Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

MyFace

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#26 RodimusVTS

RodimusVTS

Vortious

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (pooda @ Jun 7 2010, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Riddick @ Jun 7 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again it's awesome seeing faces with you guys because I consider you my friends. It's a pity that we all live so far away because it would be fun hanging out! Imagine all of us going on figure hunts together haha.

i agree. I've often wondered what some of you guys look like, but I must say....none of us seem to look like the stereotypical fanboys. Warspectre...with your permission, I'd like to base my next custom tough guy after you....You look like you could be UFC material, bro!

QUOTE (Warspectre @ Jun 5 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the helmet is similar to what i envision "Warspectre" wearing(with shaded face with one glowing blue eye and one red)

What powers does a "Warspectre" have?

Looking back over the pics you're right none of us are the losers that popular culture usually equates w/ our hobby (ie the fil 40yr old virgin). Too be honest though I expected as much, and yes Riddick I think it'd be awesome if we could all go hunting together, and then we'd all go back to one of our houses and play the game my 12 yr old son, and I came up with for these 4 inch figure lines.

#27 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

I totally agree Pooda! Most people think of comic book fans and action figures as guys that can't get girlfriends are live with their parents until they are 40. We've all pretty much crapped on that stupid stereotype! I remember when I was buying the 150 dollar Millenium falcon playset and the cashier and people in line said ''what ever kid your getting that for is real lucky'' and I said ''I'm getting that for myself'' and they were so suprised haha. I guess people expect you to be wearing a pocket protector and glasses with zits all over your face haha.

That game you and your children play Rod sounds awesome, I remember you talking about it.

#28 UltimateAlliance

UltimateAlliance

Mouser

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Attached File  tilt_045.jpg   538.6KB   20 downloads

I usually never do anything like this, but you guys inspired me... so I went to the bathroom and took a kissy face picture for u all... haha... dont take it the wrong way ; )

anyway, I'm 22 years old, and live in Queens, NY. I don't have any pics of my car, but i drive a VW GTI... just traded in my jetta for it. I don't currently have a gf, but there is someone really special in my life which hopefully one day will be, and more. Other than im probably an even bigger sports junkie. I live and breathe sports. I was a 4 year varsity pitcher in high school... there you go... another stereotype debunked... jock and comic book nerd... all in one...

I read the board everyday, and i dont wanna sound corny, but because of that, everyone here has become a part of my life... Its nice to see faces put to usernames...
congratulations on the babies guys... they look great... my best friend actually just had a son last week.

#29 feihong

feihong

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:24 AM

I know what you mean. When the board was inaccessible for me for a couple of days I really missed coming here.

"Most people think of comic book fans and action figures as guys that can't get girlfriends are live with their parents until they are 40. We've all pretty much crapped on that stupid stereotype!"

Now just hold on there, Riddick. I'm certain that in the next 8 years I can still qualify for at least one of those stereotypes.

Maybe people are extra vapid in L.A. (I think actually they are), but I think collecting anything at all is enough to rule you out of the dating pool around here. I have in fact had quite a few girlfriends over the years, but none of those especially courageous individuals could really tolerate my various collecting habits. I've been single since I started to collect these toys last year. Now that had more to do with my girlfriend not accepting that I needed to go back to school and study art than it did any horror she may have felt when gazing upon my fledgling toy collection, but I have been out a date since then, and I have to say, I'm a little nervous about what some girl might think if she were to see my place now. Stuffed wall-to-wall with foreign film posters, books, DVDs, and over a hundred comic book figures covering the front of two DVD shelves. It might frighten this hypothetical girl all the more that I would not only know the names of every character depicted, but that I would know stories about them, their origins, their histories...as if they were real, or of consequence.

Actually--funny story--I had a girl over for the night once, and in the morning I woke up early and looked something up in a book from my library. She woke up and saw me reading to myself, and she was so offended to see me reading that she gathered up her things and left without a word! She got into a car accident at the base of the hill I live on, to boot. We've come a certain, strange distance in the modern world when people find it offensive to see you reading a book in their presence. I've had people think I was eccentric, or even downright creepy, just for my book collection.

