Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Tell the NFL to Suspend Michael Vick!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainGridIron

CaptainGridIron

DHARMA INITIATIVE

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

I had to send this, I'm very disgusted being a dog owner my whole life:

http://getactive.pet...afalcons_vick_2

and

http://www.petitiono...ned.cgi?mvick07

#2 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:05 AM

If he plays he will be singled out by other platers and they will get shots in on him

Fans will hate him more than they do Bonds

He should be suspended I wonder what the team will do though?

#3 PhoenixSword

PhoenixSword

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. . .

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

i don't see how him abusing animals should make his football carrier suffer directly. i mean, jailing him for a certain amount of time or fining him or w/e the penalty is for this kind of thing should be done and if it has an effect on his carrier then so be it. but why suspend him instead of having the actual penalty for this be enforced? its not like he's doing anything that would hamper or improve his ability to play, unless you count jail time. if a guy working at walmart had to pay a fine for mistreating his animal, or appear before court, its not like they'd fire him. and if he was put in prison then he wouldn't be able to work anyway.

#4 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(PhoenixSword @ Jul 20 2007, 03:41 PM) View Post
i don't see how him abusing animals should make his football carrier suffer directly. i mean, jailing him for a certain amount of time or fining him or w/e the penalty is for this kind of thing should be done and if it has an effect on his carrier then so be it. but why suspend him instead of having the actual penalty for this be enforced? its not like he's doing anything that would hamper or improve his ability to play, unless you count jail time. if a guy working at walmart had to pay a fine for mistreating his animal, or appear before court, its not like they'd fire him. and if he was put in prison then he wouldn't be able to work anyway.

the NFL has to suspend him because of the public relations nightmare that it is.

You can't bill yourself as a family sport and then have one of your more popular players sanctioning dog fights and being charged with multiple felonies.

Micheal Vick was a mediocre quarterback and a semi talented runner, but beyond that, HE WILL NOT BE MISSED..

HIM PLAYING WILL DO MORE HARM THEN GOOD TO THE NFL

#5 Starscream49

Starscream49

99% of toy collectors make the rest of us look like nerds.

• Members
  • 16,072 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

how about we wait til he found guilty.

#6 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:58 AM

Because in the court of opinions he is guilty until proved innocent

#7 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

In the court of common sense, Vick is guilty.

He is a dog killer and a brutal coward...

#8 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

There was a comic in yesterdays USA Today showing him reading "Old Yeller" and saying it had a happy ending

#9 Starscream49

Starscream49

• Members
  • 16,072 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:02 AM

Ok fine, in the court of public opinion he is guilty, but you should probably wait before you affect a mans livelihood. In my opinion he is guilty too but I dont think he should be punished on any front until every thing is said and done.

#10 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Starscream49 @ Jul 22 2007, 03:02 AM) View Post
Ok fine, in the court of public opinion he is guilty, but you should probably wait before you affect a mans livelihood. In my opinion he is guilty too but I dont think he should be punished on any front until every thing is said and done.

that could work, I understand..

but consider this scenario

Vick plays the season, has an awesome season, breaks a record or two, takes his team to the superbowl and wins the MVP

Then right after the pro bowl, he is convicted of his crimes....

Do you think the NFL wants that to play out?

#11 Starscream49

Starscream49

• Members
  • 16,072 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

No I dont really think thats what the NFL wants. However imagine suspending him, the Falcons make trades to get a qb, they still suck, then at the end of it all Vick really as involved as people think.

Now Vick lost about 5 million dollars, and entire city sat through a garbage season, and the team is set back an entire year if not longer.

Bottom line is this is not work related so work should not have a part until he is found innocent or guilty.

#12 The Thing

The Thing

The Autumn Wind

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

I'd just throw him into a cage with a few rabid pit bulls. FIREdevil.gif

#13 Starscream49

Starscream49

• Members
  • 16,072 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

Since he hasn't won a Superbowl shouldn't we execute him?

#14 Three Storms

Three Storms

All glory to the hypno-toad!!!

• Moderators
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

Innocent until proven guilty. He has a right to a fair trial and not a public conviction and punishment before his trial takes place.

Let the justice system work first, then if he's convicted, start demanding suspensions.

#15 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 07:49 AM

I am saving this thread to my favorites and then revist it after the trial is over.

I wonder if my opinions will change, if others will... it will be interesting either way.

#16 cajunthief

cajunthief

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:12 AM

Considering what information has been released to the press, it's incredibly hard NOT to have an opinion on this topic. It may be in the best interest for the Falcons not to have him out there. Can you imagine what it would be like playing away games? Security would have to be tripled.

#17 SKARAPZ

SKARAPZ

Pround Member of Annihilation!!

• Members
  • 16,645 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(Starscream49 @ Jul 23 2007, 06:51 PM) View Post
Bottom line is this is not work related so work should not have a part until he is found innocent or guilty.

