Thanks Jayc And Mods

Jase

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Vh I really think that is cool what you offered but you are one of the reasons the GD forum was so great. I for one really miss it all and feel lost. Quite a few regulars haven't been posting since it went down and most of them only posted in there. Its like loosing part of your online family. So we don't need to loose anymore. Just sit back and let things blow over like Capt and Mike said.

I am happy that the GD forums will probably come back and if anything I ever said helped get ride of the forums I am sorry for that.

Draven

there is no need for anyone to be banned just yet. But know this, when the GD forums come back, people will be getting in trouble for the type of things that have been going on. So if you already KNOW that you CAN'T discuss certain topics without getting so pissed that you have to bash others, then do not even go in thos topics, because it will cost you.

VH you stay! your integral to tni. and i agree that things should change and instead of ripping a forum away from us, add more mods to the area. not make new ones, but add more to there so at all times people can be watching and editing or deleting potential trouble threads. i see people say theres about 6 bad seeds and i know right now if im not one of them i should be and so shouldnt about 25 more, cuz everyone got angry there. and another thing i saw a post in someone else thread where the member said he came here to talk toys and not read garbage. your solution is to stick to toy forums and not go near the GD if your just gonna get angry.

I will take some of the blame for the G.D. area getting shut down, I know i have said a few things that have pissed people off.

With that being said, I have No regrets nor do i back peddle on anything i have said in the G.D. room.

And Viper Hunter, How dare you play the role of "Drama King". @smilepunch@ They should ban me, I doubt any of my "so-called" posts would be missed. @lol@

I will take some of the blame for the G.D. area getting shut down, I know i have said a few things that have pissed people off.

With that being said, I have No regrets nor do i back peddle on anything i have said in the G.D. room.

And Viper Hunter, How dare you play the role of "Drama King". @smilepunch@ They should ban me, I doubt any of my "so-called" posts would be missed. @lol@

and your signature really hurts my feelings. your too patriotic for my tastes @smilepunch@ @firedevil@ @loll@ #US1#

nothing but fun.

I hope nobody leaves. I've only been here a year, but I count some of you guys as friends. Whenever I have an important question, I post it here. Hell, I didn't even know how to post pictures or do anything when I got here, but it was through your all's help that I actually can function on a computer. I really don't want anyone to leave, like someone said, most of you guys are an online family, a community that all other forums lack. True, I hope the GD gets opened up again, but even if doesn't I hope that no one leaves. That would be a recipe for one sad Arch, with a side of depression.

Arch :(

I've read all the comments in this thread and I still find myself disagreeing with the consensus on bringing back the GD forums.

Of course, I'm only one voice.

The reasons for that forum being deleted remain--that being the personalities of the posters--personalities that do not mesh well.

Rather than banning people, which is unfair if the posters can reform themselves, just take away the vehicle--keep the forum out of the site. Like taking the keys from a drunk driver--they still are drunk, but that's where the damage is limited to.

The controversial topics that get raised WILL get raised again, and spats WILL come of those topics...AGAIN. Reviving the volatile political discussions in GD proved that.

Its pretty clearly established that the pattern is there, why not exorcise the the thing at its source? The only forum that has those kinds of flame-wars is the GD forum--the other forums stay relatively flame-free because the have a specific mandate.

The too-broad range of discussion in GD is its own curse--given the people that post there.

Hey, I enjoyed some of the GD stuff too, but I did not enjoy the ugly stuff. Everyone suffers for the loss, and everyone can gain from the peace.

Sensible, no?

Why do you feel the need to keep repeating yourself? You've made your point and given your vote of NAY to the forum ever being reopened to us...so let it go. Not everyone used the GD forum to pontificate their ideologies and debate controversial topics.

Those people are the victims right now of the ones that DID, and you were a part of it, not the exception from it by any means.

If the GD comes back, I won't be modding for it. I've no interest in dealing with it or a lot of the people within it anymore (and haven't for a while, hence my slacking off from the duty lately anyway).

No real point to this post. Just my two cents and a fact that will likely make a couple of people happy.

Cheers, and good luck with whatever comes of this. Im'ma go back to hiding in the comic forum. ^_^

Why do you feel the need to keep repeating yourself? You've made your point and given your vote of NAY to the forum ever being reopened to us...so let it go. Not everyone used the GD forum to pontificate their ideologies and debate controversial topics.

Those people are the victims right now of the ones that DID, and you were a part of it, not the exception from it by any means.

I've never said I was an exception.