Of course, nowadays, with all the movies coming out this summer being based on comic books, having some of that comic book knowledge gets you quite a long way with people in SoCal. Regular people don't know that Iron Man is the most famous alcoholic character in comics, or that whole storylines centered around his drinking problems. Revealing that information to them just enraptures them. Dunno where this leaves my discourse. I'm just rambling now. Anyways, people, keep posting on this thread! Nice to see new faces here, and link them to names and previous conversations. Larger sense of the world, and all. It's great to learn something about your lives, and you guys all seem very cool.

#30 RodimusVTS

RodimusVTS

Vortious

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:45 AM

Feihong don't worry you'll find someone eventually who'll accept you for you. As for her being offended that you were reading a book while she was asleep...um Wow I think she must have some serious problems anyway. Your better off.

I sit over here at my pc, and read comics, and chat with you guys all the time while my wife watches her talk shows, and what not on the tv right next to my pc from across the room, and she never gets offended. She knows that there are far, far worse things I could be doing w/ my time, and money.

Hey Riddick I can't wait to get my shed set up w/ my displays so I can post pics of what the battle field will look like when playing the game. I have an old pic that I posted a while ago but that was on the rug, and they were all slouched over, and leaning up against things, but this time I'll be using stands for them.

#31 ClauseRose

ClauseRose

Romulan

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:31 AM

If interested, go on over to my facebook and see some of my work I have posted. I have very little up because I have a crappy camera, but I do have the first page of the comic I made for my Comic Book class.

Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/CuSidhe

#32 Longshot

Longshot

Captain Cold

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

Blurry shot from last night. The angry look is because of that crappy Multiple Man figure.

#33 crowncoke

crowncoke

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

Pics... i really dont feel like breaking a camera. (if you really want to look me up i am on facebook - Lance Crownover)

What to say about me? I am a hair's breath from 40 (actually 1 1/2 yrs). I am married and we have 4 kids between us (youngest is 17 and graduates next year). I work HR Staffing for a Bank in Nashville and live 1 hr north in Clarksville (up by Kentucky border). I am 5 9 and overweight (was pushing 300 but have changed diet and started to be slightly more active).

I play video games (when i can get to a pc or system that is not hogged by my sons), I collect and customize action figures, I write fan fictions, I read (whatever i can find that seems interesting), and I surf the net for comic/toy/game related items that i can put into my fan fics.

#34 xjose90x

xjose90x

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Here's some pics of me, my wife and my kids!Also old random pics.
Attached File  jammies_2.bmp   159.44KB   6 downloadsAttached File  eprx3q.jpg   19.04KB   27 downloadsAttached File  hahha.jpg   69.26KB   17 downloadsAttached File  hhn1.jpg   28.55KB   46 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0507.JPG   69.89KB   25 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0607.JPG   86.8KB   6 downloadsAttached File  DSCF0296.jpg   82.69KB   54 downloads

#35 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

I hope the kids weren't around when you hung out with that clown, xjose. laugh.gif

Poltergeist & It were enough to scar me for life *shivers*

#36 xjose90x

xjose90x

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:31 PM

Haha, no the kids definitely weren't around, I was like 15 there...man I miss those muscles, lol it's funny what changes when you start a family.

#37 Warspectre

Warspectre

Captain Superstrong

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (pooda @ Jun 7 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Riddick @ Jun 7 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again it's awesome seeing faces with you guys because I consider you my friends. It's a pity that we all live so far away because it would be fun hanging out! Imagine all of us going on figure hunts together haha.

i agree. I've often wondered what some of you guys look like, but I must say....none of us seem to look like the stereotypical fanboys. Warspectre...with your permission, I'd like to base my next custom tough guy after you....You look like you could be UFC material, bro!

QUOTE (Warspectre @ Jun 5 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the helmet is similar to what i envision "Warspectre" wearing(with shaded face with one glowing blue eye and one red)

What powers does a "Warspectre" have?

