Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

MyFace

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#51 feihong

feihong

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:25 AM

Dude, where's that enormous Hulk from?

#52 feihong

feihong

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Also, to Warspectre--I hear ya, man. I live with my folks still as well. Turning 32 in a few days. And likewise, I've worked for--and sometimes with--my parents in a variety of jobs. There's definitely a lot of pressure in Los Angeles to have your own apartment--ironic, since the rents here are close to what they are in Manhattan, and the pay scale for jobs isn't commensurate--but it doesn't get me down. I always figured living close to my family was something that I would do anyway. Not sure what the big deal is--where did living alone become more of a social symbol than an economic situation? Why do people insist on getting this huge distance from their families? For myself, I love being close by my parents and my sister. I feel like this "get away and get your own apartment" thing is a really postmodern social drive, abstract and a little bit senseless.

Well, whatever. My rant is over. I tell you one, thing, though; when I eventually move out, via marriage or other financial independence, I doubt I'll be able to afford to collect any more figures. And that will be a shame. This collection is starting to get really lively.

#53 TheMan

TheMan

Mouser

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

Hulk use to be at the Marvel shop in Universal Studios Hollywood

#54 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (feihong @ Jun 28 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, to Warspectre--I hear ya, man. I live with my folks still as well. Turning 32 in a few days. And likewise, I've worked for--and sometimes with--my parents in a variety of jobs. There's definitely a lot of pressure in Los Angeles to have your own apartment--ironic, since the rents here are close to what they are in Manhattan, and the pay scale for jobs isn't commensurate--but it doesn't get me down. I always figured living close to my family was something that I would do anyway. Not sure what the big deal is--where did living alone become more of a social symbol than an economic situation? Why do people insist on getting this huge distance from their families? For myself, I love being close by my parents and my sister. I feel like this "get away and get your own apartment" thing is a really postmodern social drive, abstract and a little bit senseless.

Well, whatever. My rant is over. I tell you one, thing, though; when I eventually move out, via marriage or other financial independence, I doubt I'll be able to afford to collect any more figures. And that will be a shame. This collection is starting to get really lively.

I totally agree about the family! I bought a house that is literally a thousand feet or so from my grand parents home. I've lived with them more then I lived with my parents so it just felt right. I have to be near my family or I'd freak out haha. I didn't move out until a few years ago myself. I saved alot of money living with them and the main reason I moved out was I got a great deal on my house because the owners just had it built and couldn't afford it.

#55 crowncoke

crowncoke

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (TaliesinCrow @ Jun 26 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well seeing as I'm the new guy, guess I should show my face too.

Oh yeah, I play in a band. XD

I saw pics similar to these years ago and figured he was edgey and harsh and when I met him... he was soft spoken and professional. Talk about the image not fitting the personality. TC is one of those people that is a blast to sit and talk with and listen to.

Just dont go making any short jokes... leave those to Dan over on JC!

#56 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

Those band pics look awesome TaliesinCrow!

#57 SKull

SKull

Andorian

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hey all
I know i am more a lurker the talker But i do love all the customs i see here and currently
enjoying the MU line
I am 36 married 2 kids (the Boy as we call him will be 8 in a month and or daughter is 9 months old)
Me and the girl on the beach in NC

Halloween Me zombie Punisher Wife Zombie Wasp

Zoe with her Favorite toy

My son and me (in back row) last year at great adventure (my brother in law is in the front)

#58 hellion

hellion

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (TaliesinCrow @ Jun 26 2010, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well seeing as I'm the new guy, guess I should show my face too.

Oh yeah, I play in a band. XD

your band wouldnt happened to be danzig?

#59 ClauseRose

ClauseRose

Romulan

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

I was going to guess WASP...

Blackie

#60 TaliesinCrow

TaliesinCrow

Andorian

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

Thanks CC, yeah the image I portray onstage is just for fun. I really am laid back. And hellion, although I have been told many times that I should start a Danzig tribute band and should be Glen because I am the same height and resemble him alot. Funny thing, My Wife has a HUGE thing for Glen Danzig, and I'm pretty sure my resemblance had something to do with us hooking up LOL!

Skull, Do you live in NC or were you just there on vacation?

#61 SKull

SKull

Andorian

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (TaliesinCrow @ Jun 28 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks CC, yeah the image I portray onstage is just for fun. I really am laid back. And hellion, although I have been told many times that I should start a Danzig tribute band and should be Glen because I am the same height and resemble him alot. Funny thing, My Wife has a HUGE thing for Glen Danzig, and I'm pretty sure my resemblance had something to do with us hooking up LOL!

Skull, Do you live in NC or were you just there on vacation?

I live in NYC we were Just there on vacation We rented a house on the outer bank its very beautiful out there

#62 melkor08

melkor08

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

taliesincrow you look awesome on stage when do you fight gen x or apocalypse ;) and skull loved the zombie pics you to looked great i hope i find a girl like that cute kids to loved the baby with her hydra fig

#63 Warspectre

Warspectre

Captain Superstrong

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (feihong @ Jun 28 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Summed up quite nicely, my friend!

#64 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

100 years ago, it wasn't uncommon for families to stay together their whole lives. A man might own a farm and have children to help him work it. A lot of times the children would just build a house very close by and raise their own family when they grew up, eventually taking care of their parents when they got old.
In many countries, having an extended family is still the norm. Nowadays, I've noticed a lot of people get jobs in another city and very rarely see their parents and siblings. I think it's sad, although I can understand the need for independence and a career that they enjoy.
I lived on my own in my twenties, my personality did not mesh with my controlling parents and I needed my freedom. However, as I was approaching 30, a romantic relationship ended and I briefly moved back in with my parents. Soon after, my Mom got cancer and later had a quadruple bypass, and I stuck around. Eventually, we all got comfortable with the living arrangement (I wasn't trying to prove anything anymore). My job keeps me away from home a good chunk of the week which gives us a breather from one another, but I honestly can't see myself moving out. My Dad is 82 and my Mom is 73, THEY don't want me to leave...and let's face it, no one has ever loved me as much as them.
Sure, dating has been tough, and I often worry about how I'll get on without them because I'm so emotionally connected to them now, but they are at an age that if I move out, something could happen and I'd just have to move right back in. I don't see the point. We're happy.
The only thing that makes us sad is that my sister and her family live in Florida and we wish we could see them more. smile.gif

#65 LUCKYDUBE

LUCKYDUBE

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:29 AM

This is me at a house party in L.A. believe it or not Miley Cyrus was like 15 feet in front of me when this pic was taken. The broad cant sing to save her life.
Attached File  L.A._Trip_155.JPG   284.63KB   18 downloads

Notice Mel in the back?
Attached File  L.A._Trip_1.jpg   296.11KB   39 downloads

My girlfriend friends wedding.
Attached File  L.A._Trip_4.jpg   174.78KB   16 downloads

Me at Universal Studios where I saw the entire wave 6 of MU figs at a comic fig store near where this photo was taken, at $12.99 I passed on them not knowing I would never see them again. Got Jean Grey on ebay for $25 bucks kicking myself in the ars.

Me at the beach, not to far from where I live. My house is about 200 yards away from the ocean. I love the ocean and anything Marvel especially MU figs, I guess you can say I'm a marvelous beach bum.

By the way I'm not Indian or Mexican, I'm Hawaiian, German and Portuguese. Some people in L.A. thought I was Indian (no wonder all the Indian girls were checking me out) and some people tried to speak to me in spanish I was like wtf????

#66 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:49 PM

That's me.

Attached Files

#67 melkor08

melkor08

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

whoops meant a.i.m fig skull i think i just lost some marvel street cred!!

