left pundit SHRILLS I can't stand" ...

Okay, here's the problem - A LOT of people are just plain a$$holes.

This is true, and I certainly don't deny that they come in all shapes, sizes and political affliations! happy.gif

The liberals may have been a bit more vocal of late, what with Bush Jr. in power the last several years. That's not a slight against him, just that when a Republican is in power, you're bound to hear more criticism of him/her from Democrats, and vice-versa.

I understand that, and agree with it as well. Unfortunately, I'm a firm believer in the assertion that the media is more left leaning and liberal in mentality and therefore "carry the water" of the Democrats during a Republican administration, than the opposite. They can manipulate the mood of an entire country, sugar-coat a possible mistake of a Dem and over BLOW a mistake of a Rep. PRESENTATION of the facts, is all it is and with the libs controlling MOST the media outlets....it's hardly a balanced diet we're getting fed. dry.gif

Like I already mentioned above....they go hard and heavy after Coulter for HER outrageous and obnoxious comments, but barely a word is mentioned about a liberal political pundit mouthing off and being crude about our President and his cabinet. If they DO happen to comment on such a thing, they do so to spread it around, as they agree with it, think it's funny and worth sharing and while acting as though it's over the top, they giggle & snicker like it's STILL just satire, crude as it may have been.

I snicker at the sh@# Coulter says sometimes, because though it may be harsh and obnoxious, it always has a point to it, and it's ALWAYS against the liberal (loudmouths) pundits who are squeaking and sqawking about conservative values.

Don't fall for the "us vs. them" mentality, VH. I know that you're too smart to believe the BS some would have you believe that all liberally-minded people are hateful and obnoxious! I mean, c'mon... Some are just jerks, and so are some conservatives (like her).

No, I don't think ALL liberal-minded people are jerks, evil or hateful. I even have SOME liberal opinions on matters to do with society and such, but for the most part I disagree with them more often than not. That is...if the discussion should turns toward politics. smile.gif Otherwise, it's just normal people, going about our business and our lives. Religion and Politics always has it's touchy subject matter and best not brought up in certain groups. It brings out some heavy passion in some people and then somebody equally passionate about it, but from the OTHER POV...has to chime in and defend.

893USA1-thumb.gif

#32 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 4 2007, 04:16 PM) View Post
I would die before I vote for a conservative. I always vote liberal. But in actuality I don't think there should be a goverment. Look what having this guy in office has done. It's pretty much separated us. We've gone into a war for nothing but oil. So I am an anarchist first and liberal second.

Clinton was a scumbag, do NOTHING President that managed to stir up the beehive in the Middle East, so the NEXT guy could deal with it. I think the parties have been DIVIDED for quite a long time now, not just since Bush took office.

These people (Middle East) have been a nuisance since the Shah of Iran got run out of town (Iran) and we gave him shelter. Read some history books and get a BIGGER picture of the problem we're dealing with over there, before spouting off such rhetoric as "war for oil". rolleyes.gif

Ever since they started broadcasting episodes of Jerry Springer and MTV reality shows over there, they've thought us as being nothing but a bunch of Godless, immoral, infidels, deserving of nothing more than a dull knife to our throats, each and every one of us.

It takes longer to BUILD something, than it does to destroy it. I look at the war as a "rebuilding" process, that's HOPEFULLY going to turn around the MAJORITY of their attitudes (that are negative against us) over there, so we can get back a little of that cocky, self-assured, sense of safety in our own country, void of TERRORIST threats from the Middle East whackjobs. Just like we shouldn't be judging ALL Middle Easterners as "terrorist" or hostile to us Westerners, I'd like to think we can change the minds of those that think us ALL "infidels" and their free ticket to paradise amongst the 72 virgins.....via our extinction.

#33 DPrime

DPrime

• Members
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 4 2007, 02:06 PM) View Post
QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 4 2007, 04:16 PM) View Post
I would die before I vote for a conservative. I always vote liberal. But in actuality I don't think there should be a goverment. Look what having this guy in office has done. It's pretty much separated us. We've gone into a war for nothing but oil. So I am an anarchist first and liberal second.

Clinton was a scumbag, do NOTHING President that managed to stir up the beehive in the Middle East, so the NEXT guy could deal with it. I think the parties have been DIVIDED for quite a long time now, not just since Bush took office.

