Improving the site

catter

Ok before everyone starts going crazy I have 3 things to say

1) I just wanna see peoples opinions , I dont think in anyway that I could make a site anywhere as good as this one or even make a website

2)If someone who has just joined here says a comment dont say something like"Your a noob you have no right to say anything" I want this to be a peaceful conversation with no stupid comments

3)Can we keep this in the General Disscusion area becaause the Feedback forum isnt as popular

ok,that being said I think I will start off

I think that some forums like the DieCast Car forum or the Lord of the rings forum should join with the Toy Disscusion forum to make room for other forums like Ghost Busters

You want my two cents??

Get rid of the sig images.

They are a pain to stare at after a short while, UTTERLY ANNOYING AS HECK when the same poster posts several times in the same thread because of the enormous visual clutter. Avatars I don't mind because they are outside the text body area and don;t interfere with reading.

They are also really awful when the posters have a one word or one sentence reply--the sig image is often 5 times the size of the reply itself.

I may be alone in this, but I don't need "peacock feathers" like that.

Maybe its just the sheer size of the images..........

This is a issue with me, because I like to read what people have to say, and if there's something getting in the way of that then it becomes aggravation.

As far as new categories go........personallyt, I'd stick with most of the current trends and fads. Ghostbusters are a firm secondary market collectible--they have no shelf presence these days. They are something that seems best suited to the Toys in General forum.

If I had a complaint about the categories here, its that there's too many. looking at the replies for many of the forums only a few have really high numbers, some have pretty low numbers and could probably be integrated elsewhere, if the desire was there.

My concession: its a mostly young-ish crowd posting here, with accordingly younger tastes and the number of forums reflects this. I can live with things as is.

Something I'd like if the software has it is a "mark ALL Forums read" feature and a "Show new messages only" feature as well--if there isn't already one.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the site and the forums a lot.

--Ken

I think that some forums like the DieCast Car forum or the Lord of the rings forum should join with the Toy Disscusion forum to make room for other forums like Ghost Busters

*cough*let the flame war begin*cough*

:roll: Yeah, Ghostbusters over Die Cast Cars and LOTR!? They have what, tons of toys coming out? Just like Voltron? As most people may forget sometimes, this is a toy board. Die Cast Cars deserves its own forum, and LOTR does also until Toy Biz stops making LOTR figures. Just because Die Cast cars isn't moving like the Joe forum and there's nothing really to talk about until August concerning LOTR toys, doesn't mean either should lose its space to . . . *heavy breathing* Ghostbusters!?

Let's look at a few other things. Thundercats is one of the most popular cartoon shows ever. And it has 2 pages of topics. Ghostbusters, while it had better toys than Thundercats, does not hold a place in everyone's heart like Thundercats does. So, if Thundercats has 2 pages, Ghostbusters will have, what, 10 topics posted before there's nothing to talk about? Sure they have the comics, but that's what the comic section is for. Sure they have the movies, but that's what the movie section is for. Sure they have the toys, but that's what the Toys in General section is for. Sure they have the cartoon, but that's what the Thundercats section is for @-@ (look at the blurb: discuss your fav toons from the 80s here! JayC said so himself @-@ ).

Now, I love Ghostbusters. I love both movies, loved the cartoon show, have a ton of the figures, and even have the first couple of Ghostbusters magazines that came out in the late 80s early 90s. Do I think it deserves its own forum? No. It'll be a dead fish a week after JayC implements it, sitting there idly like the Thundercats forum. Therefore I can't see how this would be an improvement on the site, as the Sports and Music forums were @-@. And now that we have them, I don't think the site really needs any more additions, lest it become too overcrowded with forums that all belong in the Toys Discussion forum just because someone had a whim and wanted a new forum for a defunct toy line that he loved when he was little.

the Lord of the rings forum should join with the Toy Disscusion forum to make room for other forums like Ghost Busters

I'm sorry , but, you want to basicallly get rid of a forum that has had 2 of the most popular movies and toy lines for the last 2 years (with another on the way) to make room for a forum that hasn't had a movie/cartoon/toyline for 10-15 years (or however long it's been). I honestly don't think an upcoming comicbook/movie 'in development' is enough to warrant a new forum (just my $.02)

As for Thundercats/die-cast cars, I don't know how popular they are so I can't judge their 'value'

Being a Moderator... I'm not gonna choose sides or say you guys are right or wrong but the only thing I can suggest is sort of start a petition...
:evil: :evil: muahhahhahha Talks like a true pro!

You get maybe 50 or 100 names then maybe the new group will open...

8) 8) 8) 8) I couldn't say better 8) 8) 8)

Form feet.....................and leg...................

Form arm.......................................................................and body.........

and I'll form the head..................................................................!

You know what Forum I want, Voltron, muahhahhaha and the GoBot, muahahhhhahahhah.

how about a Terminator forum? :D

what do you mean it wouldn't work?? it has a bunch of movies.. everyone likes them.. it had toys too?

maybe we can move the Transformers or GiJoe forum to the general toys section to make room for the Terminator forum :roll:

:wink: