Exclusive X-Force Deadpool at Hascon

Rukkdeez

This Deadpool had been rumored to be part of the Deadpool wave, looks like a repaint of the Juggernaut wave. Kinda bummed it's an exclusive now, cause of the second market prices, wonder if he'll still be part of the Deadpool wave

They said it was just for Hascon so maybe not. But then again when is a exclusive just a exclusive anymore?

This Deadpool had been rumored to be part of the Deadpool wave, looks like a repaint of the Juggernaut wave. Kinda bummed it's an exclusive now, cause of the second market prices, wonder if he'll still be part of the Deadpool wave

They said it was just for Hascon so maybe not. But then again when is a exclusive just a exclusive anymore?

Not only that, I don't anticipate scores of people coming from around the country (or even right there on the east coast) just to clock this figure to scalp.

Again really bummed this is an exclusive and it appears it will only be attainable at Cons. According to reports the figure will first be available at Hascon and later at other conventions. I have an idea of where I'll be ordering this figure to ensure I get one, that overseas shipping kills me but hey it's better than paying some outrageous second market prize.

this is great cause it's something different but is anyone else sick of Deadpool?

It concerns me that they market him towards kid which he clearly is not.

I can tell you I am. The one redeeming aspect to getting more of him is we get another (technically) X wave because of him. Having said that, if we include the Toybiz version, we've gotten 6 already (Toybiz, 2 iterations from the Hasbro 2 pack with Warpath, 2 single bubble carded with his X-Force uni and in which his red and black costume was only released overseas and finally, last years' "living hell to get" Deadpool). We're GOING to get another X-Force version as well as his "Venompool" iteration PLUS his original red and black costume, and since the entire wave hasn't yet been announced, we may get one more! That's 9! Wade has now joined Captain America, Movie Iron Man, the Punisher and Spider-Man in the most done ranks! Is it any wonder why we haven't seen some other characters?!!?? Deadpool keeps taking up slots!

PS: Didn't even mention all his 12' versions either already out, or coming out, or his 3.75" figs including the upcoming "Rainbow 'Pools".

PSS: I think the scalpers last year have a great deal to do with this as well. They made collectors "demand" more Deadpool as a result of there never being any on shelves even when fresh cases were put out.

this is great cause it's something different but is anyone else sick of Deadpool?

It concerns me that they market him towards kid which he clearly is not.

I can tell you I am. The one redeeming aspect to getting more of him is we get another (technically) X wave because of him. Having said that, if we include the Toybiz version, we've gotten 6 already (Toybiz, 2 iterations from the Hasbro 2 pack with Warpath, 2 single bubble carded with his X-Force uni and in which his red and black costume was only released overseas and finally, last years' "living hell to get" Deadpool). We're GOING to get another X-Force version as well as his "Venompool" iteration PLUS his original red and black costume, and since the entire wave hasn't yet been announced, we may get one more! That's 9! Wade has now joined Captain America, Movie Iron Man, the Punisher and Spider-Man in the most done ranks! Is it any wonder why we haven't seen some other characters?!!?? Deadpool keeps taking up slots!

PS: Didn't even mention all his 12' versions either already out, or coming out, or his 3.75" figs including the upcoming "Rainbow 'Pools".

PSS: I think the scalpers last year have a great deal to do with this as well. They made collectors "demand" more Deadpool as a result of there never being any on shelves even when fresh cases were put out.

The thing is The Rainbow pool are actually different characters, expect red. I hope they don't do that and just give us the Mercs and not the stupid Deadpools.

I agree with Ruk that DP has been way overdone, but I see it as a bittersweet compromise. He's the hot property going right now and as long as he's hot I think we can expect the equivalent of what I consider a 2nd X-wave every year. His thousand costumes will allow them to literally throw a new coat of paint on the same turd every year and get us some figures that don't make the cut in the X-Men waves. I could see us getting some figs like Mystique, Deathstrike, Kane, Moonstar, Monet, Maddrox & Maverick (damn, that's a lot of M's) in these waves. Not to mention the much wanted Emma Frost in her black costume. Did anyone else notice how the awesome shoulder capes from the A-Force set would work for her? And, as we all know, an auxiliary X-wave will allow for more BAFS like Sauron, Nimrod & my favorite, in case everyone forgot, Strong Guy. So paint him grey, paint him yellow, paint him violet & give him pig tails. Every wave of ML has it's mandatory retreads, but as long as you fill out the roster with awesome new characters & the occasional well needed redo (cough, Quicksilver, cough) I'm all over it.

Team Strong Guy for life!

I agree with Ruk that DP has been way overdone, but I see it as a bittersweet compromise. He's the hot property going right now and as long as he's hot I think we can expect the equivalent of what I consider a 2nd X-wave every year. His thousand costumes will allow them to literally throw a new coat of paint on the same turd every year and get us some figures that don't make the cut in the X-Men waves. I could see us getting some figs like Mystique, Deathstrike, Kane, Moonstar, Monet, Maddrox & Maverick (damn, that's a lot of M's) in these waves. Not to mention the much wanted Emma Frost in her black costume. Did anyone else notice how the awesome shoulder capes from the A-Force set would work for her? And, as we all know, an auxiliary X-wave will allow for more BAFS like Sauron, Nimrod & my favorite, in case everyone forgot, Strong Guy. So paint him grey, paint him yellow, paint him violet & give him pig tails. Every wave of ML has it's mandatory retreads, but as long as you fill out the roster with awesome new characters & the occasional well needed redo (cough, Quicksilver, cough) I'm all over it.

Team Strong Guy for life!

I agree, I also have Deadpool fatigue. But he is as you said a necessary evil, if he brings more waves of X-themed characters I can handle more DP.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I hear about Deadpool's growing popularity I smile because I was lucky enough to buy New Mutants #98 for one dollar way back when :)

I had gotten a copy for $5 6-7 years ago right when he was getting super popular, I think I ended up selling it for around $150.

I think I could have gotten more for if I had waited a couple years and sold it when the movie came out

Every time I hear about Deadpool's growing popularity I smile because I was lucky enough to buy New Mutants #98 for one dollar way back when :)

I had gotten a copy for $5 6-7 years ago right when he was getting super popular, I think I ended up selling it for around $150.

I think I could have gotten more for if I had waited a couple years and sold it when the movie came out

Totally. It goes for $350+ nowadays.

Totally. It goes for $350+ nowadays.

Lol, me too. Got it. Bagged it. Kept it in mint condition. Luckily in those 90's boom years I mistakenly though that everything they produced was gonna be worth something so I bought at least 2 of everything, so I'm sure I also have a near mint one as well. Going to be willed to my kids.

I'm hoping the next movie will have the same effect on Cable and/or Domino.