These people (Middle East) have been a nuisance since the Shah of Iran got run out of town (Iran) and we gave him shelter. Read some history books and get a BIGGER picture of the problem we're dealing with over there, before spouting off such rhetoric as "war for oil". rolleyes.gif

Yep, there's a whole lot more going on there than oil - but I wouldn't say that Clinton stirred up the beehive more than it already was. I mean, Saddam Hussein is at fault 100% for invading a sovereign Kuwait in the first place - if he hadn't done that, there wouldn't have been a war, the US wouldn't have based troops in Saudi Arabia (who were scared they were next), and Bin Laden wouldn't have had that excuse (and it's a big one for Muslims) to bomb the World Trade Centre. Therefore, we wouldn't have gone into Afghanistan, and Bush wouldn't have had the public support to go back into Iraq.

Clinton does deserve some criticism for the way Iraq was handled between the wars (as does the UN), as it certainly wasn't perfect. I don't believe Bush needed to go to war quite as quickly as he did, either. However, if you're going to blame one person, it's Saddam.

Or you could go back even further and criticize the way Britain handled its former colonies as the Empire was being dismantled, but I don't really know too much about the details...

Of course, I believe the real problem is religion - or more specifically, the fact that Islam hasn't really had any sort of reformation the way Christianity did, leading the way for a secularized, liberal Islam that can actually relate to the modern world. In that sense, blame Islam's religious and political leaders around the time of the Crusades (I think - I'm not sure about the specific dates). Prior to then, the Muslim world was actually quite progressive and modern...

#34 Three Storms

Three Storms

All glory to the hypno-toad!!!

• Moderators
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 4 2007, 03:16 PM) View Post
I would die before I vote for a conservative. I always vote liberal. But in actuality I don't think there should be a goverment. Look what having this guy in office has done. It's pretty much seperated us. We've gone into a war for nothing but oil. So I am an anarchist first and liberal second.

Uh.....What I remember is France and the UN going against war because of the oil. They cut deals with Saddam to take cash and oil in exchange for their opposition. The biggest international reason against the war was the destabilizing the world economy due to oil. Looks to me like it was those against the war who wanted the oil.

Besides, Iraq got to keep it's own oil. That's why some democrats and republicans in the early days of the war wanted Iraqi oil to help pay for the cost of the war.

Bush didn't want the oil. He wanted to put an end to a dictator that's been in power for too long and has put over 300,000 people in mass graves. He wanted to prevent Iraq from becoming a nuclear power because the last thing the world needs is another madman leader with nukes (Bush never said Iraq had nukes, and said he wqas trying to develop them, which is true). Too bad liberal oppoosition in congress is preventing us from dealing with Iran even as the leader boasts his desire to bring a nuclear holocaust against Israel and anyone who allies with her (including us). I smell another Pol Pot in the making in which the US turns a blind eye to another problem in the region because of the unpopularity of taking down dictators.

Hate bush and conservatives all you want. It's your right and I really couldn't care less. At least do it for clear and valid reasons instead of the reasons the mobs chanted to you like "no war for oil."

But it ultimately was none of our business what others do in their own countries, rights? They have their own sovereignty that we have no right to violate, right? We're not the world police and shouldn't act like it, right? Wrong. Everyone else comes to America and tells us what the hell to do. We have illegals tying to dictate our laws to us against the will of our own citizens, and were filled with people from all over the world who hate us yet feel compelled to come here and make our lives hell. They tell us what to do based on what offends them and what they want on our own soil, so screw them. It's only fair to tell them what to do on theirs. Our sovereignty gets violated every single day by both legal and illegal people from other countries.

#35 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Three Storms @ Jul 5 2007, 11:38 AM) View Post
Bush didn't want the oil. He wanted to put an end to a dictator that's been in power for too long and has put over 300,000 people in mass graves.

Of course, there will be those that will scoff at the notion of our concern for these 300,000 people, and (as you stated) claim it's none of our business or that we're NOT the "world police" and to an extent, I'd agree with that. I'm not going to pretend to be some major tender heart, all concerned about what some 3rd world dictator is doing in HIS country, to HIS citizens, in the name of THEIR religion. What caused MY concern, was the fact that so much of it was being blamed on the United States.

All the years of imposing sanctions against them (against Hussein) only put more hurtin' on the people of Iraq, and not so much the Dictator and his legions there. Equally frustrating to the effort, was the fact that we had countries like France, Russia and even the UN, undermining the efforts to get Hussein to knock off his BS, by trading with him against the UN ordered sanctions. Hussein suffered NADA!! Only the people over there did, and as they were slaughtered left and right, for going against Hussein, more and more minds were being turned against the U.S. for it. They're suffering was being directly or indirectly blamed on the U.S. 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

Seems like a breeding ground for terrorist and anti-American sentiments, that ultimately leads to years of plotting out attacks like Sept. 11th. No, I'm not saying Hussein in Iraq was responsible for the 9/11 attacks, as that group (al-qaeda and Bin Laden) were already hard into the anti-American sentiments, and much for the same reasons as I cited above.