I fully admit my own "guilt" here.

I'm a "victim" too, BTW.

The tiff between you and I is a excellent example of why the forum needs to be permanently closed. Because of those exchanges, its pretty clear there's a mutual contempt between us, something that I think would have either never come about, or been greatly lessened had the opportunity not come about to vent our respective spleens on the big four ( politics, race, sex and religion). We get along just fine in the GIJOE forum because GIJOE is all that gets talked about there.

In a way, its kind of too late anyway, because now the veils are off between us, and with myself and a couple other people. There are personalities I simply do not care to know on any personal level because of things that came out in those discussion--people I have a great disdain for. That's really a shame-though I won't make apologies for not liking someone.

I'd rather be ignorant about what some people are really like and still enjoy the hobby, rather than have to re-evaluate the online hobby because of what I've learned about others.

I do not like what kind of person I appear as, either. I found myself responding to people out of exasperation and writing things myself that I criticize others for. The poison is too easy to get sucked into, and obviously not just for me and if it wasn't me, it'd be someone else.

IMO, the most sensible action is just not have a GD forum.

Last time I looked around Ken, this site consisted of more than just you or I! I'm tired of fighting with you, just to have the last (and usually LONG) word with you.

I don't make the decisions on this site, and I suspect you don't either. Maybe JayC can come in here and share some more hate on his members with us, and lock this stupid thread as well?

So what exactly pushed it over the edge? Last time I looked in it (Friday, I think), it seemed like everything was moving along nicely.

On a semi-related topic;

Rather than banning people, which is unfair if the posters can reform themselves,

I whole-heartedly disagree with that. If they are trolling/rabble-rousing/causing trouble (whatever you wish to call it), they wave thier privilege to post on this site, in my opinion.

just take away the vehicle--keep the forum out of the site

Now that's being "unfair" to posters. That's like a doctor saying "Instead of cutting out the cancer, let's just kill the patient! That'll solve the problem."

Like taking the keys from a drunk driver--they still are drunk, but that's where the damage is limited to.

Going along with that analogy, and your plan for the GD (scrapping it), would be like taking away everyone's key, not just the drunk's.

"Hey sober man, since that guy is too drunk to drive, I'm taking away everyone's car keys."

Does that make sense? No, it doesn't.

If the battery in your TV remote is bad, you throw away the battery. You don't throw away the remote.

IMO, the most sensible action is just not have a GD forum.

Ken raises an interesting point. That is one option. Another option would be to have a completely unmoderated GD forum. Anything goes - if you go in, you need to be aware that you are fair game. If we're afraid of offending the kids or their parents, it could be 18+ only for admission.

Do I honestly think either option is really going to happen? No. Eventually the GD forum will be back. We just need to be patient and then behave once it is back.

Not everyone used the GD forum to pontificate their ideologies and debate controversial topics.

Those people are the victims right now of the ones that DID

Exactly true. we are going to reopen the GD area for these people that did nothing wrong. The people that did cause problems will be allowed to post again too, but we WILL be heavily enforcing the rules so if some of you dont feel you can't control your self in the GD area, then I highly suggest not posting in it when it reopens, or you'll end up finding yourself removed from this board completly. plain and simple.

Each member will be responsible for their own fate here. if they choose not to obey the rules, then we will remove their privalage to post here.

Cool! That would be the fair thing to do, especially for the ones who are not involved in this mess.

Rest assured, that my presence won't be seen in the "new and improved" GD forums anymore as well, so it should make for a peaceful easy love fest.

This whole thing has been utterly disturbing and extremely disappointing, and jayC has pointed the way to the exit door enough times for me, to take heed of my unwelcomed status, so Boo hoo hoo, and all that "over dramatic" cutdown I'll be sure to receive, but nevertheless, I'm glad to hear the GD forum will continue for the ones who didn't abuse it.

Last time I looked around Ken, this site consisted of more than just you or I! I'm tired of fighting with you, just to have the last (and usually LONG) word with you.

I don't make the decisions on this site, and I suspect you don't either. Maybe JayC can come in here and share some more hate on his members with us, and lock this stupid thread as well?

Of course I don't own this site.

Why does it have to be "hate on his members" towards JayC?

Is it because he "spoiled the fun"?? We did that, not him. JayC exercised his authority, is all, to keep the peace.

The old "this is JayC's backyard and we are his guests" analogy has never rang more true. I think that because that's been forgotten that we have the problems.

