Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Cartoon and Video Game based Marvel Legends

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

How do you all feel about Marvel Legends 6 Inch Figures based on Marvel Cartoons and Marvel Video Games.

examples:

Cartoons:

Blizzard (90s Iron Man Series)

Attached File  Villains Wave 4.jpg   41.27KB   3 downloads

Morph (90s X-Men Series)

Attached File  X-Men Wave 12.jpg   40.28KB   1 downloads

Spyke (X-Men Evolution)

Attached File  X-Men Wave 5.jpg   39.09KB   0 downloads

Gargoyle (90 Hulk Series)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 7.jpg   36.52KB   0 downloads

Zzzax (90s Hulk Series)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 12.jpg   43.16KB   1 downloads

Video Games:

Madman (2003 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 13.jpg   38.8KB   0 downloads

Flux (2003 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 5.jpg   46.64KB   1 downloads

Ravage (2003 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 4.jpg   36.94KB   0 downloads

Half-Life (2003 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 9.jpg   41.55KB   1 downloads

Mercy (Hulk Ultimate Destruction)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 3.jpg   36.79KB   0 downloads

Vector (2008 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 8.jpg   41.51KB   1 downloads

Vapor (2008 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 6.jpg   41.1KB   1 downloads

X-Ray (2008 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 10.jpg   45.64KB   1 downloads

Ironclad (2008 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 11.jpg   44.73KB   1 downloads

Bi-Beast (2008 Hulk Movie Game)

Attached File  Incredible Hulk Wave 2.jpg   41.52KB   1 downloads

Any Marvel Cartoon and Video Game fans out their like me? Please say something nice about this selection.

#2 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:26 AM

Never going to happen

#3 jonnyshowcase

jonnyshowcase

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:49 AM

Ironclad and Bi-Beast received action figures based upon their video game appearance. They were under "The Incredible Hulk" banner not Marvel Legends back in '08

#4 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

Oh my Gosh, I am so Angry right now. Their is just no love for the cartoons or the video games, and that upsets me. :angry:

#5 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

There a reason I said it. First marvel has basically disowned most of the game past the Disney purchase.

Second hasbro will never do video games versions before comics in ml. Movie versions and the current cartoons yes cause that what in but nothing from video games before the avengers movie

#6 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

Maybe their should be a Marvel Legends 2-Pack featuring two versions of the same character, one from the comics and the other from ether the cartoons, the video games, or the movies.

#7 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Comic and Movie based figures first, Cartoon and Video Game based figures latter?

#8 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

I don't think I'd be interested in any of these choices though.

#9 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

Dude the only game that might get a figure is the upcoming Spider-Man game. Everything before that is off the table

#10 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

I think you should give me a lot more credit on this, because I want this to happen, regardless of what people would say.

#11 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

Here's my $0.02

First off Hulkwummy, I don't really understand your comment about how about you deserve credit because you "want this to happen" By extension, I WANT Hasbro to release more villains and the neglect they have for MCU villains in particular...irritates me to no end (defer to the thread I started a while back titled Bring On The Bad Guys!)

As much as I know that getting MCU versions of Crossbones, Yellowjacket, Ronan, ETC is about as likely as half the worlds propulation getting simultaneously struck by lighting tomorrow afternoon...that doesn't mean that IF those figures pop up, that I "deserve credit" for it. At the end of the day, Mr. Stall isn't going to slot in an MCU Crossbones simply because CobraSaboteur said so...

Turning my attention to your topic of video game characters; yes, I believe that they have as much chance of getting made as my aforementied character choices above...but...that doesn't mean you shouldn't still want them or should stop being vocal about it by any means. Other members will chime in and voice their thoughts in an either positive, neutral or negative way and that's completely cool across the board because how does THAT impact YOUR passion/desire for the figs?

Additionally, I think you bring the topic of video game characters up in a rather unique period of time (either advertently or inadvertently) as we all know there is a Marvel Vs Capcom pack coming out this year. Does anyone REALLY think that the marvel character in that pack won't resemble their on-screen video game costume/aesthetic/framework? Sure, it could just be a Capcom figure done in video game stylings with a marvel figure that is done normally and is not made to look like a representation from his/her aesthetical video game counterpart...BUT...I personally feel that it would be really ODD if the marvel fig in the pack wasn't done to look like the video games version.

Who knows, if the pack sells well (I'm 100% buying it) then maybe just maybe we will see more of that type of thing. Dwight and the team routinely say (I'm paraphrasing of course) "we are always looking at fresh and exciting ways to continue innovating the line and to continually offer variety in the brand" Video game characters sounds like a great way to explore that aforementioned rhetoric as far as I'm concerned.

