SDCC Exclusive.

tarot

@Monron

I absolutely agree with everything you said, minus the Xmen stuff (I'll cover that in more detail) but specifically your comment about the Raft Set. Despite being a completionist, it almost pains me that I own that set as I really do think it's lame as lame gets, in every facet lol.

With regards to the Xmen, I'd like to cover that in a few ways:

1. Dwight referenced at NYCC 2016 that the 2017 Xmen "wave" is done and at Toyfair 2017, that the "2018 Xmen "wave" is done and that they are working on the 2019 stuff"

Now people can interpret that as they see fit but for me, that's a clear indication that they are putting forth a deliberate and conscious decision to release one standard Xmen/BAF wave a year. Could this change to more than 1 wave a year in the future? Sure. Afterall, last July's Jnaut wave of Xmen wound up becoming Hasbros best selling legend wave to date.

2. Obviously, as we know, we are getting more Xmen product this year thanks to the Pheonix/Cyclops pack and who knows, maybe we will get another pack before years end. We will 100% for sure be getting more Xmen 2packs in 2018. Also, to that end, I have a source at EE that told me that they are working on an Xmen Exclsuive set with Hasbro and they are still finalizing what that will be so maybe we will hear/see something about that at SDCC.

3. While marvel has made MAJOR ground with Sony, they still have much animosity with Fox and while we know this means that they can't release movie costume/likenesses versions of Fox movie characters as figures (so this has no bearing on their comic figs we are getting of course) i do believe it also goes along with the moteef of general merch altogether as they are being careful not to release "too much" Xmen product (same thing with Marvel Select)

This specifically is just more of a "my $0.02" thing versus a proclamation BUT I really feel that Hasbro believes they are at an optimal sweet spot, with respect to planning out each years waves, by giving us 1 Xmen wave a year, for the foreseeable future. At the very least, this means they are keeping Xmen collectors appetite hungry for each year and thus in turn, something to always look forward to as they plan the rest of each years line-up of waves around Spiderman and whatever movies come out that year.

With regards to "too much product" coming out on top of itself or all at once:

1. All Dwight said at ToyFair 2017 (when Shart did his thing by asking 90% dumb questions) was that they were aware of waves landing on top of each other recently and that the distribution team is looking into that as Dwight and the design team have zero say on when the figures get released-they are just responsible for creating the wave rosters and have some say in what various retail partnerships they plan to approach with exclusives.

So far, 2017 has been great, with things trickling out a a good pace imo. January saw Sandman, Feb saw the new 3.75 wave (and some Xmen wave at Target) March saw the Groot EX along with Guardians Titus Wave and the Warlock wave. It's hard to pin that warlock wave down to a "specific" release as it was showing up at targets like mad at first, then at Walgreens the following month and then lastly (most surprisingly) it went up for preorder at etailers like EE and then subsequently shipped out the wave within the same week the preorder went live. April belonged to Star Wars due to Celebration. Period. May will continue the cycle of something new landing as the Homecoming wave seems to be up next and the Walgreens Sue/Walmart Panther most likely following suit this month and there also have been sporadic reports of the TRU Spidey 2pack along with the Walmart Spidey 2pack landing but neither have seen widespread release yet. In summary, I think 2017 has been moving along at a pretty steady clip with nothing being jammed up on top of each other in my view.

While yes, there has been a ton of stuff popping up "online" as of very recently, the important thing to note is that most, if not all, of those items aren't out yet aren't gonna be hitting shelves tomorrow or the next week either. There's no reason to fear that everything that was just shown carded/boxed on eBay within the past week is magically gong to drop into our laps all at the same time. There's always a fair amount of time that's passes before they hit widespread US retail.

To that end, I would like to point out that Sue Storm and Walmart Panther have been SHOWN carded since early JANUARY and neither of those figures has had their respective widespread release yet...

The only one out of the upcoming releases that we can pin down to a "specific" time is obviously that badass Thor SDCC set as we are all familiar on how the SDCC circus goes at this point.

According to sources (both by Rektangular and my own-my previous career was in retail store management) there are several upcoming exclusive releases (that have been shown boxed) that aren't "due" out until August according to the stores inventory reports from the warehouse. Examples of this include Human Torch, the TRU Xmen 2pack & Aforce Set and a couple others I believe that I can't remember at this moment in time. Time will tell however as of course anything can happen between now and then.

