Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

3.75 collections thread.

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

#26 Sizemore77

Sizemore77

Cardassian

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

It really all depends on what you are looking for. The XMWO one is more of a comic book look and the one I prefer. The marvel universe looks just like he did on the cartoon Spiderman and his amazing friends and is my son's favorite. The XMWO is shorter and since Bobby Drake is supposed to be like 5'9 or so I believe I like it because the MU one uses the Black Spiderman body and is taller than most other figures.

#27 SheriffofCoffeeTown

SheriffofCoffeeTown

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

Updated display.

#28 psychojr

psychojr

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Sizemore77 @ Aug 30 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really all depends on what you are looking for. The XMWO one is more of a comic book look and the one I prefer. The marvel universe looks just like he did on the cartoon Spiderman and his amazing friends and is my son's favorite. The XMWO is shorter and since Bobby Drake is supposed to be like 5'9 or so I believe I like it because the MU one uses the Black Spiderman body and is taller than most other figures.

i guess ill get the spiderman and friends iceman then. thanks for the info.

#29 thedevilsdue06

thedevilsdue06

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:57 AM

I reached my 100th marvel 3.75 figure today. Thought I'd post updated pics of my collection.

Attached Files

#30 lionfireshg

lionfireshg

Cardassian

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:07 AM

i like the xmow ice man more. he looks cooler i think. also the shiny sabretooth is a toys r us exclusive. he came with the wolvie on the bike in a deluxe pack. there are always tons of them at every toys r us i go to.

#31 PlayItLoud

PlayItLoud

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

Wow looking at all your collections is very impressive, here's what I have so far (I have a few more unopened ones and still debating which Iceman to put out there, once I learn a lot from your displays on those cool action poses, I'll repost the pic, I added the Sentinel BAF since thats the only BAF I have left in my ML collection

#32 lionfireshg

lionfireshg

Cardassian

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

i love that sentinal. makes me wish i collected those figs back then.

#33 robb

robb

Romulan

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

This is some of mine. You can say it is action but it is how I have them displayed for now.

#34 ClauseRose

ClauseRose

Romulan

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (robb @ Sep 12 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is some of mine. You can say it is action but it is how I have them displayed for now.

Where do you get the flying base strut piece things?

#35 robb

robb

Romulan

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

It is the stands that came with the super hero show down figs.

#36 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

Finally got shelves for may MOC collection in my den. I buy the SW and 3-pks too, but don't display them.

#37 lionfireshg

lionfireshg

Cardassian

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:46 AM

you dont open em?

#38 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

I really enjoy the artwork on the single cards. I've opened some 3-pks and I expect to open the SW 2-pks, especially when my son gets a bit older. The stuff I've opened is on my desk at work. These shelves here are at home.

#39 lionfireshg

lionfireshg

Cardassian

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

oh, i get it. the art is also on the card that comes in the box though. im not sure if you have opened any of them, so i thought i should let you know. (besides the 3-packs you opened)

#40 Robogeek28

Robogeek28

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:46 AM

Here's my stuff,

I picked up more stuff yesterday so this isn't current, but it's still good for now.

#41 lionfireshg

lionfireshg

Cardassian

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

the watcher is a great size. same with galactus!

#42 NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

Nice display everyone. I'll try to post my collection later when I find my camera.

I was wondering though, where do you guys get those clear plastic circle stands? I think I like those more than the black rectangular one that we're now getting with wave 6.

#43 robb

robb

Romulan

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

This where I get mine: http://www.collectin...CFU8M2godFHnO1g
They have some of the fastest shipping I have dealt with.

#44 NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:01 PM

Thanks robb. I'm assuming that the ones for "newer figures" is the one that will fit on the Marvel Universe figures?

#45 robb

robb

Romulan

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

Yeah it is the one first listed .

#46 yenmaster

yenmaster

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

I received the set of Series 2 MU and so far this is my favorite wave. I've opened 3 of them (Wolverine, Spider Man HOM & Jean Grey) and will open the rest later tonight. I was happy that they have nice paint applications. The stands are nice too. Here's some of my thoughts on this wave as well as some images.

I have to agree with most of the posts that the Wolverine head is not very good, so I'll probably be replacing it with a different Logan head. He has individual claw blades, not the 1-piece from XMOW figures. The yellow parts of the uniform have orange highlights. I've always liked these uniforms and will probably make a Gambit, Banshee & Forge when I find extra Wolverines at retail. (Johnny Storm body would probably be better for the Gambit, so I'm glad there's a bunch still peg warming at my local stores.

The House of M Spider Man is a nicer-than-expected figure, too. (Though mine had paint boo-boo on the left eye; the only figure with misapplied paint out of what I got) I really like the web backpack accessory, which you can see his camera, sneaker, and shirt sleeve sticking out through the webbing. You have to pop the head off to get the pack on, so it fits nicely. It's a repaint of the Black Costume Spider Man, so it's taller than the regular Spider Man, though the backpack fits on the other Spideys, as well. Uniform paint app was well done and I like the really big eyes. He also has standard web line accessory.

Jean Grey
is also a very nice figure, but the head is not very poseable due to the hair and the shoulder pads. The shoulder pads are like MU "Ultimate" Iron Man: they swivel up and down. The "psi" accessory is not held or clipped on, it has a hole that you slide the left hand into but it fits very tight. I think this is a must-own for any X-men 3 collector and is a great companion figure to SW or MLS Cyclops. I'm glad the neck is not like the promo images, but head movement is still very restricted.
I've found a lot of helpful information on MU figures in these forums so I hope some of you find this information useful as well.

#47 robb

robb

Romulan

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the pics and welcome to the boards.

#48 Icemaniscool

Icemaniscool

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

I lost my Silver Surfer :(. I still have his board oddly enough.

#49 Icemaniscool

Icemaniscool

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

#50 yenmaster

yenmaster

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Some more pics of the newest Series 2 Figures:

Warpath has a holster on the back of his belt which can hold one of the 2 knives. These knives fit nicely in each hand. The silver parts of the uniform are metallic silver and different than the X-Force Wolverine's uniform. Still an excellent figure.

The Vision did not come with any accessories and the cape is very soft. I've read some posts about how the abdomen should also be green, but it's still a very nice figure. The face is a very dark red. I hope they also make an Avengers white Vision, hopefully a 2-pack with Scarlet Witch. The Ultron figure will be a nice addition.

Sunfire is my favorite figure in this wave. The white lines on the uniform do not bleed over the red and the flame highlights on the forearms and calves look great. A well painted figure. Comes with the same hand flame accessory as Human Torch. I was thinking of getting a GI Joe Movie unmasked Storm Shadow to make an unmasked Sunfire. Great addition to an X-men collection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us