I don't look at this as a "war for oil", but more of a war of changing perceptions that are AGAINST us. What if Sept. 11th is merely the tip of the iceberg? The FIRST majorly successful attack against us of MANY more to come, unless we do some damage control to our image in the Middle East? Diplomacy lines were severed long ago, and we've sorta buried our heads in the sand over the whole mess and attempted to turn the other cheek.

A mass effort from around the world would have helped immensely, and we thought with the UN we were getting it, but our actions in Iraq have proven otherwise, and yeah, sure, it's caused a riff with the U.S. and these foreign backstabbers, and now it's the charge from the LEFT, that Bush has made a mess of our relationships with these countries. rolleyes.gif That "relationship" was benefiting us, exactly...HOW? Some friends they are huh? We apparently, should have left things alone, and went on with pretending we were all chums...is that it? Now we've made known we're ONTO them, and the chirade's over, and that makes the situation worse? So basically...instead of screwing us behind our backs, they can do it nOW, full front in our faces, the only difference is the warm and fuzzy sensation of getting alone (for pretend) is gone?

I look at it, like a Father and Husband, who has a neighbor fella who doesn't particularly like him very much, in fact, he HATES him with a passion, and blames him for all his shortcomings and troubles in the world. No matter how much he tries to avoid this bitter neighbor, the neighbor just wants to make life HELL for him, because he thinks HIS life is hell.

The wife (of this angry guy) sorta wants there to be peace, but she gets beat on and severely punished for such notions, and the angry guys children are growing up listening to all the BS from their Father about this guy and his family, and now, are taking it out on his children at school. The kids come home everyday in tears because of the torment they're getting from these kids, who think ill of them, only because of what their fathers been telling them, about them.

The (good) Father isn't going to be around forever, and out of concern for the well being of his children, his family and even his reputation around the neighborhood (as the lies go on and on) that's being tarnished by being in the middle of such an annoying soap opera with this guy, he decides to try and change all this. Diplomacy doesn't work with the guy, the police are friends with nutjob and hangout together, and the attempt to approach the children themselves, has caused a big stink as being TOO DIRECT and not something the Father should be undertaking himself, after all...they're just innocent victims of their fathers anger and hostility towards him and his family, it's not their fault, but the hostilities go on and get worse over time, against his children.

Here in America....we can't exactly MOVE! So then what? Hope they pick on somebody else, closer to home...say ISREAL? OH..WAIT! They already are, and they just happen to be friends of ours also.

What a fricken mess!!! sad.gif

Hate bush and conservatives all you want. It's your right and I really couldn't care less. At least do it for clear and valid reasons instead of the reasons the mobs chanted to you like "no war for oil."

Amen to that!

#36 ProckoZero_Prime

ProckoZero_Prime

SERIOUS BIZNESS

• Members
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:39 PM

LOL at anyone who hates on Ann Coulter. She's a carny playing up a character to shill subpar literature.

Really, is there anything more American than being successful at selling snake oil?

#37 RockSteady

RockSteady

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

If there's one thing I want you to know about me it's I'm my own human being. I think for myself. I never do or say what others are saying.

Now with that aside I will admit Saddam was a bad man. I don't like him. He should have been taken down. But we first should have focused on Osama Bin Laden. He's the one who attacked us. He's the one who attacked the Twin Towers. Saddam didn't. And by us going into Iraq we messed up their economy. Let's see what did they have? Water? Check. Electricity? Check. An economy? Check. No rioting in the streets and destryoing priceless artifacts? Check. So we destroyed what Iraq once had. Now isn't that good recunstruction?

And what about Katrina? Well we really "helped" them. Heckuva job Brownie. They're still in a bit of sticky wicket won't you say? They still have no food. No water. Great way to be isn't it.

And as for Clinton well I won't say he was the best. But I wasn't really around for most of his presidency. I was born in '92. I didn't care much for politics back then. But I csan assure you he probably did better than Bush. But I wouldn't really say Bush is the president. He's more along the lines of Cheney's #$#@#. He's pretty much just there to look after Bush.

The only thing this president has ever done was give me hope that I to, a "C" average person, can be president. And the reason we aren't going into Iran is because we don't have the troops to go into Iran.

#38 ProckoZero_Prime

ProckoZero_Prime

SERIOUS BIZNESS

• Members
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:55 PM

Stop using high school politics 101 talking points and try again, plz.