BUT

That makes a lot of sense considering all big box stores start their fall/holiday planogram resets and phase shifts in August-every year like clockwork (god I don't miss doing resets at retail) and if you just look back to last year as just one example, most stores did their scheduled resets in late July/early August and that's when stores starting getting in and setting the Jnaut wave, the Civil War 3pack, the Target War Machine/90s disco throw-up armor Iron Man, the Civil War 3.75 sets, Walmart Bucky/Falcon, etc. Most walmarts got their Bucky/Falcon figs in July but you get my point (and Walmart is the LAST place to follow planos/street dates correctly...)

All in all, I believe Hasbro feels that they have hit the "ceiling" as it were with regards to how many waves they can release in a year and that number is 7 for the time being. Could they possibly bump up this year to 8. Sure, but I highly doubt it. I wholeheartedly believe that the upcoming rumored Spidey Wave 9 (gwenpool/mysterio wave) will be the wave that gets released in late December/early January (so they can stick to 2 Spidey waves a year) which is exactly what we saw happen with the Sandman wave and the Absorbing Man wave before that-both shipped out late Dec/early Jan respectively. Hasbro loves to start the year with Spidey lol.

I believe Hasbro's workaround to this "ceiling" I mentioned before (they are HIGH on their own momentum right now which is great for us) is just to ramp up supplemental lines/exclusives. There's the 6 figure A-Force pack for one and it's quite clear they are going HEAVY on the return of the 2packs.

I'll end it like this; just like Dwight's perfectly hilarious response (I would've said the same thing) to Shartimus's dumb question (it was a dumb question to me because ordering your figures via an Etailer like EE for example, removes any retail "bottle-necking", not mention time and stress trying to hunt) he posed about how waves are piling up each other and how it's becoming an "issue"

"so you're saying you want us to make and release less figures?"

NOPE. Keep the momentum going Hasbro because you guys are just KILLING IT with 6in Legends!

I remember Dwight saying that they released this X-Wave early (Jim Lee Cyclops wave) so people would not get too overwhelmed with too much product at one time. I would love for there to be another wave this year but I doubt its going to happen. He also said that they are done with 2018 so they are working on 2019 right now. I am hoping to see what they have lined up for next year at SDCC in the 2018 X-Men wave. Really hoping for a new Jim Lee Storm or a Giant Size first appearance Storm from where she first joined the team. I think either is pretty realistic.

That's kinda funny he would say that, considering what I think is about to happen. I'm going to seriously address it in another thread, but it bears mentioning here that we have (currently) the Spider-Man 2 pack, exclusives Black Panther & Invisible woman, A-Force box set (6 figures which means $140 easy), Spider-Man/Maryjane 2 pack, X-Men 2 pack and Human Torch. Not to mention Some of us are still waiting for the 2nd X-Men wave to come out. Spider-Man:Homecoming is due out soon, and the second wave of Guardians (I'm sure) will be out prior to Comic-Con. That's $740 on average people....in less than 3 months time! THEN throw in the Thor boxset ($140 I'm betting). That's $880 (if you live in CA add another $70 for tax). He doesn't want them coming out on top of one another huh?

Good catch Rukk. He certainly did address the concern about too much product hitting in a too concentrated space of time, yet here we are, Warlock wave still in high demand, a lackluster Titus wave still having decent success, Vulture Wing wave starting to make it's presence with all the exclusives you just talked about ready to drop at almost the same time during the peak season, there doesn't seem to be too much worry about product saturation. No sir, I don't think expecting another X-wave somewhere around the 4th quarter, possibly right before the Christmas season, like the Juggy wave, is out of the question at all.

Not. At. All!!

@Monron

I absolutely agree with everything you said, minus the Xmen stuff (I'll cover that in more detail) but specifically your comment about the Raft Set. Despite being a completionist, it almost pains me that I own that set as I really do think it's lame as lame gets, in every facet lol.

