Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Thor and Netflix wave confirmed

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:17 AM

EE has me down for pre-orders on both.

have they given a case sortment?

#27 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:12 PM

Knights is Daredevil & Punisher x2
Ragnarok is supposedly Loki & Jane Thor x2

#28 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Well the Thor wave is done and no excutioner. Boo!

But the figure they show are nice and I really like the hulk baf, I just hope this doesn't mean we won't get another wave

#29 nieman257

nieman257

Andorian

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Well the Thor wave is done and no excutioner. Boo!

But the figure they show are nice and I really like the hulk baf, I just hope this doesn't mean we won't get another wave

There's still 1-2 figures left right? They're prob done with Thor Waves. Executioner will probably be a single and Warriors Three a boxset

#30 greenlucario

greenlucario

Mouser

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

I'm definitely a bit disappointed that the BAF wasn't Executioner, I've already got enough Hulks.  But this new movie Hulk does look really good! Definitely excited for the new Loki, and Hela seems like a win as well, I'm glad they went MCU for her rather than a comic re-release.  My wallet will be happy that this will be a slow hunting wave rather than an instant preorder wave like the previous waves from this year.

#31 doubleD

doubleD

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

Too many movie figures in the Thor wave for my taste. Might wait for the Select Hulk and cherry pick the comic figures.

#32 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Too many movie figures in the Thor wave for my taste. Might wait for the Select Hulk and cherry pick the comic figures.

It's becoming (too much) the norm. Guardians wave 2 has 4 MCU characters (5 if you count Groot) plus the BAF is an MCU character. So 5 out of 8 (or 6 outta 9) are movie figs. The Netflix wave has 4 of the 6. Thankfully, the BAF is a comic based character. Spider-Man has 3 plus the BAA. Finally Thor Ragnarok with half the wave plus the BAF which of course means more MCU than comic based.  It's largely because of this we'll never get certain characters, which is even more tragic when you consider how many waves, 2 packs and exclusives Hasbro puts out and when the math is done, only about 37% of all released are comic based figs. You'd almost believe the movies came before the comics, and all simply to accommodate the casual movie goer who knows little to nothing about the characters (but why not? Even Marvel themselves alter characters to be more recognizable to those movie goers who might pick up a book).

#33 mako

mako

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Yeah, its getting ridiculous! Who puts movie-based figures in a movie-based line!?!

Next thing you know they'll be selling chicken at KFC.

#34 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, its getting ridiculous! Who puts movie-based figures in a movie-based line!?!

You're right, but I think it's safe to say most collectors are more into the comic versions and Hasbro has been knocking those straight outta the park.

#35 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

You're being sarcastic, but the fact is Hasbro made the decision to run the waves empowered by the movies (Paramount/Disney), by having some representatives FROM the given film in the wave, NOT take over the entire wave/line. We've even lost the Build-A-Figure for the most part! I don't know if your sarcasm marks you as an MCU collector or not, but to comic based collectors (you know, the ones this line was originally created for) this is a very real concern. Because of this, all we ever get are MCU Iron Man repaints when there are gaps in his comic based armor. No Superior, no current (pre coma) armor. No Indestructible Hulk (we did get a "Doc Green" but all that amounted to was a new head sculpt on a movie Hulk body). For the 1st time, every major character in a movie has been made into a figure, and in the unlikely event we get a second Thor wave, there's a chance to complete that as well (Collector, Heimdal and Skurge). The only time we get a comic based 2 pack is when Disney ain't making the movie! Thank God we have Walgreens, TRU, Walmart, Target, and SDCC exclusives (and of course the downside to that is the very limited access to those figures). As I said; VERY real concern.

#36 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

I'm one that prefers movie figures, but enjoy quite a bit of the comic figures. It is my belief that movie figures/movie themed waves are what truly saved (maybe not the best choice of word; elevated) the 6" line. I think having movie based figures draws in a lot of sales from both kids and collectors alike. I know these are created for collectors too, but I still think sales for kids is the bulk of sales. I truly don't think the line would be what it is today without movie figures. When was the last time you saw a movie figure warming the pegs (as I wrote that I remembered the Doctor Strange Wave; but the regular movie version wasn't as abundant as the astral form or Mordo who they probably should not have made).

#37 mako

mako

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

Me, I'm great with either. movie or comic, as long as it's a good figure.