#39 Three Storms

Three Storms

All glory to the hypno-toad!!!

• Moderators
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 5 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post

If there's one thing I want you to know about me it's I'm my own human being. I think for myself. I never do or say what others are saying.

Now with that aside I will admit Saddam was a bad man. I don't like him. He should have been taken down. But we first should have focused on Osama Bin Laden. He's the one who attacked us. He's the one who attacked the Twin Towers. Saddam didn't. And by us going into Iraq we messed up their economy. Let's see what did they have? Water? Check. Electricity? Check. An economy? Check. No rioting in the streets and destryoing priceless artifacts? Check. So we destroyed what Iraq once had. Now isn't that good recunstruction?

And what about Katrina? Well we really "helped" them. Heckuva job Brownie. They're still in a bit of sticky wicket won't you say? They still have no food. No water. Great way to be isn't it.

And as for Clinton well I won't say he was the best. But I wasn't really around for most of his presidency. I was born in '92. I didn't care much for politics back then. But I csan assure you he probably did better than Bush. But I wouldn't really say Bush is the president. He's more along the lines of Cheney's #$#@#. He's pretty much just there to look after Bush.

The only thing this president has ever done was give me hope that I to, a "C" average person, can be president. And the reason we aren't going into Iran is because we don't have the troops to go into Iran.

There's more to the news than what CBS and CNN tell you.

Bin Laden didn't attack us. Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, aka the "blind sheik" who carried out the 1994 WTC attacks did, and we have him in jail already. He got the info and plans out through liberal American lawyer Lynne Stewart who hated this country so much she colluded with terrorists to do some carnage. She's in jail now too, and she was convicted in 2005 for providing materials to Al Qaeda from the blind sheik. Bin Laden, who got wealthy off of his family business in the US, financed 911.

We did help the people in NO as best as we could. There was more incompetence from the city and state's leaders than the government, because contrary to the lies in the media, Bush had the coast guard and national guard rescuing people from rooftops the very next day. I know because I saw it live for myself. NO can't rebuild properly once again because of Nagin. He's more concerned with getting the tourists back, and has flooded his city not with NO'ers who want jobs to come back to, but illegal aliens, leaving the refugees poor even now. I personally don't see how the media in any good conscience could lie like they did. The day after the storm they had 24-hour live coverage of the coast guard pulling people off of rooftops and flying them to safety. A week later they're attacking Bush as taking days to get there to do anything. soupson.gif They also neglect to mention how large the storm damage was. It wasn't isolated to just New Orleans, and the storm in fact devastated an area the size of Great Britain, which means that there's more than New Orleans to rebuild. Other cities need rebuilding too, and some towns were completely wiped out. New Orleans is like Cindy Sheehan: it became the poster child that the media loved to play on to get it's own agendas across.

On the other hand, New Orleans knew for DECADES that the city's levees would not hold against a major hurricane, and the response of not only Nagin but his predecessors? Pass the buck. They decided it was the Federal government's job to take care of NO, and not NO's or Louisiana's job to take care of NO. Here in San Antonio, which has bad flooding problems to where many floods have created frickin lakes, the city took things into it's own hands and built a massive underground waterway to deal with it. No passing the buck and no crying about it. NO's leadership was just too incompetent to deal with the problem beforehand.

It's easy to cast a favorable light on Clinton because he simply never had to deal with the things Bush has had to deal with.

#40 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(Three Storms @ Jul 5 2007, 08:35 PM) View Post
New Orleans knew for DECADES that the city's levees would not hold against a major hurricane, and the response of not only Nagin but his predecessors? Pass the buck. They decided it was the Federal government's job to take care of NO, and not NO's or Louisiana's job to take care of NO. Here in San Antonio, which has bad flooding problems to where many floods have created frickin lakes, the city took things into it's own hands and built a massive underground waterway to deal with it. No passing the buck and no crying about it. NO's leadership was just too incompetent to deal with the problem beforehand.

Exactly! Ray Nagin misappropriated the FUNDS from the Federal Government for securing up those old levees, and it was those very same levees that gave way, that caused MOST of the damage from the hurricane. Katrina was in and out and GONE with some obvious substantial damage in her wake, but the worst of it came in the following days after the levees broke apart. Of course...ask a Black person about it, maybe a couple of hip hop artists or rap singers, and they'll claim the levees were blown up by Bush and his Black hating members in the big evil racist Government! rolleyes.gif

They don't DARE go after Nagin for HIS incompetence, as......well, he's BLACK! Imagine the uproar that would create in light of the race card already being pulled over a hurricane. Nagin didn't use the money allotted to his state to FIX the levees, now he wants MORE money to rebuild the city after the damage.