#68 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

I don't get much time to post on here but I always like these getting to know you threads so since its my boards I'll throw up some pics to.

Me getting ready for a halloween themed 10k race last October
Attached File  Me.jpg   93.16KB   78 downloadsAttached File  Me2.jpg   69.56KB   67 downloads

And my car
Attached File  My_Car.jpg   66.29KB   45 downloads

#69 TaliesinCrow

TaliesinCrow

Andorian

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

SWEET Shield and mask.... and the car is nice too :D

#70 gpmartin414

gpmartin414

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

I keep meaning to post in this forum, but forget. I'll have to get pics off my digital camera -- including me with Spider-Man in Times Square!

Seriously.

#71 Warspectre

Warspectre

Captain Superstrong

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Chazwinski @ Jun 30 2010, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
100 years ago, it wasn't uncommon for families to stay together their whole lives. A man might own a farm and have children to help him work it. A lot of times the children would just build a house very close by and raise their own family when they grew up, eventually taking care of their parents when they got old.
In many countries, having an extended family is still the norm. Nowadays, I've noticed a lot of people get jobs in another city and very rarely see their parents and siblings. I think it's sad, although I can understand the need for independence and a career that they enjoy.
I lived on my own in my twenties, my personality did not mesh with my controlling parents and I needed my freedom. However, as I was approaching 30, a romantic relationship ended and I briefly moved back in with my parents. Soon after, my Mom got cancer and later had a quadruple bypass, and I stuck around. Eventually, we all got comfortable with the living arrangement (I wasn't trying to prove anything anymore). My job keeps me away from home a good chunk of the week which gives us a breather from one another, but I honestly can't see myself moving out. My Dad is 82 and my Mom is 73, THEY don't want me to leave...and let's face it, no one has ever loved me as much as them.
Sure, dating has been tough, and I often worry about how I'll get on without them because I'm so emotionally connected to them now, but they are at an age that if I move out, something could happen and I'd just have to move right back in. I don't see the point. We're happy.
The only thing that makes us sad is that my sister and her family live in Florida and we wish we could see them more. smile.gif

sounds good! my mom had quintuple bypass surgery 2 years ago...so i know exactly what your talking about...on just about every point you made!

#72 Warspectre

Warspectre

Captain Superstrong

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (melkor08 @ Jun 30 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whoops meant a.i.m fig skull i think i just lost some marvel street cred!!

lol!
was it lack of knowledge or brain fart...because i think "brain fart" is forgivable...lol.

#73 crayons

crayons

Andorian

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

hey guys.....from one marvel fan to the next .id like to think marvelous news . com is a family

and im a baby in this forum network.....but i think this may be a good outlet ... anyone interested in music .i have a band called detroit pony express ......you can find my face on my myspace im dug .i love marvel comics . i love action figs and this is my page myspace.com/thedetroitponyexpress

if you get a hankering for new music check it out ......let me know what you think...but yeah thats a part of me that i would like to share..why not...

ps . hasbro should make a maggott figure with eany & miney

thaks guys and i also love negative feed back if you think we suckk...

#74 TaliesinCrow

TaliesinCrow

Andorian

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (crayons @ Jul 4 2010, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey guys.....from one marvel fan to the next .id like to think marvelous news . com is a family

and im a baby in this forum network.....but i think this may be a good outlet ... anyone interested in music .i have a band called detroit pony express ......you can find my face on my myspace im dug .i love marvel comics . i love action figs and this is my page myspace.com/thedetroitponyexpress

if you get a hankering for new music check it out ......let me know what you think...but yeah thats a part of me that i would like to share..why not...

ps . hasbro should make a maggott figure with eany & miney

thaks guys and i also love negative feed back if you think we suckk...

Just checked out your band and I gotta say I am impressed. I think I could definately get into your music.

#75 Longshot

Longshot

Captain Cold

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Haha, that's pretty cool that PushYouDown is the lead singer of Weezer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us