Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

the future of the Marvel 3.75 lines....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

(crickets chirping, crickets chirping)

choose-3.jpg

#2 jabalong

jabalong

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

#3 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'd totally take the Simon figure to put next to my Princess Leia, but I'd only take Garfunkel if he comes in a two-pack.

#4 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Figures of zombie Simon and zombie Garfunkel would be cool!

I keep putting off contacting Hasbro about my frustration with the "resting" of our line.  I did actually bother doing the e-mail thing a couple of times back last year (I think it was) when our scale was a no-show at a con/fair (was it last year's NYCC??).  I did the live chat thing with someone who had no clue what I was talking about and who failed to give me a further contact when I asked for it.  It felt like a big damn waste of time.  

Still, I need to do it.  If some of the rest of you folks also contacted Hasbro (without using profanity or calling Dwight names) complaining about the fate of our line, I do really think that it would make a difference.

I really wish I knew of a contact point beyond Hasbro's generic customer service e-mail/live chat thing.

#5 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

... (without using profanity or calling Dwight names) ...

Dammit, man, you ask the impossible!

#6 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

So Hasbro can bring back those stupid Mighty Mugs, but we can't get anything? They have enough tooling banked that they could coast by on repacks, repaints, and kitbashes for at least a year without spending a dime on tooling.

#7 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

So Hasbro can bring back those stupid Mighty Mugs, but we can't get anything? They have enough tooling banked that they could coast by on repacks, repaints, and kitbashes for at least a year without spending a dime on tooling.

PREACH,

isn't even hard since so many share similar character designs in the MU to offer at least alot of new characters.

and when vonner left and from what others posted on their facebook, alot of unproduced prototypes are sitting lost somewhere in Hasbro land.

#8 QthaGreat

QthaGreat

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

It saddening but many of us saw the writing on the wall years ago. Many people stayed optimistic but it was blatantly obvious what was going to happen. As far as the future ... that is all predicated on money! Period. If they see a big save or a big cost some where as a result of this "resting" those factors will determine the line's future. Until then we are left in limbo. Me personally, I WILL NOT convert to 6" and nothing else that Hasbro produces, do I even like. So they just get any of my money anytime soon.

#9 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

(Crickets Chirping)

#10 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Aside from the final wave and the Iron Man/Mega Man set, not a whole lot left to talk about.  :(

Actually, there are still things, but I have to admit that even thinking about the line nowadays is a real downer.  It's just such a damn shame that Vonner was laid off.

#11 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:19 PM

Disney is releasing a line of figures this Friday based on the Disney Infinity art style and get this, they're 4" scale and they each have 14 POA. They're $13 and exclusive to Disney Stores and the Shop Disney app. The Iron Man figure seems to be a new suit of armor and not his DI look.

They're also doing figures from Pixar and Star Wars. I'm planning to check these out when they launch and hopefully they turn out well. Doesn't take away the sting of losing Infinity or the slow death of MU, but they look fun and I'm on board.

#12 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

There's been no mention or sign of the Rainbow Deadpools since SDCC.  I think that was a line-ending practical joke by a team that hate this scale.  I pray Hasbro does not buy Mattel.

#13 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

There's been no mention or sign of the Rainbow Deadpools since SDCC.  I think that was a line-ending practical joke by a team that hate this scale.  I pray Hasbro does not buy Mattel.

Yeah wasn't that supposed to be out by the end of this year? I'm guessing it got delayed until closer to Deadpool 2. I'll be honest though, if I had to chose one item to get cancelled it would certainly be this.

#14 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:44 PM

I agree....I think it was a final troll to fans. They may solicit it to retailers like TRU but I doubt it gets picked up.

#15 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

And good riddance to it!!  It was yet another cheap-o store "exclusive," that hardly any of us wanted.  How did we ever end up with such crummy exclusives? -- even back in the Vonner days they were more often disappointing than not.  I think even given the popularity of Deadpool, that set would be a shelfwarmer.

#16 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

So, we know that Deadpool is now a Gamestop exclusive.  And there were talks of the 2 packs continuing.