With regards to the Xmen, I'd like to cover that in a few ways:

1. Dwight referenced at NYCC 2016 that the 2017 Xmen "wave" is done and at Toyfair 2017, that the "2018 Xmen "wave" is done and that they are working on the 2019 stuff"

Now people can interpret that as they see fit but for me, that's a clear indication that they are putting forth a deliberate and conscious decision to release one standard Xmen/BAF wave a year. Could this change to more than 1 wave a year in the future? Sure. Afterall, last July's Jnaut wave of Xmen wound up becoming Hasbros best selling legend wave to date.

2. Obviously, as we know, we are getting more Xmen product this year thanks to the Pheonix/Cyclops pack and who knows, maybe we will get another pack before years end. We will 100% for sure be getting more Xmen 2packs in 2018. Also, to that end, I have a source at EE that told me that they are working on an Xmen Exclsuive set with Hasbro and they are still finalizing what that will be so maybe we will hear/see something about that at SDCC.

3. While marvel has made MAJOR ground with Sony, they still have much animosity with Fox and while we know this means that they can't release movie costume/likenesses versions of Fox movie characters as figures (so this has no bearing on their comic figs we are getting of course) i do believe it also goes along with the moteef of general merch altogether as they are being careful not to release "too much" Xmen product (same thing with Marvel Select)

This specifically is just more of a "my $0.02" thing versus a proclamation BUT I really feel that Hasbro believes they are at an optimal sweet spot, with respect to planning out each years waves, by giving us 1 Xmen wave a year, for the foreseeable future. At the very least, this means they are keeping Xmen collectors appetite hungry for each year and thus in turn, something to always look forward to as they plan the rest of each years line-up of waves around Spiderman and whatever movies come out that year.

With regards to "too much product" coming out on top of itself or all at once:

1. All Dwight said at ToyFair 2017 (when Shart did his thing by asking 90% dumb questions) was that they were aware of waves landing on top of each other recently and that the distribution team is looking into that as Dwight and the design team have zero say on when the figures get released-they are just responsible for creating the wave rosters and have some say in what various retail partnerships they plan to approach with exclusives.

So far, 2017 has been great, with things trickling out a a good pace imo. January saw Sandman, Feb saw the new 3.75 wave (and some Xmen wave at Target) March saw the Groot EX along with Guardians Titus Wave and the Warlock wave. It's hard to pin that warlock wave down to a "specific" release as it was showing up at targets like mad at first, then at Walgreens the following month and then lastly (most surprisingly) it went up for preorder at etailers like EE and then subsequently shipped out the wave within the same week the preorder went live. April belonged to Star Wars due to Celebration. Period. May will continue the cycle of something new landing as the Homecoming wave seems to be up next and the Walgreens Sue/Walmart Panther most likely following suit this month and there also have been sporadic reports of the TRU Spidey 2pack along with the Walmart Spidey 2pack landing but neither have seen widespread release yet. In summary, I think 2017 has been moving along at a pretty steady clip with nothing being jammed up on top of each other in my view.

While yes, there has been a ton of stuff popping up "online" as of very recently, the important thing to note is that most, if not all, of those items aren't out yet aren't gonna be hitting shelves tomorrow or the next week either. There's no reason to fear that everything that was just shown carded/boxed on eBay within the past week is magically gong to drop into our laps all at the same time. There's always a fair amount of time that's passes before they hit widespread US retail.

To that end, I would like to point out that Sue Storm and Walmart Panther have been SHOWN carded since early JANUARY and neither of those figures has had their respective widespread release yet...

The only one out of the upcoming releases that we can pin down to a "specific" time is obviously that badass Thor SDCC set as we are all familiar on how the SDCC circus goes at this point.

According to sources (both by Rektangular and my own-my previous career was in retail store management) there are several upcoming exclusive releases (that have been shown boxed) that aren't "due" out until August according to the stores inventory reports from the warehouse. Examples of this include Human Torch, the TRU Xmen 2pack & Aforce Set and a couple others I believe that I can't remember at this moment in time. Time will tell however as of course anything can happen between now and then.

BUT

That makes a lot of sense considering all big box stores start their fall/holiday planogram resets and phase shifts in August-every year like clockwork (god I don't miss doing resets at retail) and if you just look back to last year as just one example, most stores did their scheduled resets in late July/early August and that's when stores starting getting in and setting the Jnaut wave, the Civil War 3pack, the Target War Machine/90s disco throw-up armor Iron Man, the Civil War 3.75 sets, Walmart Bucky/Falcon, etc. Most walmarts got their Bucky/Falcon figs in July but you get my point (and Walmart is the LAST place to follow planos/street dates correctly...)