Our country is at war, so Nagin is going to have to wait, before there's enough money to fix his f@#k up. People of NO...blame your Governor, not the President.

It's easy to cast a favorable light on Clinton because he simply never had to deal with the things Bush has had to deal with.

Clinton never took care of REAL business in all his 8 years! His was too busy trying to relive everything his idol Kennedy did in HIS time in office, everything that is, but get shot in the head. Having affairs, being Mr. charming and stirring up sh@# in Somalia, and then leaving our troops abandoned there, in a haste to get out, before any damage to his rep was done (like Kennedy in the Bay of Pigs). Kosovo was another mess, and what did Clinton do? Arrange for meetings in the oval office to get a blowjob, while the FBI and CIA are busy trying to gather up and interpret information, that was made even painstakenly MORE difficult by the "wall' that Clinton had put up between them, hoping it would make it more difficult for them to uncover some of HIS shenanigans with the secretaries and Whitewater, and instead...open us up to the attacks in New York in '94 and then again in '01.

What a mess to turn over to your predecessor aye? He even has the nerve to point the blame at Bush himself, knowing damn well what hand he had in all of it. That's a real pithy scumbag for ya.

You actually have to CARE about what's going on in the world and in politics to catch these little bits of TRUTH..you won't get on the mainstream liberal slanting news networks. They even assisted in the mess, by focusing their coverage on the blowjob crap, instead of REAL security issues, and then had the gall to blame Conservatives for trying to "GET" Clinton with such silly stuff. rolleyes.gif

When Clinton was President..I think it was the country that was "GOT"!

#41 ProckoZero_Prime

ProckoZero_Prime

SERIOUS BIZNESS

• Members
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:39 PM

You do realize that Nagin escaped much of the blame mostly because of the administration's bungling, right?

It's nice to see that you're still in talking point debates with 14 year old political scientists, VH.

#42 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(ProckoZero_Prime @ Jul 5 2007, 11:39 PM) View Post
You do realize that Nagin escaped much of the blame mostly because of the administration's bungling, right?

I don't realize that at all. What was "bungled" that let Nagin escape owning up to his faults?

It's nice to see that you're still in talking point debates with 14 year old political scientists, VH.

I'm not sure if that's you being disingenuous towards me, or insulting towards our 15 year old newbie Rock Steady for his political comments....or BOTH? soupson.gif

I'd rather offer up an alternative insight into the world of politics to a young person, just learning and trying to understand what's going on in the world, than somebody who has already made up their mind and are informed and set in their position. Rock Steady might just be misinformed or use to being around only a one-sided group of individuals (parents or friends) and not aware of the entire facts or information available out there, to make a better informed decision on an issue.

Somebody like, saaay Nevermore, I know he is into politics and has an opinion on the issues quite different from my own (morel Liberal than myself) and although I like debating this stuff with him, I don't believe for a minute I'm really stating anything he hasn't already heard or that he knows about, he's just looking at it differently than I, and I still respect that, even though I might disagree.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not sure where you're coming from, in your comments. Haven't heard from ya in a while and can't remember if your friend or foe in the political discussions? You don't elaborate much, like with the Nagin comment, requiring of me to ask what your point is? Spit it out, this is a discussion forum not a mind reading session.

#43 Mongoose

Mongoose

Mouser

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 5 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post
Clinton never took care of REAL business in all his 8 years!

I have to disagree with you on this. FEMA, under the Bush Sr. administration was filled by people he liked, people who weren't all that qualified. One of Clinton's first acts was to put people in FEMA who could do the job. FEMA under the Clinton administration started a huge project to predict a hurricane's impact on New Orleans and ways to ready the city. When Bush Jr. came into office, he kicked out the people who knew what they were doing, and like his father, filled FEMA with underqualified friends. These friends decided the NO project wasn't necessary and shut it down, as well as not doing much when the hurricane actually hit.

I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, but he put people who were qualified into important decisions, and sure the President is a powerful man, but he isn't the one making every desicion for every aspect of the government. Most of the time, the rest of the administration is making the everyday decisions that impact us. Bush already tried to put people in the Supreme Court who obviously weren't qualified. The Supreme Courts decisions affect the entire country, and Bush was more concernec about giving him chums a cushy job than the effect it would have on the people.

Part of being a good leader is choosing good people to make the decisions you're not able to make.

#44 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(Mongoose @ Jul 6 2007, 02:40 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 5 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post
Clinton never took care of REAL business in all his 8 years!