Powers:Super strength(77 tons).../Berserk rage strength(class 100 +)
Durability, enhanced speed, Energy/strength drain(touch)-uses it to 'heal'
and Can physically affect/fight ghosts and other intangible beings, due to 'soul power'

#38 dherrera

dherrera

Mouser

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

http://i1016.photobu...6435_376950.jpg

Here's a pic of me with my girlfriend, My Name is Daniel Herrera I'm 28 Years Old and i live in Monterrey Mexico.

#39 Brymstone

Brymstone

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

Here's a shot of me with my partner in crime... my son.
Attached File  daveaiden.jpg   678.84KB   21 downloads
Real name is Dave I'm 36 I have a lovely wife who tolerates my hobby, if she only knew the money I really spent on it...I'd really be in trouble. I have two wonderful kids an almost 4 yr old and a 4 mon old.
Here is everyone at my daughters Christening.
Attached File  christ.jpg   57.57KB   14 downloads
I have collected action figs since the mid 80's started with Masters of the Universe went into Toybiz Marvel. Picked up Marvel Legends like a shot when it came out. After Hasbro took over and the quality declined I stopped with the legends. I also collect Pixar Cars with my son and Heroclix. I have a smattering of other toys that interest me but MU, Cars and Heroclix are my main 3.

#40 Warspectre

Warspectre

Captain Superstrong

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

I did this a couple of years ago...lolAttached File  Thor.jpg   241.8KB   24 downloads

#41 Brymstone

Brymstone

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:48 AM

Nice...you should do it again with the promo art from the movie.

#42 TaliesinCrow

TaliesinCrow

Andorian

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

well seeing as I'm the new guy, guess I should show my face too.

Oh yeah, I play in a band. XD

#43 gatormarinediaz

gatormarinediaz

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Nice band pics!

Here's me and the wife just before going out to a fancy French restaurant (I swear I don't normally dress like this!!)

Me and my wonderful little girl, Dixie (she was rescued as pup from a dogfighting scene)

This is from a couple years ago when I was still in the service

Comic-con '09

And my 21st birthday, back in 08

#44 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

I didn't think this thread would like this long. Well, I'm really bored. Stuck out of town on business and since the majority of the people here are of similar age and what not. He's me, married, one kid, working on more:

#45 Warspectre

Warspectre

Captain Superstrong

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

Its all good!
p.s. I am 33, and I still live at home with my parents! when the movie "the 40 year old virgin" came out we all laughed at me because the situation was familiar! minus the 'virgin' part...unless it can "grow back"...lol
Ive always worked for my father*...until recently...now i have a new job and feel like i'm starting over...which is interesting...
anyway...I can laugh at those who scoff at my situation...I am having enough fun...enjoying myself...my future plans are to: live , laugh, and learn...just like its always been.

#46 TaliesinCrow

TaliesinCrow

Andorian

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

WOW Gator, you dont look old enough to be married let alone have served in the military. (much respect for you on that one)

I'm 37 with 4 daughters under my belt. Ages 17, 11, 6, and 3. I have been customizing since around 93-94. I started with Super Powers customs, moved over to DC animated style, and Total Justice styles. Around 05 I started making G.I. Joe new sculpt customs, moving over to 25th style in 07. After completing all joes that I wanted made in 25th style I started making Marvel Legends Showdown customs, which has now evolved into Marvel Universe customs.

Also Goldbug will tell you that I have a curse, that usually when I make a figure it is announced as a figure in an upcoming wave shortly after I post the custom. :D

#47 spacemonkey

spacemonkey

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

Me and my girl........

#48 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (spacemonkey @ Jun 27 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me and my girl........

Well, we know you have good taste in hobbies, girls, and music! laugh.gif

#49 spacemonkey

spacemonkey

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Ha...you should see her fixed up and some of her modeling pics.....

#50 TheMan

TheMan

Mouser

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

Here is me. I am recently married and just turned, no kids yet. Just turned 30. Me and the wife are huge movie buffs and like to travel.
Attached File  rob1.jpg   39.75KB   14 downloads
Attached File  rob2.jpg   59.84KB   28 downloads
Attached File  rob3.jpg   35.41KB   4 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us