All in all, I believe Hasbro feels that they have hit the "ceiling" as it were with regards to how many waves they can release in a year and that number is 7 for the time being. Could they possibly bump up this year to 8. Sure, but I highly doubt it. I wholeheartedly believe that the upcoming rumored Spidey Wave 9 (gwenpool/mysterio wave) will be the wave that gets released in late December/early January (so they can stick to 2 Spidey waves a year) which is exactly what we saw happen with the Sandman wave and the Absorbing Man wave before that-both shipped out late Dec/early Jan respectively. Hasbro loves to start the year with Spidey lol.

I believe Hasbro's workaround to this "ceiling" I mentioned before (they are HIGH on their own momentum right now which is great for us) is just to ramp up supplemental lines/exclusives. There's the 6 figure A-Force pack for one and it's quite clear they are going HEAVY on the return of the 2packs.

I'll end it like this; just like Dwight's perfectly hilarious response (I would've said the same thing) to Shartimus's dumb question (it was a dumb question to me because ordering your figures via an Etailer like EE for example, removes any retail "bottle-necking", not mention time and stress trying to hunt) he posed about how waves are piling up each other and how it's becoming an "issue"

"so you're saying you want us to make and release less figures?"

NOPE. Keep the momentum going Hasbro because you guys are just KILLING IT with 6in Legends!

And this is why I love this forum! Thanks so much for this post. And you're right. Dwight and co. are responsible for design. Thanks also for pointing out the previously reported release month for some of the product as being August (that knocks about $200 off my previous assessment! Lol)! Damn good post.

Cobra, you and I will agree to disagree, but I will point out that I did amend my hard 2nd wave stance to the possibility of an exclusive. If we get a box set similar to the GOTG set with 5 or more figs rather than a full wave I will be a happy collector. Also I realize the release of most of the above exclusives would probably be at a pace less frantic as the reveals in the last few days. Though I do well enough to support my habit I'm sure Hasbro is well aware that many collectors are young and don't have as much access to the funds some of us more "experienced" collectors do. The last thing they want is product sitting on the shelf because people have to decide to buy that $50 2 pack or feed their family for the week or have a shelf full of returned Moon Knight & Death's Head boxes with Matt Hardy & Kane figures stuffed into them.

I will say this to refute your argument a bit though. If the creative team has no input on when a particular wave is released, why did he make that very specific statement about wanting to get the Warlock wave out early so we wouldn't be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of product we see throughout the year? He basically contradicted himself. Just an observation.

I personally am happy with the current pace of product & aside from the feeling that MCU figs get way more exposure than they need (paging Mr. Starlord) I'm very happy with the selections and variety we get with each wave. In that sense the obvious has got to be pointed out. Most if not all the major Avengers, Spider-Men and Street level characters have been done, redone and some done again & again while several mutants still haven't been touched. At some point they are gonna hafta ramp up the release of the mutants if only to avoid rampant repetition & one wave a year just ain't gonna do it.

I do believe the two packs could help to fill in the mutants roster but the first one to come out are both versions figures we already have. I'll say it was genious to include the 3rd head for Jean to replace the fugly head sculpt of the Juggy wave Jean, but that's part of the frustration. If Dwight & Co. have enough a pulse on the fan base to understand that was something we wanted, why can't he understand that just a little more mutant product would but a surefire hit?

adding my 2 cent to this conversation. Dwight is only the head of the Marvel Devision or to put it in another way, he is the face of the team. each subline (Spidey, X-men, Avengers and any other line as well as exclusive) have their own team who decides what is in a wave.

the Spidey team work on thinking up the line, the modelers (either CG or via sculpting) make the figure, Dwight either okays them or not and then send them onto the hasbro marketing team. The Marketing team as the final say whether they can go forward to the line. if they say no, then it is sent back for reworking and repeat.

That usually how it works in business. The Marketing team usually has the final say before they can decide anything.

