If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It

Dieselboy M

jay, i've always been grateful for adc. sure, i'm not exactly the most straight and narrow member, but i never got into any real trouble. adc was my home on the net. and i never had any complaints about it. ever. i guess i was kinda expecting tni to be not much different than adc, just some new features here and there, and a name more fitting to adc's global membership. but, now it's lost the streamline feel that adc had. and it's not just the colors. the interface is all too different. i don't know exactly what i'm trying to say, it's been a long night, plus a long few days waiting for the arrival of tni. but, i guess right now i'm just feeling the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing...

diesel

jay, i've always been grateful for adc. sure, i'm not exactly the most straight and narrow member, but i never got into any real trouble. adc was my home on the net. and i never had any complaints about it. ever. i guess i was kinda expecting tni to be not much different than adc, just some new features here and there, and a name more fitting to adc's global membership. but, now it's lost the streamline feel that adc had. and it's not just the colors. the interface is all too different. i don't know exactly what i'm trying to say, it's been a long night, plus a long few days waiting for the arrival of tni. but, i guess right now i'm just feeling the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing...

diesel

sorry jay c, i have to agree with Diesel here, it doesnt feel like home anymore, i loved this place, i just thought the forums wouldnt change much, a few new options or upgrades, but same lay out, same feel, just the name would be different, please please change back, i dont think a lot of people are feeling these forums :(

'Zac, that's a valid point, but keep in mind - we didn't join TNI. We joined ADC. The charm is somewhat gone, like the mom n pop store that slowly became a cold, corporate vessel of modern business. The plain white backgrounds, the big ol' MSN style smilies, it's just a little off-putting.

I'm not up and leaving like some nutty folks, but it's really depressing to look at.

Tom

Tom's right as well....we joined ADC,not TNI.TNI is almost a complete 180 from what ADC was.I can see some design similarities,but it is nowhere near the same of how ADC appeared...most noticeable and bothersome to us is the forums.It looks like TFormers.com (because TNI was partially designed by their webmaster)...and well...not on its own or with the same flavor that ADC had.

To put it plainly here....I could give a rat's @$$ about the rest of the site if it was all white and blue and such like it is now.I do admit it is more organized and structured better than the original ADC was.But the forums to me suck...the original ones were fine...and when JayC said we were becoming TNI,he gave the impression off that there will be little to no change of the forums in the first place.

'Zac,I respect that you might like the new layout and all...and you want to tell us to suck it up and live with it.I might just live with it,but I'm not going to suck it up.I don't like the new design of the forums...period and I'm tossing my hat in with the rest of those that don't like them either.

I've stated before, that ADC was due for a change, because the site wasn't going anywhere. In order to grow, the site needs to change from time to time. The site has gone through a change before, and everything turned out fine. Everything will be fine this time around as well :)

Its different, but its not the end of the world guys. Look how much faster it goes, and how easy it is to jump from the forums to other sections of the site. its awesome!! We got all these cool things like the control panel for each user, which eventually, you'll be able to customize the entire site to your liking. These boards support mutltple color schemes for a user to choose from. You can edit anythign!!! You can turn off signatures and avatars, You can select how many posts you want the threads to display per page.

Just give Jay and Jack and the others who are working on the site some time, Everything will be cool in the end. Which such an advanced board, they should be able to please everyone.

Where's a message board for toys suppose to "go" anyways? :lol:

Who's going to suddenly show up NOW that it's not tagged with an AMERICAN title and sign up for membership because the boards aren't with Black background anymore?

I'm just ONE member of many, so it's not like I'm going to make any difference in what's changed about our second home here with my first days review..and I'll certainly learn to adapt to all the changes, but it's still only day-1..

I'm just feeling the intial disappointment with some of the changes, and like I've stated, even before we seen the extent of these changes and had only a hint of the NAME change that was coming...

I hate change! @smilepunch@

please please change back, i dont think a lot of people are feeling these forums :(

You know why no one's feeling them? Cause everyon is used to the old forums. I bet had these been the old forums and he switched, people would still #$## about them not being the same. It;s all a matter of what you are used to. Suck it up :P

No, it's a matter of painfull headaches due to the glare!

But outsiders helped me fix that by playing with the internet explorer settings.

I enjoy all the new stuff save for the colors. That's my only complaint and they seriously give me headaches! not just little ones!

No disrespect to ya JC man, but.........IVP????? WHY?!?!?!?! WTH is wrong with PHPbb????????

ADC was my original home!!!!! I am at many forums, But ADC was the first forum i have eveer heard of, in fact, i didn't even know what the F#*$ a message board was unitil ADC, IT WAS THE BEST!!! Now i post at loads of them, but ADC is still my First and Favorite!!! Please Change it! For the good of the people, members, soul, and......children.....if don't make it ADC again,..then you hate children.......you don't hate children....do you?

#US1# Oh say can you see? by the star-spangled light....... Ohoh The Black, Red, White, and Blue,...please come back to heal our souls!!!...... Oh come back ADC, we miss you dearly, so embrace the true-ue-ue FANS of the Black, Red,....White......and.......BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!!!!!!! Du du du dun dun dundun dun dun dun duhuun un un.....Ohhhh.... ADC- THE BLACK,RED,WHITE,and BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....please come home.... #US1#

*wipes tear from eye* @screamer@

He told us why he did it. ADC wasn't the site he intended and he changed it to what he thinks better suits it. stop complaining. it's his site and he can do what he wants. Jay is really good to us. when you go to front page. how many Popups assault you?. none. how many ads are their for banned rip-offs on this site?, none. all of the ads are for web-sites that can help Action-figure collecters. now is their a little box in the corner of the screen that says Donations welcomed?, NO!. be happy with what you get. and what you get is the greatest Action-figure news site and as a added bonus the greatest Action-figure message board. am I happy with the changes?. no. but I am not bothered by them.

What happened to the american dream? Even the name was better. This name makes it seem like they are selling something. ADC had a feel, like a great site that wasn't flashy, just gave the cold hard facts. I goto the front page now and am blasted by bright colors and confused by alot of letters and numbers and stuff. I also went to click on my marvel on the left ut there were ads #WTF#

I guess there s a different side to it. This site looks ALOT more professional. We will all get used to it with time. But can we maybe hae a few forum skins to choose from?(a dark one)

only thing that would make it even better is if we can use our own avs. i tried to upload one of my many motu avs, but i can't get it to work. =/

Jay has not enabled the capablity to upload your own avatars; I believe he said it could cause problems. You can try pm-ing him to see if he'd add it to the avatar gallery.