Vick is guilty, but yes he has a right to a fair trial. But to say this isnt work related isnt all true. When not playing football outside of the times on the field you should always be at your best behavior in the community. He is looked upon as a role model or mentor whether he likes it or not. Now this has all come out, which is a PR nightmare for the nfl. So while not on the job happenings, it still affects the Job.

On a personal note, i Hope him and all three men are found guilty and put away for a long time. Stupid shits like this is why "Pit Bulls" (not their real names) are banned in some cities. Ignorant law making people assume these animals are born evil, and that isnt true it's stupid people like Vick and his cohorts who raise them to be vicious.

#18 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

for those that thought he was innocent, check this out

http://sports.aol.co...820145009990001

and please don't bother giving the old "well, he had no choice b/c everyone was turning on him and blah blah blah cuz OJ took it to trial and beat it... Vick plead b/c he was guilty, the evidence was more then overwhelming and he is a scumbag

#19 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(Starscream49 @ Jul 23 2007, 06:51 PM) View Post
No I dont really think thats what the NFL wants. However imagine suspending him, the Falcons make trades to get a qb, they still suck, then at the end of it all Vick really as involved as people think.

Now Vick lost about 5 million dollars, and entire city sat through a garbage season, and the team is set back an entire year if not longer.

Despite what today's "athletes" would tell ya, they ARE role models. Controversy like this, will likely cast a negative blanket over the Falcons football team, fair or not, and that would be even WORSE if they turn a blind eye to the issue and just let him play regardless of a final verdict on his role or participation in it, because they would rather win football games with a criminal than lose without one.

The name of the game NOWADAYS is what kind of damage can this issue do to the franchise and it's merchandising, as far as sponsors, advertisements, ticket sales and media backlash against the franchise will put a hurtin' on all that for sure. He's guilty already, it just has to go thru the motions and give defense attorneys some time to figure out if there's any loop holes they can come up with and find a way to reduce his punishment and damage to his career for being a POS to begin with. Maybe they can bring it down to a "sort of guilty" final verdict, but he's definitely guilty of being involved in this stupid sh@#. How MUCH so, will be for the lawyers to finagle with and plea bargain over. dry.gif

If Vick is the WHOLE team, that's pretty bad already and if he IS that valuable and good, he still has to be just as responsible and behave himself like anyone else is expected to. Super stardom status shouldn't award a "get out of jail free" card, no more than a "race card" should get someone out of a hole they've dug themselves into either.

#20 Starscream49

Starscream49

• Members
  • 16,072 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

Guess it doesnt matter now. He isnt playing for at LEAST this year smile.gif

#21 MaceWinduPreview

MaceWinduPreview

AKA Thurman Merman....

• Members
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:07 AM

he needs to go away forever.

#22 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:21 PM

This is wrong... He really should be kicked out of NFL as a whole. Found guilty or not, they should get rid of that POS. He PLEADED guilty, and that's all I needed to hear. I HAD hoped he wasn't involved or other people were just dragging him down, whatever, b/c I love football, and it's sad to see what alot of the athletes are getting into nowadays.
But if he actually did this to poor, innocent animals, may God have mercy on him! sad.gif

#23 Viper Hunter

Viper Hunter

MAN OF ACTION!

• Members
  • 15,652 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

We'll see what some major PR reconstruction does for him over the next year or two? I'm totally against this kind of treatment to animals (dogs in particular) but I'm no tree huggin' liberal type that's a member of PETA either. dry.gif

What he was doing is WRONG and worthy of some serious repercussions for it.

That said however, if the guy does right and manages his PR properly and gives a good show of REAL remorse about it, I'm a forgiving individual on something like this. Of course, I'd like to see Pete Rose finally forgiven for his gambling addictions and show of poor judgement over it, which (IMO) is a lesser offense than what was being done to these dogs, but that's probably just me.

I don't like the idea of life long sentences over such offenses and if he does his "time" makes right and makes amends for it, I'd have no objection to his returning to the football field at some appropriate time in the future.

#24 Ccav

Ccav

Fools!!!

• Members
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:22 PM

how is he not guilty, becuase a hammer hasnt come down?

his home was raided, dead dogs, papers written by him joking at some of the dogs tortured to death techniques.
The Guy is a huge POS, who needs to never step on a Football field again, and if he does, my kids nor my younger reletives will
never watch a NFL game ever again.

My kids role Models will not be Dog killers and Felony Convicted Criminials.
If you want your Role Models like that fine, why dont you also go and tell your kids to look up
to Saddam, sure he hurt some people... but he was a good leader of his country / hippocracy.

#25 Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35

Not the chosen one

• Moderators
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

I would of felt the same way VH if it weren't for him and his buddies killing 8 dogs....actually murdering them

Anyways I found this and wanted to share

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us