Can video game legends really become a thing that we see every year? I can't say for sure but this topic is a prime candidate for "never say never" Personally, I hope so because why the hell not?

#12 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

Marvel Characters from the Video Games do have some potential to be made into 6-Inch Marvel Legends Figures, as do Characters from the Cartoons, and I hope to goodness that they will be made. The Hulk Villains in particular.

#13 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Any fans of the Cartoons and the Video Games out their who think this is a good idea?

#14 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

it not that it's not a good idea. it just that these character need to have a comic version done first and that these are nearly impossible for hasbro to do due to liscensing. different companies and stuff. also too far gone.

#15 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Movie based Fantastic Four and X-Men are off limits for Hasbro to make Marvel Legends figures out of due to distribution rights, but comic book versions are fare game, nobody said Cartoon and Video Game based figures cannot be made.

#16 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

video game are developed by different companies. that a whole other licensing issue.

#17 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:45 PM

Hasbro needs to cut a deal with These companies so that Video Game based Marvel Legends can be made, Like Bi-Beast from the 2008 Hulk movie game from Sega or Mercy from Ultimate Destruction from Radical Entertainment.

#18 DSmith

DSmith

Unclassificationable :P

• Members
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:19 PM

LOL.

I don't think Hasbro is consumed with "cutting a deal" to make these characters happen from a video game that came out 9 years ago.

I don't know anyone at Hasbro but I think from a business standpoint that Hasbro would consider any fan of the game a fan of the comics that GENERATED the game, and so they would be worried about representing the comic characters first. And for the most part, the licensing isn't an issue for the comic versions.

#19 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

If Hasbro were to make Variants again, would they consider making the Video Game based figures the variant, while the comic versions are the standard figures?

example:

Bi-Beast

Standard Figure (Comic Book)

Variant Figure (2008 Hulk Movie Game)

#20 DSmith

DSmith

Unclassificationable :P

• Members
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Based on how they've been releasing, if it's as simple as a head swap, I could see them doing THAT for a design option. But a whole different mold as a variant wouldn't be released alongside a standard figure in the current formula of how figures are released.

And again, the motivation factor is the big thing. If Bi-Beast is a character they want to release, is there a TRUE motivating factor to release two versions, or two head swaps, to a mass retail customer? Doesn't seem like a priority to me, when headliners like a Captain America, Thor, or Iron Man have DECADES of designs to get through, and would be guaranteed to sell more to the general public, than to someone who saw Bi-Beast in a video game based on a flop movie from nine years ago. I don't see it as a priority for Hasbro. Write them a letter with your wishes, but they won't come to this decision on their own.

#21 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

What is their e-mail address?

#22 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

I just e-mailed my wish list to Hasbro, they responded to it as appropriate.

#23 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

I think the entire licensing thing is relative to how the product is presented. Take the Capcom vs. Marvel franchise, for instance. The Marvel characters look pretty much the same as they do in the comics so to have extra licensing agreements attached to produce those characters would be nonsense. The licensing side would fall on the Capcom characters.

Anyone who plays Contest of Champions can clearly see that there is some sort of clear collaboration with the Hasbro & Marvel teams. So much that some figures such as the Colossus, Moon Knight and Old Man Logan figures seem to be direct ports from that game. Remember how everyone was scratching their heads when they revealed the Colossus figure? To those of us who play the game it was on old familiar face. I could perceive an actual COC wave or perhaps 2 packs. It would actually be an ingenius wave of getting out a few characters who haven't been done or are in need of a reboot, or maybe some combination of the two. I could see 2 packs consisting of an improved modern Captain A (not lame ass Sam) vs. Crossbones who actually looks like the MCU version but is as big as the comic version. There could be a perfected Banner Hulk (with ankle pivot) vs. Modern Loki or even pairings like battlesuit Gamora vs. comic Elektra or modern Karnak vs. (dare I say it?) Beast.

So on the outset, game figures do seem kinda like a slim pipedream, but when compared to a game that follows so close to source material that you actually see it materializes in the action figures currently being put out it doesn't seem like such a long shot.

I'm not gonna hold my breath, but if something like this happens I wouldn't be a bit surprised. I promise I won't take credit for it either. Lol.

#24 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Is they anyone out who thinks Cartoon and Video Game based Marvel Legends Figures is a good idea? Or is it just a lost cause, like MCU Crossbones, Yellowjacket, Ronan, Quicksilver, or even Abomination.

#25 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Please don't mention MCU Crossbones or Yellowjacket...I have enough anxiety as it is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us