Thanks Jayc And Mods

Jase

i agree with OS and Prowl...read this thread from post 1 to now...why is everyone aruging...if you all look...just about everyone wants the Forum back...well the only way its gonna come back is if ya'll chill out...if we cant show JayC that we can be mature and cool in a simple feedback forum, then how do you expect him to reopen a Forum were thats all that was being done...GD turned into a HUGE whining and moan session next to a few news stories that as well turned into a whining and Moan session...

And Prowl is right people have to stop blaming JayC for wanting to keep HIS site clean of BS...the only person i have seen who has accepted blame is VH...i dont get why everyone else is blaming Jay and the MODs

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres an idea. we should make an ignore option for posters. so that way people that disagree with others dont have to read their posts. ken can block VH and not argue and we can black ken cuz he loves to antagonize everyone for speaking their minds. or anyone for that matter. i'd take full use to that since theres a handful of members here that i just go nutty over having to read what they say. and if i could block it right out i wouldnt be fighting back with anyone. plus a stricter mod setting would be perfect so the second someone even splurts out "well your mommas sooo fat..." you can delete the post and give them like a 3 day suspension from the site. and work on a strike program everytime they dont learn they work toward a ban. i bet knowing their memberships are hanging over their heads will shut a lot of fights up.

you do have that option...just don't read :P

I have a question. I'm not a computer guy, and I don't pretend to be, so I really don't know the lingo. What does "flaming," "trolling," and all those other common forums words mean? I really don't know!

Arch

I don't know the exact definitions, but I always thought "flaming" someone is where you're ripping that person, or arguing to the point that they are throughing insults at one another.

A "troll" is some one that spams the board with disruptive, and off topic post. They don't intend on making friends, they are just here to get their jollies by ticking other people off.

I have a question. I'm not a computer guy, and I don't pretend to be, so I really don't know the lingo. What does "flaming," "trolling," and all those other common forums words mean? I really don't know!

Arch

Examples of "flaming":

"Gosh your stupid or a retard if you think that Jessica Alba is hotter than Hilary Duff"

or

"Any of you who thinks that Hayden Christensen should portray Vadar or a bunch of non-reading imbeciles."

Examples of "trolling" or being a "troll"

Forum Topic is "Marvel Legends are cool":

Someone posts in this topic: "I think that it is the best line out there"

A troll will post something like: "I like twiggle berries" #WTF#

There you go :)

You guys need to knock it off. We have pretty much stopped working to get our GD area back.. we were working on it, and were planning to bring it back soon, but the threads and posts in this feedback forum lately, have demonstrated this message board is not responsible enough to have such an area returned.

Fact of the matter is, there has been little decrease in activity on these message boards since the GD area's removal, which shows us there is no hurry for it to be brought back. You guys can continue to enjoy the rest of the board, and this matter is to be dropped.

You guys need to knock it off. We have pretty much stopped working to get our GD area back.. we were working on it, and were planning to bring it back soon, but the threads and posts in this feedback forum lately, have demonstrated this message board is not responsible enough to have such an area returned.

Fact of the matter is, there has been little decrease in activity on these message boards since the GD area's removal, which shows us there is no hurry for it to be brought back. You guys can continue to enjoy the rest of the board, and this matter is to be dropped.

That is sad news. Political discussion cannot die in a week of results, GD room disscussion cannot die in a week, either.

I know I'm pressing the envelope here with this question, but WHY THIS kind of RESPONCE when we made a JOKE about HONEYBOY?

It was just a joke, and it's not an unwarrented one, either.

Actually the feedback area is for suggestions or questions about the site. The reason for the GD being closed has been explained, and your opions stated. The matter is closed for now as is the GD and this area will not be turned into a new GD. For now if your here to discusse topics that are appropriate to the other areas then feel free to do so if not you will need to find someplace else to post.