@Rukk

Thank you for the kind sentiment sir! I too love this forum and while it may not play host to the largest group of people commenting and posting, I do try to do my part with posts here and there as there are some passionate collectors on these boards with some great things to say and that's something I like to be a part of, when I see fit.

You (Rukk), monron999, MCUcollector, KilionNorcal, etc (I don't have time to include everyone lol) all make great, inteligle posts that can very easily lead to long and healthy conversations and/or debates. The thing I like most is when we feel like we have something to say and it challenges a viewpoint of someone else, we get to start some true exchanges of dialogue.

Even when said posts/conversations become aggressive (which I enjoy since I'm confrontational by nature lol) or even hostile, we (the commenters on these boards) usually find a way to reach common ground, come back full circle and ultimately wind up respecting each other's opinions. I have had beefs with several members on here (and I'm not the only one who has lol) but both myself and the people I was beefing with, have came full circle with each other and actually did so quite quickly. The power of conversation and perception can be quite engaging if appracohed the right way.

Are there certain members on these boards that don't follow the "rules" and post inflammatory things for no other reason than just to do so? Sure, but those people simply aren't capable of constructing real thoughts and even less so, capable of articulating them clearly. Those people ultimately just wind up being cannon fodder for the more intellectual posters, when they get replied back to lol.

@monron999

To be fair to both of us, while I have zero problem disagreeing with you (which I RARELY do since your posts are typically spot on and resonate with my own viewpoints quite often) I actually wasn't constructing my previous post as a platform for disagreement per say. Hopefully my words came across in a way that was simply along the lines of challenging (I guess challenging can disagreeing sometimes lol) some of your views while providing my own, rather than coming across, like a "you're wrong and I'm right and I'm gonna explain why" style. Also, the latter part of my post about "too much product" wasn't even aimed at you as I'm sure you know that, but I wanted to make that clear lol. I probably didn't need to start this reply with the preface that I did as I know you're not sensitive but I do like make sure that my words came out the right way and sometimes you lose sight of that when you're in the middle of typing said words lol.

1. On the topic of too many things hitting the shelves and collectors not being able to afford them (you are correct as in not every type of collector has the funds such as we may have, to spend on all the plastic crap we enjoy) I'm not really sure that's Hasbros concern. Obviously, they are ramping up production/volume on Legends due to fan demand and more accurately, sell through data. Time will tell if they are indeed releasing "too much quantity" but I have to assume the numbers they look at are pretty positive and they are feeling pretty confident as result, with regards to producing even more and more figures. For the collector who is debating on picking up a 2pack or putting food on the table for their family...my answer/opinion to that is maybe that collector should focus less on his or her collection if THAT is the choice they they are presented with.

A caveat to that is also, where there is a will...there is a way. The example i would like to make to that is actually based on a fellow collecting buddy I have. He is a hardcore collector like myself and we both collect a TON of stuff (well beyond just legends) and when it comes to legends, he is a completionist like myself as well. The thing abut him though is that, in order for him to afford to keep his collection healthy, he exercises great patience (versus me, where I have more disposable income and just buy/preorder stuff the second it's available-which admittedly can be stupid) and demonstrates a great knack for utilizing SALES.

To that end, he bought every legend released last year, just like I did and probably plenty others did, but he didn't spend full price on them-not even close. Through the monitoring of Walmart.com sales, Amazon sales, TRU online sales, etc, (especially during the holidays which is key) he was LITERALLY able to pick up all of the Jnaut wave, space venom wave, abomination wave, Dormammu wave, etc, etc, for an average of $9-12 each. He bought all the 12in legends for $25-30 off an Amazon sale. The list goes on and on and I'm not going to bore everyone with providing each and every example but you get my point lol.

Brick & Mortar retail chains breaking EVEN on their bottom line, year over year, is a sign of strength these days as ALL retailers have been posting year over year sales declines (Amazon is a huge contributor but the only factor) for a while and as a result, the sales they put up on their websites (again, especially during the holidays) are becoming more and more aggressive each year with the retailers truly FIGHTING for your dollars. The amount of money my buddy saved on keeping his ML collection complete last year (among many other lines he saved on), compared to me, is almost nauseating to think about lol but it's awesome and I love that he's able to shop that way cause it certainly pays off. The moral of this story is that just because Hasbro may decide to drop 4 waves in our lap in the same month, doesn't mean these figures are RARE or are going away anytime soon. They are produced by the hundreds of thousands when it's all said and done (EE received over 1000 cases of the Jnaut wave and that's just ONE vendor) It doesn't mean if we all don't buy them the second they are released, that we will never have another opportunity to do so-far from it.

