Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

SDCC 2017

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Fair enough.

#52 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

I can't find it, but somewhere Dwight or Jesse specifically stated there wouldn't be #$@# this year, but next year was going to be "epic"...

Let's hope,
But honestly when I heard the "Big things for 3.75 scale" (paraphrasing)

Maybe they were referring to all the 3.75 toylines OUTSIDE of Marvel and Star Wars that Hasbro showed Sneak peaks of in the SDCC revolutions pack...

Because I doubt ANYTHING good in the 1/18th scale will ever come from the guys in charge that basically insult our preferred scale virtually everytime they are asked about it.

..... UNLESS , Some Higher ups in Hasbro or Disney makes them.

Epic to them is all the money they Put into Marvel 6 inch and the money they save and divert to the 6 inch line from the 1/18th scale by recycling old molds and cutting quality.
while saying it's to keep prices down WHILE raising prices on 1/18th anyway and doing the ABSOLUTE minimum to advertise the 1/18th scale...... while ONCE AGAIN diverting all advertising to the 1/12 scale.

#53 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

The quote people are referring to wasn't from SDCC and it wasn't from Jesse or Dwight. There's a poster on a different forum making these claims. He claims to have inside info, but he's not reliable. He has a bad habit of hearing misinformation or bad rumors and running with them as if they were facts. If his claims hold true, then I will take back what I said, but don't put much stock in his words. He's claiming right now that Kevin Feige is speaking with Miramax to get the rights to Morbius and Blade for Homecoming 2. Miramax has never held these rights, New Line (owned by Warner Bros.) used to, but Blade is home at Marvel and Morbius is at Sony.

#54 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Yup, that's the guy, stitch13.
Really??   What a dweeb.  Why don't people call him on his bs?

#55 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Another site posted a Q&A with Dwight and co. from the show floor. It really doesn't look like we are getting anything else this year besides what we already know about. There's an awkward bit at the end of the video where the interviewer asks what the team wants to accomplish over the next year. Dwight and the dude in the middle mention things like better sculpting, but poor Bobby says he'd be happy if just one person comes up to him and thanks him for making a specific character. I kinda felt sad for him.

I don't.  As the lead designer, he hasn't been doing a very good job, even considering that he has obviously been given a lousy budget.  Ulik's weird looking arms.  The smooth-skinned Triton.  Vulture's wings.  That big mohawk on Rogue.  Quasar with an off face sculpt in a costume that not too many people really wanted.  Hyperion -- a "heavy hitter" character -- without either hand in a fist.  Just a few of the issues.  Oh, and several of the figures would have gone from "meh" to "yeah!" if there had been better paint apps -- I would have gladly sacrificed one figure/wave to have had that money spent to improve the quality of the remaining figures of the wave.  
Bobby gave me Quasar, a fav character.... and I still want a figure of Quasar. :(  

#56 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

Fair points. I guess I just assumed they handed him a tiny budget and he did what he could.

#57 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Fair points. I guess I just assumed they handed him a tiny budget and he did what he could.

That's the impression that I got too.

Once they made Marvel universe and Marvel legends Go under Dwight/Jesse it became clear WHERE the lions share of the budget would go.
Marvel Universe and all the new experimental scales that flop,kids Gear or the Discount figures fight it out for the leftover budget and resources.

#58 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

I hope that scare this morning was just a glitch. I better not miss my shot at ROM and the Dire Wraith just because I was sleeping at 4am like some kind of weirdo. I mean, who isn't F5ing on HTS before the crack of dawn on a random Thursday?

Does anyone have a rough guess at how much shipping should be for the Revolution set? I can't remember what it's been previously.

BTW, if anyone orders this set and doesn't want the Dire Wraiths please let me know. I'll be happy to buy them from you.

#59 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

Damn, you gave me a scare with that last post, stitch.  I thought maybe the set had already gone up for sale.  I checked Hasbro's site and it's still showing the 14th for the release date. 
​I wish the dire wraith had been a Marvel comics version, either the original doughy-looking ones (I'm pretty sure they're the males), or the later red ones with that drill tongue that they used to suck out brains (the females, I think).
​I still really, really want Rom, but knowing that the line is effectively over really takes the thrill out of buying these last few things.

#60 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Damn, you gave me a scare with that last post, stitch.  I thought maybe the set had already gone up for sale.  I checked Hasbro's site and it's still showing the 14th for the release date. 
​I wish the dire wraith had been a Marvel comics version, either the original doughy-looking ones (I'm pretty sure they're the males), or the later red ones with that drill tongue that they used to suck out brains (the females, I think).
​I still really, really want Rom, but knowing that the line is effectively over really takes the thrill out of buying these last few things.

Wedge mentioned it in a different post and scared me too. I've seen people mention on other forums that some orders went through and haven't been cancelled yet. I'm hoping Hasbro was just doing a test on the site.

I don't think they can do Marvel style Dire Wraiths, but I could be wrong. They did say that Rom was off limits in MU and Legends because of the legal complications so the Wraiths could theoretically be in that same category. It's possible that they can only do those Wraiths in a Marvel line (they are Skrull off-shoots after all) so maybe they'll show up at some point. With our luck it'll be as a BAF in Legends though.

Don't think of it as the line being over. Remember that Legends went through a similar hiatus after Hasbro got the rights. It's always possible that the pendulum could swing back in our direction again and if/when that happens you will be glad you bought Rom when you had the chance.

#61 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

I'm sorry to scare everyone. My buddy alerted me that they were listed and that a very few people had successfully placed orders (he's said that they have gotten emails acknowledging that their orders were a mistake but that they'd be honored). I thought for a moment that the time had come and gone. Apparently, the real thing is still forthcoming.

#62 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm sorry to scare everyone. My buddy alerted me that they were listed and that a very few people had successfully placed orders (he's said that they have gotten emails acknowledging that their orders were a mistake but that they'd be honored). I thought for a moment that the time had come and gone. Apparently, the real thing is still forthcoming.

The fact that they are honoring the mistakes means that they will have less inventory on hand on the 14th. This is gonna be fun...

#63 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

I just Pray these aren't short stocked and they over produced....so everyone that wants one can get it at a decent price.
I saw these as a cool Hasbro Promotional set of their Licenses and as such hope these weren't made with only the Collector/Hoarder/Scalper in mind.

I just want my Rom Figures....

The rest are Icing.
I would rather Buy a set for 100 bucks of cool figures versus those insane 40-55 bucks people asking JUST for Rom.
I'd hate to pull the trigger that way.

This is a cool set.

I remember seeing that Vault set for a "little" while.. and all I want is to get a set before they sell out.

#64 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

The rest are Icing.
I would rather Buy a set for 100 bucks of cool figures versus those insane 40-55 bucks people asking JUST for Rom.

That's basically how I see it. The whole set is nice, but the only must-haves for me are Rom, Dire Wraith, Roadblock, and Action Man. Roadblock alone will be expensive enough on eBay to justify the $100 at HTS.

#65 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,490 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

The rest are Icing.

That's basically how I see it. The whole set is nice, but the only must-haves for me are Rom, Dire Wraith, Roadblock, and Action Man. Roadblock alone will be expensive enough on eBay to justify the $100 at HTS.

I forget how much people would pay for the Lost RoadBlock figure..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us