I have to disagree with you on this. FEMA, under the Bush Sr. administration was filled by people he liked, people who weren't all that qualified. One of Clinton's first acts was to put people in FEMA who could do the job. FEMA under the Clinton administration started a huge project to predict a hurricane's impact on New Orleans and ways to ready the city.

Read up on the history of FEMA, and you'll find it's been under heavy criticism for a long time, going BACK before Clinton, during Clinton and now even after Clinton. Hurricane Andrew happened during Clintons term and it had just as much criticism towards it, with regards to FEMA's response as what Katrina garnered.

True, Bush Sr. filled a few of the open positions with his selections, and Clinton did the same, as well as Bush Jr. just as it would be for ANY standing President to do when the positions need filled. Experienced people retire and new inexperienced people take their place, and it looks like some of that LACK of knowledge and experience has hurt the department. This happens everywhere, in every type of job though, but this is politics, so it's fair game to blame the President (in office) for EVERYTHING like this, and accuse them of hiring "friends" instead of qualified people.

When Bush Jr. came into office, he kicked out the people who knew what they were doing, and like his father, filled FEMA with under qualified friends. These friends decided the NO project wasn't necessary and shut it down, as well as not doing much when the hurricane actually hit.

Who did Bush Jr. "kick out" exactly? I'm not familiar with this, or know of who he basically would have "fired" in order to replace them with his friends. Did he fire his dad's selections, or just the ones Clinton put there? Would that seem like typical political BS, in order to criticize Bush about FEMA...an organization long under heavy ridicule after EVERY natural disaster or terrorist attack. People blame the police and fire departments just the same way, in how they think they didn't respond fast enough, somebody died or property was lost and it's the police or FD's fault. Somebody or something ELSE is always to blame for our suffering and loss, so we blame the ones hired to help us in crisis, but we don't think it was perfect or enough. Human nature and a crappy one at that.

FEMA representatives have ALWAYS been funny about disaster prone locations, and as far as hurricanes go....they usually try to convince homeowners, that have lost their home due to a hurricane, to RELOCATE before REBUILDING. NO is below sea level, flooding is as much a risk there as any hurricane might be and when you have a governor misappropriating funds for levee reconstruction into something ELSE and then crying about the damage to his city after the waiting disaster finally happens...well, you're not going to get everything you THINK you're entitled to, when wanting to REBUILD.

Nagins a Dem, Bush is a Rep, New Orleans got hit with a hurricane, so for politcal purposes..."IT'S ALL BUSHS FAULT AND HIS FEMA FRIENDS!" rolleyes.gif

I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, but he put people who were qualified into important decisions, and sure the President is a powerful man, but he isn't the one making every desicion for every aspect of the government. Most of the time, the rest of the administration is making the everyday decisions that impact us. Bush already tried to put people in the Supreme Court who obviously weren't qualified. The Supreme Courts decisions affect the entire country, and Bush was more concernec about giving him chums a cushy job than the effect it would have on the people.

Part of being a good leader is choosing good people to make the decisions you're not able to make.

Every President is going to be criticized by the people who are on the other side of the fence politically. Clinton made the WORST bungle in how he dealt with the threat of terrorism, wanted it treated as a law local enforcement issue (NYPD after trade tower attack '94) and put up a "wall" between the CIA and FBI in how they shared information. wtf.gif

No President is perfect, but when you only have your daily, Liberal, NEWS to Tell you what to think of his performance and achievements, your going to find a warm & fuzzy presentation when a Libs in office, over the gloom and doomy one you'll get when it's not.

Right now, Bush couldn't hire the right "qualified" person to extinguish farts in the White House. Somebody from CBS would smell one and report to the country that the dept. of FART security is incompetent. rolleyes.gif Partisan politics is all it is.

Our government is full of democrats and republicans alike, so how come nothing can get done....RIGHT? Our Congress SUCKS and it's all political BS and the citizens of the U.S. are getting SCREWED! I don't trust or respect ANY of them, for letting all this crap go on, just so they can chant NYAH..NYAH..NYAH to the other party, and use that screw up as a podium in which to stand a declare "I WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER!" dry.gif

Work together a$$holes and get this crap FIXED! That's my position. 893USA1-thumb.gif

#45 Mongoose

Mongoose

Mouser

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 6 2007, 03:40 PM) View Post
Who did Bush Jr. "kick out" exactly?

