Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

New Sinister Six Pack set revealed

or same figures new paint/box

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

@Ddhawkins

Looks like we can find common ground afterall lol. I for one think the set is great. Is it just a bunch of repacks? Sure. Is it overpriced? Sure. Do I already have all of these characters? Yup. However I collect the line in its entirety and the box nostalgia really speaks to me lol.

Furthermore, for a set that me, Ddhawkins and maybe like one other person on here that didn't feel like it was the biggest piece of crap they'd ever seen...it did sell out pretty fast lol. For anyone that still wants the set, I wouldn't worry too much as Amazon is pretty great about restocking things. Time will tell though I suppose.

Lastly, for anyone that thinks buying this set will just result in more lame releases moving forward...my answer to that is-do you even collect the line? We all know that Hasbro has dropped focus on SA 3.75 in favor of doubling down on 6in (better margins) and Hasbro is making WAY too much money with their 6in legends for that to change anytime soon. Yes, the Vintage Collection is returning for SW SA 3.75 but that does NOT mean that MU 3.75 is magically going to do a 180 and become a real focus again. Also, in case anybody doesn't know, more collectors collect SW 3.75 than ANY other 3.75 line by a SIGNIFICANT margin. There's also the fact that SW 3.75 was already a line adored, adopted and widely collected by fans for over 30 years before MU 3.75 even existed...

Now the return of TVC for SW is the greatest toy news I've heard, period, in the last 5 years but in not naive and hopefully other SW SA 3.75 collectors aren't either with regards to what this "actually means" going forward; the line in returning in spring 2018 sure, but it's not going back to 65+ figures a year (most of which were new) and we won't be seeing a return of the VAST amount of vehicles, box sets, exclusives, etc. The line will most likely straddle 30 figures a year at best and be mostly (if not all) relegated to simple single carded releases. They will be split between repacks from the previous TVC/Black Series and new figures-my guess is a ratio of 50/50 on that but hopefully I'm wrong! I am NOT complaining by any means, just having a realistic mindset for what's to come is all.

#27 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

I agree that to draw parallels between this line and Star Wars is foolhardy, but this isn't doing us any favors.  Feeding nostalgia with overpriced repacks versus new product is a dick move, in my opinion.  Perhaps, it's a this or nothing situation in terms of releasing the product at all- but Hasbro has stated, at least in reference to GI Joe, that budget considers any alteration or change to a figure as a "new figure".  So, if that applies here, Hasbro has provided us with 7 "new" figures.  Are these among 7 new figures any of us would actually want?

Also, as far as the sellout, the Hall of Armor sold out 2 or 3 times, so I imagine this will be back in stock in short order, to echo Saboteur's sentiment.

#28 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

@cobrasaboteur87
Mate I was being a dick before. Can't wait to get my hands on that spider set. I'm loving the paint jobs on em.
It's good to c Star Wars getting some love back. I've flirted with collecting a phew of those figures. I havnt got many but I'm glad the new films will get some quality figures not just a phew exclusives. Most of my Star Wars figures are from the expanded universe. They did brilliant comic packs to go along with Star Wars legacy. If u havnt read it, it's worth a look.

#29 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

I'd love for the new TVC to get back into EU/Legends, but it seems doubtful

#30 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

Well,

As much of a overpriced set I felt this is,

I'm still kinda glad it sold out.

I'm sure it'll restock a few times,

but with them selling and enough people like a couple folks here picking it up till it sold out...

I hope it should show that quality figures in this scale being neglected is them leaving money on the table to some decision makers at Hasbro (and maybe mattel)

#31 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

Well that escalated quickly. I cannot believe they sold out. They had to seriously under-produce these compared to previous exclusives. Normally I'd be pissed that I missed something, but I can't bring myself to feel it with these. At least by not going on clearance it's proven that 3.75" SA still has a market.

#32 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Well as far as TVC2 getting into EU, I'm sure the new line will be occasionally peppered with some EU figs as the previous TVC line did along with just about every years line before that (going back to the 30th Anniversary Collection I believe anyway)

The old comic 2packs that dominated the 30th/Legacy Collection days were by far the best source of EU figs (to echoe Ddhawkins sentiment) but it's highly doubtful those will be returning. Those were all, for the most part, amazing figures and having every single damn pack they ever released is one of my more fond aspects of my SW collection.

However, thanks to the concerted effort of the EU/Legends extremists that are once again hijacking the fans choice poll through ballot stuffing and botting...I'm sure the "winner" of the poll that just closed will undoubtedly be Ben Skywalker. I LOVE EU but my god is Ben Skywalker a boring character imo and more importantly, based on most photos/artist renderings of him...he is gonna make for one hell of a boring looking figure. I wanted Yak Face to win but it looks like that's not going to happen.

#33 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

FYI, Amazon has the set up again and it's in-stock as well.

#34 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

I pre ordered mine in early April late March just got a thing in yestersay that both sets were in stock

#35 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

I may grab one if they're still in stock when I get paid again, but I'm still having a hard time justifying that $80 price tag.

#36 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

It's awesome. Wen it folds out its massive!

Attached Files

#37 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

Yeah it is pretty neat. The figures even look better than I thought they would based on the photos as some of the new paint apps are decent.

#38 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:00 AM

Yer they r pretty eye catching. The whole thing is a lot of fun. The packaging is awesome, I'm sure if they started to release single carded figures in that old toy biz style the mums and dads would b pick em up for the kids. And maybe get a new generation interested in 3.75 figures. To get 6 variants in one pack is brill.

#39 mtutick

mtutick

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

Amazon has RAISED the price on this to 99.99.   What the hell?!

#40 jschadt

jschadt

Andorian

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

Just saw that!!! Was thinking about it... but now maybe not

#41 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

Is that the price from Amazon or is it the price from an "Amazon partner?"

#42 jschadt

jschadt

Andorian

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

No... it's through them. I'll wait and hope the price drops back down

#43 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Question for the customizers out there. Is there any way to remove the painted leopard print bands on Kraven's biceps without screwing up the flesh coloring on the plastic?

#44 jschadt

jschadt

Andorian

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

A Q-tip with a little Goof Off...

#45 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

A Q-tip with a little Goof Off...

Thank you

#46 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

$119.99 sold by ToyWiz. Amazon must have burned through their stock finally.

#47 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

Well damn. I was planning to grab another one this weekend if they stayed in the $30-40 range. Oh well.

#48 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

Well damn. I was planning to grab another one this weekend if they stayed in the $30-40 range. Oh well.

Maybe Toywiz and other spots bought all the Amazon clearance stock and raised the prices.

Ah well, I never bought it and Ok with missing thos one.... now that Revolutions set I PRAY I can get my hands on retail from HTS.

#49 Mangar

Mangar

Andorian

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

Amazon deal of the day today for $14.99!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3YPW5G

#50 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

Grabbed one. I’m glad I waited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us