Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Cartoon and Video Game based Marvel Legends

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

I try and I try, but nothing I do is ever good enough, I can't believe that cartoon and video game based marvel legends aren't as interesting and exiting as comic book and movie based figures. :angry:

#27 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Dude you are starting to sound like a whiny child. We just don't think that game and cartoon figure from over 10 - 30 years ago are possible. They have to be based on comics with most of the games you mentions aren't.

#28 heikks86

heikks86

Mouser

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

I think the only video game characters that have a chance are venom-pool, civil warrior and guillotine

#29 shatonamime

shatonamime

Andorian

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

I really hope Morph is done as a head swap. Just do wolverine in the same 90's jim lee style uniform, with plain no claw hands and there ya go. That'd be pretty satisfying for me.

#30 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

I think the only video game characters that have a chance are venom-pool, civil warrior and guillotine

well guillotine has made the jump to the comics so she has a major chance of being made.

#31 monron999

monron999

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

@Hulkwummy

Lol. WTF? If you weren't so knowledgeable about old games & cartoons I would think you were a lot younger than you probably are. I had your back to some degree about the game figures but as much as I'd love it I must also agree that figs based on games & cartoons so far back are probably a definite no go. It just isn't practical, man. So I'll meet you half way. Figs based on cartoons & games? Yes, but only if they're current and relative to today's market, and MvC & CofC or Future Fight are about the only games I perceive to be able to reach a large enough market to make it worth Hasro's while to attach the Legends moniker to.

Sorry guy, I usually don't speak in absolutions but honestly, it ain't happening.

#32 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

@Hulkwummy

Lol. WTF? If you weren't so knowledgeable about old games & cartoons I would think you were a lot younger than you probably are. I had your back to some degree about the game figures but as much as I'd love it I must also agree that figs based on games & cartoons so far back are probably a definite no go. It just isn't practical, man. So I'll meet you half way. Figs based on cartoons & games? Yes, but only if they're current and relative to today's market, and MvC & CofC or Future Fight are about the only games I perceive to be able to reach a large enough market to make it worth Hasro's while to attach the Legends moniker to.

Sorry guy, I usually don't speak in absolutions but honestly, it ain't happening.

Don't forget the upcoming spidey game. That suit look awesome

#33 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

There is just no love for the classic cartoons or video games, only the modern stuff.

#34 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

There is just no love for the classic cartoons or video games, only the modern stuff.

there is a love for them. you're just not thinking like a Toy company. they have to do stuff in the now, so they can get more younger fans which will increase their fan base.

#35 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

I could see them doing Morph but other than that.....don't really see it.

I do think a Morph figure would be a great idea though!

#36 monron999

monron999

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:26 AM

I too think a Morph would be a great idea. As old as the cartoon was that character still stays fresh on everyone's mind. The best part of that figure is that he could actually serve double duty as the coveted X-uniform army builder figure. Also, a much demanded Moonstar figure could serve as the female uniformed counterpart. Personally I see it as a winner. Hasbro would sell a metric ton of these things to me alone. I still buy every Nick Fury figure I find. I'm one shy of a full dozen.

#37 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

Morph would be good but the chances we have to get him is as a swappable head with another character. Maybe something like Cypher or one of the New Mutants.

#38 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

I too think a Morph would be a great idea. As old as the cartoon was that character still stays fresh on everyone's mind. The best part of that figure is that he could actually serve double duty as the coveted X-uniform army builder figure. Also, a much demanded Moonstar figure could serve as the female uniformed counterpart. Personally I see it as a winner. Hasbro would sell a metric ton of these things to me alone. I still buy every Nick Fury figure I find. I'm one shy of a full dozen.

Lol, I need to count up my Nick Fury figures now. 

And dude if you really want some old video game figures pick which one you want the most and have someone make you a custom. Hasbro won't be doing it. 

#39 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Customs just won't do, I prefer the real deal.

#40 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

Customs just won't do, I prefer the real deal.

Haha are you kidding me? 

Have you ever seen the customs some people make these days? The very best figures I own are almost all customs. I understand if its a money thing but if you pick the right artist it will be light years better than what Hasbro would release. 

And by real deal do you mean mass produced by children and machines in a dusty factory in China instead of hand crafted and painted by an artist? 

#41 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Is there anyone out there that is a fan of the classic cartoons and video games?

#42 mako

mako

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Honestly, there's at least as much a chance of any of the cartoon versions of characters from the '90's being made as any other version.

I'd even go so far as to say being in a well known cartoon back in the day gives these guys a slightly better shot at plastic than most others (mainstream media tie-ins are worth points in ANYBODY's book). Example: I'll lay money on the fact Jim Lee Cyclops owes his latest figure to his appearance on the 'toon at least as much as any fond memories of the 90's comics.

As for being a fan of the games and 'toons? Never been much of a gamer, but the '90's era of Marvel animation ARE my comics. I look at my Pizza Spidey, it's CD Barnes voice I hear in my head. Forget Downey, Iron Man is/was and always will be Robert Hays.

Even the modern cartoons (Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, Hulk and the Agents of SMASH etc.), in my own "head-canon" have to fit in with the '90's shows or they don't happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us