Our government is full of democrats and republicans alike, so how come nothing can get done....RIGHT? Our Congress SUCKS and it's all political BS and the citizens of the U.S. are getting SCREWED! I don't trust or respect ANY of them, for letting all this crap go on, just so they can chant NYAH..NYAH..NYAH to the other party, and use that screw up as a podium in which to stand a declare "I WOULD HAVE DONE BETTER!" dry.gif

Work together a$$holes and get this crap FIXED! That's my position. 893USA1-thumb.gif

Bush kicked out James Lee Witt and replaced him with Joe Allbaugh. From the Wikipedia:
"Witt was mentioned as a potential candidate for Governor of Arkansas in 1997, but took himself out of consideration and stayed at FEMA until he was replaced by Joe Allbaugh, the first appointee of Bush, predecessor to Mike Brown, and then currently R. David Paulison, the illustrious former Fire Chief and Emergency Manager for many years in Miami-Dade County, Florida."

Yes, FEMA always had problems, and I have to give credit to Allbaugh. Even though Bush gave him the job because they were buddies, Allbaugh did tell Bush that budget cuts and making FEMA part of the Department of Homeland Security were seriously wrong moves.

I believe Nagin was partially to blame for the NO aftermath as well. It's been proven that he turned aid away early on in the crises. I'm not throwing the blame on just Bush or just FEMA.

Yes, the government as a whole is full of fools, both Democrat and Republican. I consider myself a pretty strong liberal, but if there's a Republican candidate I think is right, I'll vote for him/her.

You make some good points Viper Hunter, and although I don't agree with some of them, it's nice to be able to discuss these matters without it turning into a war! I appreciate your opinions. Keep them coming!

#46 DPrime

DPrime

• Members
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 3 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

I must have missed this part... Do you REALLY thin John Stewart, Al Gore, and Michael Moore share their opinion with as much HATE as Coulter? I mean, REALLY? I kind of doubt it... Satire, yes, but if that's what Coulter is attempting she's doing a very clumsy job of it.

I don't know so much about the others though... Bill Maher and Al Franken, maybe I could see you make a case for - Rosie certainly. I'm not as familiar with the other two - that is to say, I know who they are but I never watch them.

#47 RockSteady

RockSteady

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:18 PM

Micheal Moore and Al Gore are getting really old for me. I personally am just tired with both parties. I don't support the liberals or the conservatives. I just happen to not like what Bush is doing to America. Bill Maher is just trying to get his point across while at the same time trying to be outrageous by cursing. Fraken never really listened to him. And Jon Stewart I never really found his show that funny.

#48 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(DPrime @ Jul 6 2007, 04:15 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Viper Hunter @ Jul 3 2007, 05:02 PM) View Post

I must have missed this part... Do you REALLY thin John Stewart, Al Gore, and Michael Moore share their opinion with as much HATE as Coulter? I mean, REALLY?

Actually I do...very much so. First of all, we have to get rid of the word "hate" here. They're ALL being sarcastic dicks with their political satire and being insulting and accusing of the opposing party, and they're all saying some really negative and offensive stuff. So while it's easy for the offended party to accuse them of being "hateful" about it, it's all done to garner sympathy for themselves and make the other look foolish and deranged. They're ALL smart asses and think they're brilliant and funny all at the same time.

I'm doing nothing different than what any of THEM do, when I throw those words like "hateful" or "mean-spirited" out there, to describe their rhetoric. If you can't fully understand WHY they think this crazy crap that they do, you have a natural tendency to think it must be due to "hate", and that's all we can figure.

I think they're dislike of President Bush has risen to levels of "hate" at times and they foam at the mouth with it, and say some pretty outrageous things about him, just to try and get others to "SEE WHAT THEY SEE IN HIM". Isn't that all it ever amounts to? They think they've seen the light and the others are just blind to it, and the conspiracy theories and accusations against him, since day one have been repulsive and unfair. I don't know if it's REALLY all about hate, but you have to ownder sometimes?

I even admit that I think Coulter acts like a uppity snob sometimes, but I still think she's funny and on TARGET when discussing some of the crap that some liberals go on about, and she can be just as biting as they are. They just can't handle it, as has been proven time and time again.

I'm mean, just take at look at this whacko, freaking out about the war in Iraq...

"BUSH LIED TO US....HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS!!"

Yet, this is the same bozo who wants to play on OUR "fears" about global warming...

"WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE I TELL YOU, DIE!!"

GLOBAL WARMING IS BUSH MADE...I MEAN MAN MADE!!

What a delusional freak! rolleyes.gif

I support every negative thing Coulter could ever possibly say about idiots like this, and they're free to say whatever they want about her. That's the nature of the beast, when you let unqualified people try and tell the country what THEY think is going on in the government. "talking heads".