Now there is always going to be several hot-ticket figures released each year that will have super high demand and will invariably be up on eBay for a premium and those are the ones worth hunting for and more appropriately, the ones you should be carefully monitoring etailer channel preorder pages for, like on Amazon for example. It's all doable! Also, I would be half-tempted to purchase a Kane in a Deaths Head box...

2. With regards to Dwight specifically stating that they wanted to get the Warlock Wave out earlier in the year, I don't actually recall him saying that. That doesn't mean it didn't happen but it's simply something I dont remember him saying. For arguments sake, how did him saying that make him contradict himself? Do you think that 2017 has been too volume intensive on releases so far? I personally don't think so but if you think so, I would certainly like to hear your opinion on that (as always sir)

Also, it's worth noting that Dwight is the "face" of the ML team and he has a general idea of how ALL of the processes work, not just the processes under role he executes himself. Think of the ML team (like many other teams) as a band or a football team-it's takes many people to make the music or have the team perform well but when it comes to the press, media and interviews, it's the front man of the band or QB of the team that is most often behind the microphone speaking for said team as a whole.

3. Couldn't agree more on Star Lord...I personally don't care if we EVER see another Star Lord (movie or comic based) hit the shelf, but that's me.

Personally, I don't really think there's been an over-saturation of MCU characters in the waves, as a whole, but of course, to your point, Hasbro sure loves shoving the "hero" characters down our throat to the point of inducing a gag reflex. But, as we are both longtime collectors, we know that's just the way it is when it comes to Cap, Iron Man, etc and now Star Lord... It used to be Wolvie back in the day lol.

With respect to your point about how Hasbro needs to avoid rampant repetition of the characters (hero characters we just mentioned notwithstanding) I don't really have a comment on that as that's not something I typically have really even thought about. What I will say though, speaking since the "true" return of ML (Infinite Series), we just hit the 3 year mark of the line coming back proper and I personally feel they have been hitting a good stride with a dynamic mix of movie and comic based figures comprising each years rosters as whole. There's always going to be more comic releases than movie releases.

To avoid the perception of the line becoming stagnant or repetitive in the future, that is where big daddy Dwight is responsible for earning his paycheck and ensuring that doesn't happen. Him and his team have to make sure each wave and subsequently, each years line up, feels fresh, new and exciting. From what I've seen, I think that Dwight & the ML team is personally up to the challenge.

Do I think they could be doing things a little differently? Sure (I'm sure we ALL have a $0.02 to bring to that lol) I'm still rubbed raw over the lack of certain villains not being made, the atrocious handling of not releasing the appropriate MCU bad guys, among other, non-villain related things, that I'm not going to get into (the lack of a proper FF wave because there's not enough demand for it "code for-we can't ship figures out because there's no movies to backboard the wave against, the comics are dead and oh, did we mention we hate fox?" infuriates me!) as I have voiced those opinions previously. (hell on bag guys alone I started a whole thread about it)

BUT

It would be foolish of me to extrapolate my personal minority bias on said issues, into a platform for judging the lines quality in its entirety as whole, or speaking negatively about the waves & lineups because my specific wishes aren't being catered to. That would be tantamount to me invalidating all the great work they are doing or ignoring all of their accomplishments and progress that they've made. That would just be juvenile. Full disclosure, I'm a full blown juvenile man-child and I love it lol.

3. Bro, I'm 1000% with you on mutants. There needs to be more. We should be getting more. Dwight and team KNOW we want more. Period. I don't want to recycle comments from my previous post but I just honestly feel that THEY feel, that one wave a year (plus more stuff like the aforementioned Pheonix/Cyclops 2pack, along with more to come) is all they can do in a year, in order to maintain the "balance" of that years roster. A couple Spidey waves a year is here to STAY and when you thrown in all of the movies that Marvel Studios makes each year (you know, the movies that they "have to" support lol) I guess they just can't see a way to get more than 1 Xmen wave out during that calendars year of releases.

