Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Wolverines claw fix!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ant

Ant

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:53 AM

Hi all

Any tips on how to straighten out wolverines claws?

and on that note, how to straighten out any bent weapons etc as well.

They are only bent from where they have been in the package.

cheers
Ant

#2 Maximus95

Maximus95

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

My advice would be to use hot to boiling water to soften the plastic, bend or reshape whatever piece that has been mangled, and then dip in cold water. You may have to do it a few times for thicker plastic areas (for example if the lower leg is bowed) but that should work. I've successfully used this method for my GIJoe figures so it should work with these as well.

#3 Ant

Ant

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Thanks maximus ill give it a try.

#4 TomE

TomE

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

In my personal experience a blow dryer and a glass of water at room temperature are the best way to fix small stuff like weapons. boiling can damage the figure if done improperly, while i've never damaged a figure with a blow dryer

you just use the blow dryer from 30 to 60 seconds depending on how thick the plastic is

straighten or bend the piece into its new desired position

and then while keeping it in this position put the part in the glass of water for fast cooling

and then the part should stay in the new position. has worked every time for me for everything from wolverine's claws to gambits pole.

#5 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (TomE @ Mar 25 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my personal experience a blow dryer and a glass of water at room temperature are the best way to fix small stuff like weapons. boiling can damage the figure if done improperly, while i've never damaged a figure with a blow dryer

you just use the blow dryer from 30 to 60 seconds depending on how thick the plastic is

and then while keeping it in this position put the part in the glass of water for fast cooling

and then the part should stay in the new position. has worked every time for me for everything from wolverine's claws to gambits pole.

You don't just drop the figure in a pot. You hold it and just dip the part you need to work on in the water.

#6 TomE

TomE

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (DarthOnyx @ Mar 25 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TomE @ Mar 25 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't just drop the figure in a pot. You hold it and just dip the part you need to work on in the water.

I know. I've damaged just the part of the figure in the pot before, that was my point. I wasn't saying boiling water won't work, I'm just saying a hair dryer has always been easier to use for me.

#7 Maximus95

Maximus95

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:00 AM

I can see the hairdryer working pretty well. The only problem I'd have with that is keeping my fingers from getting too hot. I usually pour some water in a measuring cup and microwave it until is starts boiling. That way you have the hot water you need, but don't have to worry about a figure getting messed up if it would sit on the bottom of a pot.

Sorry, I probably should have specified that earlier. If you do use water on a stove top and plan on dunking an entire figure or a weapon you may want to put it in a strainer then lower the strainer in the water so the part you are trying to fix doesn't come in contact with the bottom or sides of the heated pot.

#8 ShipwreckJr

ShipwreckJr

Mouser

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

i actually plan on replacing all MU scale wolvie claws with trimmed pieced of clear card bubble, painted silver. just hack the original claws off, stab deep into his "sockets" with an xacto, a tiny dab of your preffered glue (i use zap-a-gap) and stick the bubble piece in. dry, paint, done.

i'll post results as soon as i have time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us