#49 RockSteady

RockSteady

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

Actually I do...very much so. First of all, we have to get rid of the word "hate" here. They're ALL being sarcastic dicks with their political satire and being insulting and accusing of the opposing party, and they're all saying some really negative and offensive stuff. So while it's easy for the offended party to accuse them of being "hateful" about it, it's all done to garner sympathy for themselves and make the other look foolish and deranged. They're ALL smart asses and think they're brilliant and funny all at the same time.

I'm doing nothing different than what any of THEM do, when I throw those words like "hateful" or "mean-spirited" out there, to describe their rhetoric. If you can't fully understand WHY they think this crazy crap that they do, you have a natural tendency to think it must be due to "hate", and that's all we can figure.

I think they're dislike of President Bush has risen to levels of "hate" at times and they foam at the mouth with it, and say some pretty outrageous things about him, just to try and get others to "SEE WHAT THEY SEE IN HIM". Isn't that all it ever amounts to? They think they've seen the light and the others are just blind to it, and the conspiracy theories and accusations against him, since day one have been repulsive and unfair. I don't know if it's REALLY all about hate, but you have to ownder sometimes?

I even admit that I think Coulter acts like a uppity snob sometimes, but I still think she's funny and on TARGET when discussing some of the crap that some liberals go on about, and she can be just as biting as they are. They just can't handle it, as has been proven time and time again.

I'm mean, just take at look at this whacko, freaking out about the war in Iraq...

"BUSH LIED TO US....HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS!!"

Yet, this is the same bozo who wants to play on OUR "fears" about global warming...

"WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE I TELL YOU, DIE!!"

GLOBAL WARMING IS BUSH MADE...I MEAN MAN MADE!!

What a delusional freak! rolleyes.gif

I support every negative thing Coulter could ever possibly say about idiots like this, and they're free to say whatever they want about her. That's the nature of the beast, when you let unqualified people try and tell the country what THEY think is going on in the government. "talking heads".

I do think global warming exsists. And I do think Al Gore is a ****. But that aside. I won't blame Bush for global warming. Like I said I don't support either parties. I do vote liberal occsionally. But I usually like the 3rd party. But back to global warming. That wasn't caused by Bush. Globabl warming was caused by man's uncaring attitude at the ozone layer. It was caused by us emitting toxic fumes. Now we're regretting it. But Gore just takes it to the limit. I wouldn't say he's delsional. I wouldn't say he's a freak. But I will admit that he does pray on America's fear about global warming. But then again America is one nation odf fear.

Also another thing. I no longer consider myself American. I consider myself 100% British. I don't care if you call me unpatriotic I hate America. We're a messed up place with messed up people. We're pumping out people like Coulter,Foley,Moore,Kerry. But Britian isn't. So now I'm fully British.

And I wouldn't consider Stewart a hateful person. Just a repetitive person.lan

Edited by Bespin refugee, 09 July 2007 - 12:44 AM.
language

#50 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE(RockSteady @ Jul 7 2007, 12:51 AM) View Post
I do think global warming exsists.

Of course it does, and it warms up from time to time with the increase of solar activity by the sun, and cools down again with a little less. Does some pollution in the air make this NATURAL increase in the Suns solar activity a little worse in some places that has a lot of it? Yeah, I think it probably does, and I'm all FOR controlling pollution.

Do I buy the bull hype that folks like Al Gore is spewing out about it, and to the deadly degree he wants us to think it's at? ummmm....NO! He's a reject, with a new purpose in life, God Bless the little moron anyway.

Globabl warming was caused by man's uncaring attitude at the ozone layer. It was caused by us emitting toxic fumes. Now we're regretting it.

The ozone layer has a hole in it, about the size of a basketball (according to scientists) and it's been that way since Science was able to discover it, and they (the scientists) claim it was likely caused by the highly toxic fumes put in the atmosphere by the Earths volcanoes erupting millions of years ago. No man made source of pollution has been able to equal that. Doesn't mean we have to TRY either, but just sayin'! wink.gif

Also another thing. I no longer consider myself American. I consider myself 100% British. I don't care if you call me unpatriotic I hate America. We're a messed up place with messed up people. We're pumping out people like Coulter,Foley,Moore,Kerry. But Britian isn't. So now I'm fully British.

Hey, you can consider yourself fully kumquat or whatever, just so long as you don't blow anything AMERICAN up...in retaliation or something. Know what I'm sayin'? wink.gif

893USA1-thumb.gif God Bless the U.S.A.! WE need it! (as you all can see)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us