Do I agree with it? NOPE. Do I think they could get it done? YUP. We are starved for Xmen, plain and simple, but I "think" (afterall, these are just my opinions) I understand their current status quo for the time being. To be honest, I don't want to "understand" it, I don't want to postulate about it and I don't even want to game theory about it...I just want more @$!*ing mutants to buy damnit. 😩

@Tarot

To be clear, Dwight is in charge of the ML brand, period. He's he chief creative of the line-specifically for the 6in. He also works with the team behind 3.75 (which are all probably stuck in the basement) and the team working on the 12in and so on and so forth. There are not separate "teams" handling Spidey or Avengers or Netflix figures or anything like that-it's all one big happy family.

To your point, there are of course many teams that comprise the whole picture. While Dwight has say on which characters, costumes, BAFs, which wave the figures slot into, etc, there are the sculptors, the painters, the packaging, the marketing, distribution, analytics, budget dept, quality control dept, etc etc.

I won't presume to know who wields the Mjolnir on "final say" of a figure but I'm 99.99% sure Dwight has some say in that as well as it is HIS team-that just makes sense.

Honestly, this is just ANOTHER example of a member bringing up a really good conversational piece. Tarot, wouldn't it be great if THIS kind of question was given to Dwight & team at the cons? I would love to have the answer on "can you please explain the entire creative process? Who does what and who has a say in what?" Etc etc.

Of course, that's a complicated question to ask but it would be nice to receive even a shortened synopsis of it as I'm sure there are plenty of collectors out there who would genuinely like to have more info on the "inner workings" as it were, to a line of figures that we all so passionately support.

Then again, who needs a genuinely good line of questioning when we can just watch Shartimus complain about female figures not having double-jointed elbows for the 27th consecutive time or ask dead-end questions over and over like "when are we gonna see X or Y character get made" A question mind you, that NEVER has and NEVER will produce an outright and direct answer...

Honestly, I hope Shartimus opens up his questions at SDCC with (just for example) "when are we gonna see Night Thrasher get made!?" and then Dwight is like "Spidey Wave 2 for 2019" ...and then at the very end of the panel/Q&A...Dwight tells Shartimus that he was just messing with him and that he can neither confirm nor deny that they are working on a Night Thrasher figure at this time...

Seriously though, Hasbro...how about that Night Thrasher figure?

I remember Dwight saying that they released this X-Wave early (Jim Lee Cyclops wave) so people would not get too overwhelmed with too much product at one time. I would love for there to be another wave this year but I doubt its going to happen. He also said that they are done with 2018 so they are working on 2019 right now. I am hoping to see what they have lined up for next year at SDCC in the 2018 X-Men wave. Really hoping for a new Jim Lee Storm or a Giant Size first appearance Storm from where she first joined the team. I think either is pretty realistic.

That's kinda funny he would say that, considering what I think is about to happen. I'm going to seriously address it in another thread, but it bears mentioning here that we have (currently) the Spider-Man 2 pack, exclusives Black Panther & Invisible woman, A-Force box set (6 figures which means $140 easy), Spider-Man/Maryjane 2 pack, X-Men 2 pack and Human Torch. Not to mention Some of us are still waiting for the 2nd X-Men wave to come out. Spider-Man:Homecoming is due out soon, and the second wave of Guardians (I'm sure) will be out prior to Comic-Con. That's $740 on average people....in less than 3 months time! THEN throw in the Thor boxset ($140 I'm betting). That's $880 (if you live in CA add another $70 for tax). He doesn't want them coming out on top of one another huh?

Its not exactly what he said but more less the same meaning. I don't have time to find and rewatch that video. I was in the same camp hoping we might get a wave 2 of X-Men Legends till he said it. I am not grabbing everything myself. I can't afford too money wise and room wise. I hand picked Guardians and grabbed the Vulture 2 pack. I plan to grab Adam Warlock next and maybe Moon Knight. The exclusives are my next target. The 2 packs plus Black Panther and Sue Storm. Then use Ebay to get She-Hulk and maybe Silf. Then if the rumors are true then wrap up this year with Mysterio and Lizard if he is the BAF in that rumored Spidey wave.