Now lately, I've been all about the comic figures, even going back and ordering a couple of 3-packs I missed because they had comic versions of characters I wanted. That's not to say I won't get a Web-Wing Spidey or that I don't anxiously await the Ragnarok figures.

Face it, the days of the Daredevil movie figure are long gone. Todays movie figs are perfectly interchangeable with comic versions.

#38 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

I'm one that prefers movie figures, but enjoy quite a bit of the comic figures. It is my belief that movie figures/movie themed waves are what truly saved (maybe not the best choice of word; elevated) the 6" line. I think having movie based figures draws in a lot of sales from both kids and collectors alike. I know these are created for collectors too, but I still think sales for kids is the bulk of sales. I truly don't think the line would be what it is today without movie figures. When was the last time you saw a movie figure warming the pegs (as I wrote that I remembered the Doctor Strange Wave; but the regular movie version wasn't as abundant as the astral form or Mordo who they probably should not have made).

Your choice of word is accurate. The concept of theming the line on movies did indeed save the line. That's a fact comic based collectors need to accept because, there wouldn't be a Marvel Legends line right now if they didn't. I'm sure you recall the "hiatus" Hasbro took, then returned in 2010. The second shot proved the line wasn't  going to make it unless they re-imagined their marketing strategy. What you said was correct; children's sales are a very large bulk of their business and making figures that only avid comic readers would know of constantly resulted in consistent "peg warming". Kids simply don't know about Hellcat, Machine Man or Cottonmouth. So yes, we need the waves to be movie themed. I don't think we need however, the waves to be over 50% movie figures as much as it is. Hasbro has indeed started attempting to put out all major characters in a film (GOTGv2 when the Ego 2 pack drops), this is equating to less and less comic figures. A (not so simple) solution could be put out more waves per movie so you can achieve both gaining all major movie characters as well as giving CBC's a decent amount of characters as well, but that would tax both Hasbro and our wallets (from the Homecoming wave to the A-Force boxset will cost the completionist nearly $700, and that's just these summer months and NOT including the SDCC boxset so tack on another buck 20)!!!

#39 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

Me, I'm great with either. movie or comic, as long as it's a good figure.

Now lately, I've been all about the comic figures, even going back and ordering a couple of 3-packs I missed because they had comic versions of characters I wanted. That's not to say I won't get a Web-Wing Spidey or that I don't anxiously await the Ragnarok figures.

Face it, the days of the Daredevil movie figure are long gone. Todays movie figs are perfectly interchangeable with comic versions.

Can't  completely agree with that. Can't use MCU Thor. He looks nothing like the comic version. Nor MCU Iron Man (or have you incorporated "Disco Iron Man" into your ANAD Avengers lineup? LOL), Falcon, Hawkeye, Dr Strange or Mordo (for obvious reasons), Loki, Valkyrie (same reason as Mordo), Black Panther, Daredevil & Electra (MCU/Netflix), Spider-Man, Vulture, Gamora, Mantis, Ego, Drax and Yondu. And this doesn't even factor in the countless iterations of Cap and Iron Man figs we've gotten.

I did say "not completely agree" so as to not come off argumentative, here are the ones that CAN be gotten away with displaying alongside comic figures: BAF Hulk, Captain America (looks similar to the Ultimate version), Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Jessica Jones (I may have to cop 2 of those), Rocket, Starlord (only because Marvel altered how Quill looked in the comics to match the movie and even now that's no longer the case), Groot and most especially War Machine. I believe the Punisher can be gotten away with.

Nearly 2-1 against being able to use in your comic based display.

#40 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

Left out Nebula. She's in the "can" category, but once again, only because Marvel altered her appearance to match the movie.

#41 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Left out Nebula. She's in the "can" category, but once again, only because Marvel altered her appearance to match the movie.

Actually see was like that before the movie
That where they got the cyborg idea from

#42 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Actually see was like that before the movie
That where they got the cyborg idea from

You're right. I'm thinking of when she had hair. That was before Thanos initially jacked her up.

#43 mako

mako

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Which Comic Thor should MCU Thor look like?

The woman, the one with the beard, the one who turned into a frog, Ultimate, Heroes Reborn, Age of Heroes, Marvel Now . . . (I feel like the waitress from "Cracking Up")?

Its hard to fault any figure for not resembling a character who changes looks more often than Lucille Ball changes clothes in "Auntie Mame."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us