That is one thing I don't understand, if I was running this site--the offenders would have been banished a very long time ago. I think he's gone waaaay out of his way to be even-handed. He could have been very ruthless in how he dealt with the "problems"--yourself and myself included--and we are both still here.

I actually wished we could be friends. Unfortunately, even though we might appeared to be "mature" fellows--there's too wide a rift in the kind of people we are to bridge that gap. Too much has been said.

It'd be a shame if it happened to anyone else.

Arrow, I too had a big problem with VH and we got into a couple of times in which we pretty much attacked each other. However over the course of time we got to become friends. I like VH now.

So while the problem between u and VH may show why it needs to remain closed the problem and the solving of the problem between VH and I shows why it should come back and stay open. If we had been unable to keep talking/debating the rift between us wouldve probably remained.

I'm glad I got the opportunity to be cool with VH. I think it'd be a shame if nobody else got that opportunity.

Jesus H. Christ...

You guys have gone from the General Discussion forum to the Feedback forum to debate and argue about who screwed what up in the General Discussion forum...

The General Discussion forum is closed and by the looks of it the only person who will change that is JayC and I can bet no one is showing him any reason to reopen it... He locked the damn forum cause of us bitching and arguing and here we are on page 3 still bitching and arguing about who's fault it is...

My suggestion is everyone go to their neutral corners and let this all blow over and we come back to this matter later on...

Hell... I'm sort of glad the General Discussion forum is closed as well cause I was getting sick of the bitching and arguing and thinking of take a small vacation from here...

I've read all the comments in this thread and I still find myself disagreeing with the consensus on bringing back the GD forums.

Of course, I'm only one voice.

The reasons for that forum being deleted remain--that being the personalities of the posters--personalities that do not mesh well.

Rather than banning people, which is unfair if the posters can reform themselves, just take away the vehicle--keep the forum out of the site. Like taking the keys from a drunk driver--they still are drunk, but that's where the damage is limited to.

The controversial topics that get raised WILL get raised again, and spats WILL come of those topics...AGAIN. Reviving the volatile political discussions in GD proved that.

Its pretty clearly established that the pattern is there, why not exorcise the the thing at its source? The only forum that has those kinds of flame-wars is the GD forum--the other forums stay relatively flame-free because the have a specific mandate.

The too-broad range of discussion in GD is its own curse--given the people that post there.

Hey, I enjoyed some of the GD stuff too, but I did not enjoy the ugly stuff. Everyone suffers for the loss, and everyone can gain from the peace.

Sensible, no?

No, not sensible.

What you are saying to me is "please censor me, because I can't control myself! No wait, in fact, please censor ALL of Us because some of us can't control ourselves!"

To use your analogy, that would be like making ALL driving illegal because some people will drive drunk.

The thing is, we just want to get rid of the drunk drivers, and we will.

So if you are worried that you might drive drunk, don't get in the car.

We will be simply enforcing rules. The members will be the ones who decide if they stay.

Like I said, if anyone is worried that they will not be able to live by the rules, they need to stick to the toy forums then. The rest of us will be enjoying the GD forum again.

You know, guys, I can't believe that some of you decided to take this thread to squabble here too. OS is right - the fact that a few of you decided to carry on your feuds into a FEEDBACK FORUM is pretty uncool.

Can't any of you see the reason why the GD is closed? Because you guys can't refrain yourselves from continuing egging each other on? You guys want to talk about opinions and questioning JayC for closing the GD, then prove him wrong. Prove to him that you're actually able to state your opinion, but also respect the other opinions that other people post without having to resort to the mindless bickering and flaming that just escalates matters and makes things worse.

Frankly, I am not optimistic that the GD will be opening anytime soon because the arguing continues in here. And hearing people saying, I'll leave and what not...well, I'm sorry that you feel that way...

However, I'm not sorry for sounding harsh because it's about time people accepted some responsibility for their own actions rather than blaming others and JayC.

heres an idea. we should make an ignore option for posters. so that way people that disagree with others dont have to read their posts. ken can block VH and not argue and we can black ken cuz he loves to antagonize everyone for speaking their minds. or anyone for that matter. i'd take full use to that since theres a handful of members here that i just go nutty over having to read what they say. and if i could block it right out i wouldnt be fighting back with anyone. plus a stricter mod setting would be perfect so the second someone even splurts out "well your mommas sooo fat..." you can delete the post and give them like a 3 day suspension from the site. and work on a strike program everytime they dont learn they work toward a ban. i bet knowing their memberships are hanging over their heads will shut a lot of fights up.