Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

This SDCC Convention Pack looks bad Ass and Includes ROM etc..

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

http://ew.com/news/t...sover-mega-set/

c2984as00_hasbrou_12.jpg?w=669

c2984as00_hasbrou_02.jpg?w=669

c2984as00_hasbrou_04.jpg?w=669

#2 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

revolution-comic-crossover-preview-mega-

#3 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

#4 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

ROM!!!!!

anybody who pays attention to my Most Wants list Knows this one has been a Most wanted Obscure figures of mine forever.

#5 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

I had maybe one or two of these as a kid and regretted not getting more into this line... another on this list for my to get now that it's happening.

the Box set is a win win, for me. 

#6 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

Okay, is this 3.75" scale??  If so, how much?  Man, I really need it for Rom, if this is actually in MU scale.  But it will probably be almost impossible to get for near list price via the internet.

Yes, I am really excited about this. :)

#7 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

3.75 SCALE from the looks of the re used bucks and the size of Jetfire compared to them.

the set is 99.99 I think I read somewhere?
if so that's a great price all things considered for this set of toys

Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $99.99/Available at Booth #3329 at Comic-Con International in San Diego)

shot, a amazing deal when you realize that Jetfire is worth about 35-40 retail with the older one going for up to 50-60  bucks by himself nowadays. (if not more) So price wise suggested retail for this set is a bargain comparatively speaking. (the scalpers I'm sure will be in full force for this one)[/i][/size][/font][/b]

#8 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hasbro-Revolution-SDCC-Set-1.jpg

#9 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:34 PM

I was sooooo close to being able to skip F5 day, but noooo. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

#10 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

I was sooooo close to being able to skip F5 day, but noooo. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

100x this for truth......

#11 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

What? Matt Trakker is black now? Quit raping my childhood!!!

Srsly tho. Good for him. I don't really care.

This set is cool. Will buy.

#12 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

The writer of the new MASK comic, Brandon Easton just asked IDW if he could change Matt to be black so the black guy could be the main character instead of a sidekick. They said okay since nothing about Matt Tracker was race based. 

We got the classic version already so this is some nice modern synergy. 

#13 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

I didn't notice at first that the set also includes some Micronauts figurines.   Cool!  That actually gives me some more characters for my Marvel collection.  (There was a Micronauts Marvel comic in the 70's and 80's, which is where the character of Captain Universe is from.)  Specifically, the characters of Acroyear, Biotron, and Baron Karza.  Unfortunately, I am still missing over half of the Micronauts from the comics: Bug (with his trusty rocket lance), Arcturus Rann, Marionette, Microtron, and from later in the series, Huntarr.  (Huntarr made his debut in an issue that had Nightcrawler as a guest star -- the first comic I had ever read with the X-men in it.)

So that SDCC set is even cooler for me.  Wish me luck in being able to actually score a set from hasbrotoyshop!

#14 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

I didn't notice at first that the set also includes some Micronauts figurines.   Cool!  That actually gives me some more characters for my Marvel collection.  (There was a Micronauts Marvel comic in the 70's and 80's, which is where the character of Captain Universe is from.)  Specifically, the characters of Acroyear, Biotron, and Baron Karza.  Unfortunately, I am still missing over half of the Micronauts from the comics: Bug (with his trusty rocket lance), Arcturus Rann, Marionette, Microtron, and from later in the series, Huntarr.  (Huntarr made his debut in an issue that had Nightcrawler as a guest star -- the first comic I had ever read with the X-men in it.)

So that SDCC set is even cooler for me.  Wish me luck in being able to actually score a set from hasbrotoyshop!

After noticing ROM was in the set, Bug was the first thing I looked for. Sad that he's not in the set, but it's really hard for me to complain about this one. It's really well done.

Good luck. Good luck to us all. Hopefully they realize that this has cross-over appeal to a large variety of collectors and they produced enough.

#15 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

I hope so,
Resellers are no joke,
Transformers fans are serious,
GI Joe Fans are serious,
Rom and Micronauts go so well with MU collectors that we may be serious for these too,
(Must have Rom!! Been asking for him for years and many told me it would be impossible for them to ever make one)

And so many of these 80's licenses come with their own fanbases.

I know I want virtually each of these figures in the 1/18th collectible scales....

I already have this Jetfire (favorite Toy from the 80's G1 line)
but having another isn't a bad thing for me either.

I pray they made enough (and the right amount) so people don't need to pay much more than 100 bucks asking price plus shipping and tax (where applicable) to get these.

#16 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

dragonkings, I have to admit, after reading this thread, I checked an older one with our lists of " 10 dream characters that probably won't get made," and Rom was in fact number one on your list. :)    (He was on my list, too, tied with a couple other characters for the #11 runner-up spot.)

​I really hope that Hasbro doesn't base the quantity for this exclusive on the sales from last year's "Collector's Vault."

​And, yeah, here's wishing all of us luck in scoring a set at list price!

#17 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

😂
Yeah thanks for noticing,
I been asking for Rom WAY before that also going back to when Vonner was still in charge And ML was still trying to make a comeback.
But to be fair I always thought he was probably a pipe dream too.

Here's to hoping they make these easily available.

Maybe if these are TRULY previews toys then Maybe we will get these individually released later in their own lines with expanded characters in their respective Universes.

#18 illestr8r

illestr8r

Andorian

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Looks like Aug 14th is the day for ordering.

https://www.hasbro.c...19-AFFEBB7094EE

#19 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

i am not too worried about buying this on F5 day since the original news was they would have some specifically for HTS and a convention or two after SDCC. But I will try.

#20 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

i am not too worried about buying this on F5 day since the original news was they would have some specifically for HTS and a convention or two after SDCC. But I will try.

I hope so. I really want that Rom, Tracker, Leoric and the Rest but don't want to spend more than I have to to get them. If it gets to high and is short packed, I'll just try to grab Rom on his own.

#21 illestr8r

illestr8r

Andorian

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

Anybody remember about what time the exclusives went live the past few yrs?

#22 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

Anybody remember about what time the exclusives went live the past few yrs?

It's been all over the place.  I've got email receipts showing 10, 3,and noon.

#23 illestr8r

illestr8r

Andorian

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Thanks stitch. I thought it was around mid day last yr.

My girl is bugging me to run some errands today. They may have to wait a bit.

#24 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

They're usually up before lunch, but the Deapool taco truck went up at around 20 after 3pm. Most of us had given up for the day at that point and then, BAM. Hopefully they'll be here within the next hour or so.

#25 Magus

Magus

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:14 AM

They're usually up before lunch, but the Deapool taco truck went up at around 20 after 3pm. Most of us had given up for the day at that point and then, BAM. Hopefully they'll be here within the next hour or so.

Is this the official F5 thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us