I suspect we'll get some news at Toy Fair for certain. Given that Star Wars Vintage Collection is coming back, it may be that 3.75 will do another rebranding as well but stay with two packs for at least this year.

I have a huge problem believing they won't at least try for a cash grab during Infinity War. So I expect to see repacks of Comic Cap, Iron Man, Spidey for sure. But could also see Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Thanos, Guardians (AGAIN!) and maybe something new to get us hooked like Thanos' minions or Mantis.  We could also see a few possibly movie packs- MCU Scarlet Witch and MCU Vision seem strongly possible.  MCU Nomad Cap and Black Panther could be a kitbashed Cap with new head and repacked Panther, MCU Iron Man could be new but pair him with MCU Doctor Strange to fix those awful eyes. MCU Spidey could be a repaint/retool of the one we just got with Hulk maybe?  MCU Thor and MCU Star Lord are possible. Or if they want to give us new things: Mantis and Drax. Gamora and Nebula, Teen Groot and Rocket. 

I imagine we'll see what Hasbro is planning at Toy Fair. Hopefully there is something for everyone.

#17 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

I think a set of 2-packs each with an MCU Thanos BAF piece could be cool, but I'm guessing they'll give us maybe 2 or 3 two-packs for Infinity War and one two-pack each for Black Panther and Ant-Man. Who know though?

#18 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

The implication told to me at SDCC was that the two packs would continue... but now, who knows? That could have just been referring to the Spiderman and Ragnarok sets. Since then has been the "scale is resting" comment.

Again, it's a weird situation where Hasbro will do a detailed, really nice looking 5 inch line for Black Panther and then a dedicated Black Panther Marvel Legends waves....Why? 

I'd even take a Age of Ultron style 5 POA line for Infinity if it gives us a beard Cap and a villain or two (Corvus and Thanos)

If we got two packs I'd bet it's an Infinity War Iron Man and Thanos and then maybe a comic version classic Vision and Scarlet Witch.

#19 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:17 PM

So we're getting Gamerverse 2-packs and apparently nothing else. I guess that's better than nothing and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that PS4 Spider-Man. I wonder what the Street Fighter figure(s?) will be. And the 6" Ant-Man/Stinger 2-pack might be a buy for me as they can change sizes.

#20 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

Packs (plural)?  Are we sure that there is more than one?

#21 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

Civil Warrior vs. Collector. That'll sure sell...

Already have Collector and could care less for that video game abomination.

Spidey and Mister Negative look good though.

Ryu and Widow are interesting. Widow is a repainted Gamora with the movie Avengers body.

#22 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

In other news,
Here is more than overload Feast 6 inch collectors,
With more to come!!!

Here are some crumbs 4 inch collectors,
Take it and be gone peasants we dont want your money!

4 inch collectors........

6 inch collectors we still not happy!!! Why did 4 inch collectors get anything we want in their crumbs!!!! Waahhh!!!

#23 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

True, but really if you look at what 6 inch got, we have all of it (except Sauron and a few deadpool variants)

Maybe a few costumes are different, but we've pretty much gotten all of the ones they are getting. Really the only thing I'm bummed about is that Hasbro left money on the table by not taking those 6inch MCU figures and shrinking more down into two packs for us. I can see not wanting to compete so fine- give us the Guardians, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and a few others. Heck, shrink down the recent Defenders Daredevil and Jessica Jones, stick it in a a two pack and call it a day.

Personally, I'm hoping HasLab takes off and the next thing they branch into is a marvel version for 3.75 collectors. But with our luck, it'll be more 6inch stuff.

#24 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

We are getting a Mister Negative? That is cool.

Is he really paired with Spidey, though? Is not the point that it is one Marvel and one video game character?

#25 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

We are getting a Mister Negative? That is cool.

Is he really paired with Spidey, though? Is not the point that it is one Marvel and one video game character?

This set is based on the upcoming PS4 Spider-Man game. We're getting that Spidey packed with Mr Negative.

Did anyone back the Sail Barge by chance and were you charged? I've seen people mention being charged for it already. I'm backing, but I won't have the cash until close to the deadline and I don't want to risk a charge beforehand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us