Official SDCC 2017 Discussion Thread

tarot

Out of curiosity, anyone that managed to get their A-Force set on TRU.com what was it going for? I'm hesitant to go in on the BBTS pre-order, it's $180 and they want a (non-refundable) down payment.

Also, has there been confirmation that this will be in the store after the convention, on the actual shelves? I thought that was true, but I couldn't find anything to support it.

Out of curiosity, anyone that managed to get their A-Force set on TRU.com what was it going for? I'm hesitant to go in on the BBTS pre-order, it's $180 and they want a (non-refundable) down payment.

Also, has there been confirmation that this will be in the store after the convention, on the actual shelves? I thought that was true, but I couldn't find anything to support it.

Got mine for $119.99 on TRU

Copped mine at the EE booth for $112. Also secured my Battle for Asgard pack and 12" Daredevil.

Dwight Stal confirmed there will indeed be both a Deadpool wave as well as an X-Men wave. He told me he really believes this one will be the best yet. Echoed by Tony. I said "in order for it to be considered the best, it will have to be an 8 figure wave and the BAF has to be Sauron". All Tony said was "I think you'll agree it's the best. He also stated the last photo panel will floor the room Saturday. Guess we'll see.

Dwight Stal confirmed there will indeed be both a Deadpool wave as well as an X-Men wave. He told me he really believes this one will be the best yet. Echoed by Tony. I said "in order for it to be considered the best, it will have to be an 8 figure wave and the BAF has to be Sauron". All Tony said was "I think you'll agree it's the best. He also stated the last photo panel will floor the room Saturday. Guess we'll see.

I can't wait.

Copped mine at the EE booth for $112. Also secured my Battle for Asgard pack and 12" Daredevil.

Thanks everyone, that definitely clears that up, I think I'll see if they restock.

Sauron BAF with any number of good X-Men figures would definitely qualify as best wave yet. Personally I'm hoping for a new Gambit.

Sauron BAF with any number of good X-Men figures would definitely qualify as best wave yet. Personally I'm hoping for a new Gambit.

Beast also has to be a part of it.

Beast also has to be a part of it.

And Psylocke...

I would love to see Beast as the BAF for an X-Men wave with parts available to do a 90's Jim Lee style or the Marvel Now more ape-like head. Really, the only difference between the two would be the head and trunks.

No matter what, a proper Beast figure is going to need an entirely new sculpt - Jackal is too small and I don't think they could retool the Abomination/Rhino sculpt to add fur texture. From what I've gathered over the years, if Hasbro has to come up with 100% new tooling then that often ends up as the BAF.

All that being said, I also vote for Gambit, Psylocke, and Storm in an X-Men wave!

I would love to see Beast as the BAF for an X-Men wave with parts available to do a 90's Jim Lee style or the Marvel Now more ape-like head. Really, the only difference between the two would be the head and trunks.

No matter what, a proper Beast figure is going to need an entirely new sculpt - Jackal is too small and I don't think they could retool the Abomination/Rhino sculpt to add fur texture. From what I've gathered over the years, if Hasbro has to come up with 100% new tooling then that often ends up as the BAF.

All that being said, I also vote for Gambit, Psylocke, and Storm in an X-Men wave!

As you've said, they'll just have to come up with an entire new sculpt. The Rhino or Abomination bodies are too big and the Jackal is definitely too small. The Beast isn't tall, but he's thick. And there would be zero need to waste a BAF on him (They didn't do it for Colossus and he's in perfect 1:12 scale at 7.5"). I think 2 ouit of your 3 choices may very well make it into next year's X-Men wave. Storm being the odd one out. Reason being, Hasbro seems to be trying to recreate the Jim Lee 90's X-Men (or "Blue Team"). That means Gambit, Psylocke, Beast and Jubilee (in Shorts and yellow trench coat) are left. I truly believe Gambit will be in the wave at least (we may find out very soon). A new 90's Beast woild be kool, but if he's held out, I can deal. The Toybiz Beast was /is pretty good (did you know it can stand on one hand?).

After getting home from what has been a lucrative (and expensive) day at Comic-Con (I snatched the Battle for Asgard set, Daredevil 12' figure, Star Wars X-34 Landspeeder w/Luke Skywalker, Grand Admiral Thrawl, Transformers Primitive Optimus Prime, G.I. Joe Cobra Missile Command Headquarters from HTS, Justice League Cyborg Origins from Mattel and A-Force from EE...whew), I get online and find out my Netflix wave and Star-Lord/Ego 2 pack from Entertainment Earth are processing, meaning they'll be here Saturday. I found out today the Spider-Man/Iron Man 2 pack was at TRU earlier this week (and may show up tomorrow as well as the Dark Phoenix/Cyclops 2 pack). I'm already crying in joy and pain. A toy stroke may be in my immediate future. Before Comic-Con is over I will definitely have 20 figures, and possibly 24! Now is that a haul, or is that a haul?!?!!?

PS: There may be Human Torch sightings even as I type this! 25?

If anyone at the con can corner Hasbro for a definite answer, I'd be interested in simply knowing if the A-Force set will hit TRU shelves or not. Otherwise I'll cherry pick the set online.

The A-Force set will definitely hit TRU shelves. The reason Entertainment Earth is Selling them at the Con (you should note it's not on their site at all) is because Toys-R-Us doesn't have a presence at SDCC so they partnered up with EE. I had a 2 o'clock appt with my EE rep yesterday and I asked him that very question (while they were procuring my A-Force sets for me of course. Gotta love no line standing).

If anyone at the con can corner Hasbro for a definite answer, I'd be interested in simply knowing if the A-Force set will hit TRU shelves or not. Otherwise I'll cherry pick the set online.

The A-Force set will definitely hit TRU shelves. The reason Entertainment Earth is Selling them at the Con (you should note it's not on their site at all) is because Toys-R-Us doesn't have a presence at SDCC so they partnered up with EE. I had a 2 o'clock appt with my EE rep yesterday and I asked him that very question (while they were procuring my A-Force sets for me of course. Gotta love no line standing).

Thanks so much for clearing that up!

I really hope we get Sauron or Nimrod as the BAF for the X-Men Wave, with Beast included as a carded figure.

Also Gambit, Storm, Psylocke and Nightcrawler.

Does anyone know when will the Deadpool wave be released.

That Cable is probably the best figure I've seen this year!!

Here's a shot of an as yet unmentioned reveal. Retooled Hydra agents. They'll be bigger, with vests and I think interchangeable heads will be included. There are several of these throughout the Marvel Legends center display. I asked and these are NOT customs. Keep in mind however, this ain't official until they say it's official. Possibly at the panel tomorrow.

post-64536-0-43759800-1500645921_thumb.png

Here's a shot of an as yet unmentioned reveal. Retooled Hydra agents. They'll be bigger, with vests and I think interchangeable heads will be included. There are several of these throughout the Marvel Legends center display. I asked and these are NOT customs. Keep in mind however, this ain't official until they say it's official. Possibly at the panel tomorrow.

Good find I can't wait until more is revealed for the Marvel Legends line.