You Won't Be Seeing Much Rogue Around Here

wayward_rogue

That's a bit drastic isn't it wayward_rogue?!!!

Don't forget, but the main reason we came here in the first place was to talk toys (for most of us it was anyway)!!!!!.

Most of us are missing the GD area, but i don't think that it was such a bad idea closing it for a while, at least for it to calm things down. But for now, we wait and see what happens. :)

What about those of us who no longer have time to stay current and up-to-date in terms of toys, but enjoy coming here to chat with people they've known for well over a year...?

I left here for a year and came back because it's a heck of a lot of fun talking about random goofy things with people you "know" who share common interests... and I missed that. I don't mean to turn this into a sympathy story, cause quite frankly, I'm not looking for any. I just wanted to say that save for one or two trolls, all you guys (and girls) rule, it's been fun, etc. :)

...And will somebody please toss me a line when they get GD back up? @wink@ @lol@

you'll be back. they always come back ;)

plus if you had read around, you would know we are working on a new GD area. We are working hard on making new rules, and a warning/banning system is being developed to make sure people keep in line.

I mean, I've run a few forums, and been to many and it isn't that hard at all to manage the GD.

Simply make sure everyone knows not to goof off. The only thing in it that was really causing a problem was the political threads, make sure EVERYONE knows there will be no political threads made, and if it happens, ZERO TOLERANCE, notify or ban the person on site.

I just think Deleting GD was kind of over the edge especially for a problem I wasn't seeing as being that bad, at least not something that couldn't be easily solved.

Get more mods, or at least one or two STRICTLY for deleting bad topics, and keeping the posters of GD in check.

well jay didn't delete it, he just removed everyone's access to it. it'll be back, just not today or tomorrow. We all need a break from it for now. But believe me when it does come back, the rules are going to be heavily enforced to every member, no matter who you are, how long you have been here or how much you contribute to the site.

Well,I was gone for the weekend too and I came back and the GD forum was gone.I can't say right now I miss it all that much though because there was a lot of poltical crap going on in there and it really raised the negativity level.

Still...I'm relieved to hear this isn't a permanent thing.I think the General Discussion forum is one of...if not,the most popular forum here and it's where all the different toy group fans (GI Joe,TFs,Marvel,etc.) come together.Having the TNI forum and not having the GD section would just change things all over again.

What about those of us who no longer have time to stay current and up-to-date in terms of toys, but enjoy coming here to chat with people they've known for well over a year...?

Or nearly three years?

I agree, Samus. I don't have much to talk about in regards to toys anymore, although I still collect, but I still have so many friends here, that this is a big slap in the face, and shows me exactly where I feared ADC was going when it changed over to TNI. It's been a gradual push towards "bigger and better" yet forgetting what made this site so great in the first place. I guess it's just about like everything else that sells out to appease the majority...

The funny thing is, in terms of "thought policing," this site is getting as bad as theforce.net...which I stopped posting on due to the restriction of conversation, yet that site has hundreds, of thousands, of members. This site merely has a fraction of that, and is already there. I don't like it, and I'm not gonna change my points of view to conform to someone elses's.

Well, I know my place now...and if anyone wants to keep in contact with me, email me at my new email address: jstenzel@centurytel.net , or add me to your messenger buddylist: saveitforyourown@hotmail.com.

I don't expect to be posting here much in the future, and if I do, it will be even less than I did already, in lue of the changes made in the last year or so. If anyone else finds a new forum, where we can freely discuss our thoughts, and disagree with each other, without being censored...drop me a line.

WHOA!

You guys are getting CRAZY!

Darth, VH, Samus, everyone! Let's not let this get out of hand here, seriously! It's just a brief 'scolding' by JayC, as it would seem.

Believe me, I'm not happy with it either - and I don't think it was called for. What is this, Tformers.com? @haha@ TNI, or to be more accurate ADC, was fun because of the relaxed rules.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't get so upset! Things will revert back to the way they were, once everyone has settled down. Whether or not we'll WANT it back since JayC will have special interest in keeping things 'civil' is another question, but it's STILL TNI. It's not about him or the moderators, or the topics or the grammar, it's about US! =D

Tom

You guys are pretty funny. Half of ya bitching about the GD being closed were the ones always arguing with each other that caused it to be closed in the first place, and now your coming on here basically saying to JayC we could care less about toys or what this site is about and if you dont give us our room back so we can start fighting with each other again we're leaving. I say good ridence to the lot of ya, the site and the boards are better off with out ya.

You guys are pretty funny. Half of ya bitching about the GD being closed were the ones always arguing with each other that caused it to be closed in the first place, and now your coming on here basically saying to JayC we could care less about toys or what this site is about and if you dont give us our room back so we can start fighting with each other again we're leaving. I say good ridence to the lot of ya, the site and the boards are better off with out ya.

That kind of a post is EXACTLY the kind of crap that would start problems in the GD forum! <_<

Glad you wanted to set an example for us!

And of course, now that I've made my point on THAT, I'm going to be ridiculed for starting trouble myself? :rolleyes: